Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mr. Stingly posted:

Reviewers are audibly straining to maintain street cred while at the same time sucking Ubi's wang as required by the industry. It's really not good when the writer is like "Maybe they're being ironic and this is meant as a satire of the typical microwaved horseshit game writers have been plugging for the last 12 years???? At least that's how I played it????"

You gotta get paid, I get that but maybe just go ahead and lie to me instead because with these half in/half out writeups I can't tell if the writer is just a moron or trying to blink his eyes in morse code to let us know they tortured him and none of what he's saying is true and the game is actually doomed to be a dissapointment.

far cry 3 isn't terrible, it's ironic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HbBxtmCCaI

14 minute SP walkthrough with some MP break-ins.

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 24, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Crappy Jack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUIowUR4r0o

Yeah, here's them showing off that exact multiplayer system from the point of view of both the hacker and hackee, along with the smartphone integration multiplayer AND the competitive combat one.

God damnit I only saw the giantbomb video where Brad says that the invasion mp wasn't in anymore.

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

randombattle posted:

God damnit I only saw the giantbomb video where Brad says that the invasion mp wasn't in anymore.

Why did they take it out?

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

VarXX posted:

They confirmed theres 8 player free roam. They just didn't show it off at any of the events.

Everyone upgrade your goddamn computers and buy this on Steam. Like, right the gently caress now.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Michael Scott posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HbBxtmCCaI

14 minute SP walkthrough with some MP break-ins.

From September 2013 before they decided a big delay was necessary.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

TheSpiritFox posted:

Everyone upgrade your goddamn computers and buy this on Steam. Like, right the gently caress now.

preordering things is always a good idea, and never something you regret!!!

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Psygnosis posted:

Why did they take it out?

They didn't. Someone said they did, but they were wrong.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

preordering things is always a good idea, and never something you regret!!!

If I check your post history am I going to find you crying over Aliens: Colonial Marines or something?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

TheSpiritFox posted:

If I check your post history am I going to find you crying over Aliens: Colonial Marines or something?

you won't find it in my post history but i did preorder civilization 5

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Wow, that preview didn't pull any punches. Ubisoft probably ain't to happy about that.

At least it sounds like the largest problems are with the story and the game is at its best when you just go around ignoring story missions.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

randombattle posted:

He didn't say it wasn't in, just that the venue had network issues and it wasn't available.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I see the invader in that video follows Raiden's thought process of disguise in the high tech future :allears:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I've seen this posted a few places:

8 Minutes of Multiplayer. Looks like it has potential.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Athenry posted:

I've seen this posted a few places:

8 Minutes of Multiplayer. Looks like it has potential.

At least read the last page before posting...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

It has tachikomas.

loving sold.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

Why does the spider tank have 6 legs?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

TheSpiritFox posted:

I'm hoping my 2500 is going to be able to handle Watch Dogs. :ohdear:

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 24, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Hopefully that MP integration is actually as smooth as they make it out to be. GTA:O is a shitfest when it comes to that in the form of constant heavy long loading screens.
Joining a session with friends, loading screen, Oops the session is full, loading screen back into a different session, whoops connection dropped, loading you back into the SP, another loading screen to load back into the MP then possibly another loading screen to get to play with your friends.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Sedisp posted:

I'm hoping my 2500 is going to be able to handle Watch Dogs. :ohdear:

Yeah, I think I might just go for the 360 version. I can probably play it on minimum settings but without the money to upgrade at the moment (which I actually had before it was delayed) I don't want to risk it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Croccers posted:

Hopefully that MP integration is actually as smooth as they make it out to be. GTA:O is a shitfest when it comes to that in the form of constant heavy long loading screens.

And hopefully the rewards aren't a total joke that force grinding like GTA:O. :(

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

TheSpiritFox posted:

Speedball posted:

It has tachikomas.

loving sold.

There's your answer

I'm becoming more stupidly excited about this game the more that comes out about it

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

And hopefully the rewards aren't a total joke that force grinding like GTA:O. :(
I'm a little disappointed that EVERYONE IS ADRIAN BUT ISN'T :supaburn: for MP content but I can see why you don't get to pick. But in the end Watch Dogs and GTAV/GTA:O have aimed to do two different things in different ways.

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014

TheSpiritFox posted:

yet even on steam it will still require uplay, gently caress that noise

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I just want to play as Darkman, where do I have to buy it to play as Darkman?

Only on the uPlay Store or do you get that outfit from Steam too?

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
My only real fear for this game is that its just rear end Creed modern. If the story is ok then im fine with the fact you can free roam and stuff. Lack of variety in missons is a problem for any open world game as they can only really be of the go here steal/kill that and escape.

Would be nice if the hacking had levels of complexity but so far its looking good and will probably buy it day one as there is not much else out.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Gesadt posted:

Did you seriously think that a Ubisoft game wasn't going to need to use Uplay? How else are they going to get all that delicious customer data otherwise, you gonna fill out a survey or something? Uplay is about on the same level as Steam honestly. I don't begrudge them their digital distro service, I just wish they would integrate it better into the game, like make it an option from the main menu or something. At least it's not Origin, right?
PS:I love the fact that the devs included all the loving crazy rear end poo poo in the form of "digital drugs" so they could cut loose and add stupid aweseome poo poo like the Spider Tank. And yes, it has it's own skills you level up.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Dreadwroth posted:

PS:I love the fact that the devs included all the loving crazy rear end poo poo in the form of "digital drugs" so they could cut loose and add stupid aweseome poo poo like the Spider Tank. And yes, it has it's own skills you level up.

Yeah, I think they handled that perfectly, since on the one hand, GIANT loving SPIDER ROBOTS are awesome and it always helps to have some goofy poo poo in your sandbox, but on the other hand, putting GIANT loving SPIDER ROBOTS into the game proper would've sent the whole game's plot right over the shark.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Dreadwroth posted:

Did you seriously think that a Ubisoft game wasn't going to need to use Uplay? How else are they going to get all that delicious customer data otherwise, you gonna fill out a survey or something? Uplay is about on the same level as Steam honestly. I don't begrudge them their digital distro service, I just wish they would integrate it better into the game, like make it an option from the main menu or something. At least it's not Origin, right?

I remember reading that AC4 was to be the last game to require Uplay. :confused:

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

Gesadt posted:

Crap I didn't see that part. I have to deal with it for FC3 and Blood Dragon so it won't be too bad. Just gotta make sure it all goes on one account.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

lady blue shanghai posted:

I remember reading that AC4 was to be the last game to require Uplay. :confused:

I don't know about "require" but Trials Fusion definitely has uPlay.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I think the only recent Uplay-less game has been South Park, and that's mostly because it was already well underway when it got bought by Ubisoft.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

On the one hand, crappy DRM. On the other hand, they usually at least offer some decent unlockables on there, so maybe I can find a skin that looks Aiden not look like a goon. Really hoping there's a way to get that Darkman outfit on PS4 without having to wait months for them to release a DLC pack.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

If you plan to upgrade you computer to play this game it's almost guaranteed that it will be a tie in with high end Nvidia cards pretty soon. Don't buy anything yet.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

TheSpiritFox posted:

Because anime.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Going with 6 legs rather than 8 presents an opportunity to save 25% on leg manufacturing costs per robot.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Well after watching a bunch of those videos I am loving sold on getting this. Cant wait to destroy Chicago in a giant spiderbot.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Speedball posted:

It has tachikomas.

loving sold.

I hope the spidertank stuff garners a lot of attention and it leads to Ubisoft using the concepts in this game to make a Ghost in the Shell open world game. I'd buy the hell out of that game. When I first saw the hacking stuff I immediately thought of that franchise.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Wait, since when do spiders have six legs?

I think by definition they're not spiders...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

NeoSeeker posted:

Wait, since when do spiders have six legs?

I think by definition they're not spiders...

Of course not. They're robots. Duh.

• Locked thread