Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I can't help but notice it doesn't mention SAB. You might want to fix that before the misinformation spread, Anet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Wow, more temporary content. I was planning on doing Zephyr Sanctum in August but I guess I'll just play Archeage instead since it will be gone by then.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

boho posted:

Your system is probably overheating. Pop open the case and clean out the Dorito dust. Also make extra sure the number of player models shown is at its lowest setting.

If it's not heat the runners up are power or RAM.

:pcgaming:

Gonna vote heat.

I like SpeedFan for my heat monitoring.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
"Prepare for the Festival of the Four Winds!

by The Guild Wars 2 Team on Mai 13, 2014"

"Mai 13, 2014"

:vince:

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

I hope Arus misses all the sweet launch hour bugs that let us make several hundred gold again.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Cheers on the replies. Gonna check my rig for heating issues, power, and RAM, in order.

Ran Tequatl earlier in the DPS zerg. Again, all on lowest graphics. No issues whatsoever. Only on defense.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
Apparently we're going to be helping to rebuild lions arch as well http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/05/13/rebuild-lions-arch-in-guild-wars-2s-festival-of-the-four-winds/.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Anything to speculate on for festival? I was playing rift during it last time and the wiki is down :<

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

The best part about having to do story dungeons now, while levelled, traited and geared appropriately, is how easy some of the real rear end in a top hat bosses who used to ruin you become. That and you can get turned into a chubby cat.

On a totally unconnected note, phalanx builds are very nice!

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Is there a new outfit up in the gemstore?

Mezmerized Machine
Dec 29, 2008
Another Frogsura reporting in!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Isorenieratane posted:

Apparently we're going to be helping to rebuild lions arch as well
Please no.

Triethyl
Dec 31, 2006
Queen's Gauntlet and Zephyr Sanctum? This is gonna own, screw the temp content haterfolk.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dukka posted:

I hope Arus misses all the sweet launch hour bugs that let us make several hundred gold again.

It's going to happen :(

I'm pretty loving stoked the bazaar is coming back, by far the coolest looking place in the game.

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qQcd5INJI8

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Dukka posted:

I got my net worth in gold in 2 hours when the Pavilion came out, looking forward to doing that again

loot hoover guardian is prepped

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Dukka posted:

Didn't they ban people for doing this back when the game first launched? :v:

e: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/08/31/3000-guild-wars-2-players-permanently-banned-for-karma-exploit/

Jackard fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 13, 2014

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Jackard posted:

Didn't they ban people for doing this back when the game first launched? :v:

MANGOGATE 2012 was a wonderful time and no one got banned!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

MANGOGATE 2012 was a wonderful time and no one got banned!

Some of my rl friends got banned for that plus using the money to toss cheap exotics and mispriced karma weapons into the forge for week 1 precursors. (it was probably the last part that boned 'em)
RIP vendorable food items mango and paprika bags

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mortimer posted:

Some of my rl friends got banned for that plus using the money to toss cheap exotics and mispriced karma weapons into the forge for week 1 precursors. (it was probably the last part that boned 'em)
RIP vendorable food items mango and paprika bags

It was definitely the karma weapon part that got them banned, Anet dropped bombs for that, was a huge loving deal. MANGOGATE 2012 was harmless in comparison. Kailtor really liked mangos. RIP Rocode, 1991-2012.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Can we please organize a protest of this?

"Who would have thought a government run by pirates would ever succeed?" Morons, because it has demonstrably failed! How many times will we rebuild this city before we finally accept that it is jinxed? Lionguard up to its eyeballs in debt to true hero Evon Gnashblade. Doesn't he deserve to be repaid before we flush a million more gold into the sea? I just realized that all the buildings in LA were built from ships!! :stonk:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Temporary content, temporary consequences; a self-defeating Living Story

Seriously why rebuild?

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I hope they put some new skins in while keeping the old ones. The real question is are there going to be nerfs to the gold won for each Jubilee win? I will be leveling my last 2 alts during this event because gently caress yeah karma trains! I'm pumped for using the rest of Jubilee tickets, they've been clogging up my inventory for months!

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I continue to be surprised about the people who continue to bitch about seasonal content in the same breath as temporary, ie living story, content.

Also, yay for the return of Bazaar and QJ. Hopefully the farming won't be further nerfed from last time.

... And watch the price of destroyer lodestones start to slide

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Maybe one of the 'rebuild lion's arch' NPCs will be that promised NPC that will accept old world event currency.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I don't mind if they rebuild, so long as it doesn't look like the old LA.

Triethyl
Dec 31, 2006
Press the use key to hammer boats into the ground.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Jackard posted:

Temporary content, temporary consequences; a self-defeating Living Story

Seriously why rebuild?

Stop bitching about temporary content, it's old, boring, and pointless.

LA is a giant hub city that should be rebuilt, it was stupid to not expect that. I'm glad it's happening.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Erdricks posted:

I continue to be surprised about the people who continue to bitch about seasonal content in the same breath as temporary, ie living story, content.
Who? ItBurns and MooCowlian are being :v:

Lyer posted:

I don't mind if they rebuild, so long as it doesn't look like the old LA.
Same, but I'm expecting to hear "government run by pirates" in the bank again.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 13, 2014

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

LA is a giant hub city that should be rebuilt, it was stupid to not expect that. I'm glad it's happening.

Nah they should leave LA ruined and make the new Hub City in the Dominion of the Winds.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

CLAM DOWN posted:

I felt like it's less a complaint about temporary content and more the fact that the living story isn't really doing what it set out to do/what Anet is trying to make it do. I get the philosophy of temp content as a way of keeping people playing consistently as well as progressing the events of the world, but it's more that the "living" part of the story isn't there - regardless of content being temporary, it almost never leaves any sort of impact, which is less of a content-left-over thing and more of an any-way-of-telling-what's-happened thing. For players returning after this arc and LS being reconstructed, one of the biggest potential gamechangers is just going to be rendered moot because ??. Having a central city is good, but it doesn't have to be Lion's Arch, and the fact that it is LA again feels kinda forced.

e: tl;dr: what crimson said.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Crimsonbeak posted:

Nah they should leave LA ruined and make the new Hub City in the Dominion of the Winds.

Not even gimmickposting here, I want that so badly. I imagine the Dominion of Winds as the lovechild of the Zephyr Sanctum and the Grove and it would be rad as hell.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Heavy Lobster posted:

I felt like it's less a complaint about temporary content and more the fact that the living story isn't really doing what it set out to do/what Anet is trying to make it do. I get the philosophy of temp content as a way of keeping people playing consistently as well as progressing the events of the world, but it's more that the "living" part of the story isn't there - regardless of content being temporary, it almost never leaves any sort of impact, which is less of a content-left-over thing and more of an any-way-of-telling-what's-happened thing. For players returning after this arc and LS being reconstructed, one of the biggest potential gamechangers is just going to be rendered moot because ??. Having a central city is good, but it doesn't have to be Lion's Arch, and the fact that it is LA again feels kinda forced.

e: tl;dr: what crimson said.

No, he's bitching about temporary content, don't read into it so much ;) I agree with you overall though. Oh man, Zephyr Sanctum as the new hub city would be amaaaaazing.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Crimsonbeak posted:

I think you might be biased, Crimsonbeak.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Not even gimmickposting here, I want that so badly. I imagine the Dominion of Winds as the lovechild of the Zephyr Sanctum and the Grove and it would be rad as hell.

It's filled with poop and sunflower seeds.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

Crimsonbeak posted:

Or what if the Tengu of the Dominion of Winds annexed the ruined Lion's Arch :swoon:

Guild Wars 2: Bird Wars

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Or what if the Tengu of the Dominion of Winds annexed the ruined Lion's Arch :swoon:

Guild Wars 2: Bird Wars

Oh man, this. :getin:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Heavy Lobster posted:

CLAM DOWN posted:

No, he's bitching about temporary content, don't read into it so much ;) I agree with you overall though. Oh man, Zephyr Sanctum as the new hub city would be amaaaaazing.
He got my meaning exactly. Hence the line about 'consequences'!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I hope we get dragon kites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I hope we get dragon kites.

There's more on reddit.

• Locked thread