Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Anosmoman posted:

They do it with Chicago and pizza too - living there automatically grants you 500 pizza expert points which they'll somehow manage to fight through in order to serve a raw pile of cheese and bananas roughly shaped like Argentina.

Chicago pizza is a sort of cheese and tomato soup, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Did they . . . did they actually do an inspirational flashback during service?!?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Chicago pizza is a sort of cheese and tomato soup, though?

Oh no you didn't just go there.

It's an Italian quiche. Get your poo poo-talk correct, son. :colbert:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I made a Quiche Lorraine, once.

Bacon was one of the healthiest parts of it. I honestly had no idea how much cream goes into those things.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is tonight a 2-parter too? My DVR says it's on from 7 to 9.

If true, then goddamn, there have been 2 episodes every Friday since the season started :stare:

Sticky Keys Man
Oct 24, 2007
Just my package...
Famous last words: "There's no way Chef Ramsay will dislike my food!"

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Haha, the cuts Mark's :stare: are wonderful.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Never has baby poo brown been such a close description

Sticky Keys Man
Oct 24, 2007
Just my package...
I want him and Mary from HK11 to have a staring contest

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I loved how Gordon had to keep fixing the cushions in the booth he's sitting in because they kept falling down.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Jesus, that dude is dumb.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Mad Dragon posted:

Jesus, that dude is dumb.

When Gordon said that Mark acted as though was 16, he was spot on.

I'm leaning towards the niece on this one. Between the mother constantly lying and her :stare: so, she's just hamstringing every argument she has to make.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Man, this woman can't stop lying. She just can't help herself.

Sticky Keys Man
Oct 24, 2007
Just my package...
I'm glad they made this one a two-parter, Lord knows they might have to cut some of these aimless arguments with only one.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

There's definitely be a greater emphasis on the drama. I mean, it was always there before, but since the ABC episode it's been taken up to an 11 or 13.

Fae and Mark really need to be taken out of the equation for this place to succeed.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Haha, Sabra hummus.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Zero One posted:

Haha, Sabra hummus.
Everybody likes it a lot more than what the restaurant was serving them :lol:

Sticky Keys Man
Oct 24, 2007
Just my package...

Ghostpilot posted:

There's definitely be a greater emphasis on the drama. I mean, it was always there before, but since the ABC episode it's been taken up to an 11 or 13.

Fae and Mark really need to be taken out of the equation for this place to succeed.

It's not even interesting drama, like ABC, it's just a bunch of half-assed whining. I prefer the episodes where Ramsay is yelling at the staff and not the staff yelling at each other.

Maybe the grody kitchen inspection will cheer me up.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Eww, everything is frozen and freezer burned :barf:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Remember, Fae (the mother) said earlier that she didn't have a freezer.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Sticky Keys Man posted:

It's not even interesting drama, like ABC, it's just a bunch of half-assed whining. I prefer the episodes where Ramsay is yelling at the staff and not the staff yelling at each other.

Maybe the grody kitchen inspection will cheer me up.

Agreed. I know nothing of these people, so to have them argue about who works when isn't very interesting.

So far this one doesn't seem too worthy of a two-parter and I think they only stretched it out for the sake of it (they could probably do the same to any episode if they wanted to.)

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Look at all that fresh frozen product.

Ramsay better get rid of that terrible sign, it's really bothering me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"The Flaming Grill, it is not. The Extinguished Grill, it is. :smug: "

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

I really don't like this lady. She's every bit as clueless and in denial as the owner last week.

Sticky Keys Man
Oct 24, 2007
Just my package...
Oh, God, the meat cylinder.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ghostpilot posted:

I really don't like this lady. She's every bit as clueless and in denial as the owner last week.
Unfortunately there's no meth addict this time to make things interesting, just a guy who creepily stares at Gordon.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

I'm in court of the niece, Brenda, and the server. I have no sympathy for Fae, or her creepy, awkward bug-eyed son.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Every time they call Fae out on their bullshit, she changes the subject. Dear god, I hate this woman.

kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!
Is Gordon allowed to punch somebody? gently caress me this woman is terrible.

Sticky Keys Man
Oct 24, 2007
Just my package...
This is a "staff meeting" in the same way Jerry Springer is "couple's counseling."

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Ghostpilot posted:

Every time they call Fae out on their bullshit, she changes the subject. Dear god, I hate this woman.

She's awful.

:byodame: "WHY DON'T YOU COME IN AN HOUR EARLY!?!?! TWENTY MINUTES ISN'T ENOUGH!"

Uhhh, because you're not paying her to come in an hour early? Also, she's a server, the hell does she need to be there an hour early for?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Wow, even Gordon said, "gently caress it" and sent her home.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahahaha, the owner is such a disaster that Gordon sent her home :allears:

e: Oh, nevermind, it's some hidden camera poo poo.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Mark's certainly his mother's son. :rolleyes:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Oh gently caress this redemption music and talk about teamwork. Mark was disrespecting the gently caress out of Mel and they're not even acknowledging it.

Edit: Fae...what else does fresh mean? "He says fresh, he means fresh. Not frozen fresh!" :downs:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"It's gonna be flaming awesome :haw:"

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

:cawg:

Does this makeover seem to anyone else as though it was lifted from a template? It's like the stock Powerpoint presentation of restaurant redesigns.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

That's not how you say gyro Gordon :mad:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ghostpilot posted:

:cawg:

Does this makeover seem to anyone else as though it was lifted from a template? It's like the stock Powerpoint presentation of restaurant redesigns.
Who wants to bet this place will be abandoned within a couple months at most and turned into a completely different business?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

What do you know, this odious woman continues to be terrible and drives two of her employees out.