Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

CLAM DOWN posted:

Thanks to Lord Commander Priest Father Mobius, Goshawk and Arus finally tied the knot in a quiet ceremony in DR's 1% area.

May all goons recognize this man/bird union.

Is gos on the left or on the right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Vargs posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo about corrupting a mob's boons
What loving boons, corrupt is completely useless in most dungeons and marginally useless in the rest.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

CLAM DOWN posted:

Thanks to Lord Commander Priest Father Mobius, Goshawk and Arus finally tied the knot in a quiet ceremony in DR's 1% area.

The rest of the world doesn't recognize the ceremonies of the 1% zone.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Dukka posted:

The rest of the world doesn't recognize the ceremonies of the 1% zone.

If you REALLY loved each other, you wouldn't hide your wedding from the vast majority of the world! I call sham! SHAM!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ApeHawk posted:

If you REALLY loved each other, you wouldn't hide your wedding from the vast majority of the world! I call sham! SHAM!

Sorry, we just couldn't wait any longer, none of you people had the loving waypoint

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
It's a sham because he hasn't divorced Swiss Knight. There's nothing 1% about Utah and unless the marriage happens there it isn't valid.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Sorry, we just couldn't wait any longer, none of you people had the loving waypoint

Well, we WOULDA had it if Arus forked over the gold to open it for us, but it looks like he'd rather fork his money to himself!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Turncoat Mommy posted:

It's a sham because he hasn't divorced Swiss Knight. There's nothing 1% about Utah and unless the marriage happens there it isn't valid.

We had that annulled ages ago because it was never consummated.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks

CLAM DOWN posted:

We had that annulled ages ago because it was never consummated.

It was never consummate but it WAS "Consume Mate"

(you ate Swiss Knight, because you are fat)

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

CLAM DOWN posted:

This image is easier to interpret what the marriage looked like, since the image Arus provided was clearly photoshopped.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Do they sell better abs on the gemstore now?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk posted:

They were a wedding present from SFD to me.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I can't believe it wasn't butter.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm kidding, I was actually there and there was no wedding. Just Arus, a bird, me and my bird Butts. Butts had a crush on Goshawk. RIP.

Man, my ranger has a nice butt and that quaggan sure is happy.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Oh, good. I was afraid I had missed another wedding.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Arus lies once again, can't say I'm shocked anymore.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

BombermanX posted:

I'm kidding, I was actually there and there was no wedding. Just Arus, a bird, me and my bird Butts. Butts had a crush on Goshawk. RIP.

Man, my ranger has a nice butt and that quaggan sure is happy.

Arus was high on poutine and hallucinated the whole thing.

Next time you fancy getting married Arus you're gonna need to send out some invitations, marriage in Tyria is only valid if celebrated by a huge number of jackasses in pastel pink shooting fireworks everywhere. There may or may not also be moles in the wedding party. Just because you're 48 now doesn't mean you can ignore tradition.

Traxus IV fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 5, 2014

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Lonk posted:

CLAM DOWN posted:

No amount of ABS is enough to stop you rolling.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

My characters. I am saving my 14th character slot for the Tengu. :smithfrog:

http://imgur.com/a/HQszD

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Raskolnikov posted:

My characters. I am saving my 14th character slot for the Tengu. :smithfrog:

http://imgur.com/a/HQszD

The next living story will show a battered and bruised Scarlet crawling through the wreckage of her drill thing only to pull out a detonator and level the Dominion of Winds. That's it, no content, just that cutscene.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

ItBurns posted:

The next living story will show a battered and bruised Scarlet crawling through the wreckage of her drill thing only to pull out a detonator and level the Dominion of Winds. That's it, no content, just that cutscene.

I never even played through any of the scarlet content and even then these satanic words gave me chills.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Someone compiled a list of the builds used in the EU Tournament of Legends. Just in case you don't know what hambow/Virtues Guardian is. Huehuehue.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/24rvub/All_builds_used_in_EU_ToL

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 5, 2014

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012
Birds eat snails....I am sorry for Arus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdXRTu_gtaU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

ItBurns posted:

Someone compiled a list of the builds used in the EU Tournament of Legends. Just in case you don't know what hambow/Virtues Guardian is. Huehuehue.

I learnt a lot from this. Thanks.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

ItBurns posted:

I was hoping for asuran rear end.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Ah, to be twelve again. And a furry.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

ItBurns posted:

quote:

Whale cum (welcome) is a common greeting for those of us that like redicous puns, and is a proper warning that we talk about dirty poo poo sometimes. The guild I am in routinely welcomes new comers with a whale cum, and our recorded ts meetings start with the mandatory penis shouts. We aren't erp'ers or perverts (well, some are) just adults who like dirty jokes.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
I don't really feel any sympathy for MMO roleplayers because they all seem to ignore the intent that you play the game, but in character, and instead try to just sit around at an inn, competing to be the most dramatic character with nuanced paragraph long emotes that the game itself pretty much ignores as their pretty princess continues a staring contest with the wall.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

ItBurns posted:

GUILD WARS 3

quote:

Whale cum (welcome) is a common greeting for those of us that like redicous puns, and is a proper warning that we talk about dirty poo poo sometimes. The guild I am in routinely welcomes new comers with a whale cum, and our recorded ts meetings start with the mandatory penis shouts. We aren't erp'ers or perverts (well, some are) just adults who like dirty jokes.
:ughh:

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 5, 2014

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Did you at least kiss the bride?

^^ You had me at whale cum.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Mosthated posted:

Birds eat snails....I am sorry for Arus
Which in turn make more like Arus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWB_COSUXMw

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 5, 2014

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I actually miss Living Story updates. Some were mediocre, but all of them have us new things to do. I need that carrot.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Aleph Null posted:

I actually miss Living Story updates. Some were mediocre, but all of them have us new things to do. I need that carrot.

PvP! The carrot is the dungeon track slider. Solo queue or team queue and work on those Champion X achievements!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hi I don't understand fractals, if I joined a pubby fractal and have never done one what are the odds I get kicked? What levels are most appropriate for what gear/skill level?

More importantly, what is the "priority" of things to do to get more money/gear? Daily world bosses seem like a ton of loot for little effort, but there's a huge time investment (that can usually be solved by watching shows or something). Dungeons give good money and also gear tokens so it looks like for pure "get exotics" that's probably the best. Where does wvw come in? I remember doing that almost nonstop with my old guild, are there any organized wvw groups throughout the week?

tl;dr: You log on, what do you do now?

Everyone in guild so far has been awesome, you all collectively are the best and I wouldn't leaf you for the world.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Mortimer posted:

Hi I don't understand fractals, if I joined a pubby fractal and have never done one what are the odds I get kicked? What levels are most appropriate for what gear/skill level?

More importantly, what is the "priority" of things to do to get more money/gear? Daily world bosses seem like a ton of loot for little effort, but there's a huge time investment (that can usually be solved by watching shows or something). Dungeons give good money and also gear tokens so it looks like for pure "get exotics" that's probably the best. Where does wvw come in? I remember doing that almost nonstop with my old guild, are there any organized wvw groups throughout the week?

tl;dr: You log on, what do you do now?

As far as getting gold is concerned, I recommend varying it up or else you will burn out faster. However, explorable dungeons are generally considered the best especially if you run with a decent group of guild mates. You get a lot of loot, coin at the end, and the dungeon tokens can be traded for exotics and some dungeons also offer rares whose level is high enough that they can be salvaged for ectos and sold for even more coin. World bosses are low effort and decent money too.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Loot per time dungeons are the best.

Loot per effort world bosses are the best.

Loot per emotional turmoil esports are the "best."

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

SlothBear posted:

Loot per time dungeons are the best.

Loot per effort world bosses are the best.

Loot per emotional turmoil esports are the "best."

there isnt really that much emotional turmoil in esports. just run around and push your buttons. if some dude yells at you just laugh at him and continue to push your buttons in whatever manner you see fit

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I'm really enoying the Necro so far. I'm using Dagger/Warhorn and focusing on being a Minion Master. Could you more experienced players give me some advice for how I should be building this character as I level? I'm just looking to amass a huge army and steamroll most PvE encounters as I enjoy the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Dungeons are easy money and fast with a good group. The best paths are probably...

Ascalonian Catacombs 1 and 3
Citadel of Flame 1
Sorrow's Embrace 1
Honor of the Waves 1

Tier 2 easy mode might look like...
Twilight Arbor FF and FU
Sorrows Embrace 3
Citadel of Flame 2

A lot of the others aren't bad, but they don't get farmed as much so the chance of getting a bum group is a lot higher.

Fractals aren't worth it unless you're after the rings or skins or are willing to grind out the reward levels. Spend Laurels/Commendations to get 10 or 20 AR (if you don't value them) and you won't have to worry about Agony for a long time.

If you don't have exotics I wouldn't even bother. You could do them, but the reward/time is going to be better for virtually any other activity.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 5, 2014

• Locked thread