Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
If that gig was in my country I would go to it in a heartbeat............

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
Joyce Manor put up a song from their next album that I'm really looking forward to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCuhb-RlbGk

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Oh my loving god you guys

http://www.badreligion.com/news/index/id/251/Summer_Nationals_tour_announced/

I just died and went to heaven. This is unreal. The Offspring playing the entirety of Smash? Holy fuuuuuuuck

Of course this isn't coming to Minneapolis. I swear, Bad Religion hates me, they never play in the city I'm currently living in until I move away. Maybe one of these days I'll finally see them.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

stay depressed posted:

the even funniest thing is that people will pay for it and go see those terrible ancient bands while the actual good and cool punk bands in your own hometown or close to it are playing in basements for 15 people for basically free

The Vandals loving own though.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
When I was like 16 I crowd surfed during a Vandals set and someone thew me on the ground and said "DO THAT poo poo OVER THERE" and pointed to the stage where like Fall Out Boy or something was playing.

Yeah, I went to Warped Tour when I was 16.

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009

Kevar posted:

Yeah, I went to Warped Tour when I was 16.

Isn't that when everyone goes?

Also, any recommendations for some hardcore punk bands? Not sure if what I consider hardcore actually is, but I mean in the vein of This Is Hell, Bane, Comeback Kid, AFI's Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes, the sort of stuff that is almost thrash but not quite.

Hobbit
Dec 5, 2009

The Undisputed Despot
of The Atoll of Misfit Toys

I'd love to be a lawyer at this festival: Danzig and the Misfits, Black Flag and Henry Rollins.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Can't help but laugh at that line up. Chain of Strength, Judge, Strife, Earth Crisis. So weird when looking at the rest of it.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The Blood Brothers are doing a reunion tour, too

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
The only good thing about that Bad Religion tour is the dates with Stiff Little Fingers.

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011

rivals posted:

Can't help but laugh at that line up. Chain of Strength, Judge, Strife, Earth Crisis. So weird when looking at the rest of it.

thats local to me. the lineup is always a joke, mall metal and old bands no one cares about anymore featuring a few good hardcore bands (and mostly only tough guy poo poo). last year was a clusterfuck with over 50 000 attending in a town of barely 1000

edit : that flyer reminded me ignite were a thing. last time i saw em the guitarist called someone a human being and everyone turned on them.

HATEPOSTING fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 19, 2014

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

HATEPOSTING posted:

thats local to me. the lineup is always a joke, mall metal and old bands no one cares about anymore featuring a few good hardcore bands (and mostly only tough guy poo poo). last year was a clusterfuck with over 50 000 attending in a town of barely 1000

edit : that flyer reminded me ignite were a thing. last time i saw em the guitarist called someone a human being and everyone turned on them.

IIRC small local bands had to sell way too many tickets to even be allowed to play, and also yea the people who attended last year absolutely trashed the small town that hosts it

a lot of people i know want to go out of nostalgia for the bands going and i can't help thinking i'd be super stoked to go when i was 14 a decade ago

BrosephofArimathea
Jan 31, 2005

I've finally come to grips with the fact that the sky fucking fell.

Tennis Ball posted:

Also, any recommendations for some hardcore punk bands? Not sure if what I consider hardcore actually is, but I mean in the vein of This Is Hell, Bane, Comeback Kid, AFI's Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes, the sort of stuff that is almost thrash but not quite.

I'd throw out - in rough order - Strife, Ensign, Tragedy, Verse, Terror, Have Heart, Dead Swans, With Honor, Blood for Blood, Give Up The Ghost/American Nightmare, The Hope Conspiracy, The Warriors, Only Crime (which is also Aaron from Bane), Slapshot, Hoods, Kid Dynamite.

Stuff that's kinda similar but not quite but you might as well Spotify anyways: boysetsfire (if you can get past the slow whiny parts, which I personally enjoy), Modern Life Is War (who are a bit slower and a bit heavier), Poison the Well/Shai Hulud/Snapcase (more melodic and progressive), Integrity (more metal, and kind of douchebags). And even though The Internet Does Not Approve, the first alexisonfire LP is pretty blistering. Ditto for Funeral for a Friend.

Maybe throw in Madball, even though they often sound like a second rate Sick Of It All playing Agnostic Front covers.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Tennis Ball posted:

That's the only acceptable age, but I know people well into their 20s who still go to that poo poo.

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011

Tennis Ball posted:

killing the dream. final fight. touche amore. in the face of war. miles away?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
In The Face Of War is so loving good and it's a shame not enough people got into them. Saw them at Dudefest uhhhh 08? and it was great.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Seconding Final Fight and In The Face Of War recommendations, I'll add Ruiner to the list.

BrosephofArimathea posted:

Maybe throw in Madball, even though they often sound like a second rate Sick Of It All playing Agnostic Front covers.

Then why not throw in Sick Of It All themselves?

BrosephofArimathea
Jan 31, 2005

I've finally come to grips with the fact that the sky fucking fell.

elbkaida posted:

Then why not throw in Sick Of It All themselves?

I just assume everyone has heard SOIA.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Are they still well known? I'm old so have no idea, I'd reckon many young hardcore kids would be more familiar with e.g. Terror, which you mentioned.

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009

elbkaida posted:

Are they still well known? I'm old so have no idea, I'd reckon many young hardcore kids would be more familiar with e.g. Terror, which you mentioned.

I'm not familiar with them, but I don't know how "young" I would be considered (25 yo). I just listened to post-hardcore and metalcore for the majority of my life.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

stay depressed posted:

the even funniest thing is that people will pay for it and go see those terrible ancient bands while the actual good and cool punk bands in your own hometown or close to it are playing in basements for 15 people for basically free

This, and when people are asked about the music scene in the town they say "there is nothing to do here!" and when you correct them and invite them, they never show.

Jerks.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
New YAITW is streaming and it RULES. Blackened hardcore done right. http://pitchfork.com/advance/444-when-life-comes-to-death/

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

nomapple posted:

New YAITW is streaming and it RULES. Blackened hardcore done right. http://pitchfork.com/advance/444-when-life-comes-to-death/

I've been waiting for this album to come out. It's so good.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Tennis Ball posted:

I'm not familiar with them, but I don't know how "young" I would be considered (25 yo). I just listened to post-hardcore and metalcore for the majority of my life.

That means you were already 5 when Scratch the Surface came out. No excuse, dude!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Old Gray/Tiny Moving Parts split is streaming, for you screamo and emo fans.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Gallows is amazing and you should listen to them forever. Grey Britain is so loving good. Orchestra of Wolves is also awesome.

I'm not as fond of their newer stuff with the dude from Alexisonfire because the older stuff was more punky, but it's good in its own way.

Edit: does Minor Threat count or what?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Are you seriously asking if Minor Threat counts as punk/hardcore?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Are you seriously asking if Minor Threat counts as punk/hardcore?

No I meant that more as seeing if he already listened to/considered Minor Threat since they were mysteriously absent from his list

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

No I meant that more as seeing if he already listened to/considered Minor Threat since they were mysteriously absent from his list

I enjoy Minor Threat, just don't listen a whole lot because of the production values. I'm a dick like that.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Tennis Ball posted:

I enjoy Minor Threat, just don't listen a whole lot because of the production values. I'm a dick like that.

Haha

I guess if you want thrashy stuff listen to Propagandhi from Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes on. Their first two albums sound more like 90's NOFX

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

nomapple posted:

My preordered copy shipped yesterday and should arrive this week. I got the download today from Deathwish and I've been listening to it all day it's so loving awesome.

"Weep in my Dust" is such a sick jam. I can't wait to see them live so I can two-step through the whole song until the "OH!" at 1:42 and get kicked out.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
So Bob Mould has a new album coming out in a few weeks, and two singles from it, Hey Mr. Gray and I Don’t Know You Anymore are streaming right now.

It's basically seems to be more of Silver Age (both in sound and lyrical subject matter), which is fine with me.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

ShoogaSlim posted:

My preordered copy shipped yesterday and should arrive this week. I got the download today from Deathwish and I've been listening to it all day it's so loving awesome.

"Weep in my Dust" is such a sick jam. I can't wait to see them live so I can two-step through the whole song until the "OH!" at 1:42 and get kicked out.

:hfive:

My pre-order copy should be here tomorrow so I've been listening to the download. They played a bunch of these songs live when I saw them earlier this year, they were fuckin' killer live.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

alg posted:

:hfive:

My pre-order copy should be here tomorrow so I've been listening to the download. They played a bunch of these songs live when I saw them earlier this year, they were fuckin' killer live.

My tracking shows that it was out for delivery this morning. Can't wait to get home from work and rip that jam hard.

They're playing a record release show in NC for only :10bux: ! Too bad I live in NYC and none of my friends care about road trips anymore and are "retired" from shows. Pussies.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Going to BLED Fest tomorrow. My schedule looks like this:

1:40 - Rescuer
2:55 - Alaska (MI)
3:20 - Captain, We're Sinking
3:45 - Secret Grief
4:10 - The Saddest Landscape
4:35 - Old Gray
5:00 - Bane
5:50 - Dowsing
6:35 - Self Defense Family
7:30 - Either Cruel Hand or Empire! Empire! depending on my mood
7:55 - The Menzingers
8:20 - Frameworks (though I might dip and catch Dads' set at some point)
8:50 - Title Fight

Super pumped for Bane, The Saddest Landscape and Captain, We're Sinking. Will report back on Sunday or Saturday night.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Saw Thee Nodes last night and it was insane! Just this total air of danger.

My band, Brain Zaps, has done some stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-xqOK7kEG4

Punk rock! Slime! Dancing girls! Shirtless Count Chocula!

http://brain-zaps.bandcamp.com/album/brain-zaps-slime-tapes-3-brighton-up-live

New live album!

We're playing the Lansdowne on June 5th with Reptiles and June 12th at the Captain Cook.

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

i love thee nodes i saw them a few weeks ago, i wish i had picked up a 7"

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Spraynard reunion weekend was amazing. So glad those nerds are back together.

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

Schremp Howard posted:

Spraynard reunion weekend was amazing. So glad those nerds are back together.

Agreed. And laser tag was punk as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirkCameronCrowe
May 26, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

Going to BLED Fest tomorrow. My schedule looks like this:

1:40 - Rescuer
2:55 - Alaska (MI)
3:20 - Captain, We're Sinking
3:45 - Secret Grief
4:10 - The Saddest Landscape
4:35 - Old Gray
5:00 - Bane
5:50 - Dowsing
6:35 - Self Defense Family
7:30 - Either Cruel Hand or Empire! Empire! depending on my mood
7:55 - The Menzingers
8:20 - Frameworks (though I might dip and catch Dads' set at some point)
8:50 - Title Fight

Super pumped for Bane, The Saddest Landscape and Captain, We're Sinking. Will report back on Sunday or Saturday night.

Cool to see someone here that went to Bled Fest, I saw Better Off! (never heard of till then, thought they played great), Tiny Moving Parts (same as Better Off!), Dowsing (great set, their singer Erik is a blast to see, he always seems really into it and happy about playing), Direct Hit! (funny guys, great set), then headed to Stage A till Title Fight because I wanted a good spot for them. Got to see Cruel Hand (shoutout to the guy that dove off the tower of speakers), Dads, Man Overboard (ugh) from a distance. Title Fight was great, perfect ending to the day. Also got to pick up the Annabel/Dowsing split 2 days early, I'd check it out, I'm really liking it.