Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Half our clan got Hog swarmed in the last war. Seems any resistance to it was x-bows that weren't hit right away, and giant bombs set in 2's so heals couldn't restore the HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Have started playing this new form of e-crack, and am currently at TH4 stealing other peoples' gold to pay for my walls. Is there a goon clan for people just starting out who are actively afraid of going to war at this point?

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
War is not scary at all. No one gives a poo poo if you fail your attack. At the most, people will give you constructive advice on how to attack better. So pick a clan and join it! They mostly are full but one of the newer ones probably has a spot.

I think PEKKA is full or I'd tell you to join with us.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Cheers fella. I am now a proud member of Goon Tang Clan, who have the lowest entrance requirements inasmuch as we don't appear to have any and are free to join for anyone.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Aethernet posted:

Cheers fella. I am now a proud member of Goon Tang Clan, who have the lowest entrance requirements inasmuch as we don't appear to have any and are free to join for anyone.

I am not sure that is an SA clan

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
When is it that 2Poor and the others are purging? I am sick as poo poo of my dumbass clan donating goblins to war bases and people with lvl 5 townhalls attacking enemy bases with TH10s and ARGH

I'm TH8, just upgraded it, if that matters at all

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Khablam posted:

Half our clan got Hog swarmed in the last war. Seems any resistance to it was x-bows that weren't hit right away, and giant bombs set in 2's so heals couldn't restore the HP.

A well-stocked clan castle will sauté hogs.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

TraderStav posted:

I am not sure that is an SA clan

:shrug: It's in the OP. There's barely anyone in it - is it possible to steal a clan if we chose?

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
It looks as though the guy who created the clan either left or dissolved it. I edited it out of the OP, but let me know if it's full of goons and continues to be worth joining, and I'll put it back in.

oval office raja posted:

When is it that 2Poor and the others are purging? I am sick as poo poo of my dumbass clan donating goblins to war bases and people with lvl 5 townhalls attacking enemy bases with TH10s and ARGH

I'm TH8, just upgraded it, if that matters at all

2Poor always purge after the league resets. Next one ends on Monday the 12th, and I'll be booting the following Friday the 16th. Last time we didn't kick anyone, but I expect to get 1-3 spots with the newer stricter rules to stay in.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ixo posted:

It looks as though the guy who created the clan either left or dissolved it. I edited it out of the OP, but let me know if it's full of goons and continues to be worth joining, and I'll put it back in.

2Poor always purge after the league resets. Next one ends on Monday the 12th, and I'll be booting the following Friday the 16th. Last time we didn't kick anyone, but I expect to get 1-3 spots with the newer stricter rules to stay in.

Yeah there was a mass exodus (or as much of one that could happen to a <10 player clan) from it. I'm currently the leader by default or something, but I get the feeling that it's probably not worth maintaining.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

ixo posted:

sweet, thank you

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
So how many "full" clans are we up to?

PEKKA is full and I'm not sure were kicking anyone this go around.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
For some reason I'm now a co-leader in UGiev (I'm Neurath), so I went and hit the Start War button. War is peace

Also what's the drama with Blumpkin, I'm not gonna start kicking people and augh, there's too much pressure

Edit: on clan wars, this FAQ (also linked from the OP) is pretty comprehensive: http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/232849-Clan-Wars-FAQ

In my experience one of the biggest things in clan wars is the clan castle. Often even low level folks will have their clanholes filled with advanced stuff like level 5/6 wizards and dragons and poo poo. What you want to do is to use cheap troops such as archers to lure out any clan castle stuff and kill them, before sending in your giants/hogs/whatever.

And of course if you're defending you want to put your clan castle in the center and make it as hard to lure troops out as possible. I'm too lazy to have figured out good TH7/TH8 base designs for this, but there was a TH9 a few posts up which looked alright.

jaete fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 5, 2014

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

jaete posted:

And of course if you're defending you want to put your clan castle in the center and make it as hard to lure troops out as possible. I'm too lazy to have figured out good TH7/TH8 base designs for this, but there was a TH9 a few posts up which looked alright.

At lower TH levels it seems pretty hard to make your CC troops totally unable to be lured, but there are good designs for TH6 and up in the OP.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Soulex posted:

Drowning rabbit is the leader, thought I don't think he will care if we cover down on duties in his absense. Like purging, starting war, and what not.

I made co leaders so I can get lazy on that poo poo. ;) if it got out of hand or something there would be something to talk about, but you guys are doing fine.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

What is a good metric of when I should move up TH level? I'm nowhere near affording going up from 4 to 5, but I'd like to have some idea of when it is a good idea. All my moneys is going into research, upgrading guns and barracks and storage right now.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Rapner posted:

What is a good metric of when I should move up TH level? I'm nowhere near affording going up from 4 to 5, but I'd like to have some idea of when it is a good idea. All my moneys is going into research, upgrading guns and barracks and storage right now.

Once everything else is upgraded as far as you can get it. Once you hit TH6 future TH upgrades take a long time, so plan to do them just a little bit early so your builders aren't sitting idle. You can lag behind on walls and maybe collectors (though I personally like collectors).

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Oh you hit an upgrade wall? Sweet, that'll do then!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ixo posted:

Just curious, what are the rules?

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Famethrowa posted:

Just curious, what are the rules?

ixo posted:

Not right now. We didn't boot anyone this last league reset. Next time around it'll be tougher to stay in. Previously, any sign of activity at all was enough to keep you in. Now you'll need 50 donated OR 100 received troops by the ThursdayFriday after the league reset in order to stay in. I won't be booting based on Clan Wars because :stare: this thread frightened me off of that.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Rapner posted:

Oh you hit an upgrade wall? Sweet, that'll do then!

Yeah, the whole point of upgrading the town hall is to get over the upgrade wall. Higher level town halls actually give you maluses, since you have to pay more to hit the 'next' button and take resources less efficiently from town halls that are lower level than you.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

UGeiv is clearly the chilliest of clans.

nephyx
Jun 20, 2006

"Purges"
-Adolf Twerkel
So when someone gets rejected by accident is it just a 24 hour timer or does the rejection need to be cleared from the chat-log too ?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

nephyx posted:

So when someone gets rejected by accident is it just a 24 hour timer or does the rejection need to be cleared from the chat-log too ?

24 hours. It's automatic on and off.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Ice Fist posted:

UGiev is clearly the chilliest of clans.

Very true, UGiev is the best and our war record isn't lovely! 5-1 and we're starting another in a few hours. Also I'll be sure to watch for Blumpkin as well, I don't want some shitter showing up and ruining our cool chill times we have.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Now making requests for shooty mans in Goon Tang Clan, but cannot reciprocate as I only have L2 archers and don't want to spoil the party. Is it a terrible CoC faux pas to ask for reinforcements without reciprocating?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Aethernet posted:

Now making requests for shooty mans in Goon Tang Clan, but cannot reciprocate as I only have L2 archers and don't want to spoil the party. Is it a terrible CoC faux pas to ask for reinforcements without reciprocating?

Quite the opposite actually. Your crummy archers will take the place of better ones. Enjoy the troops and give back when you hit L3/L4!

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Ugiev is great! But I'm low rank so not sure what help I can be in this coming war.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Rapner posted:

Ugiev is great! But I'm low rank so not sure what help I can be in this coming war.

If you are in a war let the higher level clan members take care of the War Clan Castles and do your attacks.

nephyx
Jun 20, 2006

"Purges"
-Adolf Twerkel
For all you people looking for a war based clan thats not full, dont forget Spergs of War . We are new and dont mind less experienced members , or your pubby/irl friends (with your referral ) as long as you're active and donate when you're at the proper troop level to do so. Thanks for listening

Best regards
Steve Twerkel

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Aethernet posted:

Man, I have hoovered up archers like there's no tomorrow, and I only started giving back when I hit L3 a week or so ago. That'll ramp up further in two days when I hit L4, as some people demand 4+ even for farming purposes.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Blumpkin has actually been cool as hell since he joined UGievArchers. Maybe we have that affect on people, or maybe there were extenuating circumstances in the other clan he was in (I have no clue, I only saw the thread drama) but he's been A-OK in my co-leader book.

UGievArchers: We Cool As Hell

Spiderjelly posted:

Extrafox, we need to fire up pseudobabble at some point

I still have the thread bookmarked, but it seems people always play when I'm not around. I'm a little worried I've lost my touch. Also holy poo poo, has it really been over ten years since we started playing the original Psychobabble?

edit: The thing I play more often now (though still not THAT much) is Boardgame Online. If you haven't dropped by that thread, I highly recommend it. It's like Calvinball with goons and poo poo.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Blumpkin was always cool, he just rushes his base and the sperglords in WeSpent couldn't handle it. Then he started trolling them by failing attacks on purpose during wars and they kicked him out.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

McSpankWich posted:

Blumpkin was always cool, he just rushes his base and the sperglords in WeSpent couldn't handle it. Then he started trolling them by failing attacks on purpose during wars and they kicked him out.

More like he was sperging about the low TH levels sniping or attacking someone that had been 3 starred because the lowest that hadn't was 3 TH levels above.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

McSpankWich posted:

Making posts and accusing everyone other than him as being the problem doesn't help; he was kicked because there were multiple people who wanted to leave the clan to get away from him. He wasn't "just trolling" he had been raging at people since the very first war and then started doing exactly what he accused others of doing, whilst making call out posts.
The ribbing about his TH rush was just that, jokey and good-natured, it was his constant "I know better" attitude that rubbed people the wrong way for about 3 weeks. If he was "Just trolling" then you stop as soon as you realise you're pissing everyone else off, or you're just an rear end for continuing.
No doubt he will be fine in Ugiev because he has no TH9 or 10 people to "prove wrong".
If he's stopped antagonizing people, then we should move on and let this dumb drama go.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Khablam posted:

Making posts and accusing everyone other than him as being the problem doesn't help; he was kicked because there were multiple people who wanted to leave the clan to get away from him. He wasn't "just trolling" he had been raging at people since the very first war and then started doing exactly what he accused others of doing, whilst making call out posts.
The ribbing about his TH rush was just that, jokey and good-natured, it was his constant "I know better" attitude that rubbed people the wrong way for about 3 weeks. If he was "Just trolling" then you stop as soon as you realise you're pissing everyone else off, or you're just an rear end for continuing.
No doubt he will be fine in Ugiev because he has no TH9 or 10 people to "prove wrong".
If he's stopped antagonizing people, then we should move on and let this dumb drama go.

This.

Let's move on, we've beaten this horse to death. Blump's not a bad dude, just the circumstances played out that I think it was time for him to raid with some new people. This thread needs to get back to NIGLET shaming.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Why can't we all just get along, and chill?

2Poor's Dear Leader gtfo decided to yolo us into Team Turkey (the country). With 8 wins to our 10, we're hoping they get over 80-90 stars but a preliminary check (stats) shows this may not be the case. Seems to be another case of CW :rolldice:

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

jm20 posted:

2Poor's Dear Leader gtfo decided to yolo us into Team Turkey (the country). With 8 wins to our 10, we're hoping they get over 80-90 stars but a preliminary check (stats) shows this may not be the case. Seems to be another case of CW :rolldice:

He did nothing but cower and complain about his poor missing spells. I am the true prophet of the YOLO.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

jm20 posted:

We're currently up 35-5 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
I wouldn't mind if WeSpent got a couple easy match ups. I feel like the clans we've been matched against lately have been pretty stacked on the high end THs.

Maybe someone in other clans can answer, my recommended target is always like the 10th guy, but I'm 2nd on our map. Are you upper guys ever getting suggested to hit their top guys?