Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
For all the dogwhistle racism we have to put up with from the American cartoonists, Arend Van Dam is a wonderful reminder that at least in the USA our racism is required to be dogwhistled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

fade5 posted:

Someone mentioned Ramirez's compulsive need to fill space, so on a whim I decided to clean this cartoon up a bit, removing the fake math and also filling in Ramirez's goddamn halos.

It actually looks a hell of a lot better.:pwn: It's still a lovely cartoon, but goddamn, at least you can see words now and it's not just a busy, jumbled mess. The people look a little bit better without halos as well.
C+O2+L= COOL
e=mc HAMMER

Pretty much tells you all you need to know about the amount of contempt Rameriz has for the field of science in general.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I cannot believe the loving "THEY PREDICTED GLOBAL COOLING IN THE 70s" myth is still around.

Wait, yes I can :smith:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

inthesto posted:

For all the dogwhistle racism we have to put up with from the American cartoonists, Arend Van Dam is a wonderful reminder that at least in the USA our racism is required to be dogwhistled.

That may not be a huge perk. At least in other countries you would know they are just hateful instead of possibly being too dumb to notice that they are being hateful.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Ammat The Ankh posted:

If their mother wasn't around to feed them, those piglets would die.

A sow, being large and heavy, will often roll over while feeding, crushing the piglets. A cartoon that gets to it's point by the long way.

But seriously, who are then piglets? Agencies? States? Politicians? Colonies? Actual farming subsidies? All it says is 'the government feeds things'. A Budget 101 cartoon.

The government, hideously overwieight, is fed upon by lesser creatures who care only for the 'milk' it provides now, rather than helping it survive longer. A lobbyist/MP's Expenses/corruption cartoon.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"Remember when we yearned to be free in Europe by being total dickheads pushing our beliefs on everyone to the point that we were told to :getout:?"

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

You can just feel the sheer bile that McCoy must feel for Michelle Obama emanating from that picture. Look how he managed to amp up his cognitive dissonance long enough to draw her with an enormous rear end (because every single black woman has one) as well as broad shoulders and defined, muscular arms (because she's some kind of gross, manly health-nut) at the same time. Not to mention whatever the gently caress is going on with that face

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Elfface posted:

But seriously, who are then piglets? Agencies? States? Politicians? Colonies? Actual farming subsidies?

SedanChair posted:

I think I know why you're having trouble. He left a label off:

made of bees
May 21, 2013

Internet Webguy posted:

That may not be a huge perk. At least in other countries you would know they are just hateful instead of possibly being too dumb to notice that they are being hateful.

I don't know, based on the Zwarte Piet conversation that happens every year it just seems that Dutch people have trouble acknowledging even the most blatant of racism.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

C+O2+L= COOL
e=mc HAMMER

Pretty much tells you all you need to know about the amount of contempt Rameriz has for the field of science in general.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Its that time again!
Featuring: video games!

VVVVVVV
and what did you learn?

JaggerMcDagger fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 10, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I just read all that text.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

SedanChair posted:

That is really the least compelling narration I have ever read in a published work.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

SedanChair posted:

Same. Reading's supposed to make you smarter, right? Cuz I just feel dumber after reading a page of Rall-drivel. What was the point of anything in that?

Come home from work, have to babysit rear end in a top hat kids (for... reasons? Does she pay him? I thought he was at least well-off because corporate sell-out unit-trader dude?)

New video game sucks, here's some economic news that's supposed to sound dire but for the last 14 years just seems like every day.

Throw in a dig at Madonna, I guess he had a conversation with her once about how some pop album was unlistenable today and all she could do was tout its historical significance?

Rall and Muir, more than any other cartoonists in this thread, just need loving help.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Its that time again!

VVVVVVV
and what did you learn?

Digital data: So easy to erase!
Print: IMPOSSIBLE TO DESTROY, PAPER IS AS DIAMOND

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

chairface posted:

Rall and Muir, more than any other cartoonists in this thread, just need loving help.

When they end up collaborating would you rather Rall did the art and Muir the text or the other way around?

Day by my war with Brian's penis (penis may be a drone metaphor)

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Meanwhile Oliphant comes up with his own heroic wankfantasy.

It might help if we knew exactly where the girls were (and weren't likely to get them killed coming in guns blazing)

Loeb CL
Nov 18, 2011

Hey Bish, the Pilgrims went to the Netherlands in search of religious tolerance and they found it and hated it. That's why they went to Virginia and founded a theocracy.

Occupy Sesame Street!
Nov 20, 2012

Loeb CL posted:

Hey Bish, the Pilgrims went to the Netherlands in search of religious tolerance and they found it and hated it. That's why they went to Virginia and founded a theocracy.

Source on this? I might be horribly uneducated but I want to know more about this.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Ammat The Ankh posted:

It might help if we knew exactly where the girls were (and weren't likely to get them killed coming in guns blazing)

No SEALs are literally perfect and incapable of the slightest error. Point them in the general direction of Africa and ten minutes later the girls are freed.

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

*For the Ghost Who Flies Through Space

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Its that time again!

VVVVVVV
and what did you learn?

This is so obviously autobiographical it's just pathetic.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Yeah, that jumped out at me too. The instant digital censorship is the first thing that would actually make this comic qualify as a modern updating of 1984, but if everything's digital how does Big Brother combat piracy?

The biggest problem with this conception of dystopia is that I don't understand how the rabble are kept down. Are protesters locked away? Is propaganda just that effective? The government seems to exert less authority over the populace than they do in real life! Mostly this comic seems less about a horrible repressive regime and more just a nation of assholes.

MisterBadIdea fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 10, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Taciturn Tactician posted:

What's hilarious is that this is supposed to be an updated version of 1984 and yet it is arguing that print records are the only way to TRULY know what was real in history.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

PlotDevice posted:

This is so obviously autobiographical it's just pathetic.

If you're correct, that's pretty great considering Rall's attempt at making up poo poo for satirical parody winds up as autobiographical whining, and his two autobiographies are made up poo poo that devolved into self parody.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
gently caress it I'm bored.

quote:

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
That tapestry bird looks so smug, it's perfect.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Well, killing incompetent militants in the dead of night with tacticool gear and writing stories about how it was epic win is kind of their thing, but "wankfantasy" is an apt.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Total Panels in Rall's Comic Without Text Captions: 3

Holy crap, a record! Although that news cast is basically a text caption with an ounce of creative thinking.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Saint Sputnik posted:

gently caress it I'm bored.

Stop posting. :doom:

Then get bored enough to make more! :f5:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

T-man posted:

Stop posting. :doom:

Then get bored enough to make more! :f5:

quote:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SedanChair posted:

Goondolences

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

DRONES

Seriously, there are already DRONES in this pre-Obama Rall work.

Not literally, but still.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

In another installment of So Close To Getting It (mixed with some lies), this stupid thing keeps popping up on my facebook:

SO GODDAMN CLOSE :argh:

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Shugojin posted:

In another installment of So Close To Getting It (mixed with some lies), this stupid thing keeps popping up on my facebook:

SO GODDAMN CLOSE :argh:

I agree let's make the rich pay their fair share. They own 90% of the wealth they should be paying % 90 of the tax.

In fact, as the great lord of Capitalism has decreed that the rich should pay more than the portion that they receive, make it 95%.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Mister Adequate posted:

No SEALs are literally perfect and incapable of the slightest error. Point them in the general direction of Africa and ten minutes later the girls are freed.

And this exact line of reasoning is why people on TV are still screaming about Benghazi.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Rorus Raz posted:

I cannot believe the loving "THEY PREDICTED GLOBAL COOLING IN THE 70s" myth is still around.

Wait, yes I can :smith:
Can you explain the myth to me, just in case I have to counter it in an argument.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

achillesforever6 posted:

Can you explain the myth to me, just in case I have to counter it in an argument.

I'm interested in countering it too, because my dad has made this argument a bunch of times. He also argues that the "hockey stick" has been discredited, therefore global warming has been proven false.

EDIT:
Bwahaha how in the gently caress does giving diplomats a tank serve Argentina's diplomatic interests? Is the Don trying to pick a fight with the largest military in the world?

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 10, 2014

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

I've decided we should get Muir in touch with Jay Naylor. These military empowerment fantasies are right up his alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

America is going to bomb Argentina in Muir's world.

• Locked thread