Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hey, which one of you was it who was doing the cool transparent acrylic counters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Indolent Bastard, I think.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Indeed it was. Relevant post found. Thanks!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Fix posted:

Indeed it was. Relevant post found. Thanks!

What can I do ya for?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Just looking for the fogless glue you used and to see where you got your discs. We've got a fab shop opening in town pretty soon, so your explanatory post was pretty much exactly what I needed.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Fix posted:

Just looking for the fogless glue you used and to see where you got your discs. We've got a fab shop opening in town pretty soon, so your explanatory post was pretty much exactly what I needed.

The glue is a gel that you need to glop on and then wipe up what squeezes out of the sides. Plan on ruining your first 3-8 disks than you should be good. 3mm Plexiglas is entirely adequate but you can go thicker.

If you need any other tips feel free to ask.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Will do!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
So, what exactly is that glue? I'm doing some hex status tokens and will probably need that stuff.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The people who make Microsol make a non-fogging clear drying glue for model air plane canopies. Krystal Klear, no idea how good it is.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Pierzak: Thanks for the drybrushing link. I'll decide which of the methods seems less intimidating come assembly.

Found my college town's LGS. Wanted to be sure folks were playing Infinity before buying a starter. Turns out there's only a few players, but ALEPH is well represented and I demand to be a special snowflake. So, going to go with the French Adriana sectorial. Cloth and wood stocks ahoy. The models look insanely detailed, but I like the aggressive urban warfare theme.

edit: Never mind, answered my own question.

tokenbrownguy fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 5, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Pierzak posted:

So, what exactly is that glue? I'm doing some hex status tokens and will probably need that stuff.

Other than a gloopy gel glue called Aleene's Glass & Bead adhesive I can't really say. But it works great if you use it between a clear part and a printed part.

E: don't use goof-off to clean them I have had them develop hairline cracks after using it.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Pardon me, nerdly folk. I've got some stuff for sale here: Link.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

:siren:New Releases!:siren:

Kum Motorized Troop, HaqqIslam

NeoTerra Bolts, PanOceania

Druze Shock Teams, Mercenaries

Clipsos Infiltrators, Tohaa

Morat Vanguard Infantry, Combined Army

Fast_Food_Knight
Nov 23, 2007

Be nice, He's a knight!
He's just a fast food knight.
About to get into the game and need some advice and maybe starter lists?

I am flip flopping between pan o Templars because I love the models, aleph for the models and high tech elite style and combine for the tech and stealth shenanigans.

We will be using YAMS and I tend to enjoy the high risk high reward glass cannon types, elite armies, movement and stealth shenanigans and guerrilla warfare. For reference I play dark elves & wood elves in whfb, circle I and cryx in warmachine. Hopefully that helps show the style of list I like to play.

Help me, oracles of trad games.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Fast_Food_Knight posted:

I am flip flopping between pan o Templars because I love the models, aleph for the models and high tech elite style and combine for the tech and stealth shenanigans.

We will be using YAMS and I tend to enjoy the high risk high reward glass cannon types, elite armies, movement and stealth shenanigans and guerrilla warfare. For reference I play dark elves & wood elves in whfb, circle I and cryx in warmachine. Hopefully that helps show the style of list I like to play.

Hmm. Both PanO Military Orders and Aleph don1t really mesh well with your style. Knights are all ery hardy, durable beatsticks that vary in their shootiness and special rules, but none can be described as a glass cannon.

ALEPH is notorious for its durability, with tons of stuff having 2 effective wounds and/or good defenses that make them harder to shoot. Though a vanilla Aleph list with lots of bots, nagas and Dasyus could likely fit your strategy.

In Infinity, the forces that more closely match the high risk, high reward concept ar Nomads (fragile troops that play dirty, cheap camo, drop guys, hackers and such) and Japanese sectorial Army (fast, hard-hitting, with tons of invisible ninjas and bikes but not much hi-tech support). Ariadna can also likely quality, as they have almost no heavy guys and zero giant robots, but make up for it with abundance of camouflage, guerilla tactics and blistering firepower.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Signed up for a 5 week escalation league at my local store. Going to be bringing the Bounty Hunters with my ISS

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fast_Food_Knight posted:

From what I see CA is the Cryx as far as rule-fuckery and weirdness goes. You'll have elites (with the inherent difficulty of squeezing what you want into always-too-few points), you have excellent stealth/skirmishers in the form of Shasvastii. Japanese sectorial of the Yu Jing is more of a glass cannon, CA is "hard as gently caress with awesome firepower, but you're always outnumbered".

Aleph might work in that style too, but only the vanilla army, the Steel Phalanx is almost pure assault.

(if the sectorial talk confuses you, it works like that: you pick a faction, you can take a generic/vanilla list with the full range of units, or you limit yourself to one branch of units (specialize) and the limits for each one are relaxed, and you get to form link teams.

Aaand now, starter lists. Let's assume 200 points, elite factions don't like 150 and personally I'd tell people to stick that format up their rear end if I had to play 150 CA again as a newbie.

MORAT AGGRESSION FORCE
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 7 0 2

YAOGAT Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CCW. (31)
YAOGAT Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 31)
YAOGAT Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 31)
YAOGAT MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)
YAOGAT Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 35)
DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (14)

4 SWC | 198 Points

Open with Army 4

The "Morat starter before it came out", aka learn how the MSV2/smoke combo and link teams work. Purchase-oriented (Yao box+Yao sniper+Dat blister/box), very much a one-trick pony, but a good training aid and the units you get here will serve you in many other Morat and vanilla lists. Be warned, this is typical Morat subtlety (i.e. repeated brick to the face) and may turn more sensitive opponents off.

SHASVASTII EXPEDITIONARY FORCE

GROUP 1 8 0 0

ASWANG Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (25)
SHROUDED (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
SHROUDED (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
MALIGNOS MULTI Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 47)
CORAX HASHT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
SEED-SOLDIER Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (14)

4 SWC | 199 Points

Open with Army 4

I just came up with this. Basically: get starter and an extra seed, proxy the Speculo as a second Shrouded because only dicks take the Speculo against newbies (also you'll get used to her and gimp your tactics). The problem is getting Hasht since he comes in a special dual-faction mission box, but you can proxy him with a spitfire Noctifer (another good unit for later). Reasoning: Aswang is the best LT for Shasvastii - camo, first strike with combi in active turn, ARO with glue gun, if you have an enemy glued or unconscious you can eat him, get extra wounds and pop back into camo which is awesome as your LT. Yes, it's an obvious LT in Shasvastii, but good loving luck finding him when you have 5 camo markers in your DZ. Malignos starts hidden until a good target comes into view, then starts poking the OPFOR in their vulnerable fleshy bits with DA ammo. Put him prone on a roof edge and he's at -9 to hit unless someone has MSV2+ (high priority target, waste with first shot). Shrouded are the first line of attack or if you prefer, mine the middle of the table, grab crate/civvie/do whatever (IIRC there's a 8" deployment restriction around objectives, remember it because no one's gonna correct your Malignos). After your your first turn, wake the seeds and link them. In this case I might start Hasht as a seed because he's basically a source of heavy firepower for the chaff.

COMBINED ARMY

GROUP 1 8 0 2

SKIÁVORO Lieutenant Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, CCW. (56)
VECTOR HMG / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1.5 | 35)
KO DALI Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / 2 Assault Pistols, Knife. (37)
IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (9)
IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (9)

2 SWC | 199 Points

Open with Army 4

OK not this might be a bit cheesy and inflexible, basically I threw together a few fun toys and filled the points with useful orders. The Skiavoro: horrible plasma rifle, mimetism, G: Mnemonica means you can risk him and not lose your command if he dies. Kodalien is hell with a jetpack, drop into a hole in enemy space, let rip with burst 5 asspistols, eat what's left. Vector HMG is why the hell did I put him here I already have MSV2 on Kodalien ahh because he's another amazing unit - pop smoke from Daturazis, jump up from your total cover, shoot whatever with first strike, fall back with the same order. Also, mimetism. Ikadrons are awesome (see the trend here?) - 9-point orders with dual flamers and flash pulse ARO (yes the blisters are expensive, get them anyway they're that good). Daturazis are Daturazis, mobile smoke unless they get into immediate vicinity of the enemy, then serial axe murderers.

ALEPH vanilla (I'm not doing Steel Phalanx it's weird):

ALEPH

GROUP 1 7 0 0

DEVA Lieutenant (G: Synchronized) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser+Devabot / Pistol, Knife. (26)
DEVABOT Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse.
DEVA (G: Synchronized) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser+Devabot / Pistol, Knife. (27)
DEVABOT Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse.
NAGA (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
ASURA Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 72)
MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (16)

2.5 SWC | 200 Points

Open with Army 4

Devabox because hidden LT and remote heavy flamers, Myrmidons for ODD+smoke nades+MA3 and cheap orders, Naga Minelayer for infiltration shenanigans, Asura for horrible heavy firepower and killing any camo. Small, simple and explaining why people say Aleph is OP :v: (CA gets even better toys but more expensive).

ed: Hahaha I just posted hidden lists, will be fixed in a sec. The Shasvastii one is typical though :v:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 6, 2014

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Fast_Food_Knight posted:

Take a look at Adriana. Potential for lots of movement fuckery, and the French sectorial comes stock with four troops that can infiltrate, and of the other two, one is a para-trooper, and the other deploys midboard.

The Kum Mechanized troops are everything I ever wanted from a space motorcycle. :magical:

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Here's a sample Nomads list for you to check out.

NOMADS

GROUP 1 8 1 1

ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 44)
ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
REVEREND CUSTODIER Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Marker / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 38)
HELLCAT Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (20)
LUNOKHOD Boarding Shotgun, Heavy Flamethrower, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (29)
SECURITATE Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (23)
MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (7)

2.5 SWC | 200 Points

Open with Army 4

It has two camo troops; one having heavy firepower and visor to hunt enemy camouflage, the other an infiltrator to start up ahead and mine sensitive areas. The Custodier is a combat hacker who can launch repeaters to do aggressive hacking of enemy heavy troops and TAGs, and her ODD keeps her safe from most shooting, and serves as a high-Willpower LT. The Securitate is a decent bodyguard for her, as he's never caught off guard.

The Lunokhod is an aggressive remote with amazing close-range firepower. It can also climb walls to surprise people and has two CrazyKoalas which are truly fun to use, as they run off to explode enemy troops that come close in his turn; the hacker can also hack through it. The Hellcat is a budget drop troop, good for landing behind sensitive targets and ambushing them. And the Morlock is a crazy, cheap assault troop meant to go forward and draw attention, and maybe get stuck in with enemy vanguard.

Fast_Food_Knight
Nov 23, 2007

Be nice, He's a knight!
He's just a fast food knight.
Thanks for the lists guys, appreciate it. I dig the CA models as well, it seems they fit the toys & shenanigans style I like best (I just don't really like the models for Ariadna), will give the Shasvaasti or the Aleph list a go!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Ariadna is the most polarizing faction as far as aesthetics go. Either you want to play Infinity but you would prefer to use your Bolt Action mans, or you prefer badass space parachutist werewolves with crazy kilt mans rapelling down walls with sniper rifles that can kill almost anything.

I don't want to say there's a wrong way to play tactical man dolls but the first way is the wrong way.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

WAR FOOT posted:

Ariadna is the most polarizing faction as far as aesthetics go. Either you want to play Infinity but you would prefer to use your Bolt Action mans, or you prefer badass space parachutist werewolves with crazy kilt mans rapelling down walls with sniper rifles that can kill almost anything.

I don't want to say there's a wrong way to play tactical man dolls but the first way is the wrong way.

:frogout:

No but really, :getout:
I want to play my French mans, leave me alone.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fanzay posted:

You'll never be alone, you bandwagon jumper :v:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Fanzay posted:

:frogout:

No but really, :getout:

Hey, Badass Parachute Werewolf IS French. Frenchmans also get the MANaconda.

It's more a trend I notice amongst Ariadna players that favor Ruskies. A Bolt Action army but with Infinity rules!

e: It's just a personal taste thing really. I don't get the appeal of modern military units when there's such a spread to choose from!

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 7, 2014

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Pierzak posted:

You'll never be alone, you bandwagon jumper :v:

Bbbut my frogs :qq:

WAR FOOT posted:

It's more a trend I notice amongst Ariadna players that favor Ruskies. A Bolt Action army but with Infinity rules!

e: It's just a personal taste thing really. I don't get the appeal of modern military units when there's such a spread to choose from!

I know what you mean. I play Merovingia for Chasseur minelayer madness and Loup Garous personally, but I kinda want the MANaconda. Maybe later. I also play Haqq though, so I get both semi-modern and futuristic soldiers!

I like the gritty underdog aesthetic, not so much the werewolf thing. Much like how many Nomad players stay away from their furries. [citation needed]

Condoleezza Nice! fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 7, 2014

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Our Nomad player runs the Chimeras and Pupniks as often as possible, as they advance up the table he mutters 'yiff yiff yiff...'

It's wargaming psychological warfare taken to a whole new level.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I need your eyes for a sec, here's a list for a weird tournament ("Brutal Force" format, i.e. Frontline+Quadrants+Annihilation, 300pt/12xp, limited to 1 combat group). Of course, I'm taking the only sectorial that won't ever see an ITS event otherwise:

MORAT SUPREMACY:

LIST CORE:
Yaogat combi, PF - LT
Yaogat combi, PF
Yaogat combi, grenades
Yaogat sniper
Yaogat spitfire
Daturazi chain
Anyat

LIST 1 ADDS:
Treitak: WIP 14, BTS -3, Holoprojector 1, Hacker, Doctor, Exp CCW
Rasyat spitfire
Q-Drone HMG, monomines

LIST 2 ADDS INSTEAD:
Treitak: BTS -3, Hacker, Doctor, Inferior Combat Jump
Sogarat HMG
Ikadron Batroid

I seem to have all the bases covered as far as Morats go. Any holes I missed? It could use a Zerat for the mines, but they're so meh for the cost that I said gently caress it and took a Rasyat instead.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

MANaconda is not a term I was to GIS at work; so what it?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The Anaconda TAG - It can be used in the Frenchies Sectorial.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

WAR FOOT posted:

Our Nomad player runs the Chimeras and Pupniks as often as possible, as they advance up the table he mutters 'yiff yiff yiff...'

It's wargaming psychological warfare taken to a whole new level.

:staredog:

Adjust the setting for maximum prejudice :commissar:

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
Hey everyone. I am joining my store's campaign, as the only PanO play there, so I am being teamed up with the two Aleph players to form a 3 player faction (which then puts all of the factions at 3 players, and also means each faction is represented).

I've read this thread, and the PanO forums, and want to play with all of the goodies. At the moment I am choosing the goodies I want.

Campaign is set on Svalarheima, so I am bringing a Nisse :) Should I consider a Jotum? Its a lot less defensive than a Cutter (ARM 8 vs. ARM 6 + TO Camo), but its also more in theme.

9 orders vs. 10 orders kinda sucks. But I don't know what to trim to get that 10th order.

Panoceania | 9 models

Fusilier Lt (10|0)
Indigo Combi () (13|0|0xp)
Auxilia (14|0)
Auxbot
Auxilia (14|0)
Auxbot
Fugazi Dronbot Repeater (8|0)
Kamau Hacker (28|0.5)
Nisse HMG (36|1.5)
Aquila HMG (60|2)
Cutter (117|2)

300/300 points | 6/6 swc
open with Aleph Toolbox : direct link

Panoceania | 10 models

Fusilier Lt (10|0)
Indigo Combi () (10|0|0xp)
Auxilia (14|0)
Auxbot
Mulebot Minesweeper (8|0)
Kamau Hacker (28|0.5)
Nisse HMG (36|1.5)
Aquila HMG (60|2)
Cutter (117|2)

299/300 points | 6/6 swc

10 order version

Laphroaig fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 7, 2014

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

WAR FOOT posted:

...tactical man dolls but the first way is the wrong way.

This was tremendous. I will now refer to all of my miniature games this way.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Fanzay posted:

:staredog:

Adjust the setting for maximum prejudice :commissar:

Without fail, it results in most his opponents spending bullets on one point models. :v:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

This was tremendous. I will now refer to all of my miniature games this way.

Man I am bringing lingo to this thread. My girlfriend calls them 'man Barbies'.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

WAR FOOT posted:

Without fail, it results in most his opponents spending bullets on one point models. :v:
Let me introduce you to the "fetch the stick" tactic. You drop a 4 point netrod (or basically any cheap AD, bonus points for soft target destruction) and watch all the furries and every other impetuous model run back towards the stick, the tactical plan of "how many orders will it take to reach the enemy" falling like a house of cards and the enemy about to have an aneurysm :v:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Pierzak posted:

Let me introduce you to the "fetch the stick" tactic. You drop a 4 point netrod (or basically any cheap AD, bonus points for soft target destruction) and watch all the furries and every other impetuous model run back towards the stick, the tactical plan of "how many orders will it take to reach the enemy" falling like a house of cards and the enemy about to have an aneurysm :v:

An interesting strategy, but I think Netrods have to be dropped in the deployment phase, and I think most my opponents wouldn't have to backtrack terribly far to gank one of the orders.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

WAR FOOT posted:

An interesting strategy, but I think Netrods have to be dropped in the deployment phase, and I think most my opponents wouldn't have to backtrack terribly far to gank one of the orders.
Do it with a cheap AD unit then. I really regret not having Yuan Yuans specifically for this purpose.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Seems like baiting that out is another good use for Cadmus mine shenanigans.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

stabbington posted:

Seems like baiting that out is another good use for Cadmus mine shenanigans.
Nope, only models are Impetuous targets, not markers.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Ah, yeah, that's problematic. Doing weird things with using them to cover a Ko Dali drop is probably way too complex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

stabbington posted:

Ah, yeah, that's problematic. Doing weird things with using them to cover a Ko Dali drop is probably way too complex.

No no no, that's actually a very good idea. My new tactic is to drop them just behind someone, preferably a link team. They don't get to SS2-attack because AD landing is not an attack. However, there is now a live mine in range, if they ARO-turn to face, I poke one of them with DA sniper ammo in the back and if they do anything the mine goes off. If they don't turn, I can hatch in peace :v:

• Locked thread