Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

TheRationalRedditor posted:

that was definitely the way to handle jocktobering, the only time they slipped up and became hateable is when one of them lapsed into the bitch-rear end "i guess they don't have anything better to do! HYUCK HYUCK" cop-out defense frequently employed exclusively by people who are getting fully stomped out with no recourse.

Still not as bad as Opie crying about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.dennisfalcone.com

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lmao, perfect

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ochowie posted:

I was prepping myself for Ant's response to Cliven Bundy and holy poo poo did he not disappoint. His claim was that it was Bundy's presentation rather than idea that was the problem. Also that he was taken out of context.

A friend of mine who still listens to them directed me to Anthony's twitter timeline where he's nicely discussing Donald Sterling's racist comments. There is literally no difference between him and (name any white nationalist).

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOWEYfh4nLg

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

mcmagic posted:

A friend of mine who still listens to them directed me to Anthony's twitter timeline where he's nicely discussing Donald Sterling's racist comments. There is literally no difference between him and (name any white nationalist).
Jimmy's defending him too. Tomorrow's show should be pretty much unlistenable.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jimmy is trying to bring the NSA into it like there's any comparison. He should stick to tranny jokes.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

UncleMonkey posted:

Jimmy's defending him too. Tomorrow's show should be pretty much unlistenable.

Jim Norton posted:

Everyone calling for action against Donald Sterling, please release tapes of your private conversations immediately. Oh, that's right...

Doesn't everybody worry about being associated with the blacks in private? Oh, that's right...not everybody is a racist shitheel.

Oh wait, Jimmy's actually defending his right to be a terrible shitheel in private. And people should really be offended that somebody secretly taped the guy being a racist shitheel. It's just like the NSA, you hypocrites!

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 27, 2014

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Doesn't everybody worry about being associated with the blacks in private? Oh, that's right...not everybody is a racist shitheel.

Oh wait, Jimmy's actually defending his right to be a terrible shitheel in private. And people should really be offended that somebody secretly taped the guy being a racist shitheel. It's just like the NSA, you hypocrites!

People should have the right to be a shitheel in private unless people want an Orwellian society.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Droopy Goines posted:

People should have the right to be a shitheel in private unless people want an Orwellian society.

Eh, is it really any different than a sex tape or drunk voicemails leaking out? It's kind of goofy to expect there to be no consequences because you didn't intend for it to come out.

It gets even funnier since O&A are always the first to jump on things like that and even leaked a photo of Anthony Weiner out.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Droopy Goines posted:

Yes but Sterling has a long history of this poo poo, including seeming to treat them like he was a slave owner. Players have complained about him in the past bringing women into the locker room while they were showering and telling then to admire their black bodies. And he hasn't just made horribly racist statement in his own home, he's frequently done so in other settings including in front of David Stern. A man with his history has no business being an NBA owner. Check out the sheer number of incidents Deadspin as accumulated. It's indefensible.

This really isn't about free speech. But Jimmy will just say we deserve the NSA and Ant will say he's a victim of grave injustice because he can't scream about niggers without being fired. It's insane.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Call Me Charlie posted:

Eh, is it really any different than a sex tape or drunk voicemails leaking out? It's kind of goofy to expect there to be no consequences because you didn't intend for it to come out.

It gets even funnier since O&A are always the first to jump on things like that and even leaked a photo of Anthony Weiner out.

Jimmy is definitely not consistent on this issue, butI don't like the "GOTCHA" mentality and people trying to get people in trouble for their opinions and viewpoints. It reminds me too much of totalitarian societies where everyone rats out their neighbour and it kills honest discussions.

Also when race is involved the media narrative is even more obnoxious because they know these stories produce tons of clicks and views and everyone acts overly offended and disgusted because they want to prove that they are not racist to keep their job instead of being honest.

The media would act less outraged if he killed his trophy girlfriend.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Okay, but his opinion and viewpoint is that he doesn't want blacks around... and he owns an NBA team. He's the wrong man for that job and that's the heart of the issue. I wouldn't want somebody who hates the British to own a cricket team.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

Okay, but his opinion and viewpoint is that he doesn't want blacks around... and he owns an NBA team. He's the wrong man for that job and that's the heart of the issue. I wouldn't want somebody who hates the British to own a cricket team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_in_India :)

I agree that he's a shithead who really should be retired and playing golf or something, but anyone acting surprised and outraged that an 80 year old is racist is either fooling themselves or has never talked to an 80 year old before.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Droopy Goines posted:

Jimmy is definitely not consistent on this issue, butI don't like the "GOTCHA" mentality and people trying to get people in trouble for their opinions and viewpoints. It reminds me too much of totalitarian societies where everyone rats out their neighbour and it kills honest discussions.

Also when race is involved the media narrative is even more obnoxious because they know these stories produce tons of clicks and views and everyone acts overly offended and disgusted because they want to prove that they are not racist to keep their job instead of being honest.

The media would act less outraged if he killed his trophy girlfriend.

What's the honest discussion stemming from 'don't publicly associate yourself with black people'?

Don't get me wrong, I understand why the boys get mad at certain things but this kneejerk "GOTTA DEFEND HIM FREE SPEECH" bullshit is just as bad as the dumbbells trying to get Colbert fired for making a joke. Can't we look at each situation and go from there instead of buying into some stupid narrative?

(And I have to give Jimmy credit, I went back to listen to some of the Mel Gibson audio and he said the same 'well, hey, he didn't say it publicly and who doesn't yell on the phone' thing he's currently doing. Didn't stop them from doing five and a half hours on it but I guess his internal logic is semi consistent. - edit I forgot all about him actually defending Mel saying 'pack of wild niggers' because Mel was saying they were rapists.)

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 28, 2014

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Droopy Goines posted:

He does have the right to be a piece of poo poo in private. No one is going to put him in jail. What he doesn't have the right to is to own an NBA franchise.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Droopy Goines posted:

Racists always think everyone else is trying to prove they aren't racist. Non racists aren't trying to prove anything, just treat their fellow man as an equal.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Racists always think everyone else is trying to prove they aren't racist. Non racists aren't trying to prove anything, just treat their fellow man as an equal.

In the end, it all comes back to the sad 'Silent Majority' bullshit where people who hold abhorrent views secretly believe we all think that if the stigma around certain words were removed. Not only do they get to hold onto their beliefs without question, but they also get to feel all nice and victimized on top of it.

You know, I like the show. I like the guys, flaws and all, except for the goddamn racism thing. I don't even get Ant why they even bother discussing it because it falls into a black hole of hatred and ugly bigotry. This show is supposed to be fun and mean and disturbing, not a Klan rally of lazy radio. It's hard to believe we went from awesome radio of Lady Di's internship to this bullshit.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
It's funny to me that Opie has to lasso himself in with his kid talk because he's heard enough of the listeners don't like it and it doesn't translate to a large part of the audience. Yet we get to here Anthony go on and on and on about Obama, ACA, guns, and how racist things aren't actually racist because of..

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

T Fowl posted:

It's funny to me that Opie has to lasso himself in with his kid talk because he's heard enough of the listeners don't like it and it doesn't translate to a large part of the audience. Yet we get to here Anthony go on and on and on about Obama, ACA, guns, and how racist things aren't actually racist because of..

There's a chance that we non-racists are actually the minority in the show's listenership.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Also, Anthony has zero self awareness.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
This RACIST PROVERS BRIGADE schtick many posters in this thread seem to endlessly wallow in is exponentially less entertaining than even the show at its very worst, so maybe some of these people should just stop listening to it forever instead of pretending impotent internet forum outrage is a positive force.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I don't think I even have the energy to listen to O&A today. I mean I know what Ant and Jim's stance is, but just the way the present it makes it so repellent. They get so incredibly worked up that it's unpleasant to listen to. Hopefully Fez is still gone and Big Jay or Dan Soder will be on R&F again.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

This RACIST PROVERS BRIGADE schtick many posters in this thread seem to endlessly wallow in is exponentially less entertaining than even the show at its very worst, so maybe some of these people should just stop listening to it forever instead of pretending impotent internet forum outrage is a positive force.

Nobody's forcing you read the thread buddy.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Li'l Anthony wore Mommy's shoes!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I really want to skip the show to avoid all that but I also really want to hear humble and Fred.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Don't forget R&F is on vacation this week.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

therealjon_ posted:

Don't forget R&F is on vacation this week.

I put up the full Enema Jokeoff show from 2000 if you need something to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHz1dvxrdMs

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

A hundred times this. I see 30ish new posts this morning and think something interesting has happened.

Nope, it's the same few people who "only listen to R&F anymore" repeating the same shite about Ant being racist and Jim being a hypocrite once again.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

spudsbuckley posted:

A hundred times this. I see 30ish new posts this morning and think something interesting has happened.

Nope, it's the same few people who "only listen to R&F anymore" repeating the same shite about Ant being racist and Jim being a hypocrite once again.

If only we split the threads like originally suggested...

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I personally think people having different opinions is what makes this country great. Whatever country this may be.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
You're right, this thread has managed to become more stagnant than the Opie and Anthony Show.

Let's all give ourselves a round of applause.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
*Listens to white supremacist on the radio*

*Acts like the aggrieved party when people point out the racism*

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

spudsbuckley posted:

Sorry people discuss things in a discussion thread, you shitbird.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Cory Lidle posted:

It's not a discussion, it's the same boring rehash every other page.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Much like the Opie and Anthony/Ron and Fez show!

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Call Me Charlie posted:

If only we split the threads like originally suggested...

I still think we should do this...

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Cory Lidle posted:

I have no problem with people discussing whatever aspects of the show but this thread has the same people, most of whom don't listen anymore supposedly, making the same points over and over.

I'd also be for the two shows having separate threads even though I listen to both. The fanbases are completely different.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.

You've just outgrown the thread man, it's moved past you. The thread has evolved!

Birthday Cake fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Put the O&A thread on Stormfront.

• Locked thread