Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Crickey!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
No one loves Nickleback.

For good reason.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

This season fuckin rules

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hahaha heat stroke hallucinations

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Benson going "Ho-ly crap" to that sweet guitar riff is so great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something weird usually happens...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
But what is art?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Im glad they paid off on Mordicais art college background

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Eileen had a poster of Carl Sagan on her wall.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Eileen had a poster of Carl Sagan on her wall.

Eileen is a cool lady and, as I'm sure the show will reveal, way too good for Rigby.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

We totally need the star wipe, good episode again not sure why im shocked at this point.

The Croc fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 6, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Mordecai's top hat costume looked absolutely like something Vince Noir would wear. Made me want to re-watch the second season of Mighty Bush.

Oh, and there was this 'pull the strings' moment with bison herd stock footage from Glen or Glenda. Not the most obvious reference.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 6, 2014

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

"Pulling a Mordecai"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Destroy the phone with acid!

"Buy more planners"

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 12, 2014

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Frieeeeeeeend zooooooooone

Welcome back to the phone dimension!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I NEVER SHOULD HAVE CHANGED MY NAME FROM EUGENE MENDELMAN

edit: oh, these guys again

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh hey, it's the voicemail guys.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

At the risk of sounding like a shipper, I think CJ is better for Mordecai than Margaret.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CJ seems more into the weird stuff that Mordo likes. Margret was always kind of boring.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So do the writers. CJ is a more interesting character anyway.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Y-Hat posted:

At the risk of sounding like a shipper, I think CJ is better for Mordecai than Margaret.
Mordecai really wanted it to work out with Margaret because she was the only Jewish bird girl in town and, you know, it's just natural to try and make that work. But they really didn't have that much in common.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I agree with the message gods, CJ's way better.

Also I love you hi, he's the best.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Y-Hat posted:

But Mordecai and Margaret are both birds. And their name begins with the same letter.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Gaunab posted:

But Mordecai and Margaret are both birds. And their name begins with the same letter.

They're probably related.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Mordecai really wanted it to work out with Margaret because she was the only Jewish bird girl in town
...wow, how did I not make that connection earlier?

But yeah, CJ is more like Mordecai personality-wise.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 12, 2014

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hope You Hi comes back for another episode.

What is CJ made out of? Is she a cloud person?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Barudak posted:

I hope You Hi comes back for another episode.

What is CJ made out of? Is she a cloud person?

Yes, hence the name Cloudy Jane. In her first episode she gets angry with Mordecai and turns into a storm cloud.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

CJ has the advantage of being written as a character, while Margaret was just the girl he had a crush on and they had to sort of try and retroactively graft a personality on to her after the fact. CJ has things like agency and her own motivations, which helps.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think the telegraph put it best "Daddy's girl?" that's really the only depth Margaret had going. Do we even know what she's studying?

How long has it been since we've had a Muscleman episode? I stopped watching for a bit because it felt like every other episode was a Muscleman episode, but these past four episodes have been excellent and I hope I'm never given a reason to stop watching.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I think the telegraph put it best "Daddy's girl?" that's really the only depth Margaret had going. Do we even know what she's studying?

Wasn't she studying Journalism?

Maybe she'll come back as a Jr. News Anchor woman who angers a pundit god of some sort.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Y-Hat posted:

Well, she does seem like a witty and independent young woman..

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SolarFire2 posted:

Well, she does seem like a witty and independent young woman..

Her puns are terrible.

I'm glad Thomas showed up to awkwardly sitting in the room not doing the Mordecai while also providing nonsensical advice.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife

Krampus Grewcock posted:

Wasn't she studying Journalism?

Maybe she'll come back as a Jr. News Anchor woman who angers a pundit god of some sort.

As a journalism grad with first-hand experience in the current job market, she's just going to end up back at the coffee shop

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Y-Hat posted:

Mordo is an assman.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Margaret or CJ? Eileen is the best either way.

reavor
Jul 24, 2013
cj just seems into mordo, which probably why their relationship is pretty easy and straightforward (except when mordecai complicates thing by thinking about margaret) while margaret never really seemed that into him.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

New episodes of Regular Show are moving to Thursdays in June, joining Adventure Time, Teen Titans Go, and Gumball.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
So basically they are moving their old Monday line up to Thursday since they now have a bunch of new shows on Monday. I can dig it. Hopefully my goddamned DVR can too.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

reavor posted:

cj just seems into mordo, which probably why their relationship is pretty easy and straightforward (except when mordecai complicates thing by thinking about margaret) while margaret never really seemed that into him.

Margaret will come back into the picture and Mordecai will gently caress everything up, causing Rigby to go back in time to tell himself to stop the New Year's party stuff.

"Modecai is terrible at relationships and sabotages himself" is one of the key elements of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
It's getting a little old, though. The portrait episode and, to a lesser extent, the high school reunion/burrito episode made emphatically clear that Mordo and Rigby do not exist in a semi - timeless cartoon setting. They are total losers who have failed to do anything of worth or follow the simplest ambitions. That really changes the tone of the show and suddenly made me want a change in the status quo.

• Locked thread