Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

guavo
Jan 3, 2007
I am quite practic at this onlane thing
Ok, bought 17 packs and have some duplicates

Have to trade:
Homer x3
Maggie x2
Mr. Burns x1

Need:
Lisa
Abe
Milhouse
Itchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Grabbed a Burns at Walmart today. Had to go through 9/10ths of the box to get to it, though.
The same Walmart also had the 70725 MechDragon on clearance for $60. So I grabbed two.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

The Rage posted:

May the 4th haul arrived a day early!

Ha, I ordered the exact same! Stoked.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

guavo posted:

Ok, bought 17 packs and have some duplicates

Have to trade:
Homer x3
Maggie x2
Mr. Burns x1

Need:
Lisa
Abe
Milhouse
Itchy

If you're willing to sell, I would like to purchase Mr. Burns and a Homer from you. My only extra Simpsons fig is one Bart, but I have a few minifigs from older series for trade.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I bought the big Millennium Falcon for May 4th. It's great, with one exception; the mandible are way too short and stubby. Are there any how-to/mods out there that look good and don't require me to spend $50 on bricklink for parts?

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Got the droid gunship as part of my May the 4th haul. Goddamn is this a solid set. The overall design is great, it's got some awesome underlying construction going on, the play features are great, and it contains 6013082, a piece that 12 year old me would have almost literally killed for. And the underside is designed in such a way that it's a snap to make a display stand for it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
You can flip the bomb bay doors down and use them as a stand/landing gear.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Your reminder that the Daily Mail Lego offer starts today and runs until next Friday :) Today is the Spider-Glider!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, I definitely want the Ghostbusters set now.
http://brickset.com/article/11166/review-21108-ghostbusters

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Ooh June. I was thinking August for some reason. I hope these are easier to get than the last few cuusoo sets, although I plan on going to the store day of to try and snag one. The figs look amazing.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Dogen posted:

Ooh June. I was thinking August for some reason. I hope these are easier to get than the last few cuusoo sets, although I plan on going to the store day of to try and snag one. The figs look amazing.

June 1 is going to be awesome. Bennys Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship and Ecto-1 on the same day. Going to have to call my Lego store early to check availability as they broke street date on the Delorean and would like to pick them up in store.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Printed ghostbusters bricks? Heck yeah.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

gonna get benny's spaceship and the star destroyer :D

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ecto-1 is a day of release purchase, Benny's SPACESHIP! is pause for thought.

Any news on the next wave of minifigs? I couldn't give two hoots about the Simpsons. I'd love a wave of Marvel characters they can't justify sets for. Winter Soldier, Coulson, Falcon, etc.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
I'd love it too, but I do already have a Falcon, it came in a set with Thor, Hulk and MODOK.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

GlenMR posted:

I'd love it too, but I do already have a Falcon, it came in a set with Thor, Hulk and MODOK.

Oh hey, so he did. I meant more a movie Falcon, but sure.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

ltr posted:

June 1 is going to be awesome. Bennys Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship and Ecto-1 on the same day. Going to have to call my Lego store early to check availability as they broke street date on the Delorean and would like to pick them up in store.

If I'm far away from a Lego store, what are my best bets for finding Ecto-1? Target, Toys R Us, someplace else?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Indolent Bastard posted:

If I'm far away from a Lego store, what are my best bets for finding Ecto-1? Target, Toys R Us, someplace else?

I'm fairly certain I got the Delorean from Amazon.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Man the new stuff on the PAB wall owns. Wings and 2x2 tiles in light grey? That's my music!

Also the lady at the counter gave me like five of those buy-one-get-one legoland ticket coupons, didn't someone in here want those?

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank

xzzy posted:

Man the new stuff on the PAB wall owns. Wings and 2x2 tiles in light grey? That's my music!

Also the lady at the counter gave me like five of those buy-one-get-one legoland ticket coupons, didn't someone in here want those?

I think it was me asking for one a few months ago, got it and took the kids back in March. definitely worth getting to save the cash at the gate if anyone else is planning on going.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Ecto-1 is a day of release purchase, Benny's SPACESHIP! is pause for thought.

Any news on the next wave of minifigs? I couldn't give two hoots about the Simpsons. I'd love a wave of Marvel characters they can't justify sets for. Winter Soldier, Coulson, Falcon, etc.

I would LOVE to have a old school Green Goblin w/glider. Crap they could do it now. Use the elf head piece, Indiana jones satchel, pumpkin head for bomb. Just need the right colors. If they did a couple series or one with variants from the marvel game, I would buy the poo poo out if them. Hobgoblin, same as green goblin, different print but with a hood over the head. Boom, Lego Ideas here I come.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
Lego won't be able to do any DC or Marvel blind-bags (because action figure licenses), but there is a plethora of smaller sets they could do-- look at that Spiderman vs. Electro set. It's overpriced for sure, but the combination of cheap build and unique figures would be a great way to put more characters out. They could easily do a Spiderman vs Green Goblin w/ glider set and so on for any number of characters.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I'd like a retro Lego minifigure line. Have a classic spaceman reissue, the old pirate captain, a generic knight from some Castle line, maybe toss in Johnny Thunder or something... :allears:

As a collectible minifigure blind-pack series, that is. I know about the minifigure sets.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Indolent Bastard posted:

You can get it online if you're quick. Otherwise they will be all sold out to ebay-resellers within 15 minutes.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I highly doubt they will ever do a Marvel or such minifigure line. Those minifigures sell the whole bigger sets, and just selling the minifigures would invalidate that. Simpsons was most likely a fluke because there is only one larger set to sell (the house).

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

jeeves posted:

I highly doubt they will ever do a Marvel or such minifigure line. Those minifigures sell the whole bigger sets, and just selling the minifigures would invalidate that. Simpsons was most likely a fluke because there is only one larger set to sell (the house).

I'm pretty sure they literally can't do a line of just Marvel/DC minifigures because they don't hold the license to produce action figures and selling just the characters would fall under that category.

It's the same deal with Star Wars.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Cloks posted:

I'm pretty sure they literally can't do a line of just Marvel/DC minifigures because they don't hold the license to produce action figures and selling just the characters would fall under that category.

It's the same deal with Star Wars.

What about say a line of polybag sets, like the Thor one? Have like a small diorama set with it. Wouldn't the darth revan and like the sdcc ones fall under the same licensing thing or because they are limited exclusive runs its different?

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

xzzy posted:

I was at the Columbus store and they didn't have either of those :( but they did have black travis bricks and light grey 1x1 round tiles. I got way too many of both.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

DrChud posted:

What about say a line of polybag sets, like the Thor one? Have like a small diorama set with it. Wouldn't the darth revan and like the sdcc ones fall under the same licensing thing or because they are limited exclusive runs its different?

I imagine creating a large degree of exclusivity circumvents that, like with the SDCC giveaway DC ones but I'm largely unsure about this.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Mr. Glass posted:

I was at the Columbus store and they didn't have either of those :( but they did have black travis bricks and light grey 1x1 round tiles. I got way too many of both.

No such thing as too many 1x1 pieces. Here's a small PAB container filled with 1x1 round, tiles, trans squares and cheese slopes. That is one thing my PAB needs is either blue or light blay 1x1 plate squares. I'm always out of solid color plate squares, but have tons of other variations on the 1x1 plate.

Wootiebabeh
Dec 21, 2009

Three-Phase posted:

Did a little more photography tonight.

"Miami"

"Evening"

"Rapture"

"July"

These got over-compressed when I exported, I need to fool around with that.

"At the date"

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fred Meyer/Kroger is having a 40% off Star Wars sale that didn't apply to Legos, however they hung the sign right over the Lego section, so the clerk said he'd honor it. Grabbed a bunch of those new mini X-Wings at $6 each.

LarryCsonka
Nov 7, 2006
Oooh, I don't go map-finding-behinding
Recently got back into Technic, and it is pretty awesome these days.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Is that supposed to be a bronco?

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014
The orange one is a Unimog (8110) the right one I believe is the crawler (9398)

LarryCsonka
Nov 7, 2006
Oooh, I don't go map-finding-behinding

LingcodKilla posted:

Is that supposed to be a bronco?

It's just described as a "4x4 crawler". I don't think it's based on anything in particular

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Review of the goodies in Benny's spaceship:

http://www.newelementary.com/2014/05/bennys-neo-classic-space-ship.html

Way too many stickers, but some really cool pieces in there.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

xzzy posted:

Review of the goodies in Benny's spaceship:

http://www.newelementary.com/2014/05/bennys-neo-classic-space-ship.html

Way too many stickers, but some really cool pieces in there.

I can't wait to pick one or two up. I'm gonna need to get some extra of those 2x4 slopes with printed classic space logo for the poster ship I built.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

If there's one thing I've learned in the course of this build I'm doing, it's that if you're trying to duplicate an existing ship, don't try to get everything absolutely exactly right. Down that path lies madness. :byodood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Does anyone have some spare minifig series sheet inserts for series 5, 6, and 8? Just need one of each. Apparently I didn't keep any from the time of purchase or my kids took care of them for me. Preferably with no marks or anything. Would be happy to pay for postage. PM me if you can help out, thanks!