Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Did Littlefinger always sound so Irish? It seems like the actor forgot how to do his accent or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Bobo the Red posted:

Which does leave the delicious notion that if Sansa ever does find out what Littlefinger did, she is gonna loving snap. Sansa is too much of a Stark to not have knifed someone yet.
I think we've had two bits of foreshadowing this season.

Tyrion: "Sansa isn't a killer... yet."

Robin: "When we get married, you can tell me if you don't like somebody and then we'll bring them back here and WHOOSH! Right through the moon door."
Sansa: *pensive glance* "I like the sound of that."

Sounds like somebody's character is about to take a dark turn. :suspense:

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Alopex posted:

Plus, Dany's unquestionably in charge in that relationship/that entire continent, and Sansa is more or less completely powerless against Littlefinger's creepy advances.

She's basically his captive. He's literally murdered several people in front of her and is a habitual liar, I'm sure if she could be somewhere else and be safe, she would. Doting on a beautiful warrior queen half your age is not nearly as bad as capturing someone then perving on them because they look like their mother.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Sansa's always had that "one day I'm gonna go Carrie on everyone's asses" thing about her.

She has certainly had enough metaphorical buckets of pig's blood by now.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

precision posted:

Why do people think it's creepy for Littlefinger to like Sansa but not for Jorah to like Dany, Jorah seems older than LF for sure and Dany is younger than Sansa for sure as well.

e: wait no, Dany is 2 years older right? Sansa was 14 and Dany was 16 in season 1. Still, Jorah's like 45 and LF seems 40 maybe

Dany was at least 17 at the start because it was 17 years since Robert's Rebellion and the beginning, and she had to have been alive for that. Sansa on the other hand was 14 at the end of Season 3.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AMReese posted:

I don't think they'd consider The Mountain honorable at all. Of course they'd be upset.

...and that settles it.

There's no way that Tyrion wins the trial by combat twice in a book by GRRM. I'm pretty convinced the mountain is going to split Oberyn in twain and that Tyrion is toast shortly thereafter. Why else have a send off for Bronn? I had no idea Bronn was leaving for good until this thread today but how things are working out and how GRRM is, I now totally believe that Tyrion is a goner. He is giving us hope and he's going to dash it either next week or by the end of the season.

And that loving sucks because there's nobody left to root for once he's gone. He's the only protagonist unless you count John Snuh or the dragons. No I don't mean Khaleesi. HBO is going to have a hell of a time running a campaign next offseason if Peter Dinklage is gone.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

sharktamer posted:

Did Littlefinger always sound so Irish? It seems like the actor forgot how to do his accent or something.

Wikipedia posted:

Mockingbirds are a group of New World passerine birds from the Mimidae family. They are best known for the habit of some species mimicking the songs of other birds and the sounds of insects and amphibians.

His house sigil is a mockingbird. He brought Robin (also a bird) a bird toy. I think it's pretty safe to assume that Littlefinger is half bird, half man.

e: it's probably just bad acting

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

AMReese posted:

Hmm... or he could go to Stannis, and fight against against his family and King's Landing that way.

Nah. Tyrion would not mesh well with Stannis' corporate culture. He'd be much better suited in Essos or maybe Dorne.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Dany was at least 17 at the start because it was 17 years since Robert's Rebellion and the beginning, and she had to have been alive for that. Sansa on the other hand was 14 at the end of Season 3.

Dany is actually born at the tail end of the Rebellion, as they flee to Essos. But I guess that counts as "alive" for it. You could kind of cut it as 16 or 17 I suppose.

kiimo posted:

...and that settles it.

There's no way that Tyrion wins the trial by combat twice in a book by GRRM. I'm pretty convinced the mountain is going to split Oberyn in twain and that Tyrion is toast shortly thereafter. Why else have a send off for Bronn? I had no idea Bronn was leaving for good until this thread today but how things are working out and how GRRM is, I now totally believe that Tyrion is a goner. He is giving us hope and he's going to dash it either next week or by the end of the season.

And that loving sucks because there's nobody left to root for once he's gone. He's the only protagonist unless you count John Snuh or the dragons. No I don't mean Khaleesi. HBO is going to have a hell of a time running a campaign next offseason if Peter Dinklage is gone.

There's always the White Walkers.

Also, keep in mind trial by combat doesn't always end in death. Tywin can't exactly have the Mountain cleave the poo poo out of Oberyn, because he's said that he needs Dorne on his side to keep everything together. If Oberyn is about to lose, Tywin can call it then and also have reasonably satisfied his agreement with Oberyn. At least he'll have salvaged the situation the best he could.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Also, keep in mind trial by combat doesn't always end in death. Tywin can't exactly have the Mountain cleave the poo poo out of Oberyn, because he's said that he needs Dorne on his side to keep everything together. If Oberyn is about to lose, Tywin can call it then and also have reasonably satisfied his agreement with Oberyn. At least he'll have salvaged the situation the best he could.

Because the Mountain is likely to obey a command that results in him NOT killing something/someone? :v:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Shath Hole posted:

Because the Mountain is likely to obey a command that results in him NOT killing something/someone? :v:

When it comes from Tywin loving Lannister he might.

ironlung posted:

A total GoT thing would be for The Mountain to have Oberyn on the ropes, Tywin yells for the combat to stop, and then The Mountain chops Oberyn in half anyway.

Hahaha I can totally loving see this actually.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 19, 2014

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

A total GoT thing would be for The Mountain to have Oberyn on the ropes, Tywin yells for the combat to stop, and then The Mountain chops Oberyn in half anyway.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
No, a total GoT thing would be that after a whole season of Oberyn build up to avenge his sister/niece/nephews deaths, sucking the audience into rooting for Oberyn as one of the best characters on the show, the Mountain comes out and 1 shots Oberyn with a sword through the skull...

e:

Please don't let this happen :ohdear:

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Shath Hole posted:

The Mountain stopped fighting the Hound when commanded by King Robert, why wouldn't he stop when commanded by Tywin?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Omne posted:

The Mountain stopped fighting the Hound when commanded by King Robert, why wouldn't he stop when commanded by Tywin?

Didn't he try to get in that last swing or two, though? The Hound was the responsive one.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Drifter posted:

Didn't he try to get in that last swing or two, though? The Hound was the responsive one.

Didn't he then proceed to cut the head off his horse instead? The Mountain kills poo poo, it's kinda his thing.

e:

I could be misremembering that whole scene, it's been a looooong time.

e2:

Yeah, it was after he fell off his horse against Loras...nm.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 19, 2014

qxx
Dec 2, 2005

Only the wrong survive.

Shath Hole posted:

Didn't he then proceed to cut the head off his horse instead? The Mountain kills poo poo, it's kinda his thing.

e:

I could be misremembering that whole scene, it's been a looooong time.

Robert calls "Stop" as The Mountain is already swinging, The Hound kneels which essentially causes The Mountain to miss beheading The Hound.

The Mountain throws his sword down angrily and then defiantly storms off. Some guards get in his way and kind of try to stop him/block his way and Robert is all, "Let him go" presumably because he knew The Mountain would just smash those red shirts and make a bigger scene.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

qxx posted:

Robert calls "Stop" as The Mountain is already swinging, The Hound kneels which essentially causes The Mountain to miss beheading The Hound.

The Mountain throws his sword down angrily and then defiantly storms off. Some guards get in his way and Robert is all, "let him go" presumably because he knew The Mountain would just smash those red shirts and make a bigger scene.

Yeah, you are right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaIwtO6VWCU

Littlefinger has always been a smug little bastard :lol: I really should go back and rewatch all the seasons after this one ends.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
I miss King Robert :smith:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

IncendiaC posted:

Just going through youtube, and in memory of Tyrion and Bronn saying their goodbyes...this is the scene where they first met.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc93gQRRKbA

I'm going to miss those two together :(

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

IncendiaC posted:

Man I've got this awful feeling that he won't make it, but Tommen would be an awesome king :unsmith:

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

kiimo posted:

THEY KILLED MY NIGGA NED! worst show ever, will not watch again

There would be plenty of people left to root for, even if Ned, Robert, Robb, Renly or Tyrion were gone. Sometimes the people you root for even start up as people you hate, like Jaime*. Look at Oberyn or Lady Olenna -- there will always be cool new characters.

* the sisterrape never happened, okay?

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

There are so many amendments in the constitution of the United States of America--I can only choose one!
I keep rewatching that scene between Oberyn and Tyrion, because Pedro Pascal's delivery is so genuine and nuanced. The Viper is a character that could come off corny as gently caress if done poorly. I can't wait to see him give the Mountain his dew.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

BubbleGoose posted:

I keep rewatching that scene between Oberyn and Tyrion, because Pedro Pascal's delivery is so genuine and nuanced. The Viper is a character that could come off corny as gently caress if done poorly. I can't wait to see him give the Mountain his dew.

Thought that scene was Dinklage's finest work, too. For what it's worth I wasn't that impressed by his scenery-chewing in the previous episode.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

kiimo posted:

...and that settles it.

There's no way that Tyrion wins the trial by combat twice in a book by GRRM.
I want to believe.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Shath Hole posted:

Just going through youtube, and in memory of Tyrion and Bronn saying their goodbyes...this is the scene where they first met.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc93gQRRKbA

I'm going to miss those two together :(

Wrong! The mountain clans accosting Cat, Rodrik, and all the random knights from the Inn at the Crossroads with them had Bronn in it, and he and Tyrion even interacted. In fact, they met even earlier, because Bronn was the dude who gave up his room at the inn for a Lannister's gold.

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

There are so many amendments in the constitution of the United States of America--I can only choose one!

IncendiaC posted:

I keep thinking how great a wife Margaery would have made for Robert. They seem like they would have had a lot of fun together.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
What do you think would happen if Oberyn beats the Mountain? Tyrion would be found innocent but the public and his family still hate him so I doubt he'd stay in King's Landing for long.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Haam posted:

What do you think would happen if Oberyn beats the Mountain? Tyrion would be found innocent but the public and his family still hate him so I doubt he'd stay in King's Landing for long.

Is that even a question? Obviously he'd move to Dorne as Oberyn's guest.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

BubbleGoose posted:

I keep thinking how great a wife Margaery would have made for Robert. They seem like they would have had a lot of fun together.

They would have had a lot of fun apart, too. :pervert:

Marge wouldn't have given a drat about Robert's affairs/still being all hung up on Lyanna, and while she and Cersei are both pretty dab hands at manipulating dudes, I bet she'd have used her powers for relative good. And, you know, definitely wouldn't have gotten knocked up by her brother for at least six different reasons.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Periodiko posted:

She's basically his captive. He's literally murdered several people in front of her and is a habitual liar, I'm sure if she could be somewhere else and be safe, she would. Doting on a beautiful warrior queen half your age is not nearly as bad as capturing someone then perving on them because they look like their mother.

Sansa's still in the best position she's been in since her dad got his head chopped off. Littlefinger is creepy as hell but he's also not going to let any harm come to her.

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

Man I've got this awful feeling that he won't make it, but Tommen would be an awesome king :unsmith:

Tommen seems like someone who is too weak-willed to stand up for anything and he'll just get steamrolled by whoever happens to be around. Granted he is still a kid but once Tywin keels over, Cercei will likely be pulling his strings and she's closer to Joffrey in temperament.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

kiimo posted:

...and that settles it.

I like the idea that the old-money inheritor who has lived 99% of his post-adolescent life surrounded by women and wine and ordering around servants is supposed to be the 'only protagonist' left.

Don't get me wrong, Tyrion is a very real and sympathetic character (though like everything else the book is superior), but he's way far away from the protagonist of anything.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

kiimo posted:

I had no idea Bronn was leaving for good until this thread today

Eh? Is this true?

BubbleGoose posted:

Heh heh.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

No matter what results from the duel, the Lannisters are left with more enemies and a succession crisis (or at least, they will diminish, becoming a minor house), their last hope being that Cersei cranks out ever more babies and/or Jaime decides to leave the Kingsguard. Not good chances.

Nothing Tywin deserves more than to see his house fall to ruin. But then again, deserve's got nothing to do with it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

precision posted:

Sansa's always had that "one day I'm gonna go Carrie on everyone's asses" thing about her.

What'll finally make her snap is when she decides she can take some comfort in being the craziest Stark left alive.... and then Arya walks through the door.

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain

BubbleGoose posted:

corny as gently caress

BubbleGoose posted:

give the Mountain his dew.
Oh you.

qxx posted:

Nobody (with the exception of Hot Pocket and now Team Brienne) knows that Arya is alive
Well, maybe:

precision posted:

Just give me a scene in the epilogue of the last season with Lord Bronn sitting on a throne with a few giggling whores running around and a giant mug in one hand.

SOMEONE needs a happy ending.
I thought we already agreed that the last scene would be Varys, sitting on the Iron throne, pulling his 14 inch dong out from between his legs.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BubbleGoose posted:

I'd laugh my rear end off if he does the "You killed my sister, prepare to die!" thing only to get turned into two halves of a viper approximately 3 seconds later. I like both him and Tyrion, and I'd hate to see either character go so early, but it's the kind of thing I'd expect at this point.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

monster on a stick posted:

Sansa's still in the best position she's been in since her dad got his head chopped off. Littlefinger is creepy as hell but he's also not going to let any harm come to her.

Nah, her time with Tyrion is the best time she's had since poo poo started getting real.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

monster on a stick posted:

Tommen seems like someone who is too weak-willed to stand up for anything and he'll just get steamrolled by whoever happens to be around. Granted he is still a kid but once Tywin keels over, Cercei will likely be pulling his strings and she's closer to Joffrey in temperament.

Or Margery, of course. She's far more likely to have his ear than anyone else, and while self-serving and power-hungry, I've never gotten the impression she'd be a bad queen. Regardless if it's an act or not, she's definitely a "make the people love you" kind of person, so in that scenario Tommen would probably be the best king the commoners ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Haam posted:

Why would he need to leave? Tywin will outwardly look relieved that his son was exonerated and couldn't risk the scandal of killing his own heir apparent without cause. Jaime never disliked him. Cersei would want him dead but what else is new? It all seems like being back to business as usual, save for Tyrion having a much darker opinion of his family and friends.

Now, the populace of King's Landing being against him might make him leave. I'd figure he'd go to Casterley Rock and rub it into his father's face.

• Locked thread