Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Visidan posted:

I wonder if there is a melee engineer build, maybe something with power wrench?

Nah, not really. Wrench is essentially a mace (an already unpopular weapon) with one trait to support it (Power Wrench). Granted, it's a good trait but any enemy willing to engage you in melee is going to have greater variety and better options in that range than an Engineer. Power Wrench being 4 points deep in Tools doesn't help the cause, either.

Bombs would be a superior way to go in melee range, but that falls apart if the opponent decides to turn tail and run.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Have you tried esports?

Esports is the best, because I can get a ton of tomes of knowledge to cram down the mouth of my Mesmer, so I can learn how to play it when it's not garbage and then PvP with it.

Also, the melee Engineer build is all of them because they have rear end range (outside of auto attack) and do more damage in melee and let you exploit all your decapping skills. (unless you are using pistol instead of rifle(in which case I spit on you))

Minera fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 11, 2014

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Lonk is love. Lonk is life.

:allears:

Lonk fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 12, 2014

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Minrad posted:

Also, the melee Engineer build is all of them because they have rear end range (outside of auto attack) and do more damage in melee and let you exploit all your decapping skills. (unless you are using pistol instead of rifle(in which case I spit on you))

My Engineer is pistol / pistol because that's the character concept I had for her. :radcat:

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
:stare:

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.
can someone please link me the pic of Be Our Guest, most beautiful charr NA?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

weinus posted:

can someone please link me the pic of Be Our Guest, most beautiful charr NA?

This is the only one I can find, I can't find the one where has his 3 mesmer clones out with the nametags.

Bret Hart
Nov 28, 2010

Thatz Anime poo poo posted:

Probably not enough people though. Most seem content with everything new being procured through the BLTC cause "it's just cosmetic stuff". Season 2 is probably gonna be the exact same format, and if you return in a year from now, you might see a new fractal and some QoL improvements, perhaps they'll take out the Shatterer, slap a new coat of paint on him, and make him a "hardcore" event boss.

Unfortunately you are right. I wish it was more like the first guild wars, where they added tons of PERMANENT stuff to the game and not just "wheee scarlett fucks the world up again and now we have useless toxic events!"

Bret Hart
Nov 28, 2010

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Have you tried esports?

Okay what the hell is this e-sports thing I keep hearing about

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bret Hart posted:

Okay what the hell is this e-sports thing I keep hearing about

PvP.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
E-sports is this, but in the shape of a video game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABavfazPTjo

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

How did this happen.

CLAM DOWN posted:

This is the only one I can find, I can't find the one where has his 3 mesmer clones out with the nametags.

Ohh so that's what Charr were based on.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Visidan posted:

How did this happen.

Ohh so that's what Charr were based on.

Pretty much, except they aren't whiny cursed humans who need to induce Stockholm Syndrome on their potential mates to get them to love them before a rose wilts.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ApeHawk posted:

Pretty much, except they aren't whiny cursed humans who need to induce Stockholm Syndrome on their potential mates to get them to love them before a rose wilts.

Right, that's Logan.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Hey Turncoat, could you give me some pointers on my Engi's esports build?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlcTp6qVWx+KseNyahA6LdOJ6kLj+pAA-TJBBwAB3fgcZAAXAAIPAAA

Mostly wrt to rune/sigils/amulet, I dunno what's cool and I'm using items from whatever engineer guide I googled ages ago.

Minera fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 12, 2014

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Bret Hart posted:

Unfortunately you are right. I wish it was more like the first guild wars, where they added tons of PERMANENT stuff to the game and not just "wheee scarlett fucks the world up again and now we have useless toxic events!"

I'm more annoyed that they chose to emulate other MMOs as far as the world design. Rectangular maps evenly covered with families of red-named monsters that you'd never in your life stop to fight more than once because they just leash back. I really don't care to fight whatever most recent buttbot invasion with every single other person on the server at the same time, towns/outposts are for peacocking.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

ApeHawk posted:

Maybe all Charr are cursed princes and princesses, makes you think.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

I'm more annoyed that they chose to emulate other MMOs as far as the world design. Rectangular maps evenly covered with families of red-named monsters that you'd never in your life stop to fight more than once because they just leash back. I really don't care to fight whatever most recent buttbot invasion with every single other person on the server at the same time, towns/outposts are for peacocking.

It looks really goofy/bad on the world map, but I don't notice in the game world. Zones are fairly pretty and even walls are varied and interesting enough to not stand out.

My problem is that there's like, 3 total tilesets used for all the maps. They're well designed but it's hard to tell the difference between jungle area #1 and jungle area #6.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Goon Squad is now a Frogsura-only guild (with some token minorities too I guess). :getin:

Vargs fucked around with this message at 11:04 on May 12, 2014

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

Minrad posted:

Hey Turncoat, could you give me some pointers on my Engi's esports build?

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpWrlcxLLseNijxM6PS5iQFtozOiAA-TJxHwAOLDI4CAca/BAPAAA

Mostly wrt to rune/sigils/amulet, I dunno what's cool and I'm using items from whatever engineer guide I googled ages ago.

I'm no Turncoat/Laziness but I'll throw in some insight:

* You'll definitely be a pain in the rear end to kill with this (I assume your intention is bunker), but there's a lot of wasted potential:
* Why rifle and not Pistol/Shield?
* Why toolkit?
* You have no stun break (though you did pick the Melandru Rune for reduced duration). I think I'd rather go with a beefier set of Runes and take a stun break utility skill like Power Goggles or Thumper Turret.
* You have an odd mix of condition damage stuff (Flamethrower, Settler's Amulet) and power damage stuff (Rifle, Toolkit, Mine).

To be honest I'm not quite sure what sort of build you're going for (Damage, support, bunker, decap, whatever). If you explain what you're aiming for it'd be easier to give you advise.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

:psyduck: That isn't the build I punched into it last night, I assumed the site dynamically updated the URL like wowhead or something. I'll fix that link when I'm not phone posting in a few minutes, sorry.

E: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlcTp6qVWx+KseNyahA6LdOJ6kLj+pAA-TJBBwAB3fgcZAAXAAIPAAA (gently caress forgot to set some of my traits :downs:)

Gonna edit the old link too, oops.

My thoughts: I mostly solo queue so I wanted a well rounded build that can primarily teamfight mid without a problem, it comes down to winning the boon/condi war with an excess of boon/condi removal; even badly coordinated pubbies can win teamfights if the opponents have no boons. Plus it has Thumper and Rifle so it has no problem decapping in a pinch either, I almost never bunker with this build because it lacks the staying power when it could be hitting people off their point instead.

I only recently started using Elixir S when I found out the thrown effect is stealth, and decided I liked that more than Rocket Boots escape; being able to ambush people on, say, Skyhammer and ejecting them from the hammer is incredibly invaluable, and having a back up evade through Elixir S (usable while channeling!) is nice for executing people that I 100% need to die.

Minera fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 12, 2014

Thatz Anime Shit
Apr 29, 2007

Oh they still haven't fixed the party leader thing? Had to kick an offline guy (four braziers in COF1, need 5), turned out to be party leader, great way to disband before last boss.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

http://emberfoot.tumblr.com/

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Look at this scrub, only one of every race/class but not every race/class/gender.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

WHY.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Because MMO players.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Because the cap is 64, he'd need an additional 16 slots in order to make all races/sex combo's.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Batham posted:

Because the cap is 64, he'd need an additional 16 slots in order to make all races/sex combo's.

Someone should start a petition.

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 01100101 01110010
i like the clown asura

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Minrad posted:

:psyduck: That isn't the build I punched into it last night, I assumed the site dynamically updated the URL like wowhead or something. I'll fix that link when I'm not phone posting in a few minutes, sorry.

E: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlcTp6qVWx+KseNyahA6LdOJ6kLj+pAA-TJBBwAB3fgcZAAXAAIPAAA (gently caress forgot to set some of my traits :downs:)

My thoughts: I mostly solo queue so I wanted a well rounded build that can primarily teamfight mid without a problem, it comes down to winning the boon/condi war with an excess of boon/condi removal; even badly coordinated pubbies can win teamfights if the opponents have no boons. Plus it has Thumper and Rifle so it has no problem decapping in a pinch either, I almost never bunker with this build because it lacks the staying power when it could be hitting people off their point instead.

I only recently started using Elixir S when I found out the thrown effect is stealth, and decided I liked that more than Rocket Boots escape; being able to ambush people on, say, Skyhammer and ejecting them from the hammer is incredibly invaluable, and having a back up evade through Elixir S (usable while channeling!) is nice for executing people that I 100% need to die.

I don't know how much you like grenades but http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlcTp6qlYx+KseNCbBBqNI6jEln85DEgkC-TJxHwADuAAa2fAwDAoYZAA zerker amulet is also an option.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 12, 2014

CardinalBiggles
Jul 27, 2007

Minrad posted:

Here's the build I've been using in both solo and team queue to great success: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqelUUpPrVWx2KseRiaBNqzE6MG1AIyQmlPNAA-TpgRgAhlBA2fAA

It's based off a build I found on the forums with a few adjustments. It works great for decapping with tons of knockbacks, and it's one hell of a bunker with the constant heal from bombs and Backpack Regenerator.

You could move the 2 points from Tools to Alchemy if Speedy Kits isn't necessary. I had been slotting Elixir S but found using it felt more like a liability. And also I never get tired of shooting a giant rocket out of my crotch.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Turncoat Mommy posted:

I don't know how much you like grenades but http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlcTp6qlYx+KseNCbBBqNI6jEln85DEgkC-TJxHwADuAAa2fAwDAoYZAA zerker amulet is also an option.

Also known as the SUX build. I ran it for a good while and I can vouch for its effectiveness.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

ItBurns posted:

I'm running out of games to beat.

I know especially when they keep getting so serious.

The words cut harder than any internet knife :emo:

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Catchphrase ain't got poo poo on this player.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
At least that person used a variety of settings and made some unusual looking characters. I've seen other ridiculously large character collections that were all eerily identical-looking pretty girls -- including the asura!

quite the fucker posted:

i like the clown asura

TastesLikeChicken
Dec 30, 2007

Doesn't everything?

Oh HELL no. :stare:

If you need me, I'll be over here under my bed. :stare:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Turncoat Mommy posted:

CardinalBiggles posted:

Here's the build I've been using in both solo and team queue to great success: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqelUUpPrVWx2KseRiaBNqzE6MG1AIyQmlPNAA-TpgRgAhlBA2fAA

Thanks, I'll give both of these a try for some more variety. :)

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Mizuti posted:

unusual looking characters.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Dukka posted:

Catchphrase ain't got poo poo on this player.

I am a shameful man who only has 6 alts :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Thinking about playing again, are warriors still bad in pvp/Big battles?

• Locked thread