Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

You know O'Doyle from the Adam Sandler vehicle Billy Madison? He's O'Doyle.

This is a surprisingly apt description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
What WWE was originally going for with Ryback was that he was supposed to be a pseudo-cyborg that just decimated people in matches and thought like a machine in very exact terms.

But I like the O'Doyle description better.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So I am watching SuperBrawl 3 from 1993 for the first time because Vader and Sting are cool and I love that the first match is a tag bout between the team of Steve Austin and Bryan Pillman (uh huh ho hum) facing Eric Watts and Marcus Bagwell (ROOKIE OF THE YEAR THESE GUYS ARE GOING PLACES!) Hindsight and all that.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

projecthalaxy posted:

So I am watching SuperBrawl 3 from 1993 for the first time because Vader and Sting are cool and I love that the first match is a tag bout between the team of Steve Austin and Bryan Pillman (uh huh ho hum) facing Eric Watts and Marcus Bagwell (ROOKIE OF THE YEAR THESE GUYS ARE GOING PLACES!) Hindsight and all that.

You should join me on the WCW death tour. I've got Uncensored 2000 up next.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Justin Godscock posted:

What WWE was originally going for with Ryback was that he was supposed to be a pseudo-cyborg that just decimated people in matches and thought like a machine in very exact terms.

But I like the O'Doyle description better.

It's effectively canon. He tweeted out once about it, although it got deleted when he started doing his tweet-delete-repeat routine.

@Ryback22 posted:

Just had a meeting with the O'Doyle family paperwork signed and #Done! It is official now so you can all stop whining. #RybackRules

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Just some quick questions because the WWE website itself is lovely to navigate. Thanks in advance everyone!

I checked the first page of the thread and didn't see an answer: when do Raw and Smackdown replays become available? Being able to watch the latest Raws when I want to would be a godsend.

Another thing: I'm considering splitting the network with my housemates, does the network still allow only 2 logins at a time? I imagine that means all four of us wouldn't be able to access the network from the same household at the same time, then? What happens when a third logon attempt happens?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Narrator posted:

I checked the first page of the thread and didn't see an answer: when do Raw and Smackdown replays become available? Being able to watch the latest Raws when I want to would be a godsend.

Right now it seems to be close to about a month or so delay between broadcast and upload.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

The Narrator posted:

You could try something like http://watchwrestling.ch/home/watch-wwe-raw-42814/ , although it's not official that's how I watch Raw if I missed an ep. They actually post segments as they air I think, so you could watch the whole episode pretty soon after it wraps up if you needed to.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

triplexpac posted:

You could try something like http://watchwrestling.ch/home/watch-wwe-raw-42814/ , although it's not official that's how I watch Raw if I missed an ep. They actually post segments as they air I think, so you could watch the whole episode pretty soon after it wraps up if you needed to.

Okay, thanks. I wasn't sure how kosher streams and things were. I might still end up going with the Network, as access to all the PPVs and past shows is pretty tempting, just a shame I can't access the main shows in an official way just after they've happened :( NXT replays are still on the Network quickly, right?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

The Narrator posted:

Okay, thanks. I wasn't sure how kosher streams and things were. I might still end up going with the Network, as access to all the PPVs and past shows is pretty tempting, just a shame I can't access the main shows in an official way just after they've happened :( NXT replays are still on the Network quickly, right?

Oh yeah, definitely still get the Network, it's a great value. It's just not where you go to watch Raw or Smackdown.

I think the Network is the primary way to watch NXT really, unless you live in Canada or Europe. I may be wrong on that though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Yup, that's how I watch it too, though I think if you watch it during the broadcast (they post short 5-10 minute segments to Dailymotion) you can sometimes miss the odd promo coming out of the commercial, like the Bo Dallas stuff.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

The Narrator posted:

Hulu Plus adds a 90 minute version every Tuesday. And you can get free Hulu Plus basically indefinitely if you use Bing Rewards.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They're also posted to Hulu the day after airing, though Raw is cut some for time and the cuts don't always make sense.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Does anyone who uses the Network on Xbox know if I can purchase a subscription through the console itself?

I have some Microsoft gift cards I need to get rid of.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Blast Fantasto posted:

Does anyone who uses the Network on Xbox know if I can purchase a subscription through the console itself?

I have some Microsoft gift cards I need to get rid of.

Nope. The only alternate way besides singing up at WWE.com is through Apple TV.

Also, The Network is now available on Xbox One.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 29, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"Xbox! Yappappi!"

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

flashy_mcflash posted:

"Xbox! Yappappi!"

If "Xbox, Rapadoo!" doesn't load up the Network Microsoft and WWE failed miserably at everything.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

quote:

According to the official WWE Network FAQ, the following programming will be added in 2014:
In-Ring
WWE Tribute to the Troops 2014

Originals
The Monday Night War
WWE Total Divas
WWE Rivalries

Vault
WCW Clash of the Champions
WWE Saturday Morning Slam
Rock n' Wrestling (tentative)
WWE Saturday Night's Main Event
WCW Nitro

Vault Specials

Is this really cool? What do you say, Superdome audience?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Daniel Bryan posted:

Nope. The only alternate way besides singing up at WWE.com is through Apple TV.

Also, The Network is now available on Xbox One.

Does that mean that Apple is the only company getting a 30% cut of all new subscriptions?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Wait, they're adding Rock 'n Wrestling? Awesome.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Astro7x posted:

Does that mean that Apple is the only company getting a 30% cut of all new subscriptions?

Yep. Apple TV has the option to signup through them for the full $60 price at once, but they will take 30% if you do it that way. AFAIK no other device offers this option.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

I got excited for a second because I thought I read they would be putting wcw saturday night up. I would love for those to be at my access.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

They aren't adding more territorial content? What the gently caress?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Is that the real Saturday Night's Main Event or the crappy Saturday Night's Main Event that came later?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Daniel Bryan posted:

WCW Nitro is kinda vague. Is that every Nitro ever?

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
The addition of Rock 'n Wrestling over something like Superstars is a bit odd.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

WCW Nitro is kinda vague. Is that every Nitro ever?

They are probably going to start adding them the same time Monday Night War starts, and do one a week or whatever along with one Raw a week along side that show. That's the current theory anyway.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy

DeathChicken posted:

Is that the real Saturday Night's Main Event or the crappy Saturday Night's Main Event that came later?

Probably both.

I'm guessing they'll be overdubbing "Obsession" with Eugene's old entrance theme... :v:

KitsonGT
Oct 5, 2004

Remember: if the balloon pops, the noise makes the angels cry.
I haven't watched wrestling consistently since about the point Benoit et al left WCW for WWE, and I've recently started again and purchased the network. I've kept track of what has happened in the vaguest sense, but I know I've missed a lot of good stuff. For comparisons sake, I've never seen a CM Punk match and I've maybe seen three Cena matches ever. The amount of material on the Network is a lot to sift through - I've been watching the Legends roundtables and some old PPVs. What are some good things I can watch on the network to try to catch myself up?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Call Me Charlie posted:

Hulu Plus adds a 90 minute version every Tuesday. And you can get free Hulu Plus basically indefinitely if you use Bing Rewards.

Wait...how?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

KitsonGT posted:

I haven't watched wrestling consistently since about the point Benoit et al left WCW for WWE, and I've recently started again and purchased the network. I've kept track of what has happened in the vaguest sense, but I know I've missed a lot of good stuff. For comparisons sake, I've never seen a CM Punk match and I've maybe seen three Cena matches ever. The amount of material on the Network is a lot to sift through - I've been watching the Legends roundtables and some old PPVs. What are some good things I can watch on the network to try to catch myself up?

CM Punk vs John Cena - Money in the Bank 2011 is a good place to start. Main event of that PPV: http://network.wwe.com/video/v31359911
CM Punk vs John Cena on Raw from last year was also a great match. Main event of this Raw: http://network.wwe.com/video/v31328437

Watch pretty much the entirety of Summerslam 2013: http://network.wwe.com/video/v31280129 It featured two spectacular matches that are two very different styles, plus Christian/Del Rio is pretty good on its own.

I'm missing a lot, but watch those and this year's Mania and you've got a pretty good sense of what's up these days.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Punk vs Undertaker from Mania 29 is awesome.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The Narrator posted:

Another thing: I'm considering splitting the network with my housemates, does the network still allow only 2 logins at a time? I imagine that means all four of us wouldn't be able to access the network from the same household at the same time, then? What happens when a third logon attempt happens?

I was sharing with a friend. Only two of us were using the network, him on PS3 and me on Roku. Our account got closed and I had to buy him another one since I was the one who talked him into sharing. I guess I paid $60 to watch Wrestlemania after all.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The Narrator posted:

3 people in my house watched Wrestlemania on 2 computers and an XBox simultaneously. Keep it in the house and you shouldn't have an issue.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Sky Shadowing posted:

If "Xbox, Rapadoo!" doesn't load up the Network Microsoft and WWE failed miserably at everything.

Jokes on you, saying "Xbox, _____" never works right anyway.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

gfanikf posted:

Wait...how?

Sign up for Bing Rewards. Do the daily tasks. By the end of the month, you should have enough points for a month of Hulu Plus. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MassRafTer posted:

They aren't adding more territorial content? What the gently caress?

You realise at this point in time you're literally the only person who even remotely thinks that there isn't enough content on the Network, right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

You realise at this point in time you're literally the only person who even remotely thinks that there isn't enough content on the Network, right?

I am not the only person who is annoyed at the lack of territorial content on the Network. There's a lot of bitter old fucks who expected more. I still think the Network is worth it for the PPVs and NXT specials but I do think it's nuts they are being stingier on territorial stuff than they were on Classics on Demand.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Classics on Demand also had all of the episodes of Superstars and Wrestling Challenge, Network doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Memento posted:

Some people want different things. Weird.