Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Charlene

'Cause I have a thing for cowgirls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.
Charlene, because firearms are always the best.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
Rashid! I assume we'll eventually have everyone anyway.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

your evil twin posted:

Rashid! I assume we'll eventually have everyone anyway.
The way it works is that you can have the main character, one mechanic, one soldier, and one dog in the party. No doubling up on mechanics/soldiers, as far as I know. But, we will be able to swap out our mechanic/soldier later. Anyone not in the party doesn't get any XP though, if I remember correctly.

Speaking of the party, I don't think that it's been mentioned that the tracks that show up on the loading screen change according to our party makeup. A set of tank tracks for each person in a tank, a set of footprints for anyone on foot, and a set of pawprints if we have a dog :3:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Tupperwarez posted:

A set of tank tracks for each person in a tank, a set of footprints for anyone on foot, and a set of pawprints if we have a dog :3:

Which is why I wanted to have ALL THE DOGS! :arghfist::saddowns:

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Charlene, because she;s toting around Snake Plisken's gun.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009
Knowing nothing about this game beyond what I've seen so far, I feel that a great failing of this game is not having the chance to get both the cowgirl and the swordsman in the party at the same time. You have to choose between two different versions of cool.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I want to know what sort of disaster lead to an apocalypse in which gun turrets sprout human legs and dogs sporting cannons. I may need to fire this game up again and get past the beginning.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Starhawk64 posted:

I want to know what sort of disaster lead to an apocalypse in which gun turrets sprout human legs and dogs sporting cannons. I may need to fire this game up again and get past the beginning.

Only the best apocalypse there ever could be!

Though it is missing cats. That would have made things better.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Starhawk64 posted:

The cause of the apocalypse is actually explained in the game manual's intro. In the game itself, you get bits and pieces from NPCs and events, but it's not really spelled out for the player until the 'endgame'. I'll leave it to Mors to dole out that information as the LP progresses.

xelada
Dec 21, 2012
I vote Cowgirl, after all, only a madman would run up to a tank and hit it with a sword.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

xelada posted:

I vote Cowgirl, after all, only a madman would run up to a tank and hit it with a sword.

When you're fighting tanks on legs you want a madman.

White-Devil
Aug 15, 2009
Charlene

For AMERICA!

burnaboy
Jun 2, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Changing my vote to Rashid. We need to go maximum crazy

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Charlene is the obvious choice.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Charline, by the manual's spelling.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Max is a ladies man, my vote goes to Charlene.

tofuwizard
Feb 22, 2013
Go for maximum anime. Charlene

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tofuwizard posted:

Go for maximum anime. Charlene

Charlene reminds me of when I just got into anime, and there was this one show that had some mercenary who only used swords in a Japan that was turned into kind of the wild west (though of course anime wild west), and he was a really bad mercenary because swords can't beat guns. But then he runs into this one blonde cowgirl with a big pair of guns (in both senses) that somehow turns things around and saves Anime Wild West Japan from the evil gunmen.

Now that I think about it, in many places in Japanese media where there's a cowgirl she has blonde hair. And big guns. Though I do remember exceptions.

e: I did remember that the name had something to do with explosives
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 27, 2014

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Ah, that was probably Grenadier. Good times.

I say you should go for maximum anime. Rashid

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
There are actually weapons and armor specifically made for combat dogs, even though there are only four of them in the world?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Glazius posted:

There are actually weapons and armor specifically made for combat dogs, even though there are only four of them in the world?

Yes. And they're sold in shops.

In fairness, we've seen a good number of combat dogs trying to murder us, so I think the four we found are just special, awesome dogs rather than the only dogs.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

Yes. And they're sold in shops.

In fairness, we've seen a good number of combat dogs trying to murder us, so I think the four we found are just special, awesome dogs rather than the only dogs.

Also, they are "dogs" not dogs.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Side note: I've gone through the votes and we are amazingly close.

Charlene: 26
Rashid: 27

Gonna give folks until...well, whenever I get around to doing recording tomorrow.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'll vote for Rashid for the sole purpose of something.

Poil fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 27, 2014

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Charlene because :911:

Skippyk
Nov 3, 2010
Charlene because we've already killed the sandshark, there's nothing cooler for Rashid to cut in half

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Well, I guess I'd better toss my vote in for Rashid. Mainly because I'm more interested in the game's take on glorious Saudi Arabia than U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Last-minute vote for Rashid!

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

In a world of tanks the man who's blade cuts tanks is king: another vote for Rashid.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
I'm voting for Charlene, because cowgirls are rad and tanks are rad, therefore making a cowgirl in a tank Rad2.

rbakervv
Apr 1, 2008

For the Emperor!!
Charlene

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Rashid

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Rashid

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
Charlene

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Rashid

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Rashid

For the aforementioned maximum anime.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Apr 28, 2014

neon flame
Feb 21, 2013

Apparently Dan is a sex symbol in France.

I'll vote for Rashid. We may want max anime, but Charlene seems like the wrong kind of anime.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Lost Generation posted:

I'll vote for Rashid. We may want max anime, but Charlene seems like the wrong kind of anime.

Be fair; they're both pretty anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

If Charlene was voting, I know that she, too, would want the rad sword guy in over some dumb anime chick. She is clearly a true American hero. :911:

• Locked thread