Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
One full track of a dungeon gets you 3 weapons, 1 armour piece and enough tokens for another armour piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Where's the goddam guild pic?

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
The end reward of pvp tracks is incredibly lovely for the amount of work that goes into it, I mostly do it for the intermediary rewards. Now that they have nerfed dungeon loot to once per day per path however, that may be the main way of getting dungeon skins.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

SFD had Music Night in WvWednesday tonight:

(click for big)

It was beautiful and heavenly! But the real highlight was joining in on the GvG in Obsidian Sanctum. We were intending just to spectate, but the seating was uncomfortable and the food prices bullshit.

We had no choice but to make the GvGers pay for their ripoff stadium, despite the best efforts of Tivac to interfere.

Our fans rejoiced at our victory!

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Arus I want to hate you but then you do things like this and I just can't help but love you.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

ShadowMoo posted:

The end reward of pvp tracks is incredibly lovely for the amount of work that goes into it, I mostly do it for the intermediary rewards. Now that they have nerfed dungeon loot to once per day per path however, that may be the main way of getting dungeon skins.
I dunno, I think the rewards are fine. I've done about 30 odd tPvP games over the last week or so (with about a 2/3 win rate) and I've completely filled out one track and half of another. Given I was going to be doing tPvP anyway, they're just a nice added bonus.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why would anyone hate Arus. :smith:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Alteisen posted:

"It's amazing how many people follow the dipshit that makes decisions for SFD" -Maguuma 2014

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Alteisen posted:

http://contingency-plan.net/wellparty/snails.ogg

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CLAM DOWN posted:

"It's amazing how many people follow the dipshit that makes decisions for SFD" -Maguuma 2014

But its usually funny!

You are one of the people I miss the most right now. :unsmith:

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Is incinerary one of the anet devs that was hanging around vigil keep? That name seems familiar. If so that's pretty great.

Oh and tonight was great, there were like 5 Arus's saying Uguuuuu and "I hosed a snail" in mumble at the same time.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Apr 24, 2014

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Na, he's just some guy in good fights.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

http://dulfy.net/2014/04/23/event-timer/

Looks like dulfy added a timer to her site, but not sure how it'll workout with megaservers since the events don't all go off at the same time. Also kind of redundant since we have a schedule for it posted, but might be useful to someone.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

The timer is synced up to the schedule, as have all the new/refurbished timers that have come out.

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008
Prereqs all have to be done and finish at different times though don't they? Can't you get boned by being on a megaserver that failed an event or something before you got there?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Is incinerary one of the anet devs that was hanging around vigil keep? That name seems familiar. If so that's pretty great.

Oh and tonight was great, there were like 5 Arus's saying Uguuuuu and "I hosed a snail" in mumble at the same time.

Just checked my recording (which despite much tweaking turned out to be poo poo quality :smith:) and Incinerary is an ANet employee who was at the event when we gatecrashed it. He was representing Good Fights at the time. I guess he didn't want to become a target.

I think these Good Fights people do this on purpose. We do WvW at the same time every Wednesday. I don't understand why they get angry at us when they can just reschedule.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Grab your free Black Lion Key/Disappointment from the gemstore now.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Just to make sure you don't end up spectacularly disappointed... You're aware that the "set" contains your choice of one piece of Arah armor, right?

WHAT?! :argh:
Oh well I just want pants and shoes, so I'll probably work on getting the rest of 360 Arah bux.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine

Dazh posted:

Prereqs all have to be done and finish at different times though don't they? Can't you get boned by being on a megaserver that failed an event or something before you got there?

I think the prereq lasts about as long as the full boss timer. Did a KQ and we were on about 2 min when the last camp cleared. Timer then jumped back to 10 min. So yes it is possible, but you would have to be like 10-15 mins late for that to happen.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Aesis posted:

WHAT?! :argh:
Oh well I just want pants and shoes, so I'll probably work on getting the rest of 360 Arah bux.
As the other guys said, you actually get tokens from the track as well so you'll have enough to buy the shoes if you pick the pants from the reward box.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Lonk posted:

I got a mini caithe!

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Lonk posted:

Also free magic find booster/mystic forge daily fodder.

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004

Lonk posted:

Whoo I got my best Black Lion chest yet. A Weapon Ticket scrap, a magic find booster, and a skillpoint scroll.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
Heh, I got two transmutations charge and one (1) strength booster.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

I got a stubbed toe and a killstreak booster. That doesn't even give me a tenth of a level.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

CLAM DOWN posted:

What harsh words towards us.

I spent a good amount of time in that arena getting drunk on off a keg in my frog suit with that TC general.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

String Beans posted:

What harsh words towards us.

I spent a good amount of time in that arena getting drunk on off a keg in my frog suit with that TC general.

People were pretty un-chill after that. Usually dudes are down to ERP but everyone was fighting me.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

ItBurns posted:

People were pretty un-chill after that. Usually dudes are down to ERP but everyone was fighting me.

I decided to do Obsidian for the hell of it in the middle of the night last night and I noticed a commander tag there so after finishing I went back to the start and found some nerds trying to GvG again. One warrior kept going up on the platforms above the arena with Death From Above equipped and jumping down on people.

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 01100101 01110010
megaservers need to be numbered or something so there's some loving way to distinguish and talk about them

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

quite the fucker posted:

megaservers need to be numbered or something so there's some loving way to distinguish and talk about them

why?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

quite the fucker posted:

I think you are missing the point here.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

quite the fucker posted:

You don't understand how Megaservers work.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

quite the fucker posted:

I agree, we could call them "overflows"!

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

CLAM DOWN posted:

I agree, we could call them "overflows"!

They work exactly like the old overflows for the most part but its a Rubix Cube to the community due to the name change. If Arus can herd the 80 drunk cats that make up SFD every Saturday it shouldn't be too bad for anyone else.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
All overflows all the time.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I just asked for [GOON] authentication but I also just realized that I haven't posted in a very, very long time. So I'm just reinforcing the illusion that I exist.

I am a filthy casual and I have a baby and horrible, crippling alt-itis, all of which add up to me having played since launch and having not one single level 80 character (but one of every class, obviously), but I hope you will accept and love me anyway.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
SFD leadership is p much the tree fort across the street.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

J3ng4 posted:

They work exactly like the old overflows for the most part but its a Rubix Cube to the community due to the name change. If Arus can herd the 80 drunk cats that make up SFD every Saturday it shouldn't be too bad for anyone else.

Whoa. Not everyone is drunk. Some people are high or just stupid in dreggons case.

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004

J3ng4 posted:

So what you are saying is Arus should lead Guild Tequatl runs nightly. I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Crimsonbeak posted:

So what you are saying is Arus should lead Guild Tequatl runs nightly. I agree.

I'd rather do esports.

• Locked thread