Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

Thank god an update is coming tomorrow and we can can be saved from more of this.

Today, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
"Hello, fine Shopkeep." *tips helm*

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So just how similar is pillars of eternity to The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

So just how similar is pillars of eternity to The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa?

Well, they're both not for Trend and not for Corporate Attitude. I don't think we have enough information to ascertain whether or not PoE's for Stoner yet.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Any ETA on the new update? :dance:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

This morning iirc

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

They really should have gone with that long-rear end title suggested early on in the thread.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Mordaedil posted:

They really should have gone with that long-rear end title suggested early on in the thread.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Update is live. Includes gameplay*

* 20 seconds in total

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol the first comment on that forum post what the heck

Time Serpent
Dec 22, 2012

Grimey Drawer

epitasis posted:

big feet? put this failed waifu in the trash

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Man, do people with spaced, sharpened teeth talk in a weird, whistley lisp or something? I imagine they do.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

epitasis posted:

I'm still trying to puzzle out what the gently caress he was thinking when he wrote that poo poo. Or what the gently caress he wrote in general.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
I figured that was a spambot or something. It looked more like the output of a markov chain function than the thoughts of a person.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
Those chanter spell names own bones, god drat. Really nice to see the kind of attention to detail there, a lot of lesser devs would just give them basic spell names and called it good. It makes me confident about what the final quality of the game overall when even the small things like that are given special attention and flair while still managing to communicate their in-game mechanics and usage.

Wanna play dem chanters, wanna read dem stories.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
E: Oh well.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm still trying to puzzle out what the gently caress he was thinking when he wrote that poo poo. Or what the gently caress he wrote in general.

I suspect an ill-advised combination of prescription meds and alcohol.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SunAndSpring posted:

If he doesn't think she's pretty enough, he'll try to remove her from his party. By killing her off if possible. That's all.
:fiesta:

Man, There's a lot of interesting information there, I love it all. I'm not sure that I like the echo effects of the chanting voice, though.

edit: no. I really don't like the echo effect. I'd rather it be a normal voice. It feels so out of place. The fighters don't echo, I'd hope.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 14, 2014

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Gonna be a Bleak Walker, do my best Judge Dread impersonation.

Edit: VVV

Agean90 fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 14, 2014

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Bleak Walkers aka the Order of General William Tecumseh Sherman.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

Basically seems to be the typical output of a deranged WASP/MRA who thinks seeing more women and not-white people in games will Ruin Everything. The last sentence tells the story:

Definitely a White Guy posted:

For me, it's a shame there seem to be no...well, how can i put it without being moaned at...? I can't, so i'll leave it there. Not allowed an opinion in this day and age.

Pretty much a guarantee he was going to say something like "real men" or "appealing women" or, if he was especially delusional, just plain "white guys."

Love those chant names.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Kibayasu posted:

Basically seems to be the typical output of a deranged WASP/MRA who thinks seeing more women and not-white people in games will Ruin Everything. The last sentence tells the story:

Pretty much a guarantee he was going to say something like "real men" or "appealing women" or, if he was especially delusional, just plain "white guys."

I imagine he writes quite a few letters to the Telegraph about "bloody foreigners." When he's not scouring eBay for additions to his riding crop and pith helmet collection, that is.

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
Will the ability descriptions of the chanter chants include a summary of the story that they are from? I want to know who the Brideman was and who was he slaying or whose spirits does "If their Bones Sleep Still Under that Hill, None Can Say" summon.

E: Also are there bonuses for telling complete stories? Like if certain chants all come from the same story and you use them all in the right order.

Oo Koo fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 14, 2014

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

Love those chant names.

Glad to get all that angst over the white man and MRAs out? Sounds like you were letting that build up for a while.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Bleak Walkers aka the Order of General William Tecumseh Sherman.

The Kind Wayfarers sound like the Knights Templar. The actual ones, not the dumb Assassin's Creed ones.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

SunAndSpring posted:

The Kind Wayfarers sound like the Knights Templar. The actual ones, not the dumb Assassin's Creed ones.

The bankers then?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Furism posted:

The bankers then?

Well, they used to be a bunch of poor dudes that defended pilgrims on the road before they got loaded.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

SunAndSpring posted:

Well, they used to be a bunch of poor dudes that defended pilgrims on the road before they got loaded.

Watching pilgrims also meant they had to watch their valuables, and then the whole banking thing grew out of that.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

quote:

When players make a paladin or priest character, they select an order or deity, respectively. Each choice highlights two types of behavior that are celebrated and two types of behavior that are condemned. For priests and paladins played as the main character, their Holy Radiance and Faith and Conviction power will shift based on their behavior. Reinforcing their deity's or order's preferred behavior will gradually increase their power, while playing against type will cause a small diminishment in their power.

This makes me happy.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Sick.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

Glad to get all that angst over the white man and MRAs out? Sounds like you were letting that build up for a while.

Yeah, truly I'm the real rear end in a top hat here. Laughing at idiots posting on the internet about how they can't jerk off to a woman in plate armor with big feet is really the only thing I have to live for. That and keeping the white man down by making fun of said idiots, obviously.

Disco Infiva posted:

This makes me happy.

The seemingly large amount of inter-connectivity between player behavior and class and race and NPC's makes me real excited. Alpha Protocol is the goto example with Obsidian obviously but even going smaller with games like TellTale's games have shown me that I don't need the entire plot to change because I did one thing over another, just changing how the characters perceive me (as long as it lasts for than one scene Mass Effect) is enough to get me invested in everything.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I was big on Druid but the opportunity to play a devotee of General Sherman is kinda hard to resist. Hrrrgghhhh.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Invocation: "4 Balls At The Edge of The Cliff" (sets everyone's stamina, health, status effects and powers to the way it was 4 seconds ago)

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
Has a "silence" spell been mentioned in previous updates?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Airfoil posted:

Has a "silence" spell been mentioned in previous updates?

Yeah, but they're keeping pretty quiet about it.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Make so that if your under the effect of a silence spell your dialogue options are replaced with you wildly gesturing.

"I surrender okay, let us go!"

1. *shoo them away after taking their weapons*
2. *flip them off*

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I haven't heard anything about it.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Drifter posted:

Gyshall posted:

I haven't heard anything about it.

:froghelm:

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Drifter posted:

He's here all week, folks.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So, even if it's not all finalized, and we still don't know if they're all going to be companions... I think with this Aumaua chanter, we have eight potential companions we've heard of now- which would be all of them, if they were indeed all companions.

With eleven classes and only eight characters, I think that leaves Druid, Fighter, and Barbarian the three without any representation. Which is a pity if that's the case, as I have no desire to play as a fighter or barbarian myself, so it would have been nice to have them as companion options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Eiba posted:

So, even if it's not all finalized, and we still don't know if they're all going to be companions... I think with this Aumaua chanter, we have eight potential companions we've heard of now- which would be all of them, if they were indeed all companions.

With eleven classes and only eight characters, I think that leaves Druid, Fighter, and Barbarian the three without any representation. Which is a pity if that's the case, as I have no desire to play as a fighter or barbarian myself, so it would have been nice to have them as companion options.

Well, they did say that classes can synch with each other. I think I remember them saying that stacking Chants from multiple Chanters was hardcore poo poo.

• Locked thread