Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Kakaricho posted:

"Obama's in Tokyo so security's tight. This is the 6th time I've been stopped today, it`s pissin' me off!*"

Abe's twitter is great.

*Cameras and the like are getting special attention, according to NHK.

Could so easily mistake him for Yakuza the way he looks there. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Must be the reason he was stopped so often.

Abe's great, who doesn't love him?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Oh, Arino. :allears:

RGC2 is looking good, guys.

Seriously can't wait to play this!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Become better at games than Arino? What a crazy distant dream!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Become better at games than Arino? What a crazy distant dream!

I long for the day when I can be better than Arino. Now I'm off to throw myself into the same pit for three hours in a row.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's weird because at this point he's a beaten a ton of legitimately difficult games but you could make him replay Super Mario World again right now and he'd still die hundreds of times

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

RadicalR posted:

Oh, Arino. :allears:

RGC2 is looking good, guys.

Seriously can't wait to play this!
I'm pretty sure "Power up your skills" was a slogan for some NES-era third party controller or 1-900 hint line kids used to drive up their parent's phone bill get help for their video games. If it wasn't, it definitely sounds like one. :v:

Seriously though, I'm happy to see that there is great progress being made on RGC2. :)

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Yeah, it's pretty close to being done, from what I understand the only non-background text that hasn't been translated is the opponent dialogue in Triotos, after that it should be close to alpha/beta and bug- and typofixing.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Could so easily mistake him for Yakuza the way he looks there. :haw:

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!

"You WILL remember to continue this time, won't you Arino? No pressure."

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Stabe :ohdear:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

You know, the problem with Arino is that you can't have him cut off his fingers for a transgression. He needs those fingers to play the games. Unless the show were to take a much darker turn and chronicle of Arino's descent into the Japanese underworld.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Watching the Megaman X video, all I could think about are all the elephant puns that will have to be translated.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
So I just learned that I can't send my Arino and Hamaguchi miis from my Japanese to American 3DS.

Does anyone have QR codes for good versions of them so I can have them ready for Tomodachi Life?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Another speedrun marathon (Crystals For Life, starting shortly: http://www.crystalsforlife.ca/) means another sweet Nina shirt: http://theyetee.com/c4l/detail.php?itemid=c4l-wondershot

Here's the link to the other shirts for the marathon: http://www.theyetee.com/c4l

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yep, I need to own that. Ordered.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

According to the episode description for #179, Mega Man X part two "Amidst the despair, a new AD appears!", so it looks like Matsui might be finished after all.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I am so psyched to play Retro Game Challenge 2.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
So I'm following a manga called Himouto Umaru-Chan, and the latest translated chapter kicks off a fighting game tournament arc among the champions from different regions.

One of the competitors seems strangely familiar:

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 1, 2014

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

So I'm following a manga called Himouto Umaru-Chan, and the latest translated chapter kicks off a fighting game tournament among the champions from different regions.

One of the competitors seems strangely familiar:

Please tell me all he does is throw fireballs.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

Random Stranger posted:

"Yoga Fire!...Yoga Fire!...I managed to win with just projectiles"

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

Actually He gives up

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Yay, my Retro Game Master DVD arrived, sadly the top part of the spine cracked in shipping, and the plastic tore a bit of the sleeve, so zari-gani's beautiful artwork inside is a bit ruined. :saddowns: Also I got the Retro Game Challenge DS game weeks ago and now all I have to do is beat Haggleman 3.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

My GCCX craving is getting worse. When does the part 2 of the Mega Man X challenge air?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Azazell0 posted:

My GCCX craving is getting worse. When does the part 2 of the Mega Man X challenge air?

It starts at midnight JST time zone. That would be 11 AM Eastern Time which is about 2 hours from now.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

In the latest episode, Matsui's gone without a formal goodbye. Here's the new AD .

Also, next time is an adventure game, Speculation?

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 8, 2014

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Kakaricho posted:

In the latest episode, Matsui's gone without a formal goodbye. Here's the new AD .

Oh god it's Carrottop's Japanese cousin!

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

RadicalR posted:

Oh god it's Carrottop's Japanese cousin!

Naah. Not nearly enough steroids.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kakaricho posted:

(didn't catch his name) He seems to have a history playing handball. I wonder if Defense Machine will be his nickname from now on.

The arcade trip in the Rockman X 2nd part was great. Can anyone explain what the deal is with the new segment? They just hang out at a hot springs spa and play the Nintendobox?

e: probably not spoiler-worthy

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 9, 2014

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Azazell0 posted:

Can anyone explain what the deal is with the new segment? They just hang out at a hot springs spa and play the Nintendobox?
Even though I know very little Japanese (I've learned a few words from watching GCCX, mostly thanks to the SAGCCX crew :)), I'm thinking you got the point down, especially since a lot of the games seem to be the very early Famicom/NES arcadey games that didn't have actual endings outside of the first Super Mario Bros. I don't remember which other games were featured, but SMB1 is the only one that I remember that has an actual ending.

I'm more curious to know if Arino recognized the controller on the Famicom Box is an NES controller, which I'm going to assume he first encountered in the USA trip special unless he stayed in a hotel with a Famicom Box in the 80s or 90s, rather than a Famicom controller when he first saw it. In the first episode of the segment (which I think was MMX part 1?), it looked like he recognized the controller right away, so I assume he did.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"
Game Center CX - What the hell, Tank Machine?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

What game would require the most text overlays? Because that's the one they'll do just to spite me.

Obeast posted:

I'm more curious to know if Arino recognized the controller on the Famicom Box is an NES controller, which I'm going to assume he first encountered in the USA trip special unless he stayed in a hotel with a Famicom Box in the 80s or 90s, rather than a Famicom controller when he first saw it. In the first episode of the segment (which I think was MMX part 1?), it looked like he recognized the controller right away, so I assume he did.

The NES has shown up on the show during a trip to Super Potato.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Azazell0 posted:

(didn't catch his name) He seems to have a history playing handball. I wonder if Defense Machine will be his nickname from now on.

The arcade trip in the Rockman X 2nd part was great. Can anyone explain what the deal is with the new segment? They just hang out at a hot springs spa and play the Nintendobox?

His last name is Yanai. Didn't think about posting it yesterday, sorry.

The Famicombox was apparently pretty popular back in the Famicom's heyday, a lot of hot spring resorts and hotels had them, but there's practically none of them left now. I think the gimmick of this segment is the rarity of the machine, plus trying to play games in the ten minute per 100 yen time limit (the segment's subtitle is "10 minutes is enough").

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 9, 2014

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

I've been wondering if/when they'll do Capcom's Baseball Murders.

Sandata
Mar 19, 2010

Kakaricho posted:

His last name is Yanai. Didn't think about posting it yesterday, sorry.

"The Famicombox,"

"plus trying to play games in the ten minute per 100 yen time limit"

So its basically like the NES Arcade? Looking the system up it seems for some reason they use a USA cart and the pins are very different. I Have not seen the episode so maybe I'm just repeating here.

Anyway, here ya go > http://famicomworld.com/system/other/famicombox/

Sandata fucked around with this message at 12:13 on May 10, 2014

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGxOjgLojeM

It's beautiful

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Nickoten posted:

I am so psyched to play Retro Game Challenge 2.

It's pretty great. I managed to stumble through it without knowing any Japanese, but it will be nice to replay it and actually understand what's going on. I had to skip the adventure game and the RPG so I'm looking forward to those ones the most.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
IMO, beautiful is an understatement. I'm actually shocked that it's looking this good right now since it sounds like a handful of people are working on it, and I love that they're reusing the RGC1 English fonts or a very similar font to keep it consistent. :)

NBHS posted:

Naah. Not nearly enough steroids.
He's not Carrot Top's cousin until Norm MacDonald makes fun of an actress who co-starred in a movie starring Carrot Top's cousin on national TV just because it stars Carrot Top's cousin. :v:

Obeast fucked around with this message at 09:11 on May 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Sandata posted:

So its basically like the NES Arcade? Looking the system up it seems for some reason they use a USA cart and the pins are very different. I Have not seen the episode so maybe I'm just repeating here.

Anyway, here ya go > http://famicomworld.com/system/other/famicombox/

Seems to be pretty much exactly that. When they introduced the machine in episode 177 they did point out the games, controller and zapper were the same as the NES, not the Famicom, but didn't explain why. Maybe to speed up production and make them more interchangeable?