Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
For some reason, every time I put on a Takeshi Kitano movie, I either fall asleep or turn it off 20 minutes in. This has happened with Sonatine, Outrage, and Beyond Outrage. I don't even know what the gently caress, it's not like I don't like yakuza movies or slow, meditative thrillers (I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum who knows me by name knows how unbelievably gay I am for Nicolas Winding Refn). :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

YOTD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EufLuiy2ANc

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

:sbahj:

Honestly I don't even have any issues with vagina blood (speaking from way too much personal experience) and that still made me a little queasy.

e: On an unrelated note, why the gently caress do cops like Taco Bell so much around here? :psyduck: Tonight is like, the tenth time I've decided to randomly go into Taco Bell to get food and witnessed a pig convention going on.

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 07:47 on May 8, 2014

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Honestly I don't even have any issues with vagina blood (speaking from way too much personal experience) and that still made me a little queasy.

Looks like grenadine to me.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

SALT CURES HAM posted:

e: On an unrelated note, why the gently caress do cops like Taco Bell so much around here? :psyduck: Tonight is like, the tenth time I've decided to randomly go into Taco Bell to get food and witnessed a pig convention going on.

Please tell us more about your vagina blood experiences.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Since when does Taco Bell serve donuts? I must have missed that memo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can somebody create a SMG thread so every 4th thread can stop being derailed by people pissing on his posts? It's getting pretty goddamed annoying.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Cops are at Taco Bell because they are trying to catch kids selling or smoking weed.

I only worked at a Taco Bell/KFC for a month but was smoked up by customers like three times. Once a dude in the drive thru ended the guy at the window a blunt and told him to let everyone working hit it.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Please tell us more about your vagina blood experiences.

And let's unban Jefferoo while we're at it.

e: CPL, clean out your inbox you slob.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 8, 2014

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

e: CPL, clean out your inbox you slob.

OK, I did it. But just a heads up, I'm not going to have any vagina blood stories.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The Argento cut is certainly more worthwhile than the Extended Festival Cut, at least.

And yeah, even as an inveterate Snyder-hater, Dawn 2004 is very good. Best horror remake of the 2000s probably?

In a world where Aja's Hills Have Eyes remake doesn't exist, yeah.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
Speaking of vaginas, I just discovered that when you use hand lotion that you've had for years, it takes on a very "fishy" smell.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wilhelm Scream posted:

In a world where Aja's Hills Have Eyes remake doesn't exist, yeah.
The Hills Have Eyes remake was really good, yeah, but Dawn 2004 was undoubtedly better.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dear fat stupid rear end in a top hat in the comic book store,

Yes I understand that the new Spider-Man movie has been out for five days already, but some of us actually have friends they'd like to see it with so we haven't gone yet. So you are actually being rude when I politely ask you not to ruin the ending. Thanks.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 8, 2014

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

Dear fat stupid rear end in a top hat on the comic book store,

Surprised he got up there.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Surprised he got up there.

You shut it.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Mary Jane kills Dumbledore.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

wyoming posted:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

wyoming posted:

Electro dies when he rides Goblin's sled named Rosebud.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

Dear fat stupid rear end in a top hat in the comic book store,

Yes I understand that the new Spider-Man movie has been out for five days already, but some of us actually have friends they'd like to see it with so we haven't gone yet. So you are actually being rude when I politely ask you not to ruin the ending. Thanks.

Honestly...it doesn't really mean much to be honest.

The movie could've not had it, and it would literally be the same flick. But I really hate the thing, and love the Raimis, so feel free to not listen to my opinion about Spider-Men.

But I understand your frustration about dumb elitist comic book men.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Electro dies when he rides Goblin's sled named Rosebud.
Peter Parker is Electro's father and doesn't get on the plane. Also Mary Jane, Betty Brant, and Felicia Hardy were dead the whole time.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CloseFriend posted:

Peter Parker is Electro's father and doesn't get on the plane. Also Mary Jane, Betty Brant, and Felicia Hardy were dead the whole time.

Hornswoggle was the Green Goblin the whole time.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CloseFriend posted:

The plane Peter Parker's parents are on crashes into some snow and the camera zooms out to reveal that it was all inside an autistic child's snow globe.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Honestly...it doesn't really mean much to be honest.

The movie could've not had it, and it would literally be the same flick. But I really hate the thing, and love the Raimis, so feel free to not listen to my opinion about Spider-Men.

But I understand your frustration about dumb elitist comic book men.

Yeah, it's not even about the specific movie so much as it is that I hate this one loving guy. Getting all indignant when I politely ask you not to talk about the ending of a movie that's been out less than a week is a dick move. This is the same dumb mother fucker who was saying that girls can't possibly enjoy superhero movies and/or comic books. He's basically one of these morons who thinks that "being a nerd" involves some set of silently agreed upon rules instead of having social skills.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm with you man. I'm a nerd, but I have the ability to know when not to spoil a movie regardless if it's "comic book lore 101" or not. Some people (like me) don't read comics. The only reason I know is because I bought something with that certain comic right after I saw the Raimi Spider-Man.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

CPL593H posted:

Yeah, it's not even about the specific movie so much as it is that I hate this one loving guy. Getting all indignant when I politely ask you not to talk about the ending of a movie that's been out less than a week is a dick move. This is the same dumb mother fucker who was saying that girls can't possibly enjoy superhero movies and/or comic books. He's basically one of these morons who thinks that "being a nerd" involves some set of silently agreed upon rules instead of having social skills.

This dude is a garbage trash person. Next time let him know he's the reason people still make fun of "nerds"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CPL593H posted:

Gimme the address I'll drive down and stab him in the black, twisted mass that passes for his heart.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
My only problem with the Dawn Of The Dead remake is the little coda at the end seems entirely unnecessary, it makes what's implicit and unsaid overly explicit.

Oh wikipedia said that it was added later after test audiences complained, that makes sense

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Today's YTOTD is an afterschool special: What If I'm Gay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBJTUT41uas&t=24s

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Rhyno posted:

Can somebody create a SMG thread so every 4th thread can stop being derailed by people pissing on his posts? It's getting pretty goddamed annoying.

I'm really unsure what to do about the SMG situation, but that ain't it.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Holy poo poo, that is one young Evan Handler.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBJTUT41uas&t=24s

Man how do you find this poo poo? I thought I was good at finding weird poo poo on sites dedicated to weird poo poo, but turning this poo poo up on youtube is impressive.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Vargo posted:

Here's my idea: Make a rule that nobody can actually talk about SMG. You can respond to his posts but you can't talk about him.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

DNS posted:

Here's my idea: Make a rule that nobody can actually talk about SMG. You can respond to his posts but you can't talk about him.

It's probaby going to be something like this, but the problem is that it's a ittle hypocritical since 90% of what we do here is talking about other posters.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Vargo posted:

I wouldn't even call it a situation, its just that every time some non-regular rolls in and wants to throw down against the forces of "pretension" so endemic to CineD they invariably pick SMG as the windmill against which they will tilt. Pretty much the only ways to stop it would be banning SMG (which would be phenomenally loving stupid) or cracking down on people responding to him (which will probably end with a lot of the shittier posters throwing a tantrum and making things worse.)

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
If Dickeye is allowed to run roughshod over General Chat, let the man talk about unfettered capital and whatever else.

Literally The Worst posted:

Man how do you find this poo poo? I thought I was good at finding weird poo poo on sites dedicated to weird poo poo, but turning this poo poo up on youtube is impressive.

There's multiple channels with TV movies and afterschool specials on them. You get ten clicks into the sidebar and this is what turns up eventually.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

There's multiple channels with TV movies and afterschool specials on them. You get ten clicks into the sidebar and this is what turns up eventually.

I gotta start clicking I guess. I love weird afterschool specials and "educational" films.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Vargo posted:

It's probaby going to be something like this, but the problem is that it's a ittle hypocritical since 90% of what we do here is talking about other posters.

I mean, you could just make a thread for oddball film criticism and give him a vacation from the forums if he ventures out of it. That way, the people who like him get to read his stuff and he gets to continue sharing it, but he doesn't endlessly derail threads with his very presence.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I mean, you could just make a thread for oddball film criticism and give him a vacation from the forums if he ventures out of it. That way, the people who like him get to read his stuff and he gets to continue sharing it, but he doesn't endlessly derail threads with his very presence.

Why exactly should he be punished for effort posting when he rarely actually breaks the rules?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

SMG should be encouraged to post more because he's one of the few posters who facilitates lots of discussion just by posting.

• Locked thread