Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Use a goddamn loving roller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Even post-code, I'm pretty sure at one point in time early on in The Sound of Music, Mother Superior calls Maria a pretty nasty name.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I'm a contractor and I've setup ladders in that same exact way to cut paint in hallway ceilings. That task could be done differently, for sure, but not faster and with very little additional benefit. Getting over the railing and on that ladder is the only thing he has to worry about. The ladder itself will not move unless the railing or the wall fall down first.

For those who want to know how to make that process safer, lay an extension ladder across the opening, one end resting on top step and another on opposite side of that landing. It'll keep you from falling down and could be used as a walking platform if needed.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'm a painter and I would use a brush on a pole to cut in, just takes a steady hand.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I'm hilariously inept at home repairs and would just hire Snowy to do it.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

6675636b20796f75 posted:

Almost every paint roller I have used has threads on the bottom that will fit just about any broom handle out there.

I don't see how that's relevant.

What they're using is a ladder.

edit: All you ever really need is the buddy system.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i wanna get me some of that free gas!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Rhyno posted:

This ceiling tile stain looked a bit like Beavis to me.

My mind went to

and whoever's stain that is should feel blessed.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Nitrox posted:

I'm a contractor and I've setup ladders in that same exact way to cut paint in hallway ceilings. That task could be done differently, for sure, but not faster and with very little additional benefit. Getting over the railing and on that ladder is the only thing he has to worry about. The ladder itself will not move unless the railing or the wall fall down first.

For those who want to know how to make that process safer, lay an extension ladder across the opening, one end resting on top step and another on opposite side of that landing. It'll keep you from falling down and could be used as a walking platform if needed.

Wait, you don't have ladder levellers?

Or even adjustable ladders?

Because any of these things comes across as a hell of a lot safer to be using day in day out.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

kinmik posted:

My husband actually figured out that part is supposed to be read as the NANANANANANA before the BATMAAAAN BAPMAAAAN.

mrkillboy posted:

If that's intentional, honestly it's kind of brilliant.

Holy poo poo, Ive woken up in Stupidsylvania

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

Caufman posted:

I don't see how that's relevant.

What they're using is a ladder.

edit: All you ever really need is the buddy system.

There are two things about this picture that stick out for me. The pay phone from pac bell and the fact that gas it less than a dollar per gallon for every type. I miss those days.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Gorilla Salad posted:

Because any of these things comes across as a hell of a lot safer to be using day in day out.
I have most of those. But sometimes it's not worth the time it takes to load it on a truck, carry into the house and then setup just to cut in 4-5' of ceiling corner that's our of reach. Not to mention that in a narrow stairwell, extension ladder on lower steps, creates a very very sharp angle.

I also have an extendable platform that allows me to turn that stair opening into a solid surface. Then I can just stand on a short step ladder or stilts. But it spends most of it's time in the garage, next to 14' a-frame, 42' extension and other oddball poo poo, while me and my guys do what you see in the above picture.

Snowy posted:

I'm a painter and I would use a brush on a pole to cut in, just takes a steady hand.
Good job! That takes skill and experience.

Nitrox has a new favorite as of 07:39 on Apr 26, 2014

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
loving hell those pictures really poo poo me up. I think I have a legitimate phobia of badly put up ladders.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Jippa posted:

loving hell those pictures really poo poo me up. I think I have a legitimate phobia of badly put up ladders.

So, you have a problem with dangerous situations, like 99% of humanity.

Great job.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
There is some thing oddly specific about it though. I can watch videos of car accidents and other dangerous situations and it doesn't have the same reaction.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I walk by this place every time I visit my buddy and every time I forget it's there and do a double take.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

6675636b20796f75 posted:

What's the story on this?

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

FadedReality posted:

What's the story on this?

Its Janice and Kevin on their 5 year anniversary.

Kevin committed sudoku 3 days later.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

6675636b20796f75 posted:

I love how obvious it is what happened since all the beer rushes onto the girl's jacket.

The guy just threw his glass into hers way too loving hard and there may have been a little crack in his glass so it just exploded.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
The mugs could have been just taken out of a freezer, making them a bit too brittle for an enthusiastic toast (and they've already pounded down one each before the food got there, it looks like.)

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I haven't worn watches in ages, but now I'm considering doing so again....

http://www.perpetualkid.com/ministry-of-silly-walks-watch.aspx

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

mcbexx posted:

I haven't worn watches in ages, but now I'm considering doing so again....

http://www.perpetualkid.com/ministry-of-silly-walks-watch.aspx

It's out of stock, you bastard.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Seems legit

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

It's out of stock, you bastard.

Amazon has them in-stock.

DividesByZero
Jan 24, 2006
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler

My Lovely Horse posted:

I walk by this place every time I visit my buddy and every time I forget it's there and do a double take.

Got my laptop keyboard fixed here. What up, Berlin buddy.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Gorilla Salad posted:

THE LITTLE GIANT IS THE DEVIL. DO NOT TRUST THE LITTLE GIANT.

That piece of poo poo is the only ladder that has ever dumped me in my life, and it did so twice.

Centripetal Horse has a new favorite as of 10:56 on Apr 26, 2014

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

6675636b20796f75 posted:

That guy's not even surprised. He obviously did that intentionally to impress his date.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Phlegmish posted:

That guy's not even surprised. He obviously did that intentionally to impress his date.

That's one way to get her out of her clothes. :quagmire:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Bapman? pfft.

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

It's a personal pineapple

Phanatic posted:

Jurassic Bark, dammit.

WastedJoker posted:

Jurassic Bark ffs

I saw the picture posted on an article about new pictures from Jurassic World, so I thought I'd take this stale rear end joke and make it more relevant

you god damned nerds

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rapman the Cook posted:

Its Janice and Kevin on their 5 year anniversary.

Kevin committed sudoku 3 days later.

He finally finished one? Good for him. Sudoku is tough.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So it's come to this.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

So it's come to this.

Yep, these days you go out and act as a good samaritan and get labeled as a squirrel molester.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

What was he going to do to help it.? Unless he means 'help it'.

:tinfoil: YouTube is always watching...

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Bombadilillo posted:

What was he going to do to help it.? Unless he means 'help it'.

:tinfoil: YouTube is always watching...

Thinking of it this way makes it more sensible, but less funny. I can see not wanting to be immortalized on the internet as the guy who smashed an injured squirrel's head with a rock.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I assumed it meant he intended to go try to catch the squirrel to bring it somewhere for help, and didn't want to be immortalized as the guy chasing the foamy-mouthed squirrel around in circles.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Being laughed at without malice is truly a horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Gorilla Salad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRvEsonVXWA

:j: He's moving, he's ok!

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf-5VVCnF0c

:v: I didn't have it locked!

Etc.

• Locked thread