Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Nodoze posted:

16 second on Invisibility, 30 on team conceal :lol: god drat that's terrible

Hahahah. Wow.

She's going to be dying all the time then, she has like no defense outside of that and her (pretty good, but totally immobile, 50% uptime) dome

I really wish I hadn't bought the advance pack, I didn't like NC, MK or Strange and Sue seems like a total mess.

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Nodoze posted:

16 second on Invisibility, 30 on team conceal :lol: god drat that's terrible

Just make it a toggle for 20 spirit/sec or each pip of force gives you 3 seconds or something.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Well, whoever the dev on Invisible Woman is has no idea.

She no longer has any +DR while invisible. Her invisible power has a passive of +dr while visible ?

I dunno, she's all over the place.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Ajax posted:

Well, whoever the dev on Invisible Woman is has no idea.

She no longer has any +DR while invisible. Her invisible power has a passive of +dr while visible ?

I dunno, she's all over the place.

those of you who are not banned for cyberterrorism, please stay on them

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Yeah there's definitely some weird knee-jerk poo poo going on with Sue at the very last minute on TC.

I blame WarLocke, mostly.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
Still gonna play Sue when she comes out but it sounds like it might be a rocky start until they finally figure out what they want to do. Oh well, they can tinker with her all they want for the duration of free respecs and I won't mind.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Are all these bonus events only lasting friday-sunday or are they lasting a full week?

I hope it's a week because I can't log on at all this weekend

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

LeninVS posted:

Are all these bonus events only lasting friday-sunday or are they lasting a full week?

I hope it's a week because I can't log on at all this weekend

You get the "big gifts" this Saturday, but the event is a week long. I'm also not joking here, you can probably make a thread asking Doomsaw to log you in on Saturday to get the presents.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Looks like crit DR on uniques were nerfed like hell. No doubt to make other legendaries more attractive while keeping to their promise of not nerfing Gugnir. Pathetic.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
I really hate this obsession with "not nerfing". You can't make something better without making competing items worse in comparison so the whole distinction is just childish. Furthermore, if you never bring things down in power when they are out of line and, instead, increase everything else you get this insane power creep like we've had recently. I know people complain and stuff when their numbers get smaller and not when everyone elses numbers get bigger but it's really not healthy to always have everything increasing in power while tuning.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Has anyone suggested Puck as a Team-Up? If not, someone should.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Huge reduction to Red Room Reflexes on current test (before) (after).

When changes are this drastic a day before release it feels less like "tuning" and more like "Gaz is wildly flailing around "

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

Spudsly posted:

I really hate this obsession with "not nerfing". You can't make something better without making competing items worse in comparison so the whole distinction is just childish. Furthermore, if you never bring things down in power when they are out of line and, instead, increase everything else you get this insane power creep like we've had recently. I know people complain and stuff when their numbers get smaller and not when everyone elses numbers get bigger but it's really not healthy to always have everything increasing in power while tuning.

The have a big tendency to nerf things that don't really need it, while ignoring things that need pretty big buffs, mostly because they can't seem to fit it into whatever damage formula they are running. This is a fast paced ARPG after all, no one I know is interested in slowing down the game play for a more MMORPG type experience. Besides, they are horrible at maths, and there is absolutely no telling what it intentional and what isn't, so you just end up rolling with whatever the flavor of the month is anyways.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Hahahah. Wow.

She's going to be dying all the time then, she has like no defense outside of that and her (pretty good, but totally immobile, 50% uptime) dome

I really wish I hadn't bought the advance pack, I didn't like NC, MK or Strange and Sue seems like a total mess.

I'm pretty luke-warm on MK myself, but NC and Strange are both pretty unique and cool characters in action. They both beat the pants off that stint were we got GR, Gambit, and Loki (Loki ain't bad, just kinda boring in my opinion).

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Question about trading in uniques: when trading in 4 uniques, do you get a chance at a unique the hero would want to use, e.g. no The Darkhold for a Physical damage-only character, or is it a chance at a unique the hero is capable of equipping even if they wouldn't be able to make good use of it, as in the above example?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Question about trading in uniques: when trading in 4 uniques, do you get a chance at a unique the hero would want to use, e.g. no The Darkhold for a Physical damage-only character, or is it a chance at a unique the hero is capable of equipping even if they wouldn't be able to make good use of it, as in the above example?

It's just that hero's uniques, plus Any Hero stuff.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Remember that special store announcement that was supposed to be made?

It was made. It's a Team Up Advance Pay2win Pack with 8 new team ups.

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/team-advance-pack-available

quote:

Beta Ray Bill: A super soldier from the Korbinite alien race and the first non-Asgardian to be deemed worthy to wield Mjolnir, Beta Ray Bill now wields his own hammer called Stormbreaker.

Clea: Sometimes leader of the Dark Dimension and a former student of Doctor Strange, Clea possesses nearly unlimited magical power. She uses her vast magical powers to defend the Earth from her uncle Dormammu.

Deadpool-the-Kid: From the Earth-1108 universe, this Wild West version of the ‘merc with a mouth’ is wanted for “bank robbery, arson, software piracy and stampeding pygmy goats through an orphanage.”

Domino: A product of Project: Armageddon, Domino uses her power to affect probability and do almost the impossible to aid X-Force.

Havok: Brother to Cyclops of the X-Men and a previous member of X-Factor, Havok absorbs cosmic energy and channel it into intense plasma blasts.

She-Hulk: This formerly meek lawyer received a blood transfusion from her cousin Bruce Banner, and with it, gained the ability to turn into a (not as rampaging) Hulk of her own. Unlike her cousin, while transformed, she retains her sharp wit and mind.

Spider-Woman: With bioelectric powers, super-human strength and flight, this former Hydra assassin has now become a valued member of various iterations of the Avengers. This is the Jessica Drew version of Spider-Woman.

Wasp: Wife and partner to Ant-Man, she uses Pym particles to shrink, which gives her wings and the ability to fire blasts of energy at her enemies.

ICR fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 25, 2014

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Im not going to bother with more team ups. I have Spidey and its all Ill need till theres some sort of sale when Ill get one or maybe two more. They're more of a novelty.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Eiffel On You posted:

I know nothing about Marvel comics, is that a horse named Bill wearing Thor's costume? That's legit as hell.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Eiffel On You posted:

That's very tempting even if it's a big gimmick.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
How did they get SG so right and mess up Widow and Sue :sigh:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I left this part of the Team Up Advance Pack out. It also comes with:

quote:

Deadpool The Kid ENHANCED Hero Costume: Costume for playable Deadpool. Delivered at least one month before official release

ENHANCED Bonus Team-Up "Arachne": Black Suit Spider-Woman Team-Up with new powers and voice over

5x Team-Up Gear Find Boosts: Released when Epic Team-up Gear launches

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah I have to buy it to get the Arachne costume.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah I have to buy it to get the Arachne costume.

Its not exclusive. Everything will be available in the store.

edit: looks like they deleted the thing about store availability from the FAQ, so :iiam:

edit2: From the email
" - FREE Team-Up Hero "Arachne" in her black costume with Early Access "

so early access only

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 25, 2014

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

It says they're exclusive but then it says the Deadpool the Kid costume is just a month-advance thing, so I dunno

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Alright, this owns:

I already play as Beta Ray Bill, what happens if I choose him as a Team-Up?

If you are playing as Beta Ray Bill, if you choose him as a Team-Up, Thor will actually come and fight with you instead!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

Alright, this owns:

I already play as Beta Ray Bill, what happens if I choose him as a Team-Up?

If you are playing as Beta Ray Bill, if you choose him as a Team-Up, Thor will actually come and fight with you instead!

Whoa now, is that per one of the developers? If so awesome!

By awesome, I mean, totally pay2win greatness and I'm excited!

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011
I'm assuming they haven't posted their stats/skills yet? Because I bought the first pack, and felt a little let down considering they are more useful as stat sticks, and that pretty much just includes Falcon/Spidey so far.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Domino looks bad rear end.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

ded posted:

Domino looks bad rear end.

Same models been used for the NPC for a while now.

Redeem this key!

SPRCNDY2

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

After buying the first 4 team ups I don't really know why I'd buy 8 more. They barely do anything.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Goons, so you know how we are saving up eggs for Costume Cores?

Beast sells a RANDOM costume core AKA you cannot pick the stats at all for 10 Mysterious Eggs and 5 Shiny Eggs. Just tested a few on Test Center and I was getting things like "25% SIF with +1 Speed".

That is not worth my time so I'm buying all Ghost Boxes.

Not impressed with that at all. That's doodoo butter.

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

Eiffel On You posted:

Goons, so you know how we are saving up eggs for Costume Cores?

Beast sells a RANDOM costume core AKA you cannot pick the stats at all for 10 Mysterious Eggs and 5 Shiny Eggs. Just tested a few on Test Center and I was getting things like "25% SIF with +1 Speed".

That is not worth my time so I'm buying all Ghost Boxes.

Not impressed with that at all. That's doodoo butter.

God drat it, are the LoH ones at least dropping yet? Their wording on that seemed kinda vague.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Where can I see skill info on Team-Ups? I'd like to get one but I don't know what any of them do aside from goon anecdotes (like Magik's demons having collision).

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Nodoze posted:

How did they get SG so right and mess up Widow and Sue :sigh:

I tried to write a big effort post on IW in her feedback thread, but even that wouldn't make a nicely rounded hero to be honest. It just feels like they missed a beat on her. Here's hoping even if she launches wonky, she will be fixed in time.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I thought IW was being released next week? Its usually a pattern of 2 small weekly patches, then a patch that has a 52 rework, then the patch that has the new hero. We are so used to gaz only giving us 2 days notice for changes that we forgot about this.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Gaz has said they want this patch to be up on Friday

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Ajax posted:

Gaz has said they want this patch to be up on Friday

I get that. Have they explicitly said that IW is going to be in this patch? I remember for NC he went on TC with the patch from the week before.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

As far as I know, she's not coming with tomorrow's patch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She was listed as either tomorrow, or Monday if they need more testing.

They need more testing.

Too bad nobody is going to do it with this weekend's event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Ryolnir just posted that she would be held back from this patch for more testing.

• Locked thread