Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

NEXT ISSUE: PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH

:stare: Do his eyes light up or something??? Or are they supposed to be soulless black voids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
JET JAGUAR, gently caress YEAH!

I never get tired of how very, very goofy Jet Jaguar looks. Tokusatsu movies and shows are full of goofy stuff, but Jet Jaguar is a gem.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Jiro posted:

:stare: Do his eyes light up or something??? Or are they supposed to be soulless black voids?

Pretty much:

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

No, that's from the Point One issue.

It's from Captain Marvel #17 (Carol's first volume). Kamala's Point One story was done by the same artist as her ongoing.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

funtax posted:

Pretty much:

Ha, that reminds me of the Green Goblin mask from the first Spider Man movie.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Zero_Tactility posted:

JET JAGUAR, gently caress YEAH!

I never get tired of how very, very goofy Jet Jaguar looks. Tokusatsu movies and shows are full of goofy stuff, but Jet Jaguar is a gem.

They are a very blatant rip off of Ultraman.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

WickedHate posted:

They are a very blatant rip off of Ultraman.

The Ultra series ripped off Godzilla first so that's only fair. :colbert:
At least they made their own costume instead of sticking random bits onto old Toho monsters.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

STAND BY FOR ACTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRPWHrufy4o

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
This thread totally got me hooked on Strong Female Protagonist and Rat Queens. They are both really loving good. Is there anything else in that vein around here?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
You might like Skull Kickers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

From the latest volume of Punisher issue 5.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Affi posted:

This thread totally got me hooked on Strong Female Protagonist and Rat Queens. They are both really loving good. Is there anything else in that vein around here?

John Rogers' (sadly ended) DnD series is like 30 proceeding issues of Rat Queens.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

muscles like this? posted:

From the latest volume of Punisher issue 5.

Sylvester Stallone as Frank Castle as Crossbones

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For some reason when he moved to LA Frank started wearing a mask.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

It's really cool.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

His face isn't know by every single cop in LA so he can walk around without a disguise this way.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Also it was a pretty good deal online
It's something I really dig of this run, Frank's wearing real Punisher clothes on top of Daredevil and Hawkguy shirts, so I'm assuming he's simply buying his clothes online and decided to wear the sick merch that's based on himself.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Affi posted:

By "that vein" you mean kickass comics with female protagonists?

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/
Reach Heaven Through Violence

You might also want to check out Paranatural, which is more of an action-comedy.

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 12, 2014

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That main character is an airhead who is having all the plot explained to her around her. She's not a hero yet. It also seems to be updating once a month now.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
I wouldn't say she's an airhead so much as the world she's thrown into is simply incomprehensible. It's so huge and alien that she hasn't had a chance to make any decisions yet. It's a pretty wild comic, though!

Affi posted:

Those comics are both super great, but they're also very far apart in tone. What aspects of them do you enjoy most?

Squidster fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 12, 2014

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

IUG posted:

That main character is an airhead who is having all the plot explained to her around her. She's not a hero yet. It also seems to be updating once a month now.

The comic is kickass, though the protagonist isn't yet. The author is only just finishing explaining the basics of the setting, she just needs some time to adapt and grow.

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 12, 2014

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
If your criteria is 'awesome ladies doing awesome things' then I do recommend Delilah Dirk, a book I picked up at TCAF.

It's a swashbuckling tale of an adventuress in India, as she sails a flying boat, entangles her best bro Selim into hijinks, and drinks excellent tea.

It is super chill.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Ted Neifeh's Courtney Crumrin is also a pretty badass series of comics about a small girl who discovers that her uncle is a powerful warlock and she gets caught up in all sorts of complicated magical affairs involving dark underworld creatures.

The bad guys always assume that a small girl will be easy prey. This never goes well for them.

The series wrapped up last year and has been collected into graphic novels.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 13, 2014

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
Does Bowie from "Orc Stain" count? She's hyper-competent and pretty much running the entire show at this point even though technically One-Eye is the "hero".

Assuming there's ever an issue #8, anyway.

"Pretty Deadly" is also full of good female characters and is just overall an incredible goddamn book. You could post about half the pages in this thread, really.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Heresiarch posted:

"Pretty Deadly" is also full of good female characters and is just overall an incredible goddamn book. You could post about half the pages in this thread, really.

This. I read the first trade yesterday and it is completely awesome.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Ostensibly, Mina is the central protagonist in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and now the series has spun off into the misadventures of incredibly badassed lady pirate Janni Nemo, so there's that.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

IUG posted:

Was flipping through the author's tumblr and came across some concept art of the protagonist. Presumably where she'll eventually end up characterization-wise:

"A gal’s best friend is FOUR FOOT OF DEADLY METAL, a head full of INTERDIMENSIONAL WIZARDRY, and ADVENTURE."

Seems like good times are on their way. Eventually.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Iron Man #25: When last we left Tony Stark, he was trying to capture the rings of the Mandarin, which were being stolen by the dark elf Malekith (villain of the previous arc of Thor God of Thunder and also villain of the new Thor movie) but his plan to just use a stealth suit and sneak into Svartalfheim backfired hard. So instead of saying "gently caress it" and getting out of there, he said "gently caress it" and called in his back up plan: A big-rear end armor that is composed entirely of iron (note for those not big on mythology: elves are basically deadly allergic to iron)

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 16, 2014

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

TwoPair posted:

Iron Man #25: When last we left Tony Stark, he was trying to capture the rings of the Mandarin, which were being stolen by the dark elf Malekith (villain of the previous arc of Thor God of Thunder and also villain of the new Thor movie) but his plan to just use a stealth suit and sneak into Svartalfheim backfired hard. So instead of saying "gently caress it" and getting out of there, he said "gently caress it" and called in his back up plan: A big-rear end armor that is composed entirely of iron (note those not big on mythology: elves are basically deadly allergic to iron)

Oh goodness it's like watching the Na'vi from Avatar getting their asses kicked. :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The cloud of iron filings was brilliant.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Alacron posted:

Oh goodness it's like watching the Na'vi from Avatar getting their asses kicked. :allears:

Which makes it even more awesome in my eyes. I think this would be an appropriate quote:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Just in case anyone needed it;

BOOM.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The role of Iron Man will be played by Nextwave's Aaron Stack. :allears:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Lars Blitzer posted:

Which makes it even more awesome in my eyes. I think this would be an appropriate quote:

That is the most "white man" speech I've ever seen.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
lmao that's loving horrifying.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Lars Blitzer posted:

thanks, the Enlightenment!

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I presume Tony is supposed to be acting like a psychopath in the scene. It's Gillen so I'd presume he threw in the "bored now" quote for a reason.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

That is the most "white man" speech I've ever seen.

Apparently it's from Warhammer 40k, so yes, pretty much.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hakkesshu posted:

Apparently it's from Warhammer 40k, so yes, pretty much.

It`s really offputting to me how many WH40K fans and even later designers took the human empire from clearly evil corrupt fascism and turned it into glorious justified fascism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

It`s really offputting to me how many WH40K fans and even later designers took the human empire from clearly evil corrupt fascism and turned it into glorious justified fascism.

Well, you see, the Space Marines dress in cool robot armor...