Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Judge Tesla posted:

Am I the only one who thinks Christa could make a return, I mean it wasn't exactly clear if she was killed in S2-Ep 1, but I suppose that'd just be a re-hash of the Marsh House Stranger who berates Clem for ruining her life (Omid dying) and all the lovely things she did.

If they have you heading to that camp up north (I'm assuming Carver's was not the camp) that you talk about in episode one, we may find her there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Wellington is supposed to be up north in the Great Lakes region, right?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Yeah, as we can see with Kenny, Telltale likes to confirm kills. If its kept vague, I'd imagine they might be planning to bring Christa back.

Or they're just going to leave it an unanswered plot thread. Not everything gets tied up neatly. :smith:

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

1stGear posted:

Yeah, as we can see with Kenny, Telltale likes to confirm kills. If its kept vague, I'd imagine they might be planning to bring Christa back.

Or they're just going to leave it an unanswered plot thread. Not everything gets tied up neatly. :smith:

It'd make the most sense if she just never shows up again. As long as she at least gets mentioned at some point, I'd be ok with it. The chances of finding her should be 0.

But then again, Kenny.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

THE PWNER posted:

It'd make the most sense if she just never shows up again. As long as she at least gets mentioned at some point, I'd be ok with it. The chances of finding her should be 0.

But then again, Kenny.

Finding Kenny is a major contrivance but I'm glad they did it. Christa actually seems possible since everyone has been mentioning Wellington.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Living in Nottingham, I don't really think I deserved that achievement... :ohdear:

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

What would be the point otherwise?

It's been mentioned before but the ending song is a real treat. Really hammers in that feeling of bleakness as you're mulling over all the unsettling poo poo that just happened.

Also, episode 2 and episode 1.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Can someone please explain to me why everyone thinks that Luke is hiding that he was bitten?

The dude was just sleep-deprived as hell when you first saw him in this ep. Yeah he's pale, but he says he hasn't had a night's rest since he left the lodge and nearly nods off in midsentence while talking to Clem. And when he gets caught the next day (presumably after having slept, since you find a bedroll in the comics shop) he's totally back to normal. Wouldn't he have turned by now if he was bitten anyway?

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Can someone please explain to me why everyone thinks that Luke is hiding that he was bitten?

The dude was just sleep-deprived as hell when you first saw him in this ep. Yeah he's pale, but he says he hasn't had a night's rest since he left the lodge and nearly nods off in midsentence while talking to Clem. And when he gets caught the next day (presumably after having slept, since you find a bedroll in the comics shop) he's totally back to normal. Wouldn't he have turned by now if he was bitten anyway?

I really hope that Luke was bitten by a dog, and we can lock his rear end in a loving shed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I thought he was bitten when I first ran into him, since they gave him the same ash colored skin tone that victims in the process of turning are always depicted with, and was generally disoriented.

But once I saw him later I knew he was telling the truth about being tired.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I kind of think maybe Luke has a drug problem. At first I was thinking He was hiding a bite, like a lot of other folks did, but his behavior was just so off. Maybe he got stressed out with the attack on the chalet and holed up in the cabin shooting smack for a few days? Or maybe he has a stash of meth somewhere?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
He chased a truck on foot through zombie-filled woods. Dude's tired. In fact, there's no way he should be there as quick as he is.

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Re: Luke. His behavior was totally off beyond just being tired, which he assuredly is. At first, I also thought he might be hiding a bite. My other thought was that he was hiding the details of his plan -- that he was going to draw the lurker horde to the compound, and he thought Clem would disapprove. (This was before Kenny proposed that exact plan.)

Since he's still alive and not getting worse, my guess is he's not bitten and it was possibly an intended mislead on TellTale's part. No idea whether it'll just be a dropped red herring, or whether it'll turn out to be something else going on with him besides hunger/exhaustion.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I imagine Luke was starving too. He did get caught trying to steal food.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

escalator dropdown posted:

Re: Luke. His behavior was totally off beyond just being tired, which he assuredly is. At first, I also thought he might be hiding a bite. My other thought was that he was hiding the details of his plan -- that he was going to draw the lurker horde to the compound, and he thought Clem would disapprove. (This was before Kenny proposed that exact plan.)

Since he's still alive and not getting worse, my guess is he's not bitten and it was possibly an intended mislead on TellTale's part. No idea whether it'll just be a dropped red herring, or whether it'll turn out to be something else going on with him besides hunger/exhaustion.

His symptoms are completely consistent with sleep deprivation. He talks quickly and seems jumpy before nearly nodding off because adrenaline is the only thing that's holding him together. This is also the reason for poo poo coloration, his blood isn't fueling things the way it should because he's jacked up on adrenaline and his blood vessels are constricted. This is absolutely classic of someone who is pushing themselves hard and it absolutely stuns me that so many people thought it was a bite.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Coolguye posted:

His symptoms are completely consistent with sleep deprivation. He talks quickly and seems jumpy before nearly nodding off because adrenaline is the only thing that's holding him together. This is also the reason for poo poo coloration, his blood isn't fueling things the way it should because he's jacked up on adrenaline and his blood vessels are constricted. This is absolutely classic of someone who is pushing themselves hard and it absolutely stuns me that so many people thought it was a bite.

I thought it could have been a bite until he mentioned that hadn't slept. Plus, if it was a bite he probably would have started getting worse by the end of the episode, but he seemed to still be fine

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I guess I went against nearly everyone here and didn't stay to watch Carver die.

Fucker loves his own voice and I just didn't want to give him the satisfaction of it. He can deal with Kenny, who's too stupid to appreciate any biting last words.

I did say to just shoot him though. He wasn't getting outta that alive.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Fans posted:

I guess I went against nearly everyone here and didn't stay to watch Carver die.

Fucker loves his own voice and I just didn't want to give him the satisfaction of it. He can deal with Kenny, who's too stupid to appreciate any biting last words.

I did say to just shoot him though. He wasn't getting outta that alive.

A lot of people (self included) chose to stay in hopes we could keep Kenny from going apeshit and just do this sensibly.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Nehru the Damaja posted:

A lot of people (self included) chose to stay in hopes we could keep Kenny from going apeshit and just do this sensibly.

I knew what was going to happen from the beginning. Felt pretty heavily implied to me.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Yeah you guys were never holding Kenny back, I have no idea why you thought you'd have any input into what he does.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

THE PWNER posted:

I knew what was going to happen from the beginning. Felt pretty heavily implied to me.

I saw that gun on his hip and thought you would get the chance to just shoot him before Kenny started wailing on him.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Jeez, getting kinda tired of the whole whiplash between Kenny being completely intolerable and him being a bro, though arguably it was a lot more severe during the first season. I just feel like he was super petty and ready to bitch out Clem at any given moment last episode, while now he seems to have completely forgotten about that and is now her #1 cheerleader. God, I'm glad he's still alive even after the whole eye thing regardless, because he's honestly the one person who seems totally conscious of Clem's role as leader while others seem to just feel as if she's a tool to exploit.

I kinda wished that they gave us a clearer glimpse or idea of how many people were at the settlement. Had the impression that there was a group larger than what we caught a glimpse of, but I'm not terribly sure.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
The season one group were competent, but couldn't work together as a team. The season 2 group can work together as a team, but are utterly incompetent at survival.

Forgetting them dropping the ball by being hostile to Clementine, they were living in a completely unsecured cabin, with nothing to keep them safe. Not only does Carver just stroll in, there are walkers wondering around outside the cabin, and they haven't even bothered to put up a barricade or anything.

Pete and possibly Luke were the only competent ones in the cabin group. A bunch of adults, and Clementine is the most competent one there, and the only one really qualified to be leader.

Hey, at least Bonnie joined the group
. She was the best 400 Days character.

OldMemes fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 16, 2014

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
I would not mind a Season 3 where you play as Christa, seeing what happens to her after her and Clem get separated.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Its actually a bit of a relief that it appears that Telltale deliberately wrote the Season 2 group to be completely incompetent. Locking a girl with an open dog bite in a shed no longer seems like bad writing.

JoltSpree
Jul 19, 2012

1stGear posted:

Its actually a bit of a relief that it appears that Telltale deliberately wrote the Season 2 group to be completely incompetent. Locking a girl with an open dog bite in a shed no longer seems like bad writing.

My faith in the original S2 group is so far gone that when Clementine was climbing the shelves behind Carver to sneak up on him and Luke saw her, I half-expected Luke to give an audible gasp or something and completely blow her cover. The look he gives Clementine when she says she wants to stay and watch Kenny beat Carver to death is pretty priceless too. I mean come on man, do you even know a recurring villain when you see one? Only way to make sure he won't come back is to watch his face turn into pulp.

The new guys seem all right though. Mike I didn't really get a good sense for but it's obvious Jane is being set up as the next person to really influence Clementine in the following season, and I'm looking forward to that more than what happens to the rest of the old gang.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

Why does everyone think that locking Clem in the shed is "bad writing"? It's super clear that Carlos just wanted you dead in case you were one of Carver's goons. That's better writing than a group of paranoid strangers just accepting a murder machine child into their fold just because 'it's a dog bite lol also I'm a survivalist 11 year old'

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

Feminition posted:

Jeez, getting kinda tired of the whole whiplash between Kenny being completely intolerable and him being a bro, though arguably it was a lot more severe during the first season. I just feel like he was super petty and ready to bitch out Clem at any given moment last episode, while now he seems to have completely forgotten about that and is now her #1 cheerleader. God, I'm glad he's still alive even after the whole eye thing regardless, because he's honestly the one person who seems totally conscious of Clem's role as leader while others seem to just feel as if she's a tool to exploit.

I don't think he finds Clementine as the leader of the group rather he finds her to be a suitable replacement for Duck in his life. It's pretty much Kenny's new arc to not make the same mistakes as last time so he doesn't lose his duck and katjaa again. Which makes Sarita's new situation a bit more tense.

I like what they're trying to do with Kenny making us worry about whether he'll die or whether he'll get super messed up phyiscally or mentally. I gotta say when I was picking for the watching Carver die or not thing, I was thinking less of watching Carver, but making sure he didn't brutally shoot Kenny randomly which I thought would happen had I left him by himself. In a way I kinda see it like Lee to Clementine where one person has to protect the other from getting themselves killed. In this case it's a small girl trying to make sure a crazy hick doesn't get killed but I feel it holds the same ground. I'm probably making a really big stretch but that's how I view it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

laplace posted:

Why does everyone think that locking Clem in the shed is "bad writing"? It's super clear that Carlos just wanted you dead in case you were one of Carver's goons. That's better writing than a group of paranoid strangers just accepting a murder machine child into their fold just because 'it's a dog bite lol also I'm a survivalist 11 year old'

The big complaint I saw people expressing was less that she got locked in the shed, and more that she got locked in the shed without having her arm stitched up. It made Carlos look like a really lovely doctor at first glaze and caused a lot of distracting questions, even I thought he was actually putting people on about having medical training until this episode.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

laplace posted:

It's clear now that we know he's an actual doctor. It wasn't clear before episode 3, when it was pretty ambigious. A lot of us thought maybe he just didn't know what he was talking about. He clearly felt a bit guilty in episode 2, and in episode 3 it's 100% obvious that he's actually a doctor, so THEN it's super clear.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

DrNutt posted:

I kind of think maybe Luke has a drug problem. At first I was thinking He was hiding a bite, like a lot of other folks did, but his behavior was just so off. Maybe he got stressed out with the attack on the chalet and holed up in the cabin shooting smack for a few days? Or maybe he has a stash of meth somewhere?

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

DrNutt posted:

I know some people have said they don't want to see a season 3, but I think if they flash forward and make adult Clem the protagonist it might be really cool. What does the world look like ten years down the line? It would be a hell of a lot more interesting than rehashing the typical zombie apocalypse stories we've done over and over again now.

I like this idea despite the fact that being limited by the comics probably means it won't happen. I really liked the 'post-post-apocalyptic' feel that New Vegas had, and I can imagine it being kind of similar. Lots of scope for long term ethical issues too. Say the zombies can now be cured but obviously it's hugely dangerous to get them into a position where it's viable en masse, do you make every effort to do so or just write them off 99% of the time and shoot them? Maybe a bad example but I think the idea has a lot of potential.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DrNutt posted:

I know some people have said they don't want to see a season 3, but I think if they flash forward and make adult Clem the protagonist it might be really cool. What does the world look like ten years down the line? It would be a hell of a lot more interesting than rehashing the typical zombie apocalypse stories we've done over and over again now.

I would whole heartedly get behind this. As long as they wrapped up Season 2 properly to set the stage. A look into the world of a Clemdult could definitely make for an interesting game.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

OldMemes posted:

She was the best 400 Days character.

Pffffft. Russell superiority all the way, son. 'I got like sixty miles left. Ain't poo poo.' And the fact you can make him out to be a huge a-hole in his dialogue.

:buddy:: What's your name?
:fuckoff:: Asswipe.

E:

BMS posted:

I would whole heartedly get behind this. As long as they wrapped up Season 2 properly to set the stage. A look into the world of a Clemdult could definitely make for an interesting game.

Well if they're trying to keep the timeline of the game line up with the comic, they recently (comic spoilers ahoy) did a time jump of two years. Based on that, there might be some leeway. Though, are they still trying to keep this in the same 'universe' as the comic? I know they had the cameos in season one and all, but eh.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 16, 2014

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

LadyPictureShow posted:

Pffffft. Russell superiority all the way, son. 'I got like sixty miles left. Ain't poo poo.' And the fact you can make him out to be a huge a-hole in his dialogue.

:buddy:: What's your name?
:fuckoff:: Asswipe.

E:

Well if they're trying to keep the timeline of the game line up with the comic, they recently (comic spoilers ahoy) did a time jump of two years. Based on that, there might be some leeway. Though, are they still trying to keep this in the same 'universe' as the comic? I know they had the cameos in season one and all, but eh.

All they'd have to do is set the game in "ambigious location in x state" and it wouldn't be hard to avoid any kind of potential overlap with the comic.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
They could even set games in other countries. Is the entire TWD world hosed or is America just quarantined?

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

Spalec posted:

They could even set games in other countries. Is the entire TWD world hosed or is America just quarantined?

I think that's one of the greater mysteries of the series, but I haven't read the comics so maybe someone else could answer better? Thats the impression I get from the game/TV show.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Spalec posted:

I'm pretty sure the whole world is hosed.

I kind of want to see Clementine find safety somehow, not because I expect a happy ending to a zombie apocalypse story but because seeing her have to return to a peaceful life after everything she's been through would really be the most interesting direction the story could go in.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It's never said or shown outright, the author has said that he's always going to stick with the perspectives of the main cast so unless they go there we'll never find out. I don't think there's any reason not to believe it's everywhere though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

laplace posted:

I think that's one of the greater mysteries of the series, but I haven't read the comics so maybe someone else could answer better? Thats the impression I get from the game/TV show.

They hosed up in the show and had a scientist say something like, "yep France is doing okay last I heard," if I remember right.

• Locked thread