Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
I had to laugh how sympathetic Nattie looked during that whole segment. I felt so bad for her, that was some vintage school yard bullying right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Next week is May 19 so Kane should just be awarded the title.

For the Cena/Bray LMS match they should do a spot where Bray gets up at the count of 9 by doing that crabwalkk thing.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Luigi Thirty posted:

If HHH gives himself the title there's no way he's losing it until Bryan comes back and no way he's losing it to anyone but Bryan. That's too obvious. There needs to be a :russo: in there somewhere.

He could swap it back and forth with the other members of Evolution and they could be Tag Team Partners Who Hate Each Other for awhile. Gripping tv!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Next week is May 19 so Kane should just be awarded the title.

For the Cena/Bray LMS match they should do a spot where Bray gets up at the count of 9 by doing that crabwalkk thing.

Then Cena shits his pants and can't get up by 10. Feud over.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

I just caught the end of Raw, Shield overcoming the influx of heels trying to save Evolution was amazing, goddamn :allears:

The Shield are like Darkseid; you can't lay them out the same way twice.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bray shoves his arm down Cena's throat, crawls all the way in, and then he is Cena who must rapadoo past himself.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

keevo posted:

I wish she would learn to do more than the two same moves though.

She-ssiah of the Backbreaker gonna break some backs.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

I had to laugh how sympathetic Nattie looked during that whole segment. I felt so bad for her, that was some vintage school yard bullying right there.

VINTAGE

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control

Writer Cath posted:

Doomsday.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Writer Cath posted:

I am many things, Rand-el. But here, I am a god.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I bailed on Raw with 20 minutes to go, so of course that's when the awesome poo poo finally happens.

(not counting Alicia Fox going batshit)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The Alicia Fox thing was weird. I get that she was supposed to be angry and destroying everything, but then she takes JBL's hat and just starts dancing on her way out to Paige's music. I mean, if your thing is to be angry and wreck poo poo, maybe don't start dancing and smiling right before you leave?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

armoredgorilla posted:

I bailed on Raw with 20 minutes to go, so of course that's when the awesome poo poo finally happens.

(not counting Alicia Fox going batshit)

Alicia looked great and I loved her freaking out at the end, but man, that match also made Paige look like poo poo. She got no offense in until the very end when she got in one move then quietly walked to the back while Alicia went insane. It didn't make her look good at all. Just lucky.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Think this is the first time since I got into wrestling that I skipped 3/4 of a raw. Holy poo poo, so boring and uninteresting. Ironically, Fox was probably the most interesting thing that happened. Sandow was good too, wish they would do something with him. Reigns - Batista was also quite stale, only "saved" by a brawl at the end that we've seen a 100 times. Also, is it just me or has the camera work/cuts been lovely recently?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Alicia looked great and I loved her freaking out at the end, but man, that match also made Paige look like poo poo. She got no offense in until the very end when she got in one move then quietly walked to the back while Alicia went insane. It didn't make her look good at all. Just lucky.

I think Alicia blasted her with the mic before the match started so I can forgive her being on the defensive and needing to 'steal' a win, I'm just happy to see a divas match with believable offense on RAW for a change.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sanguinia posted:

Also, maybe if you don't want people to actually think about wrestling characters and why they cause certain reactions or why some characters work when other similar characters don't, you should start a campaign to get people to stop using the term PSYCHOLOGY to describe that very thing.
Discussions are cool and this is absolutely the place for them.

While we're discussing things can you show me a single person who has this reaction to Rusev:

quote:

In other words, Rusev is good because by talking about Russia being good instead of America being bad, the audience's reaction is not to say "NO, AMERICA IS GREAT! " it is instead "What if Russia IS better? "

Because I'm pretty sure nobody is biting their nails at home having an identity crisis after Rusev beats up R-Truth. Instead they are probably like "America is great and Russia is dumb go Cowboys"

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

:negative:

-

I hope we get to see a Rollins/Orton matchup at some point. I'm pretty sure they've wrestled before, and I seem to remember them having excellent chemistry. Although Seth might get disqualified when his voodoo curse takes control and he's compelled to punch Hunter in the face again.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I like the story that the old men are just completely outclassed at every turn by the Shield and nothing they do works because the Shield is just so much better than everyone else despite being outnumbered and outgunned.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Bard Maddox posted:

I like the story that the old men are just completely outclassed at every turn by the Shield and nothing they do works because the Shield is just so much better than everyone else despite being outnumbered and outgunned.

"Let sic Mark Henry on them!"

"He's a face."

"Damnit! Let's sic Big Show on them."

"He's a face too."

"Son of a bitch. Let's sic The Demon Kane on them."

"He's... Kane."

"gently caress!"

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Just you wait until HHH gets John Cena to tell Rollins that Reigns totally talked poo poo about him behind his back and the Shield immediately implodes. The Cerebral Assassin wins again.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

JBL's "I've got the weirded boner" face when Alicia Fox was strutting around with his hat was pretty funny.

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT

DeathChicken posted:

Bray shoves his arm down Cena's throat, crawls all the way in, and then he is Cena who must rapadoo past himself.

Reminded me of this, except Bray would crawl right back out due to Cena's boringness and OCD:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Blasmeister posted:

I don't hate it, you need to not make your champ look weak, so you don't have her lose non-title matches to set up a title match (thank gently caress, as they do this all the drat time for the divas and it's always awful), while making Alicia look strong and make the audience wonder if on another day she might put her away. Obviously you can't do this too often, and the PPV match should definitely be much more back and forth, but I think this way is fine way to build a PPV match between the two and much better than the usual builds for it and we get better wrestling out of it than seeing Alicia kill Aksana or a Bella in a contender match and then some stare offs

Every Paige match on the main roster has followed the formula of her getting kicked around for 90% of it and then hitting the finish. It's not good.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Superior John Cena

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Tonfa posted:

Every Paige match on the main roster has followed the formula of her getting kicked around for 90% of it and then hitting the finish. It's not good.

This week, Alicia cheap shotted her before the bell, so it made sense that she was fighting more defensively. I agree that doing this every week will start to hurt her credibility.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Sanguinia posted:

It's not like Cena is the first wrestler to pop up and nail a finisher out of nowhere for a surprise win. In fact a ton of Wrestlers have done that over the years. Including Stone Cold Steve Austin, he who can do no wrong.

He just does it a lot so it's more annoying and noticable.

It's that like half the gimmick of the RKO?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

NienNunb posted:

Superior John Cena

They could tell the difference quickly when John Cena somehow becomes a good boyfriend.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Tonfa posted:

Paige got zero offense in against Fox, so the fact Cole didn't call out the Paige Turner (which she hasn't done since her debut so most people probably aren't familiar with it), makes Fox looks bad for losing to what most people probably think is some random move.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Orgophlax posted:

Paige got zero offense in against Fox, so the fact Cole didn't call out the Paige Turner (which she hasn't done since her debut so most people probably aren't familiar with it), makes Fox looks bad for losing to what most people probably think is some random move.

This if they treated the Paige Turner as the move that beat AJ Lee it would have probably come off better. It would have both promoted Fox and elevated Paige's Non-Submission finisher.

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009

Onmi posted:

He was going to job to Cena from the beginning, that was always the end-result of the feud. So at this point, best look to the positives. It's probably going to be a really good match, and even if he loses Wyatt'll probably look really good.

I realize this is from a page back, but if Wyatt was always destined to job, why even do the loving feud in the first place? Why take a guy who could be a top heel, someone you're ostensibly trying to build up, and feed him to Cena? It's not like the feud has been especially compelling or anything, since the writing has been awful and outside of some drat good promos Wyatt has looked utterly incompetent in every single match. Regardless of how competitive the matches have been, Cena has proven he can fend off the entire Family singlehandedly and has shown he can do so multiple times in multiple different situations. "Looking good in a loss" (which even then I think is a dubious claim when talking about Cena - look how well that worked out for Sandow) is kinda' impossible when you and your stable can't get a single legitimate win over one loving guy.

Dexo posted:

This if they treated the Paige Turner as the move that beat AJ Lee it would have probably come off better. It would have both promoted Fox and elevated Paige's Non-Submission finisher.

Agreed. The lack of reaction to the Paige-Turner made Paige's win come off like a fluke. Paige's booking in general has been pretty frustrating.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

is it just me or was wrestling pretty good until Wrestlemania and has pretty much sucked since then

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Cardboard Box posted:

is it just me or was wrestling pretty good until Wrestlemania and has pretty much sucked since then

Yeah basically that's the sentiment.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Psycho Mantits posted:

I realize this is from a page back, but if Wyatt was always destined to job, why even do the loving feud in the first place? Why take a guy who could be a top heel, someone you're ostensibly trying to build up, and feed him to Cena? It's not like the feud has been especially compelling or anything, since the writing has been awful and outside of some drat good promos Wyatt has looked utterly incompetent in every single match. Regardless of how competitive the matches have been, Cena has proven he can fend off the entire Family singlehandedly and has shown he can do so multiple times in multiple different situations. "Looking good in a loss" (which even then I think is a dubious claim when talking about Cena - look how well that worked out for Sandow) is kinda' impossible when you and your stable can't get a single legitimate win over one loving guy.

No one matters except Cena. Bryan only mattered when Cena's elbow exploded. WWE is not good at long term thinking when Cena is selling t-shirts right now.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

Well Wrestlemania is over now so there's no rush to do something new or interesting until Summerslam when that first wave of network subscriptions starts lapsing.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

Most of Wrestlemania 30 was trying desperately to salvage things after a long period of screwing up, so it should come as no surprise that with the pressure off WWE is back to doing 'eh whatever'.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Do it WWE, it's your last hope

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Sweeney Tom posted:

Do it WWE, it's your last hope

This would be great. If Bryan has to miss til MitB/Summer Slam.

gently caress it Give Haitch the Title and have Bryan take it back at his returning PPV.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

keevo posted:

I wish she would learn to do more than the two same moves though.

She pulled out that really awesome looking Surfboard last night. She does three moves but goddamn she does them well, she has one of the best Northern Lights Suplexes I have ever seen. Favorite Diva as of right now.

Okay Lana has been redeemed in my eyes. I'm not just hating on her for no reason I do honestly think she's not a good promo and will flounder when she actually has to cut a promo against someone else also doing a promo.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I wonder what would happen to Raw if, somehow, The Shield all got injured as well and next week all we had was Evolution as top guys.

Edit: I always cut the women some slack, cause it has to be hard to work a back and forth match in like 4 minutes or whatever they're given. Really, all you can do in that time is "Heel gets heat for 3 minutes, 1 minute comeback"

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

She pulled out that really awesome looking Surfboard last night.
She did the same thing (including flipping Paige over and Paige selling in the exact same way) on Superstars. In fact their match last night was almost move-for-move their Superstars match, swapping the Crosslock for the Paige-Turner.

Having Alicia trample Paige for most of the match is sort of okay. At this point, Alicia has lost to Paige twice on NXT (that I know of, maybe there were more) and three times on WWE broadcasts. This was the sixth (or more) time they've fought and Paige has won every time. Twice to the Paige-Turner, twice to the Scorpion Crosslock and twice to the Ram-Paige. Having Alicia finally snap works. Paige looking weak isn't the issue anywhere near as much as Alicia looking like a training dummy was. They seem to want to build the Divas up to be something more than a piss break, and not having Paige completely steamroll one of the few decent wrestlers yet again is a good start.

• Locked thread