Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
If vi can do macros then modo sure can. Click 'begin recording' button. Make some onscreen selections (activate viscera seer, target redcap, pass priority, stack etb targeting opponent, press yes to use ability), after one cycle click 'end recording' button. Then for the first playback cycle it should prompt what it's about to do at each step (activating 1st ability of object viscera seer y/n, targeting permanent named redcap y/n, etc etc). Once you've confirmed one loop click play loop once or play loop 10x or whatever. Preempt if opponent takes an action. As long as it could go off of object names or positions/ordering on the battlefield or other zones it should be doable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

That's one thing that pisses me off about the beta. I don't hate it as much as everyone else, I actually find it to be a minor improvement, but it doesn't address any of the real issues with modo. It still has all the same annoyances and is just a re-skin.
Even if they don't add full looping they could fix the auto yielding. You can't auto yield any part of that combo.
The faeries and wall are both considered new objects after they flicker, so yielding to their triggers get reset. You would assume auto yielding to the denizen would work, but nope its ability requires a target and modo is too stupid to let you auto choose the same target each time.

Has anyone ever tried resolving a storm spell with 10 different copies? That's another not to play this deck on modo. Its so much fun though.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

That makes sense, I was thinking more loop detection than macros. I'd have no issue with that, but for stuff where you need to say target a different creature or whatever each loop it still doesn't save a load of time.

alternative sarcastic answer: modo programmers are certainly capable of even the easiest of these implementations!

e: ^^^^ Yeah I'd like to brew some combos or whatever on modo but they're just such a drag to actually play.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
How viable is legacy re-animator right now with all the graveyard hate out right now, decent or not?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

mehall posted:

Basically, fast mana into either Balustrade Spy or Undercity Informer. Target yourself, mill everything. This puts a few critters into play (normally the narcomoeba's). Sac 3 creatures to flashback dread return, to get Cerberus into play. Sac Cerberus to Cabal Therapy, to trigger his ability, you now have Laboratory Maniac in hand, along with the Spirit Guides. Exile the spirit guides and play either a lotus petal or a manamorphose or something, get blue mana, play Lab maniac,

And the final, important step, cycle Street Wraith. It helps if you've cast Therapy to see your opponent's hand and decided whether or not you need to wait until your next draw step or you can safely win immediately.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

homerlaw posted:

How viable is legacy re-animator right now with all the graveyard hate out right now, decent or not?

TinFins is a deck, but Dredge and Breakfast Burrito are faster decks.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Everblight posted:

Combo deck names: still stupid as all hell. What is Tin Fins?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Elyv posted:

Since I only found out recently: It's named after an episode of Sealab 2021, wherein there are plenty of advertisements for a restaurant called Grizzlebees:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnoZimnLqyY

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Carsten Kotter posted a cool R/B reanimator deck in his SCG article today someone want to lend me a couple grand so I can build it thanks in advance.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Niton posted:

Since I only found out recently: It's named after an episode of Sealab 2021, wherein there are plenty of advertisements for a restaurant called Grizzlebees:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnoZimnLqyY

... that's about as stupid as the thing in the 90s where they named combo decks after breakfast cereals.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

homerlaw posted:

The actual deck Reanimator is super real and has top 8'd a bunch of opens recently.

gang sines posted:

Carsten Kotter posted a cool R/B reanimator deck in his SCG article today someone want to lend me a couple grand so I can build it thanks in advance.

There is a twitch streamer that plays a pretty similar deck, but with faithless lootings, more artifact fatties and goblin welders.

Edit: Holy poo poo that Illusions-Donate deck is hilarious.

Johnny Five-Jaces fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 20, 2014

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

AgentSythe posted:

The actual deck Reanimator is super real and has top 8'd a bunch of opens recently.

There is a twitch streamer that plays a pretty similar deck, but with faithless lootings, more artifact fatties and goblin welders.

I have played all kinds of decks from all kinds of retro formats and Illusions-Donate is one of the most entertaining. "Gain 20 life, necro for 15, Force of Will all your poo poo, next turn I'll pay the 2 and Donate this to you."

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

AgentSythe posted:

That deck's back?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Snacksmaniac posted:

That deck's back?

I don't know almost anything about Legacy, but if Trix is back I'd be shocked.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Snacksmaniac posted:

That deck's back?

Sadly, no. There are too many two-card instant-kill combos to bother with one that costs 5UU to eventually deal 20 damage.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Snacksmaniac posted:

That deck's back?

Carsten Kotter wrote about a couple of Legacy decks he thought were interesting to spotlight stuff outside the mainstream meta. There was a Tax-Rack deck in there too.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well I got all worked up about nothing :(

It is interesting to have that in a prison shell, but I'll probably stick to Sneak and Breach instead of spending $60 on cards for a deck I'll never play.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I'm going to repost my plan for a Hatebears deck over from the Brewhaus. I've only got some of the cards, but I'm wondering how off the mark I am/might be.

20 Land

4 Temple Garden
4 Sunpetal Grove
4 Ghost Quarter
2 Horizon Canopy
2 Gavony Township
2 Forest
2 Plains

8 Spells

4 Path to Exile
4 Aether Vial

32 Creatures

4 Soldier of the Pantheon
4 Noble Hierarch

4 Leonin Arbiter
2 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 Voice of Resurgence
3 Qasali Pridemage

2 Aven Mindcensor
2 Loxodon Smiter
3 Blade Splicer

3 Restoration Angel

1 Akroma, Angel of Fury

Sideboard

3 Rest in Peace
2 Scavenging Ooze
4 Dryad Militant
2 Gaddock Teeg
2 Stony Silence
2 Leyline of Sanctity

----

The general gameplan is to abuse the Arbiters and Mindcensors to lock down my enemy's land and creatures (using Path and Ghost Quarter), then beat them to death with good cheap creatures. Precisely how terrible is this?

e: Edited somewhat.

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 20, 2014

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Elyv posted:

Its a crazy storm/reanimator hybrid that want to get Grisslebrand in the yard then use shallow grave on him to get him back all hastey, draw a ton of cards then use children of korlis to gain that life back (and draw more cards), then use another shallow grave to reanimate Emrakul or just draw enough rituals + tendrils to finish the opponent off.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

ungulateman posted:

I'm going to repost my plan for a Hatebears

Seems fine. With all of the Snapcaster Mages running around, there is an argument for Dryad Militant main instead of the Soldier of the Pantheons. I'd find a home for some equipment, shaving Loxodon Smiters. Might want to go up to 3 RIPs, and just two Leylines seems weird. I assume that card is for the burn matchup?. If you can afford it, I've seen versions of this shave some of their numbers and do things with Resto Angel/Blade Splicer/Flickerwisp, but that deck also runs vial.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

ungulateman posted:

The general gameplan is to abuse the Arbiters and Mindcensors to lock down my enemy's land and creatures (using Path and Ghost Quarter), then beat them to death with good cheap creatures. Precisely how terrible is this?

You absolutely need to have aether vials. It's key to the deck. I would also consider running things like resto angel and especially flickerwisp. I love flickerwisp as a super versatile card that can do a whole lot for you. I don't think you'll want to run 4 mindcensor's or loxodon smiters. You could also consider akroma, angel of fury as a card you play for the morph cost and then flicker back in. See if you like Brimaz maybe?

edit: forgot about blade splicers but ^^^ that person didn't

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Key thing with Tin Fins - Fury of the Horde. You can just keep touching them with GB until you either kill them, or dig up what you need to kill them.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There's a modern deck that runs that, looting and bolts? Not sure what the red cards are.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Bugsy posted:

Its a crazy storm/reanimator hybrid that want to get Grisslebrand in the yard then use shallow grave on him to get him back all hastey, draw a ton of cards then use children of korlis to gain that life back (and draw more cards), then use another shallow grave to reanimate Emrakul or just draw enough rituals + tendrils to finish the opponent off.
You can also hardcast Emrakul with all the rituals going on right?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

AgentSythe posted:

Seems fine. With all of the Snapcaster Mages running around, there is an argument for Dryad Militant main instead of the Soldier of the Pantheons. I'd find a home for some equipment, shaving Loxodon Smiters. Might want to go up to 3 RIPs, and just two Leylines seems weird. I assume that card is for the burn matchup?. If you can afford it, I've seen versions of this shave some of their numbers and do things with Resto Angel/Blade Splicer/Flickerwisp, but that deck also runs vial.

My original plan was to include Dryad Militant in the board for Storm, but I figured being able to poo poo all over enemy Kitchen Finks with a 1 drop was too good to pass up. I've looked at some of the Hatebear lists on Mtgtop8, and most of them run the Resto/Splicer/Flickerwisp combo, so I'll probably find a way to make that work.

uggy posted:

You absolutely need to have aether vials. It's key to the deck. I would also consider running things like resto angel and especially flickerwisp. I love flickerwisp as a super versatile card that can do a whole lot for you. I don't think you'll want to run 4 mindcensor's or loxodon smiters. You could also consider akroma, angel of fury as a card you play for the morph cost and then flicker back in. See if you like Brimaz maybe?

edit: forgot about blade splicers but ^^^ that person didn't

Aether Vials are now on my list. Are they hideously expensive? I can't recall.

I will probably run less than a playset of some of those cards, that list was more of a first-pass thing to get some feedback. I'll go back and edit it with some more ideas.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

ungulateman posted:

My original plan was to include Dryad Militant in the board for Storm, but I figured being able to poo poo all over enemy Kitchen Finks with a 1 drop was too good to pass up. I've looked at some of the Hatebear lists on Mtgtop8, and most of them run the Resto/Splicer/Flickerwisp combo, so I'll probably find a way to make that work.

Aether Vials are now on my list. Are they hideously expensive? I can't recall.

I will probably run less than a playset of some of those cards, that list was more of a first-pass thing to get some feedback. I'll go back and edit it with some more ideas.

AEther vial is like $20.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

ungulateman posted:

1 Akroma, Angel of Fury

Is this a typo? That's a red card, way too expensive and bad for your gameplan, and I'm assuming it was accidentally pasted in.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Is this a typo? That's a red card, way too expensive and bad for your gameplan, and I'm assuming it was accidentally pasted in.

When you exile it with Flickerwisp/Restoration Angel, it comes back unmorphed.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

:ssh: restoration angel

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

I didn't get it either when I saw it on the mtgtop8 lists, but the thread's answered both of us regarding that.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Caleb Durward made some videos with the deck if you're interested.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

ungulateman posted:

I'm going to repost my plan for a Hatebears deck over from the Brewhaus. I've only got some of the cards, but I'm wondering how off the mark I am/might be.

There was a really good article on Channel Fireball about GW D&T. I really liked his list, mostly because I have a boner for Blade Splicer + Flickerwisp/RestoAngel. http://www.channelfireball.com/home/valuable-lessons-modern-death-and-taxes/

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Akroma is unfortunately the only morph worth trying to cheat in Modern.

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008

ungulateman posted:

Your bears just don't hate enough. The whole point of the deck is that you play hosers that also swing for damage.

Take Dryad Militant: it actually fits with the whole plan of the deck, because it hoses a ton of common plays and also swings for 2. gently caress Snapcaster, gently caress Dread Return, gently caress Past in Flames, whatever. Even fucks up Goyf. Hatebears isn't about playing strong cheap dudes (because that'd be Zoo) it's about disruption that also turns sideways for the win.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
This deck that won the Modern tourney at Bazaar of Moxen might be of interest to you if you want to do hatebears in Modern: http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/deck/1495

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Got to play Modern for the first time with a borrowed Storm deck (thanks again, Everblight) over the weekend. Now I've got to slowly pick up overpriced fetchlands so I can build my own, but holy poo poo storm owns.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Hi, Tin Fins isn't Reanimator.

Please don't conflate decks tia.

Reanimator is a Combo-Control deck that has a toolbox to reanimate out (i.e. Griselbrand, Iona, Elesh Norn, Sphinx, etc). The deck is full of countermagic and control elements and it just so happns to use Reanimate (and Exhume) and Entomb because it's a win-con package that only takes up a few slots.

Tin Fins is a combo deck that smashes with a Goryo's Vengeanced / Shallow Graved Griselbrand and then uses it as a draw7 to fuel out a Tendrils (or in the Modern version uses Fury of the Horde to keep smashing).

Zoness fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 20, 2014

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core

Everblight posted:

How the gently caress does someone ask about Legacy Reanimator, an actually good deck, and you assume they're talking about a gimmicky combo deck.

Legacy Reanimator is actually a very good deck, part of the reason its so insane is that its basically the combo deck that beats other combo decks. Your show and tell matchup is actually absurd since they can't reliably cast S&T against you and you also have counterspells and discard against them and all the other combo decks.

DRS decks are of course a pain, as are Liliana decks but you can still beat them. The deck reliably places at SCG Opens fairly often.

ChewyLSB fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 20, 2014

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

So, I read about a budget legacy storm deck a while ago using the Invasion Sac lands. Is that a real thing still, or was it ever? Here's the list, I have no idea when it was last updated

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5/budget-legacy/186144-primer-sac-land-tendrils

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

A Moose posted:

So, I read about a budget legacy storm deck a while ago using the Invasion Sac lands. Is that a real thing still, or was it ever? Here's the list, I have no idea when it was last updated

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5/budget-legacy/186144-primer-sac-land-tendrils

It's not as good as the real decks, but it can steal victories at low-level tournaments. Note that if you don't own any of the pieces it will be more expensive than that writer says, because Burning Wish has gone up in price.

• Locked thread