Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

ItBurns posted:

Having the chat filter on by default is a good and totally defensible thing to do. It might prevent the other comedians in the game from seeing your totally hilarious and tasteful rape jokes but it also prevents the 6 year old that like to hit chickens with a sword from seeing the same.

I'm talking about the language filter between clients. You can't see chat from other clients that have their languages set to other languages than your own. Portugese, Spanish, German, and so on.

EDIT: gently caress, beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Ah, I was a little confused, the profanity filter was always on by default for me. Everyone I see it I remember that I have to turn it off, then after looking for the option for two or three minutes I decide out isn't worth it and get back to playing.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Dinictus posted:

I hate how, because of the megaservers, Anet decided to put in a chat filter, on by default, with many people absolutely unaware of this client-language filter being a thing.

It sucks but it is the lesser of two evils. The way that people were behaving before the filter was even more toxic for the community. I don't blame Anet. I blame the assholes that forced Anet to make a tough decision like this. Maybe there are better solutions out there, but off the top of my head I cannot think of any that are satisfactory. They could have been more clear to users in game about how it functions though.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

just chimp it out posted:

Hit my first 80 the other day and can't decide on a warrior look. Love the Norn cultural armour though!

Octopus sword best sword :cthulhu:

I vote #2.

loving hell, I just promised myself to take a break from the gem store but here are the baby minis:

http://dulfy.net/2014/05/01/gw2-baby-minis-series-1-pack-in-gemstore/

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

HaroldofTheRock posted:

I vote #2.

loving hell, I just promised myself to take a break from the gem store but here are the baby minis:

oh my god a baby hippo :allears:

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

HaroldofTheRock posted:

I vote #2.

I can't stop laughing at the baby moa. So adorabugly :3:

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

jyrque posted:

oh my god a baby hippo :allears:

that baby hippo is the best

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I hope they never release polymock because I'll be pissed that I didn't drop twenty bucks for a baby hippo Arus.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I asked like a dozen plus pages ago what goons think of the new patch versus all the living story poo poo that came before it, but I didn't really get an answer I don't think. Give me your feedback goons

Wardrobe is cool.
Mega Servers are cool.

Trait system is the dumbest and stupidest thing they could have done, the things you need to do for some traits does not line up with game progression(adept trait for 100% a level 70-80 zone for example), you have a huge dead zones in leveling now as well, I'm seriously expecting a flood of level 80 pubs with no traits with the way you unlock them.

And wow those minis are super cute but that price.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Trait system is the dumbest and stupidest thing they could have done, the things you need to do for some traits does not line up with game progression(adept trait for 100% a level 70-80 zone for example), you have a huge dead zones in leveling now as well, I'm seriously expecting a flood of level 80 pubs with no traits with the way you unlock them.

You're flatout wrong though, it's actually a pretty good system and improved on what existed before. There is obviously a problem with some of the unlock methods, being way out of level or too difficult, and those can and should be adjusted. But to call the new system "the dumbest and stupidest thing they could have done" is loving idiotic!

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Also the traits are pretty cheap to buy so you don't actually have to muck with that nonsense if you don't want to.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
OK, next shot at an spvp lock down build:

Warrior, mace/mace + hammer, healing signet, signet of rage, SIO/zerker stance /balanced stance, 0/0/6/2/6, str runes, cavalier amulet, intelligence and battle sigil on both weapon sets.

Emphasis on the f1 skills, but I wonder if I can generate enough adrenaline to keep someone close to permastunned.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So you agree the current unlock system is dumb and should be changed yet feel its not a dumb system.

I mean ok, the trait reset system is nice, but that's about it.

Keep in mind I'm looking at it from a pubbie's perspective, the ones who supposedly went 14/14/14/14/14 with this system.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Alteisen posted:

So you agree the current unlock system is dumb and should be changed yet feel its not a dumb system.

I mean ok, the trait reset system is nice, but that's about it.

Keep in mind I'm looking at it from a pubbie's perspective, the ones who supposedly went 14/14/14/14/14 with this system.

Parts of a system can be dumb or a mistake and be fixable, without an entire system being "the dumbest and stupidest thing they could have done". You're being ridiculously hyperbolic and dumb.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Stop being deliberately dense. He's clearly saying that the structure of the system itself is fine, but they just need to tweak some of the requirements to make sure the unlocks better match with leveling flow.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
The problem I have with the new trait system is the dead levels. That kinda goes back to my issue with the game having 80 levels when it doesn't really need them, though. Overall it seems mostly cosmetic & streamlined aside from the free-anywhere respec addition.

Triethyl
Dec 31, 2006

Alteisen posted:

Wardrobe is cool.
Mega Servers are cool.

Yeah, I can see that being inconvenient for someone who has lots of characters to--

Alteisen posted:

Whatever, its irrelevant at this point, game is uninstalled, was fun playing with y'all, see ya in the expansion, when you do a guild clean-up go ahead and remove me, I'll just re-apply whenever the expansion drops, if it ever does.

Man, ghosts sure do complain a lot.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

what does it matter if the new trait system is bad? the game is dead

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Erdricks posted:

Stop being deliberately dense. He's clearly saying that the structure of the system itself is fine, but they just need to tweak some of the requirements to make sure the unlocks better match with leveling flow.

To be fair, Alteisien was also being excessively melodramatic but you are right. I think most of us agree that the system's foundation is fine, but I also feel that they didn't do a good enough job with the progression. That can be fixed, but I don't know if they are actually going to bother fixing it because they know we can just buy the traits instead. That sucks though because buying them is really boring.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Triethyl posted:

Man, ghosts sure do complain a lot.

Call the ghostbusters.

Erdricks posted:

Haha what, are you talking to me? That's not what Alteisen is "clearly saying", she's clearly saying that the whole system is dumb and stupid and the worst thing ever. I said exactly what you did.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

The OP has even been updated once this month, we might as well all just uninstall at this point.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

Haha what, are you talking to me? That's not what Alteisen is "clearly saying", she's clearly saying that the whole system is dumb and stupid and the worst thing ever. I said exactly what you did.

I think he was agreeing with you and replying to Alteisen.

Stop the fighting, all of you!! :ohdear:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I think he was agreeing with you and replying to Alteisen.

Stop the fighting, all of you!! :ohdear:

FINE.

This is the confusion that results when people don't use quotes!!!

Bret Hart
Nov 28, 2010

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

proof that the game is dead? loving troll

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Alteisen posted:

Whatever, its irrelevant at this point, game is uninstalled, was fun playing with y'all, see ya in the expansion, when you do a guild clean-up go ahead and remove me, I'll just re-apply whenever the expansion drops, if it ever does.

Alteisen posted:

Arus, since I owe you a shield, expect a PM gem code in the future, that should cover the candy cost and a little extra for being such a good person.
Don't enable him, please, I'm begging you!

Alteisen posted:

Susie, you're still the best SFD has, never change.
Where's my shout out? "Butts you are loving terrible"

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 01100101 01110010
is there a way to get ascended celestial gear without charging quartz crystals

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
If the game is dead, move on and quit telling the people in a very active thread or in a very not-dead game otherwise imo. This reminded me of one of the things I hate about megaservers: I had to listen to crybaby pubbies droning on about how wardrobe changes ruined the game because "anet is charging for transmute charges but got rid of transmute stones" by a guy with 10 characters who wanted to change his look every 10 levels on each. Another guy whining about how the game is blob wars/hugging wars and needs GvG/PvP and the only reason megaservers exist is because the game is nearly dead.

You know what I want in the next feature patch? I want Arenanet to implement some server tool that detects all of these crybabies and automatically sorts them together into their own overflow so they can sit around and circle jerk over how dead this game is that they can't stop playing in order to tell everyone else it is dead because Arenanet won't add the changes they personally want, as if this is owed to them and only them. This must be the real reason the game is called Guild WARS because they have the same mentality as the warrior forum (and previously the monks of GW1) and they want every-loving-thing handed to them or Arenanet are nazis!

Seriously it's one thing to have some complaints but don't sit around trying to convince everyone else they need to quit the game because the devs don't care anymore and that every update they put out is making the game worse. As much as I can joke about how awwwwwwwwful Scarlet was, the sheer amount of living story updates we got was honestly very impressive and frankly I cannot wait for season 2.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just don't think the progression is that good, before you could start messing with traits as early as level 15, every 5 levels you got bitchin new passive to play with then pick what passive what you want from this easy to follow list.

A big complaint levied against GW2 is that it doesn't have a lot in the way of skills, its not like every other MMO which has like 20, but that's because a bunch of the poo poo your characters is locked behind traits which I think is a great system, the update to me took what wasn't broken and fixed it, now you can't mess with anything till level 30 and it makes leveling certain classes a bit of a chore as class defining traits will take much longer to get.

And sorry butts, a lot of people's names don't match up to their forum names.

Thanks for the image, gave me a good laugh.

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

Lonk posted:

If the game is dead, move on and quit telling the people in a very active thread or in a very not-dead game otherwise imo. This reminded me of one of the things I hate about megaservers: I had to listen to crybaby pubbies droning on about how wardrobe changes ruined the game because "anet is charging for transmute charges but got rid of transmute stones" by a guy with 10 characters who wanted to change his look every 10 levels on each. Another guy whining about how the game is blob wars/hugging wars and needs GvG/PvP and the only reason megaservers exist is because the game is nearly dead.

You know what I want in the next feature patch? I want Arenanet to implement some server tool that detects all of these crybabies and automatically sorts them together into their own overflow so they can sit around and circle jerk over how dead this game is that they can't stop playing in order to tell everyone else it is dead because Arenanet won't add the changes they personally want, as if this is owed to them and only them. This must be the real reason the game is called Guild WARS because they have the same mentality as the warrior forum (and previously the monks of GW1) and they want every-loving-thing handed to them or Arenanet are nazis!

Seriously it's one thing to have some complaints but don't sit around trying to convince everyone else they need to quit the game because the devs don't care anymore and that every update they put out is making the game worse. As much as I can joke about how awwwwwwwwful Scarlet was, the sheer amount of living story updates we got was honestly very impressive and frankly I cannot wait for season 2.

ya mad

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Bret Hart posted:

proof that the game is dead? loving troll

I have't seen a single other player in Salma District for weeks.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
You're all just bored from lack of Living Story. You all secretly really want Scarlet back.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

You're all just bored from lack of Living Story. You all secretly really want Scarlet back.

I'd rather see the asura butt.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
The most broken thing about gw2 is the lovely, entitled players who want everything their way and if anet doesn't meet their demands then "ITS THE STUPIDEST THING EVER AND gently caress IT I'M UNINSTALLING BUT I'LL CHECK IN PERIODICALLY."

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

is there a way to get ascendecd celestial gear without charging quartz crystals

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

quite the fucker posted:

is there a way to get ascendecd celestial gear without charging quartz crystals

no

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

is there a way to hide every image in this thread except the asura butt

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

central posted:

The most broken thing about gw2 is the lovely, entitled players who want everything their way and if anet doesn't meet their demands then "ITS THE STUPIDEST THING EVER AND gently caress IT I'M UNINSTALLING BUT I'LL CHECK IN PERIODICALLY."

Good thing I never actually said that. :v:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

hey here's some supposed concept art for the next LS release in which scarlet is resurrected and reaches her next but not final form

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Here are the important points I want to make.

1) I've had the baby hippo since last summer. And it is in fact the best.

2) The trait unlock system is a fun idea. The implementation of it is awful. Even just the 5 that old characters have to unlock is bad. Three are tied to events that don't have a specific timer, one of them requires you to fail the event that spawns and then do the next one. So you sit around waiting for an event, which can be literally hours, then when it pops up you have to beg people to let it fail. That's just dumb. For new players it is much much worse. You know what an engineer has to do to get the huge quality of life passive speed boost trait? 100% frostgorge sound. Yeah, so much for speedy leveling. What I used to be able to pick at level 30 is now something I won't get until after I've maxed out. Stupid. And the cost is beyond prohibitive. Over 40 gold and 360 skill points to buy what current players get for free. What idiot is running the economy for this game? Put the cost on the new players who don't have the gold or skill points to pay for it? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. When I hit level 80 the first time I had to save for my grandmaster manual, which was 2 frikkin gold. The bad part is Arenanet hates admitting they implemented things badly (source: the living story, wvw ppt, spvp for the first year and a half, etc etc) so this probably isn't changing soon and is going to cost the game a lot of potential new players. So dumb. Okay that turned into a bit of a rant...

3) Megaservers are awesome.

4) The wardrobe is all of my wildest dreams come true.

5) Except for respeccing anywhere for free, which is also all of my wildest dreams come true.

6) The changes to pvp are amazing. I like it again. Especially teaming with goons. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

That picture makes me want to climb into her plant holes.

• Locked thread