Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I actually found a pretty good condition PS3 guitar and drumset on the side of the street a couple weeks ago. The only thing I took was the drum pedal because my original RB2 one was pretty much ready to shatter any day soon. Thinking on it I've had some ridiculous luck with RB instruments, I also got a brand new ION drum set for $50 on ebay years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Woffle posted:

On Craigslist I'm finding closer to 40 bucks. Then again, I'm risking a scenario where I'm forced to earn "dungeonbucks" by doing oddjobs in some sort of dungeon.

You can get a pretty wide variety of plastic toys with dungeonbucks. I'm not sure if they make attachments to hook any up to a system besides maybe the Oculus Rift though.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
To add something to the actual RB conversation besides gloating, if you do end up getting back in you should really check out the customs DLC that has been going since the official support ended. It's super easy to install, the only requirement is having an EA copy of RB3 and a USB stick if you're doing it on 360.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Forums Barber posted:

craigslist is the place to go for people who need forty bucks right now and are willing to give you all their plastic instruments for it. Just bring Lysol a gun.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
While adding drums/bass/etc to the music game genre was a necessary evolution I personally got a lot more out of the games when they were more score/competition based rather than party focused. Guitar Hero 2 and 3 were the peak for me but I still had a lot of fun and bought a bunch of songs for the Rock Bands.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I really and truly wish there was a way to track the sheer number of hours I've put into Rock Band. I've already sunk a lot of time into Rocksmith 2014, but that's a fraction of a drop in the bucket of my total music game time.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I can put a precise number on the hours I've spent playing Rockband:

Zero

Because I guess music licensing hosed it and not a single Rockband game has legit come out in this corner of the world :(

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
I broke my Beatles RB drumkit cos I had too much vodka and went all Keith Moon on it during Helter Skelter :(

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Just finished the Hardware episode of WOFF and I gotta say, at the very end when you said something like,
"And now we'll talk about Nintendo's big gently caress-up" I thought for sure you'd get a brief mention in of the Virtual Boy.

I'm surprised it didn't get at least a passing mention, being Nintendo's only real 100% complete failure of a system.

or maybe the Virtual Boy deserves it's own Abject Suffering episode. :allears:

(I guess the problem there is actually finding one, since it seems like the kind of system that has really terrible emulation.)

But one thing I do love about the virtual boy...take a look at that controller:

You can definitely see the groundwork laid for the N64 and Gamecube controllers.

And the dual d-pads is kind of interesting in the era before (good) analog sticks, since dual analog is the standard now.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
The real tricky part is finding one that works. Virtual Boys just die eventually.

Emulation is great if you have an Oculus Rift, although because of that wacky controller you have to remap the controls for every game you play in order to find something suitable.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Just finished the Hardware episode of WOFF and I gotta say, at the very end when you said something like,
"And now we'll talk about Nintendo's big gently caress-up" I thought for sure you'd get a brief mention in of the Virtual Boy.

Honestly just an oversight mixed with a lack of experience. I had a Virtual Boy in my late 20s that I played a couple of times but the screen was going bad so I didn't get much use out of it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
President Obama attending a demo with Asimo is going to make some amazing robot news for Idle Thumbs next week. :allears:

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Giantbomb Australia beef totally leaked into this weeks episode of Idle Thumbs via reader mail, and no one had a clue what was going on.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Optimus Subprime posted:

Giantbomb Australia beef totally leaked into this weeks episode of Idle Thumbs via reader mail, and no one had a clue what was going on.

I hope it just keeps spilling into other podcasts and escalating until Australia nukes itself.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

If you don't listen to the bombcast, here's some backround:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPPPeyflV5I

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

NmareBfly posted:

If you don't listen to the bombcast, here's some backround:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPPPeyflV5I

Thank you for the 50 minute video of background info for a joke.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

regulargonzalez posted:

Thank you for the 50 minute video of background info for a joke.

You're welcome.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dear WOFF,

gently caress AYERS ROCK

That is all.

Love,
Al

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Dear WOFF,

gently caress YES THE REPLACEMENTS!

Sorry for being an episode late, but I felt self-concious.

Sincerely,

A Fan

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Anyone else having trouble downloading the most recent Idle Thumbs (#155)? This is using the Podkicker app on Android.

Dadjacket
Jul 23, 2004

HIPSTER PITCHFORK CARDIGAN SCARF
Bob Mackey I love you forever but sometimes I feel like the episodes of Retronauts that you host are solo casts because you keep to such a tight schedule and have so much information to get out yourself! You can relax and go off topic sometimes!

Love always, Mandy.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

C-Euro posted:

Anyone else having trouble downloading the most recent Idle Thumbs (#155)? This is using the Podkicker app on Android.

Worked fine for me with Pocket Casts. I had trouble before using the free version of Podkicker where it dropped a few of my subscriptions and stopped updating them automatically, which is why I switched over to Pocket Casts in the first place. It's worth the 4 bux.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

C-Euro posted:

Worked fine for me with Podcast Addict

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Dadjacket posted:

Bob Mackey I love you forever but sometimes I feel like the episodes of Retronauts that you host are solo casts because you keep to such a tight schedule and have so much information to get out yourself! You can relax and go off topic sometimes!

Love always, Mandy.

I was weirded out the other day when I was at the gym. I was listening to Retronauts and then reading one of his posts in D&D.

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -

C-Euro posted:

Yeah, I tried earlier today and BeyondPod (on Android) couldn't get it. I don't know if it was a temporary problem though.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I was able to get it on Podkicker this morning.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
It gave me hell this morning but I was able to get it to go a bit later.

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

The download link was broken for a couple hours. Sorry about that.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

umalt posted:

Dear WOFF,

Sorry for being an episode late, but I felt self-concious.

Sincerely,

A Fan

Haha, yeah. That Replacements song is my favorite from Rock Band 2. I immediately jumped on the opportunity to include it in an episode.

What is Ayers Rock, Al!?

Sincerely,
Kole

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Song For The Deaf posted:

Haha, yeah. That Replacements song is my favorite from Rock Band 2. I immediately jumped on the opportunity to include it in an episode.

What is Ayers Rock, Al!?

Sincerely,
Kole

Alex Chilton is some top shelf Replacements, so I'm actually pretty surprised it was in any kind or Rock Band game.

also: Uluru

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Kids don't follow was also a good rock band (dlc) song. Rock Band owns.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Dadjacket posted:

Love always, Mandy.

Sorry but I have all of these words and all of this coffee!

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Woffle posted:

On Craigslist I'm finding closer to 40 bucks. Then again, I'm risking a scenario where I'm forced to earn "dungeonbucks" by doing oddjobs in some sort of dungeon.

I tried to get rid of my old Rock Band stuff on Craig's List years ago by listing it as free to a good home. I got no responses...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

AllisonByProxy posted:

I tried to get rid of my old Rock Band stuff on Craig's List years ago by listing it as free to a good home. I got no responses...

If you have a good home you sure ain't reading craigslist.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

umalt posted:

The Replacements are one of my favorite bands. Also, the story of Alex Chilton is super loving sad.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Even Rats was probably my favorite Guitar Hero track. Well, ok maybe not favorite of them all but definitely my fav bonus/indie song.

Hey, you guys should totally do a GH/RB episode. I know you joked about it in the Hardware episode but for sure it needs to happen.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
That episode would just be "hey remember that song... that song was awesome...."

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

It would be a backdoor pilot for a "talkin' 'bout music" 'cast.

Relevant to Thumbs chat, I managed to work "An ancient evil has awakened" into a script that I wrote for a video at my day job. It totally got into the final product. The little games we play.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Song For The Deaf posted:

It would be a backdoor pilot for a "talkin' 'bout music" 'cast.

Relevant to Thumbs chat, I managed to work "An ancient evil has awakened" into a script that I wrote for a video at my day job. It totally got into the final product. The little games we play.

Sounds like a super interesting script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

It really isn't.

• Locked thread