Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Piell posted:

Summary of the livestream
Able to craft your own specter for solar rail defenses
Will have to run low level/rescue missions to get parts for specters

Is this in already? I popped on for a bit to grab the potato alert and people were asking to get in on Specter farming runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Is this in already? I popped on for a bit to grab the potato alert and people were asking to get in on Specter farming runs.

That's because specters drop the new stance mod.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Oh I see. New Nikana stance? Yeah, after the pubbie feeding frenzy of Tranquil Cleave, I can see why people would want in on that.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
PC Vauban helmet alert, grab it while you can.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there will be a huge market in selling the new katana stance at horribly inflated prices to dumb pubbies. Tranquil cleave is much harder to obtain, and the katanas are no longer the hot new thing.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Heads up if you've been using a controller (even just for melee builds like I have) the new update won't let you do combos: there's no bind for it on the controller layout

So I guess it's back to hammering on my keyboard :/

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Yep DE added a separate melee attack button for when you have your melee equipped and forgot to add an entry in gamepad controls.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

sleeptalker posted:

Yep DE added a separate melee attack button for when you have your melee equipped and forgot to add an entry in gamepad controls.
Until they hotfix it, you may be able to work around this by opening EE.cfg in %appdata%\Local\Warframe and adding an appropriate entry under the MELEE_SWING section.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I don't know how they're going to implement Tenno ships but if they make the ship customizable and you can visit it at any time ala Dojo ala your own private quarters and it has an area where all your weapons are stored, I'm all over it. It would make a nice background for your frame to hang out instead of just sitting on the star map. Hell, would also be awesome if you could invite party members to come on board before you pick a mission from the cockpit.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If they had a display area for weapons/frames and maybe a craftable robot pet made entirely from nanospores (GET TO IT DE) I would be all over it. If it is just some transition area that you can maybe add decorations to or recolor I'll do the bare minimum to make it functional.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

sleeptalker posted:

Huh news to me? I've been doing my scythe kicking just fine using the controller.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

They just did it today.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I've installed Warframe yesterday and it looks really nice. Just a quick question: are the various frames gender specific? I've read through the OP before starting, and I've selected a Mag as my starter frame cause it sounded the most fun...but as far as graphics go, I don't really like the female warframe aesthetic (I kinda preferred the bulkier Excalibur you use during the Tutorial, even if Mag's helmet is really nice). Is there a way to change a Warframe's body type?

NINJA EDIT: also, I've read the first few pages of the thread before moving to the last ones; has Pull been nerfed, in the end? I've played just 3 quick missions yesterday and it still looks really strong (and fun).

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Each frame has one body, yeah. You kind of get used to it.

Pull is pretty strong! It has good range (basically a big cone) and while the damage becomes less useful in late game it still really cheaply ragdolls poo poo.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Every now and then the question gets posed to DE on the possibility of male/female models for all the frames, but it's not something they seem terribly interested in doing. If it really bugs you it's not like there aren't a plethora of other frames to choose from these days.

And yeah, Pull is still great. It's had a couple small tweaks since I initially wrote the OP, but nothing that really impacts its usefulness and everything in the OP still applies.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Male frames are male frames, female frames are female frames, there's no weight slider or anything to alter their shape significantly. Customization pretty much consists of helmets, recolors, and addon livery bits. Excalibur has a Protosuit alt model, but it's a limited edition thing.

Pull has been nerfed in the sense that it's no longer at the peak of gently caress mountain, but it's still pretty good.
Some context:
Pull used to be single target. That's right, just one target. Emphasis target. You had to aim it. It could rip the shields out of a shield lancer's hands, but who cares? Mag was considered pretty terrible for a long time.
DE announces Mag Prime, and shortly before that's released, they do an update on Mag's powers.
Suddenly pull has no target limit and a massive AOE cone that doesn't need line of sight and does a ton of damage.
It's been toned down somewhat since then - it generally can't go through walls, not sure if they did anything to its damage.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Iirc, Pull used to ignore armor before damage 2.0, which in those times made it extremely good. With max efficiency you could just spam it constantly, keeping everybody everywhere on the ground at all times until it killed them.

After damage 2.0, the base damage may be the same (I haven't checked), but it took a big hit in effective damage now that nothing ignores armor. It's pretty hard to kill high-level things with it now, but it's still a cheap and good CC ability. Mag is a good frame.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Pull does Magnetic damage now. It's loving awful vs grineer, but hell everything is because Armor still loving exists.

edit: The game died when Seimeni came out of armistice. This is the worst system in the world.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Apr 26, 2014

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

wid posted:

I don't know how they're going to implement Tenno ships but if they make the ship customizable and you can visit it at any time ala Dojo ala your own private quarters and it has an area where all your weapons are stored, I'm all over it. It would make a nice background for your frame to hang out instead of just sitting on the star map. Hell, would also be awesome if you could invite party members to come on board before you pick a mission from the cockpit.

Just expect the ship to not do a whole lot for months.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Carecat posted:

Just expect the ship to not do a whole lot for months.
What happened to our loving ninja dogs?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Pushed back to Update 14.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I hope we're allowed to give them names :3:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
All aboard the hot pink party boat! :gay:

If they don't let me customize my ship and also show it off I am going to be very disappointed.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Updates take two months so we won't see these 90% finished dogs until early June :cry:

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Do we really need ninja dogs?

I'd be more than happy keeping one of the many hacked moas I run with as a pet. I even named him Gary.

Sometimes I have many troubles keeping the Gary Horde alive, and it breaks my heart every time I leave one at an elevator.

Always get a real strong "Go! I'll hold them off!" feeling from it.

There but for the grace of god goes Gary. :australia:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
How long has the Tower Defense map had pathing problems with the mobs where they'll just hang out far away from the pod forever? That's what I'd rather DE spend their resources on vs adding new types of weapons and missions and whatnot (I know, there isn't 100% overlap in employees doing that stuff).

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

hooah posted:

How long has the Tower Defense map had pathing problems with the mobs where they'll just hang out far away from the pod forever? That's what I'd rather DE spend their resources on vs adding new types of weapons and missions and whatnot (I know, there isn't 100% overlap in employees doing that stuff).

This has been a god-send while soloing so I'm not complaining.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Are Blueprints one time use or permanent? I think I've got lucky, got a catalyst bp out of an alert mission while lvl2 on my Mag :black101: Still, I probably won't have the necessary mats for a long time...

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

That Italian Guy posted:

Are Blueprints one time use or permanent? I think I've got lucky, got a catalyst bp out of an alert mission while lvl2 on my Mag :black101: Still, I probably won't have the necessary mats for a long time...

Most BPs are consumed upon use. The primary exceptions are consumable utility items, such as ammo or energy restorers, and Orokin Derelict/Dragon Keys (something your shouldn't worry about for a little while).

As for the lack of materials, there are always plenty of Goons on and willing to help newbies. You could probably find somebody who will be happy to carry you through a few missions so that you can gather up the necessary materials for your new tater.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

That Italian Guy posted:

Catalyst and Reactor BP's aren't reusable. Most aren't, only a specific few are.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I guess I'm going to craft the new gimmick gun, I'm having fun with status weapons again anyway. But drat, three crystals, those things never drop for me it seems. Not surprised the dogs got pushed back, DElay more.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

McGiggins posted:

Do we really need ninja dogs?

I'd be more than happy keeping one of the many hacked moas I run with as a pet. I even named him Gary.

Sometimes I have many troubles keeping the Gary Horde alive, and it breaks my heart every time I leave one at an elevator.

Always get a real strong "Go! I'll hold them off!" feeling from it.

There but for the grace of god goes Gary. :australia:

This is awesome.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Croccers posted:

What happened to our loving ninja dogs?

They are invisible but always by your side.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah verdict's in, the new gun is 50k for the blueprint and uses 3 argon crystals. Thanks DE, just keep forcibly shoving in things that use your new poo poo resource :argh:

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Piell posted:

Summary of the livestream
remove play bindings customizable
Wait, what? Does this butchered English mean they are removing our ability to customize our controller layout on the PS4? This is loving bullshit!

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
remote play customizable bindings. The remoteplay bindings sucked so they're making them customizable.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Oh OK. Typo then, that makes more sense.

Musclebabe
Jun 24, 2008

I want your slide trombone in my brass section
BarkingSquirrel and I had an amazing series of events with pubbies and the hyenas. Details to follow...

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Musclebabe posted:

BarkingSquirrel and I had an amazing series of events with pubbies and the hyenas. Details to follow...
Okay I just want to state first, the loving pubbies started it.

The video starts with me loving with the elevators. Everyone is a target with elevators. NEVER let me get to an elevator before you. When we got to the Hyena room we decided to let the pubbies run in alone and get murdered. One of the pubbies didn't quite want to go in so I... Gently nudged him with a Wormhole and he apparently died on impact. The flaw with our plan though? Lowpartz/Musclebabe standing there with the door open. Consequences? One of them escapes without him noticing and gets into the closet with me. Cue a panicked knife fight punctuated by screams of "Get the gently caress in here Lowpartz!" followed by him in fact NOT getting in there until the dust had settled. One kill to my name.

Laughing our asses off as the pubbies repeadily get murdered recommences... Until I see a puff of black smoke and get thrown across the room by nothing. Literally nothing, its caught on video. As I'm getting up I get invisibly hit again and get teleported 200ft into the boss room where I feel the pubbies pain and am dead before I can tell where I am. Cue MORE panicked screaming for Lowpartz to get in here and help. In the mean time I drop two more hyenas with my Detron as I'm bleeding out, 3 kills to my name.

Now here's the thing, we thought the pubbies had managed to kill one. We saw a large xp number through the door earlier so surely they killed one. Nope. This discovery is in the video but luckily my Boltor Prime was in my hands at that point so he got put to sleep rather quickly.

So after this entire shenanigans turned nightmare, all the pubbies managed to do was die and all Lowpartz managed to do was laugh at my screams for help. We're not friends anymore Lowpartz :argh:

Here's the video from Lowpartz's perspective. Mine was hosed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSLXRI8YXjo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
Warframe diary entry #1, April 27.

This Sunday some new goon by the name of Edward-something was asking in chat if anyone was doing anything.

I was running a T2 defense solo and invited him over. Low level braton and an excal. Oh, boy. He pushed one of those lasers and almost killed me. So, I told him to avoid doing 1 to 128, and that he would be better off refraining from doing anything.

He translated all that in hiding behind the objective and patiently waiting until everything was dead, then run and collect drops. Rinse and repeat for 20 waves.

Then I decided I wanted to do an invasion on Ceres. I grabbed another goon, Uttrik (I totally bonked his ign, please forgive me).

He was playing a Nekros, doing god's work and spreading the teaching of Jesus. I think we had 6 orokin cells drops in our first 3 games.

Then, lo and behold, the stooges show up. In typical fashion, my guys panic. I used to panic a lot before I got my rear end whopped for a hundred loving times. Then, I learned the pattern, how many times the screen flashes, where they spawn, how lovely the AI actually is, and how op Nova is as long as it keeps distance and spams bubbles and mprime.

I tell them to stop loving about and just follow me in some open area filled with corpus.

I prime the stooges the gently caress up. 5 seconds later they are all dead, mowed down by corpus techs and elites. I did not fire at them, since I was busy scanning. I guess those corpus are good at something.

The Nekros dude pulled both the barrel and the receiver out of their rear end. Good times.

So we decided to go ahead and do a brakk farm. I had the BP already, but they did not. So, it was only fair to keep at it.

Next game, on Ceres defense, Stalker pops at Edward. The dude was trying to figure out how to use the elevator, and the Stalker was trying to figure out how to come at him. Stalker got popped with no casualties, and promptly dropped despair.

A bunch of goons joined us on and off. They left disappointed after a couple of games, because they were not getting poo poo (actually, they did not have the patience to get poo poo).

We then did some Ceres survival runs, enough to cook two vek keys out of it, and collect 10 more orokin and assorted rare mods.

We then moved to Cambria, doing 5 minute runs. The Stooges came at us again. They dropped the BP this time. Tranquil cleave also dropped during these runs.

In three hours, thanks to the unnamed war hero, Edward, I collected stuff I failed to come across in weeks: Brakk and Despair. As bonus, 2 vek keys, 20 orokin cells, a bunch of rare mods, and a tranquil cleave.

This was possibly the most exciting, and longest farm run I had yet.

If you see a dude named Edward, get him in, and go farm whatever. The man is like a rabbit's foot.

Bottom line is new players are best players.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 28, 2014