Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

To be fair, their recent sniper sculpts are generally fairly plain because the older ones are loving diabolically busy and poo poo.

The Intruder sculpt lucked out on being bad rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Pierzak posted:

Aaaand the missing April release:

Kinda bland, but functional. I've learned not to expect anything awesome from Tohaa snipers anyway.

Why didn't they give the viral weapon army viral sniper rifles? I can understand not giving it to the Gao-rael, but not the Clipsos. They are only BS11 and cannot link.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Not bad, but not great either. I'm partial because I really like the look of hoods and cloaks on futuristic models.

That, and sniper models can get really silly as sculptors try to get away from the usual "soldier taking aim" pose. So when they don't come out looking like they are winding up a fastball or doing ninja stuff, I'm a happy guy.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Would make an excellent Doctor Doom though

Then you just have to get a Senor Deadpool

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Those blue gun barrels still annoy the gently caress out of me. You'd think I'd have gotten over it by now, but no.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Heh, the model kind of reminds me of an old lady in her house coat stepping out onto her porch with a shotgun. "Whudaya doin' on my property?"

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Is there a schedule for whatever this is (model resculpts/new models)? Or should I go buy my Aleph (!) this week?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Generally you can expect new models to hit the stores in about a month. At least in Europe, if you're in another continent it might take a bit longer.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
I've been playing a bunch of games with a bunch of fancy new terrain I picked up from Systema, and while the terrain is great, I've been having issues with table design. If people could post pictures of tables they've played on that they think are really well laid out, or throw up some diagrams or MS Paints or something, that'd rule, since I think that's a lot of what's missing in terms of taking real advantage of my shiny new toys.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Some pointers that I've picked up:

- Don't balance the board. Give one side/end of the board a bit of an advantage in terms of high buildings or special features, in order to make going second an attractive option

- More is better. If you think you've got enough terrain, you probably haven't. Be very wary about creating open spaces that are greater than 8 inches wide/long - I usually drop a pile of crates or something in the middle of an open space, so it doesn't have to be a lot of stuff

- I always find tables more engaging to play on if they are built with a theme in mind. I try to make the layout of my things feel like they could be a real settlement/colony/industrial works

- Try to include varying kinds of terrain - it can be interesting to include Low or Zero-vis zones as well as just LOS-blocking pieces. It's also handy from a gameplay perspective to rule outright what each terrain piece counts as. In my games with Genghis Cohen we've tended to rule that the interior of buildings are always Low-vis zones for example

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Can someone TLDR to me the 21 page base size+ on the forum, why has it gone on for 21 loving pages? you don't HAVE to rebase your stuff.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Here you go:

:v: - We're changing bases to 55mm, here's some list
:qq: - What about scenic bases?
:qq: - My remotes/bikes won't fit my terrain!
:qq: - But what about werewolves/weird remotes/scenic bases not mentioned/silly stuff that totally should be on the list!!1
:qq: - Now I have to rebase all my beautifully painted models!!
:v: - Err guys, this is not mandatory, ITS won't require it neither this season or following [sic]
:qq: - Well you should've said that earlier you troll!
:qq: - That's even worse, waah waah rule inconsistency, you should've enforced it with an iron fist!
:qq: - You should state base size in the stats like other games do!
:qq: - You said this or following season, but what about 2016?
:v: - OK guys, calm down, first: full info on how new bases work in a PDF in a few days, second: rebasing won't be mandatory ever.
:haw: - Wanna buy some acrylic base extenders for 40->55 mm?
:qq: - Waah waah waah &c.
:v: - *locks thread* See ya when the PDF hits and you have something to talk about.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oh right the forums are retarded. I had forgotten this fact.

Cheers bud.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Oh wait, new bases are a thing? Is this true for all models or just certain ones?

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Certain models, mostly those with base extensions, more details soon.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Baron Snow posted:

Certain models, mostly those with base extensions, more details soon.

Ah OK; I'd already invested in some Dragonforge bases for my Ariadnans and was concerned that I'd need to replace them all.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

JURISDICTIONAL COMMAND OF CORREGIDOR
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10 0 0

IGUANA HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 73)
IGUANA OPERATOR HMG / Pistol, Knife.
WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT (Number 2) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (20)
WILDCAT Boarding Shotgun, Flash Grenades, Deployable Repeater / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 25)
WILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 44)
HELLCAT Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
HELLCAT Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (28)
TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges + 1 Zondcat / Pistol, Knife. (28)
ZONDCAT Electric Pulse.

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

Playing a game tomorrow with a bud as he moves up to 300pts. This is the list I'm planning to take against him and I don't think it looks too bad to play against. Our group is moving to 250pts at the moment and I'm planning to introduce them to ITS scenarios because of how fun and different they make Infinity compared to YAMs and custom scenarios.

I did have a list with Kowalsky earlier but it was at 301pts and that sucks.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
How are you gonna handle 3 AD troops? I've seen you include them before, how does mass AD work in practice?

And speaking of lists, here's my Shasvastii for a large ITS tournament this weekend. Two lists, 5 battles, IIRC Annihilation is out.

First, the "objective list". This is the core of the first list, I don't think I'll change this unless I get a good idea why:

SHASVASTII EXPEDITIONARY FORCE

GROUP 1 6 0 0

ASWANG Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (25)
TREITAK (WIP15, Doctor, Holoprojector L1, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (16 | 12XP)
SPECULO KILLER Combi Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (1 | 39)
SHROUDED (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (27)
SHROUDED (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (27)
MALIGNOS MULTI Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 47)

2.5 SWC | 181 Points

Open with Army 4

Now the extras:

Variant A:

MALIGNOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (40)
CALIBAN Feuerbach / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 32)
CALIBAN Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (23)
CALIBAN Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (23)

Basic Caliban link in case I need heavier firepower (or Lifeblood crate destruction), pity I can't afford an Engineer in them.

Variant B:

MALIGNOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (40)
CALIBAN Feuerbach / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 32)
Q-DRONE HMG, Antipersonnel Mines / Electric Pulse. (1 | 29)
IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (9)
Group 2:
IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (9)

Caliban and a Q-Drone - offensive and defensive power, plus Ikadrons for guarding DZ

Variant C:

MALIGNOS Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun, Monofilament Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 43)
R-DRONE Electric Pulse. (8)
Group 2:
SEED-SOLDIER (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (17)
SEED-SOLDIER (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (17)
SEED-SOLDIER Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 15)

Basic in group 1 (it's got enough order hogs as is), but includes a Seed link in group 2 (will be hidden under a single marker and advance and grab the nearest console/set up flash pulse ARO in turn 2). Not convinced how effective they'll be, but it might be worth a try.

Second list, "assault" - for Frontline/Quadrant Control:

SHASVASTII EXPEDITIONARY FORCE

GROUP 1 10 0 0

ASWANG Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (25)
SHESKIIN MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, DA CCW. (47)
GWAILO (X Visor) Heavy Rocket launcher / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 36)
GWAILO Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 31)
GWAILO Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 36)
GWAILO Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (24)
TREITAK (WIP15, Doctor, Holoprojector L1, Engineer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (16 | 12XP)
SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (3)
Q-DRONE HMG, Monofilament Mines / Electric Pulse. (1 | 35)
Q-DRONE HMG, Antipersonnel Mines / Electric Pulse. (1 | 29)

GROUP 2 1 0 0

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

Very weird as Shasvastii go (almost no camo). I might replace both Ikadrons, slave, and the second Q with two minelayer Shrouded because gently caress you that's why (also mines). Good idea? Bad idea? Is losing a reaction drone worth it in this scenario?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Bit of an odd question but does anyone know how I can get the model on the far right of this picture? I think it's a Galwegian but it doesn't look like she's in any of the boxes or blisters available.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Kegslayer posted:

Bit of an odd question but does anyone know how I can get the model on the far right of this picture? I think it's a Galwegian but it doesn't look like she's in any of the boxes or blisters available.

Pretty certain that's the same dude that's second from the left.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Kegslayer posted:

Looks like an arm switch on the same guy second from the left.

e:f,b

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Signal posted:

Pretty certain that's the same dude that's second from the left.

There's another picture here and the model looks different to what's in the box. Is it just something that's been customised or is it actually a different model? I don't think there's a blister for the box set or any OOP models right?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
It's the same model with a different weapon, the box has 4 full models and a spare set of shotgun arms. There's an OOP blister of 2 models that's worth hunting down if you want mass Galwegians (or another chain rifle model), but it's a different thing.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Apr 24, 2014

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hi Pz, am on phone but typically it depends on my match up. If the game looks like it will accelerate early I'll drop them turn k
one, if not, turn two at the latest. I find the link teams order efficiency and the TAG speed helps offset the slow start, especially in Correg.

Am playing now and I deployed them all turn two at the start to abuse my buddies positioning and force him to spend the first part of the turn dealing with the suppressing fire points I made. I wouldn't use these types of list in ITS now I don't think, they are too risky.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Pierzak posted:

It's the same model with a different weapon, the box has 4 full models and a spare set of shotgun arms. There's an OOP blister of 2 models that's worth hunting down if you want mass Galwegians, but it;s a different thing.

Thanks heaps! I've been meaning to get back into painting and a lot of the Infinity stuff is just too good to resist.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Off I go to the huge tournament. Wish me luck.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Pierzak posted:

Off I go to the huge tournament. Wish me luck.

May your opponents not have any Muttuiahs.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Apr 26, 2014

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
So let me tell you about how Infinity is such a fun game, you need only a few models to play! Like my Nomads, for instance....

Emm. Well, that's not representative! Look at my ALEPH, it's a new faction with fewer models so...

(Not pictured: the Marut and two more Thorakitai and myrmidons)

....somebody stop me. Or buy me the Tohaa starter. That's good too.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
That's a tiny amount of models by the standard of basically any other game :v:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

JerryLee posted:

That's a tiny amount of models by the standard of basically any other game :v:

As a Tyranid player I can second this. In medium sized games of 40k you won't have less than 50-60 models on your half of the table. Infinity is tiny in comparison.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
The only thing embarrassing about those pictures is the lack of basing. :colbert:

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
A teaser trailer has gone up for a 3rd Edition release sometime this year.

Beasts of War: http://www.beastsofwar.com/infinity/3rd-edition-teaser/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IQIKpcKs40

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I'm really curious to see if standardize core book HMGs (IE - Replace them with spitfires on most platforms)

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
They have different range brackets and damage, and some HMGs have different ammo types. They seem different enough to remain different types of weapon.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
As for actually replacing LI HMGs...

Remember the shitstorm when Ko Dali was removed from Yu Jing, even if very few people actually used her and her AD:X? Imagine that with an actually very useful model, multiplied by their number :munch:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Ripley posted:

A teaser trailer has gone up for a 3rd Edition release sometime this year.

Beasts of War: http://www.beastsofwar.com/infinity/3rd-edition-teaser/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IQIKpcKs40

I guess any mention of which month are just pure speculation at this point?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

I guess any mention of which month are just pure speculation at this point?

Probably soon, if next month's releases are any indication, we're getting new units:
Santiago Knight box
Kazak Specnaz sniper (new unit)
Interventor + Fast Panda box (new unit, G: Servant/Synchronized? with repeater)
Raiden HRL
Agema sniper

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I wonder if they plan on changing multirifles and make them a bit less bland. Maybe making AP ammo also halve cover ARM, or making it able to fire K1 ammo?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Yeah, I hope they buff some of the less-appealing options that were clearly intended to be stronger than they are (based on their cost) like multirifles. They'll get massive complaints if they nerf or remove anything, but buffs (unless they're crazy insane) don't generate the same backlash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Yes, they plan to adjust some things, Bostria said it'd be like the change from 1ed to 2ed, maybe even smaller.
They already said they'd rebalance shotguns, so I think a multi weapon tweak is likely.

• Locked thread