Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Michelle Obama: Talk about race

quote:

To: mdittmar

What does the ageist wookie have against old people talking about race?

4 posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 8:37:58 PM by chris37 (heartless)

quote:

Fat, effin hippo-crit

6 posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 8:39:28 PM by A_Former_Democrat (Hey 2008, we told you so)

quote:

Ask Mr. Sterling his opinion on the topic and get back to me.

10 posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 8:43:44 PM by ealgeone (obama, borderof)

quote:

Your skin is black.

Get over it.

12 posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 8:43:46 PM by Iron Munro (Malaysia Flight MH370 Black Box signals reported in Bermuda Triangle)

quote:

All people like Mrs. O ever do is talk about race. I never gave it a thought until race pimps and race baiters like her and her husband came along.
14 posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 8:44:32 PM by fatnotlazy

quote:

I’ll talk about race. Stop blaming whitey for all your problems, Michelle. Some white ethnic groups throughout history had it worse than your ancestors. The difference is that we don’t bitch about the past and work our way out of it while you’re stuck in Sh-tcago’s west or south side. Get the hell over it and grow up.

15 posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 8:45:28 PM by Darren McCarty (Abortion - legalized murder for convenience)

quote:

She can sense that her time in the sun is over. This is her last ditch attempt to push race to the fore.

Race doesn't matter, but she is unwilling to admit the truth.

It is about performance...and she knows that without the issue of race, she would never have risen above lower management at Walmart.
20 posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 8:50:52 PM by RoosterRedux

quote:

Hey Mooch,
Your entire administration and MSM do nothing but talk about race by calling me, and everyone else that opposes you, racists.

21 posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 8:51:16 PM by Organic Panic

Really the whole thing should be bolded

quote:

painful history....came here in chains.... these trigger expressions indicate to me she really doesn’t want to have a conversation.

To have a conversation one must address the issues of black mob violence taught from the breast by those who feel they are owed a debt beyond the offering of a million lives, beyond the repatriation efforts that created Liberia and passports. Beyond the affirmative action eduction grants, the job preferences, the entitlement programs for food, housing, clothing, transportation, phones and tvs that take up 38% of all federal spending. How did peaceful slaves turn into knockout-game killers within 200 years? And what is the black community going to do about it? That is the conversation we should have but we won’t.

22 posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 8:55:55 PM by blueplum

quote:

Until she and her husband came on the scene, people weren’t preoccupied with race. Now it permeates into every black’s life....I wonder if they’re proud of themselves for digging up old grudges and making the younger black generation dwell on them and become as hateful toward the white race as they are? Guess it’s their sole goal. Well, besides destroying the United States that is.

One promise kept - TRANSPARENCY!

23 posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 8:56:33 PM by Thank You Rush

quote:

Michelle, I have looked at the content of your character and it is uglier than you are.

24 posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 8:56:50 PM by ImNotLying (The Right To Bear Arms: Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless!)

quote:

We don’t need to talk about race. Someones race is inconsequential

We need to talk about behavior

The negative behaviors that are excused as “Culture”

The negative behaviors that are celebrated as “Culture”

The behaviors that keep an entire group of people stifled under the belief that handouts are part of their “Culture”

“Culture” or “Race” should not be used to wash away being animals. Feral creatures. It is behavior and behavior is voluntary.

They need to just plain stop talking about “Race” and just start behaving as people, part of the greater wonder of the human experiment instead of trying to bring humans down to their level.

25 posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 8:59:01 PM by 5Madman2 (There is no such thing as an experienced suicide bomber)

quote:

Why don’t we talk about white hating, racist wookies? How should we punish them?

26 posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 9:01:29 PM by MtnClimber (Just doing laps around the sun and shaking my head that progressives can believe what they do!)

quote:

Hey Michelle!

#Whitegirlbleedalot

#Knockoutgame

#50yearsofAffirmativeActionisEnough

38 posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 9:22:28 PM by exit82 ("The Taliban is on the inside of the building" E. Nordstrom 10-10-12)

quote:

I must agree with mochelle here.

Blacks are racist and I never fear talking about it.

51 posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 11:22:44 PM by Finalmente

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

We don’t need to talk about race. Someones race is inconsequential

he said, before launching into a rant about how their race makes them subhuman.

Ah well even if that post was horrifying I got a kick out of Freepers saying that OAS was actually a liberal false flag because their goal was to overthrow the government, and true conservatives would never call for that. :allears:

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Twelve by Pies posted:

he said, before launching into a rant about how their race makes them subhuman.

Ah well even if that post was horrifying I got a kick out of Freepers saying that OAS was actually a liberal false flag because their goal was to overthrow the government, and true conservatives would never call for that. :allears:

Let's be honest, its more because hardly anyone showed up to it instead of millions of patriots to take back are country. Just like how Romney was going to win in a gigantic landslide in both the PV and EV because of the silent masses of patriots and bla bla bla.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

say no to bats posted:

Let's be honest, its more because hardly anyone showed up to it instead of millions of patriots to take back are country. Just like how Romney was going to win in a gigantic landslide in both the PV and EV because of the silent masses of patriots and bla bla bla.

It must be terrifying to be part of such an angry generation that has had all their tantrums given in to and everything given to them while loving everything to finding your political demands utterly trampled at every turn

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I'm going to cite this collection as the definitive point where Freepers went full-on Stormfront (or Chimpout, or...)

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

no you're thinking of the 1% biker guys. The 3% thing is supposed to represent the 3% of colonists who actively fought in the Revolution. Not even going into how dubious that number is, they are literally comparing themselves to Revolutionary War soldiers.

Also, being a 1% does in no way equal being a nazi. It's a reference to an American Motorcycle Association dude saying back in the day that "only 1% of bikers are outlaws". While outlaw bikers often wear iron crosses and steel helmets and poo poo, it's not necessarily symptomatic of white supremacist beliefs, they're just being provos.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I thought that is meant as "only 1%of bikers are violent" and they are impying that they are the violent type.

Not sure. I gave up on sons of anarchy after the baby kidnapping

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
How did peaceful slaves turn into knockout-game killers within 200 years?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Letting women work and vote :argh:. The children had no mother at home and had nothing to do but punch white people and accept welfare!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Wasn't this the premise of a Chapelle's Show sketch? Come to think of it, Freepers are the type of people to watch Chapelle and think "he's right, blacks are just like that!" I.e., the reason Dave Chapelle quit.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Jurgan posted:

Wasn't this the premise of a Chapelle's Show sketch? Come to think of it, Freepers are the type of people to watch Chapelle and think "he's right, blacks are just like that!" I.e., the reason Dave Chapelle quit.

Yes, except he was also a white supremacist.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

computer parts posted:

Yes, except he was also a white supremacist.

And married to a... Well, watch the skit.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Now Freep is afraid that the government is going to take their old cars.

The Old Car Loophole – When Will It Be Closed?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3157097/posts

If you click this guys link you get a bunch of pictures that either looks like cars getting ready to be shipped or pictures like this:

(Those are cars from the NY metro area after Sandy). Anyone know anymore info on companies scrapping new cars?

quote:

To: dynachrome
They’d really like another cash for clunkers. Enforced this time around. This may be why:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-16/where-worlds-unsold-cars-go-die

2 posted on 5/17/2014 7:52:27 AM by Black Agnes

quote:

The push to raise tax revenue through ‘miles driven’ is the way the Tyrants will do it. Just like the truck drivers are forced to have GPS to track these miles, so it will go for passenger cars. Those who don’t comply due to having an older car will have to get a new one or ride the bus. And why is this happening? The corruption is rampant with waste, misuse and misappropriation. Michigan collects millions and millions of gas taxes each year, but none of it is earmarked to be spent on the roads by law & design. So, where do you think it goes? The roads were in better shape when we spent 50 cents a gallon.

4 posted on 5/17/2014 8:01:54 AM by Sioux-san

quote:

To: Sioux-san
Where does it go?

Like Marion Barry. Crack and hookers. Lots of crack and hookers.

5 posted on 5/17/2014 8:03:12 AM by Black Agnes

You almost end up feeling sorry for this guy. The sad thing is that if there was some kind of better, I don't know...support system it wouldn't cost out of pocket to install a wheelchair lift in his car.

quote:

And of course in reality who will suffer the most from eliminating older cars? The persons which that is all they can afford. Cash for Clunkers was a sinful waste of many times good cars with perhaps over 100K miles life left in them which lower income persons like myself buy.
Cash for clunkers happened about the time we needed to buy another USED van. I had to look for over a month in four different counties to find one.

My newest vehicle is a 98 Dodge 2500 High Top Conversion van. Now is it my first choice of a vehicle? No. But necessity dictates we have to have one. It can accommodate a 350 lb hydraulic wheelchair lift and haul a motorized wheelchair. The high top gives needed clearance so my wife doesn't hit her head on the ceiling. The only other options are very expensive. Either a used transport bus used by agencies or a mini van with the floorboard lowered. The mini van will not make it up our driveway so that would mean having to sell our home and move. No thanks, it's paid for.

Our government overlord Idiots believe We The People are too stupid to purchase a vehicle based on our own needs and taste. They'll pry my 95 F-100 from my cold dead hands because I'm not giving it up either.

11 posted on 5/17/2014 8:38:37 AM by cva66snipe ((Two Choices left for U.S. One Nation Under GOD or One Nation Under Judgment? Which one say ye?))

:tinfoil:

quote:

To: cva66snipe
It’s also Agenda 21. Make it too expensive for poor people to drive their own vehicles. It would eliminate rural poor altogether.

14 posted on 5/17/2014 8:48:24 AM by Black Agnes

Back in my day it was your god given right to buy a car without a seatbelt and airbag.

quote:

Because the old car hobby is graying.
This is unfortunate but true. I was instantly drawn to hotrods and performance cars as a kid and have pursued it as a hobby all my life. I'm going to a swap meet later today where I'm sure I'll find the median age at about 53.

I'm reluctant to make blanket statements so let me just say that all of my efforts to entice kids into the hobby have fallen on deaf ears. They just don't have any interest. So many kids these days see cars only for their utility value - they don't appreciate technology (unless it is built-in electronics) or performance (although I'll admit that a lot of cars these days are pretty peppy).

Customizing cars seems limited to putting in bigger speakers and an amplifier. Taking a torch to one seems like a lost art these days.

*Sigh* - another facet of Americana being polished off in favor of shapeless, flavorless, boring blobs.

16 posted on 5/17/2014 8:52:49 AM by rockrr (Everything is different now...)

quote:

To: rockrr
Cars being built today aren't suitable for customizing. I turned 16 in 1973. Guys in high school were driving 55 Chevy's old 50's model trucks, 60's Chevy's Fords, etc. Most of the guys did their own customizing and own mechanical work.
Today to get a car a 16 year old could work on you would have to go back into the 1980's and cars being built then were mainly junk. The cars we drove you could sit on the hood. Today's cars it would cause several thousand dollars damage LOL.

The thing is todays cars are not built for the average shade tree mechanic to work on. My ex-father in law is a retired mechanic. He mainly worked on diesel engines but could fix any of the older engines from old VW bugs to a Detroit 671. He takes his car to the shop. In 1976 I had a new F-100. I could fix anything on it. Tune ups were easy you just climbed under the hood and sat down on the wheel well. Last year I changed out the plug wires and plugs on my 95 F-100 w/302 and I was cussing. I had to stand on a step ladder bending down into the engine to reach parts I could not even see.

Yesterday I was at my cousins house and his 97 Toyota 4Runner needed a new water pump. I never saw such a mess in my life. The older cars you could fix on the side of the road in a few hours. Todays cars a sensor located in some obscure place will leave you sitting and only a garage with a diagnostics system can determine which one is bad. The Crank Positioning Sensor is notorious for this. With breaker points you had some warning. I've had at least 3 tow bills because of that one issue.

My dream car fix up I never got to do. I bought my sisters 65 Mercury Comet. I had every intention of putting a 302 in it :>} But at the time there were kids to raise and bills to pay. But I did have a 71 Torino with a 302 stock. My youngest daughter needed a car so it got traded off. There was no way I was turning her loose with that LOL.

20 posted on 5/17/2014 9:24:11 AM by cva66snipe ((Two Choices left for U.S. One Nation Under GOD or One Nation Under Judgment? Which one say ye?))

:stare:

quote:

To: Black Agnes
The longer I have lived, the more convinced I am that feminism is true Hate Group.

“Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience.” – Catherine Comins

----------------------------------------------------------

“I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig.” — Andrea Dworkin

----------------------------------------------------------

We constantly see female politicians pushing their "solutions" which in reality are nothing more than an attack on masculinity, men, and boys.

Ban guns. Ban classic cars. Ban male sexuality. Ban contact sports.

You won't see Diane Feinstein or Barbara Boxer running to the Senate floor to denounce and propose a ban on hair relaxers and skin lighteners marketed to, and used on, black women because those products are highly toxic and bad for the environment (which the both happen to be).

No, they want to ban classic cars now.

I am not a psychiatrist, but I do know what the Bible says about the soul and heart of us humans. And I would wager that the root of feminist hatred is really a hatred towards the ultimate in "patriarchy" - God Himself.

24 posted on 5/17/2014 9:42:19 AM by SkyPilot
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Plinkey posted:

You almost end up feeling sorry for this guy. The sad thing is that if there was some kind of better, I don't know...support system it wouldn't cost out of pocket to install a wheelchair lift in his car.

gently caress him. If he really loved his wife, he'd get off his lazy rear end and get some more money.

icecastle
Jun 9, 2008

Centripetal Horse posted:

gently caress him. If he really loved his wife, he'd get off his lazy rear end and get some more money.

You know that he's lazy and not working how?

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012

icecastle posted:

You know that he's lazy and not working how?

Because he's not a wealthy captain of industry yet! Bootstraps!

Minghawk
Oct 9, 2012

Jurgan posted:

And a Lenny Henry sketch in the late 70s/early 80s, so it's not exactly the freshest of material.

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !

Tias posted:

Also, being a 1% does in no way equal being a nazi. It's a reference to an American Motorcycle Association dude saying back in the day that "only 1% of bikers are outlaws". While outlaw bikers often wear iron crosses and steel helmets and poo poo, it's not necessarily symptomatic of white supremacist beliefs, they're just being provos.

Hunter S Thompson wrote an excellent account of the Hell's Angels back when they were relevant, surpisingly called Hell's Angels, that covers this whole 1% business in depth. He basically surmises that if the Angels wanted to freak anyone out properly, they should have worn the hammer and sickle rather than the iron cross.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Here's Why Red Lobster Is Dying

It's Obama's Fault! :argh:

quote:

To: rickmichaels

The cheddar-biscuit purveyor's demise is being hastened by a growing American preference for micro-managing meals that can be scarfed down quickly.

Sorry HuffPo, but that ain't true.

People can't afford to eat out anymore thanks to Obama and Obamacare.

Even the local taverns and mom-and-pop family diners are suffering.

3 posted on 5/17/2014, 4:41:44 PM by Extremely Extreme Extremist (100% pure organic, free-range conservative)

quote:

To: ArtDodger

That and the fact that Michelle Obama pronounced she has stock in these chains, I do believe. I vowed never to eat at Longhorn, Red Lobster (particularly on crab leg night) or Olive Garden.

Much better and cheaper to eat at home. When conservatives get back into office, then I might consider eating out more than once or twice a year.

The low information soccer moms feed their children a steady diet of mcdonalds and then cram them full of ADHD and anti-depressant meds.

8 posted on 5/17/2014, 4:44:52 PM by AbolishCSEU (Percentage of Income in CS is inversely proportionate to Mother's parenting of children)

Mcdonald's is worse than Red Lobster? Shocking.

quote:

I have eaten out 2 times that I can recall in the last 20 years. Once was at Red Lobster for my Brother-in-Law’s retirement meal.

I ordered everything I could think of that I wanted and it was great. About 5 years ago, I was moving and had to eat lunch in town. I tried McDonald’s and it was awful. Nothing like I remember it being when I was young.

15 posted on 5/17/2014, 4:46:58 PM by yarddog (Romans 8: verses 38 and 39. "For I am persuaded".)

Obama! :argh:

quote:

Darden has been infected and dying since the day they joined arms with Moochelle. I know people who will never go there again because of her meddling with those restaurants.

24 posted on 5/17/2014, 4:52:50 PM by dforest

So close and yet so far.

quote:

In Huntsville, Alabama the Red Lobster and Olive Garden are always swamped with business. Prime meal time waits are routinely 45 minutes to 1 hour.

The big reason that these restaurants are suffering is the economy SUCKS! Inflation has run about 8% per year for the things I buy. I have not received anywhere near the raises to keep up with inflation the past 5 years.

27 posted on 5/17/2014, 4:56:40 PM by Bryan24 (When in doubt, move to the right..........)

quote:

To: blueplum

So many people look like slobs nowadays. It’s as though they don’t care enough about themselves to make an effort.

32 posted on 5/17/2014, 5:00:38 PM by CatherineofAragon ((Support Christian white males---the architects of the jewel known as Western Civilization).)

Have I mentioned Obama? :argh:

quote:

To: txhurl

Darden donates heavily to democRATS. The service they provide is not different from the obommacare service people will get. People won’t go to Darden eateries voluntarily, but obummercare is at gunpoint. How many citizens will pay their politicians back for obummercair and make them bankrupt?

43 posted on 5/17/2014, 5:06:25 PM by MtnClimber (Just doing laps around the sun and shaking my head that progressives can believe what they do!)

quote:

To: dforest

Darden has been infected and dying since the day they joined arms with Moochelle. I know people who will never go there again because of her meddling with those restaurants.

RL has had a decades-long reputation for being overpriced and providing lousy service and low quality food. It was no surprise that such types would cozy up to the Obamas as a way of "improving" their reputation and sales.

The Obamas are the kiss of death to any business or business person who foolishly consorts with them because as idiots, they believe they can make a deal with the devil and come out ahead.

61 posted on 5/17/2014, 5:26:34 PM by Ezekiel (All who mourn the destruction of America merit the celebration of her rebirth.)

quote:

To: AbolishCSEU

“The low information soccer moms feed their children a steady diet of mcdonalds and then cram them full of ADHD and anti-depressant meds.”

Wouldn’t that be low-information, low-income/welfare moms?

Around here, soccer moms only make sure their precious babes get only the best of everything.

69 posted on 5/17/2014, 5:31:31 PM by catnipman (Cat Nipman: Vote Republican in 2012 and only be called racist one more time!)

The linked article used Chipotle as a comparison to Red Lobster, and well...

quote:

To: MCH

“Went to Chipotle once...
VERY poor selection of food. Will never go back.
I think you have to develop a taste for Mexican goulash slopped into a bowl.”

Mexican food is poverty food. Beans and rice, rice and beans, cheese, a bit of meat. Taco, burrito, enchilada, frijoles, it’s all the same poor mans dinner. No way I’m buying into gourmet and Mexican food.

79 posted on 5/17/2014, 5:54:29 PM by 9422WMR (: " Tolerance is the virtue of a man who has no convictions".)

O. BA. MA. :argh:

quote:

To: AbolishCSEU

Since the chain kowtowed to Moochelle’s demands for her idea of good food, and the fact they us crappy shrimp I never go there.

86 posted on 5/17/2014, 6:11:44 PM by Citizen Soldier ("You care far too much what is written and said about you." Axelrod to Obama 2006)

To be fair most of the thread realized that a combination of expensive, bad food and lousy service is a much more likely culprit than anything else.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Hahaha I knew Freep would be angry when I read about that :mmmhmm:

e: But nice to know that even Freep is mostly capable of recognizing that Red Lobster is just too much money for what you get and more or less got themselves into poo poo with bad business practices.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 18, 2014

Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx

quote:

To: blueplum

So many people look like slobs nowadays. It’s as though they don’t care enough about themselves to make an effort.

32 posted on 5/17/2014, 5:00:38 PM by CatherineofAragon ((Support Christian white males---the architects of the jewel known as Western Civilization).)

Ahhh I forgot all about CatherineofAragon...such a classy name/tagline, because only a classy person would know that architects make jewelry.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

You forgot the best one:

quote:

About 5 years ago, my wife and I went out to lunch at Red Lobster after church. They were offering all you can eat shrimp.After a couple plates, I began feeling nauseous, and made it to the men’s room just in time. I then splashed some cold water on my face,walked back to our table, and had two more plates. I don’t think I’ve been there since.

78 posted on 5/17/2014 5:44:35 PM by Freestate316 (Know what you believe and why you believe it.)

I almost got sick, but god drat if I'm not going to get my money's worth. :911:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Almost? The guy threw up and then came back for seconds.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Wanamingo posted:

Well, he said "after a couple plates" so probably thirds or fourths.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
shrimp vomit, shrimp diarrhea, shrimp poisoning, shrimp toilet gumbo

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
spicy shrimp rear end in a top hat, shrimp lip swell, shrimp a la Montezuma

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

To: cva66snipe
It’s also Agenda 21. Make it too expensive for poor people to drive their own vehicles. It would eliminate rural poor altogether.

14 posted on 5/17/2014 8:48:24 AM by Black Agnes

It's so cute when Freepers pretend they care about the poor. :allears:

quote:

The Obamas are the kiss of death to any business or business person who foolishly consorts with them

They're right you know, I remember how Subway closed down because Michelle Obama did something with them.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Wanamingo posted:

Once upon a time, forums poster Shumagorath described TobleroneTriangular's posting style (still in character at the time) as reminiscent of the sound of a man who's eaten too much expired shellfish vomiting all over the pavement until his rear end in a top hat pukers and he passes out. I cannot help but see a connection here.

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's so cute when Freepers pretend they care about the poor. :allears:

Well, the rural poor AKA white people like them.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

quote:

quote:
To: MeshugeMikey

That is so stupid.

The water from the melting Antarctic ice sheets is down at the bottom of the world. There is no way it can come uphill so far as to be a threat to Washington DC.

The only way that water could flood DC is if someone turned the world upside down and it all flowed down to Washington.

Some people have no scientific knowledge at all. What idiots!

12 posted on 5/16/2014, 10:31:13 AM by oldbill
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

I refuse to believe something written with this level of grammatical precision can also be this incredibly stupid. This is some kind of troll/honey pot for sure.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
shockingly, people who have been around roughly 7 decades more than all of us are in fact familiar with the concept of humor and jokes

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I can't think of a better encapsulation of "freeper" than a man powering down bad shrimp, vomiting and doggedly continuing to eat the same shrimp.

Dirty Job posted:

I refuse to believe something written with this level of grammatical precision can also be this incredibly stupid. This is some kind of troll/honey pot for sure.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

SedanChair posted:

I can't think of a better encapsulation of "freeper" than a man powering down bad shrimp, vomiting and doggedly continuing to eat the same shrimp.

That really takes some determination, because your brain has a built in safety switch. Think about the last time something made you sick, or you even suspected that something made you sick; how long was it before you ate it again? Your brain doesn't like poison, and any food that poisons your body is on the not edible list for a long long time.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Well, the rural poor AKA white people like them.

Believe it or not Freep has attacked even the white poor, I think I remember it happening in a thread about West Virginia. I distinctly remember being surprised about it since I always assumed their hatred of the poor was because of racism and that white poors were "the good ones."

Pohl posted:

Think about the last time something made you sick, or you even suspected that something made you sick; how long was it before you ate it again?

One time I got sick off gummi bears, not even because they were bad, I just ate too much of them, even hearing the words "gummi bears" made me feel nauseous for a couple of years after that.

Oddly though gummi worms were totally fine even during that time.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Boogoose posted:

Hunter S Thompson wrote an excellent account of the Hell's Angels back when they were relevant, surpisingly called Hell's Angels, that covers this whole 1% business in depth. He basically surmises that if the Angels wanted to freak anyone out properly, they should have worn the hammer and sickle rather than the iron cross.

Yeah, no kidding ;) It's much the same with rock couture: People don't really worry about fascist imagery, but one quote about spreading the wealth and you're front page material, and not in a good way.

Pohl posted:

That really takes some determination, because your brain has a built in safety switch. Think about the last time something made you sick, or you even suspected that something made you sick; how long was it before you ate it again? Your brain doesn't like poison, and any food that poisons your body is on the not edible list for a long long time.

Their politics work the same way!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Oh Gross, Freep talking about my town. I mean, it was a safe better there was at least 1 freeper living here, but now I know for sure.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Tias posted:

Yeah, no kidding ;) It's much the same with rock couture: People don't really worry about fascist imagery, but one quote about spreading the wealth and you're front page material, and not in a good way.

Well there's also that biker gang activity was a fairly major part of Nazi SA activities:

To the point that Norman Spinrad's famous satirization of Nazi-lite themes in sci-fi and fantasy places fictional Hitler's sci-fi army on motorcycles:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Install Windows posted:

Well there's also that biker gang activity was a fairly major part of Nazi SA activities:

To the point that Norman Spinrad's famous satirization of Nazi-lite themes in sci-fi and fantasy places fictional Hitler's sci-fi army on motorcycles:

"Yeah, I'm riding my giant iron cockbike. Look at my bitchin' collar, deal with it."

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Install Windows posted:

Man, Wolfenstein's viral marketing is getting weird.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Dirty Job posted:

How long have you been reading this thread? Because after a while of seeing Poe's Law brutally beaten by these old avatars of hate, spite, and ignorance, you start taking everything at face value, because there's about a 2% chance of it being satire or sarcasm.

Blarghalt posted:

Man, Wolfenstein's viral marketing is getting weird.

Hoverbike Hitler has TWO popped collars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Brodolf Hitler rides hard. He got Hugo Boss pimping that poo poo.

• Locked thread