Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Daniel Bryan posted:

Yeah. He seems like he hates those that were born into money, rather than made it themselves.

So that's why he hates Shane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherdog posted:

Rich parts of Connecticut are the kind of places where people actually make distinctions between "old money" and "new money", and Vince is decidedly new money.

Greenwich is especially notorious for this. I constantly hear tales of old money mad at new money that comes in and drains ponds, builds ugly new mansions, kills off wildlife, etc. Then there's new money mad at old money for archaic ordinances and being hideously snooty bastards.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"I hate people who act rich"

*spends like a billion dollars trying twice to buy a Senate seat*

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

sportsgenius86 posted:

No that was his wife.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Onmi posted:

No that was his wife.

And if there's one thing we know about Vince from booking, it seems like on some level he hates Linda. It all adds up.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
Can goons please verify that you can have two simultaneous logins please?

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

Doomsday Jesus posted:

You definitely CAN. Not sure if the terms of service allow it though.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Doomsday Jesus posted:

Yes, you can use it in two (or more) locations at the same time technically speaking. Legally they say not to, but they won't do anything for it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
While I've heard success stories of people having MLB TV with 5 people logging in, I've heard of people losing their Network account for as little as two log ins at different iP addresses.

They allow crossover somehow, because I've had a few going at my home at the same time between a PC, IPad and a Roku, but there must be a red flag when significant streaming happens from two IPs at the same time,

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

ChampRamp posted:

Yes, you can use it in two (or more) locations at the same time technically speaking. Legally they say not to, but they won't do anything for it.

I thought I read that some goon got his friend's account shut down for doing this?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
My friend and I were watching Extreme Rules in two different states and nothing happened.

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

If the network continues to not pull in the numbers they are hoping for, I wouldn't be shocked to see them start to shut down accounts with multiple regular logins.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

JR is great during the Clashes. Why did WWE ever get rid of him? He is so good.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

too old

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Mob posted:

"HEY HBK I BET THE H STANDS FOR HOMO, AND TRIPLE H I BET YOUR H STANDS FOR HOMO. YOU TWO BAREBACKIN HOMOS."

--Bret Hart

When did Bret say this? Because I keep reading this in Bret's voice in my head and I can't stop laughing.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

and fat and southern and has bells palsy and doesn't have the tv look they want the announcers to have

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Every radio appearance he makes he sounds great. Was he really getting bad at the end? I get not having him do every show, but couldn't he handle Raw and the PPVs? Michael Cole is terrible.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I don't remember that, but I do remember "I know what the H stands for, Homo Hearst Helmsley."

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

Old money doesn't buy senate seats, they buy senators.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
The first Raw in early August 1993 when Cornette shows up is great. Heenan's build for him is great and then they have an amazing walk close to each other and hug. The segment is a must watch to me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Niwrad posted:

Every radio appearance he makes he sounds great. Was he really getting bad at the end? I get not having him do every show, but couldn't he handle Raw and the PPVs? Michael Cole is terrible.

They just don't think he's the right guy for their current product. He wasn't so good in the 3 man booth they used in his last run, but he wasn't really in his element. He'd be their best announcer but Vince just isn't into JR.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

fart blood posted:

When did Bret say this? Because I keep reading this in Bret's voice in my head and I can't stop laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVbNXI3AK-U

Around 9:30 if it doesn't start there automatically.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

yeah when they were doing the three man booth they still had Michael Cole do all of the play by play and JR's job was to just get annoyed when nobody else was paying attention to the match

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Niwrad posted:

No, either Vince or Kevin Dunn or both think he's too old and southern and people might think sports entertainment is for inbred hicks or something if they hear him. He's not TV enough.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Luigi Thirty posted:

No, either Vince or Kevin Dunn or both think he's too old and southern and people might think sports entertainment is for inbred hicks or something if they hear him. He's not TV enough.

Kevin "Bucky Beaver" Dunn calling someone else "not TV enough" is loving hysterical.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Kevin "Bucky Beaver" Dunn calling someone else "not TV enough" is loving hysterical.

Yeah but you never see Dunn on tv do you?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

joshtothemaxx posted:

Yeah but you never see Dunn on tv do you?

True. But with the money he makes, he could've had his teeth fixed years ago. Ross can't exactly get surgery to fix the several Bell's Palsy attacks he's suffered that's left his face in various states of paralysis for life.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JR does seem to be a little harder to understand as he gets older. Just from one-off interviews I've seen and some of the later Legends of Wrestling stuff, he definitely doesn't seem to be as understandable as he once was.

That being said, I still loving love him and would be absolutely ecstatic to hear him on TV every week, or even just at the PPVs. He's the voice of pro-wrestling to me; I grew up with Vince, Jesse, Gorilla and The Brain in the 80's, but as a teen and onward in the 90's JR definitely became the voice that was most attached to wrestling. I miss him.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I was pretty tired of JR mixing up the names of guys all the time and stumbling through every 10th sentence on Raw before he was removed for the last time he's pretty much too old. Michael cole is good the problem with the commentary is always Vince

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
The problem with the team is Cole is boring and Lawler needs to retire.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Phenix Rising posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVbNXI3AK-U

Around 9:30 if it doesn't start there automatically.

Holy poo poo, wasn't expecting that bare back line drop from the hit man. gently caress

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Vintimus Prime posted:

Holy poo poo, wasn't expecting that bare back line drop from the hit man. gently caress

Brett trying to fit into the Attitude era was weird and sad.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

joshtothemaxx posted:

The problem with the team is Cole is boring and Lawler needs to retire.

Pretty much, yeah... Cole's bland as hell, JBL can't decide whether or not he's a heel, and Lawler's an awkward third wheel. Part of me wonders if Jerry has PG Era Standards and Practices breathing down his neck, and he's afraid to say anything even remotely like what he used to.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

epitasis posted:

I was pretty tired of JR mixing up the names of guys all the time and stumbling through every 10th sentence on Raw before he was removed for the last time he's pretty much too old. Michael cole is good the problem with the commentary is always Vince

Another reason JR was fired, he wouldn't do the Vince proxy thing.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Bray: I am Satan walking the Earth and in my spare time like to sacrifice babies to goats. Tiiiiiiiiime is on myyyyyyy side.

Cole: Ladies and gentlemen moments ago Bray Wyatt inferred that he is Beelzebub. :geno:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

DeathChicken posted:

Bray: I am Satan walking the Earth and in my spare time like to sacrifice babies to goats. Tiiiiiiiiime is on myyyyyyy side.

Cole: Ladies and gentlemen moments ago Bray Wyatt inferred that he is Beelzebub. :geno:

You infer, he implies :eng101:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Shima Honnou posted:

Another reason JR was fired, he wouldn't do the Vince proxy thing.

I thought Vince used to respect that. I remember JR saying at least once that Vince would hammer on him to say something, he wouldn't listen and ignore it then later Vince would ask him "Did you ignore me telling you to say X?" And JR would say "Yes" and Vince went "Good, it would have been stupid to say."

Then again, I always heard that Vince considered JR a friend, it's just that Vince is loving insane and horribly abusive to his friends while thinking that he's just ribbing them. Which just goes to show, never be Vince McMahons friend.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also don't be near him in a parking lot or he'll challenge you to a race in which he'll try to kill you.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

DeathChicken posted:

Also don't be near him in a parking lot or he'll challenge you to a race in which he'll try to kill you.

Also his car might blow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

Pretty much, yeah... Cole's bland as hell, JBL can't decide whether or not he's a heel, and Lawler's an awkward third wheel. Part of me wonders if Jerry has PG Era Standards and Practices breathing down his neck, and he's afraid to say anything even remotely like what he used to.

Well you can rest assured it isn't, because he's been like this since JR was fired in 2005. Jonathan Coachman became the new heel announcer, and Lawler became a lifeless, boring babyface announcer. He quit without leaving.