Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

Task Manager posted:

I honestly would consider voting Team FishDad ( my "I voted to cut our hand with the shark tooth" bumper sticker proudly attests to my early Hunger days); there's just no way in hell anyone let's us stomp off out of Zepath right now.

Even if we sneak out in the dead of night Ish or a Melachim or someone is going to stop us before we get anywhere near Athar and will put us in exile or something for daring to not drink the El Kool Aid.

If you're going to do this you have to do it smart - if and when Danal goes on his expedition, go with him, and when we see Shushem start maiming the Zepathians, start praising Hunger and bowing at FishDad's feet.

We aren't up to that yet as a whole. To get there, we have to build up these rumblings of hunger. Sure, for now it's a minority. But others knowing that they aren't alone in their craving helps. You, for example, have sympathies. But few will come when the time is at hand if they think they are alone in their craving. Us expressing our will now, even in a losing vote, rallies others who starve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Task Manager posted:

I honestly would consider voting Team FishDad ( my "I voted to cut our hand with the shark tooth" bumper sticker proudly attests to my early Hunger days); there's just no way in hell anyone let's us stomp off out of Zepath right now.

Even if we sneak out in the dead of night Ish or a Melachim or someone is going to stop us before we get anywhere near Athar and will put us in exile or something for daring to not drink the El Kool Aid.

If you're going to do this you have to do it smart - if and when Danal goes on his expedition, go with him, and when we see Shushem start maiming the Zepathians, start praising Hunger and bowing at FishDad's feet.

The problem with plan fishdad is that it's less of a plan and more of a gently caress all other plans.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Basscop posted:

Well that's a lot of baseless assumptions in one post.

We couldn't possibly do something Danal just did with nothing but a spear. He's better than us in every way. That's why we're careful to husband our resources and never use them to advance our story, but spend them freely when he's the beneficiary.

He's the hero, we're the lovely sidekick.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

Bularin posted:

We couldn't possibly do something Danal just did with nothing but a spear. He's better than us in every way. That's why we're careful to husband our resources and never use them to advance our story, but spend them freely when he's the beneficiary.

Such is the path we tread. Danal could be the best asset we have. Hopefully he becomes more. Shows us what we could have been. That could light a spark for us to change. One way or the other.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
why dont yall report them for not voting the proper way

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Task Manager posted:

I honestly would consider voting Team FishDad

Honest question for team hunger, if we switch teams and start praising Asherah, what makes you think we will survive it? Team Hunger is all about eternal hunger, and not our hunger. There is only one destiny for team Asherah and that is to be eaten. Sure, we might get a huge boost in power and some cool stuff upfront but after eating our 50th village will it be fun anymore? When we have to eat everyone we know just to avoid being eaten ourselves, will it still be fun then? When we devolve into nothing more than a soulless monster will we be happy we traded away a life full of friends and family for power we could have achieved on our own, will it be fun then? I don't know what team hunger expects, it was made pretty clear to us that we are just another tasty morsel to a being infinitely our greater. If you think well be able to devour the great devourer than you are delusional at best. Choosing Asherah is suicide, plain and simple.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Basscop posted:

The problem with plan fishdad is that it's less of a plan and more of a gently caress all other plans.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Arkanomen posted:

Honest question for team El, if we keep praising El, what makes you think we will survive it? Team El is all about eternal soup straining, and not our soup. There is only one destiny for team El and that is to strain soup. Sure, we might get a huge boost in power and some cool stuff upfront but after straining our 50th soup bowl will it be fun anymore? When we have to strain everysoup we know just to avoid being strained ourselves, will it still be fun then? When we devolve into nothing more than a soulless monster will we be happy we traded away a life full of flesh golems and power for we soup could have strained on our own, will it be fun then? I don't know what team El expects, it was made pretty clear to us that we are just another handy soup strainer to a being infinitely our soupier. If you think well be able to strain the great soup strainer than you are delusional at best. Choosing El is soupicide, plain and simple.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Arkanomen posted:

Based on this vote phase alone there is no greater irony than Enkidel thinking he can help a troubled mind when we have such a stellar one of our own. How we haven't been smote yet is beyond this little synapse.

Oh yeah, I wasnt really meaning personally. We're a basket case ourselves. I was more wondering if, say the temple of El had any ways to help a troubled mind or something along those lines. Otherwise, without the flute, snarls the therapy dog is probably the best thing we can do for him ourselves

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

When we've finally killed Enki in a blaze of stupidity glory, Team Fish God should totally get a mini-game that consists of charging through the cosmos and devouring everything. Every. Thing.

Keep fighten the good fight, fishies. You eternal commitment to HUNGER is a love story for the ages. :coolfish:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

You still didn't answer my question. What is your plan to avoid 1. Getting smote and 2. Not getting eaten by Asherah? Is it just to murderhobo as we please and get a quick power boost? I mean that's fine, but don't pretend it's going to end well.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Vagon posted:

Thanks for calling us stupid for having a different idea as to what is and isn't fun. C'mon, it's a game. We vote differently without hating the other voting blocs. Fishdad is amusing and it isn't as if team Hunger is a newcomer.

I realize that you may not have been one of those doing so in the past, but I take it that you personally will abstain from ever complaining about Team Boring from this point on?

Also this whole argument is setting us up for a dramatic 2nd Round between Shushem and Tudiya with a better-informed and far less mentally stable Enkidel in the middle. Who will we choose this time?!

Bularin posted:

Funnily enough, the reason why Danal could pull it off is probably because he is explicitly less powerful and important than we are. Nobody was paying attention to him because they didn't think he could pull a stunt like this and didn't think he was worth bothering with until it was too late. Our arrival, on the other hand, would be noticed earlier and taken more seriously.

Come to think of it...

Diog, can we sense our own Presence, at all?

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Vagon posted:

Thanks for calling us stupid for having a different idea as to what is and isn't fun. C'mon, it's a game. We vote differently without hating the other voting blocs. Fishdad is amusing and it isn't as if team Hunger is a newcomer.

I have similar feelings whenever 'Team Boring' gets trotted out. It'd be nice is this poo poo stopped all together.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Ok, ok. Let's play nice. I imagine a hunger game would have been what we got if this thread was in GBS, and I also think it would have been fun in a ridiculous way, just like the Denziroh game had giant turtles ejaculating waterfalls, basically (maybe some of you -do-hate fun :P).

I don't see a good reason to fight too hard against team Asherah at the moment, we're ragged and beaten and could probably only get 10% of a straight-up "join Asherah" vote. Let us dream for now, instead of the constant boots of El on our neck, crushing even the hope to dream.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Tsyni posted:

Ok, ok. Let's play nice. I imagine a hunger game would have been what we got if this thread was in GBS, and I also think it would have been fun in a ridiculous way, just like the Denziroh game had giant turtles ejaculating waterfalls, basically (maybe some of you -do-hate fun :P).

I don't see a good reason to fight too hard against team Asherah at the moment, we're ragged and beaten and could probably only get 10% of a straight-up "join Asherah" vote. Let us dream for now, instead of the constant boots of El on our neck, crushing even the hope to dream.

What, pray tell, does the "Boot of El" keep us from doing?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Arkanomen posted:

Solving the current debate between Tudiya and Danal by eating Ruth.

Speaking of which, changing my vote from 1. B to 1. D. I like D less, but I like it better than E since it still leaves Danal the option to adopt later once he's ready and shows willing, and it has an actual chance of passage, unlike B.

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

Arkanomen posted:

You still didn't answer my question. What is your plan to avoid 1. Getting smote and 2. Not getting eaten by Asherah? Is it just to murderhobo as we please and get a quick power boost? I mean that's fine, but don't pretend it's going to end well.

Clearly the endgame for Plan Fishdad is to eat Asherah.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Arkanomen posted:

I hope it's clear that I'm a facetious gentleman and am pretty flippant in general. All I mean is that demanding we figure our the practicalities when we can only speculate about the nature of Asherah seems to be a waste time, especially since plan FishDad has a 0% chance to win. "How are you not going to not just get eaten, huh, huhhhh?" Is a question to figure out as we go. We were once a dinky slave and now we're here. It just doesn't seem like an insurmountable problem in the scheme of things. Enkidel is pretty great at being pious, so I have no doubt if we redirected that at Asherah and made some proper sacrifices that we'd be a useful tool to her.

This is all besides the point, since team Asherah is a small minority.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

Tomn posted:

I realize that you may not have been one of those doing so in the past, but I take it that you personally will abstain from ever complaining about Team Boring from this point on?

I never have in the first place. Not once, in any of my comments or votes, have I even mentioned "Team Boring" to my knowledge.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Bularin posted:

You could completely smoke four Atharans. You are almost nine feet tall, muscular and have a bonus equal to roughly eight times your strength.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Basscop posted:

Well that's a lot of baseless assumptions in one post.

First off. We seem to gain [PIE] by killing monsters. Remember a certain Roc that we killed and then felt a small power surge which we somehow stupidly decided not to take 10 seconds to enjoy?

Second of all we know about sneaking along the edge of the coast/forest where the monsters don't seem to hang around that much.

Third. You're just saying Snarls won't come along because you disagree with the plan.

Fourth. Enkindel might be unneeded as Shushem's apprentice but who's to say a giant beefcake full of [pie] is somehow unwanted as Ashera's greatest agent? Do you know?

Fifth. Even if we don't manage to convince the people of Athar to take us back then and they decide to kill us. How are they going to kill us? We're almost three meters tall. Multiple times stronger and faster than they are and they couldn't even catch Danal.

Sixth. You're also assuming a bunch of stuff about the Melachim and we have no clue about how they work or what they do in these kind of situations. We don't even know if they would find us if we left Ur.
Sure they know everything but as Azz once said. When you know everything it gets kind of hard to keep track of your thoughts. You might forget to keep your eye on this one part of the everything with all the everything you need to keep on top of you know.

1. A tiny amount of ???, yes. Which will be offset by marching in heavy armor. A march to Athar means either sneaking around and avoiding all monsters, or fighting them all and draining them of their ???. There are monsters which regenerate their limbs as soon as their are pulled out. Enkidel's M.O. of taking out enemies like that so far has been Power Word: El. The latter strategy simply isn't an option.

2. The coast is where the really scary monsters like Eyescream hang out. You're suggesting to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.

3. We went psycho-cannibal for a few seconds after we held our breath for too long, and it scared Snarls.

4. No, I don't know. Neither do you so this point is irrelevant. What we do know is that Sushem doesn't need us for the position we used to have.

5. Our trip will deplete us of ??? and there is only so much strength our natural frame provides. The point isn't whether we win that fight. If we ever come to blows with the cannibals, it means they will never accept us.

6. In time Enkidel will grow more powerful than Labaras. Strong enough to split the world in half, according to Ishamal, and Smythos agrees. Of course I do not know if we're being watched, but if I was an immortal near-omnipotent being, I'd definitely put a threat like that under constant monitoring. And you're wrong. We do know what the Melachim do with cannibals. They send kings and heroes after them.

Vagon posted:

I'm not calling you stupid and I'm not judging you on what you think is fun. I'm saying that the plan to move to Athar is suicide and that if you want to become a cannibal, there are better ways to achieve that goal.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Tomn posted:

Also this whole argument is setting us up for a dramatic 2nd Round between Shushem and Tudiya with a better-informed and far less mentally stable Enkidel in the middle. Who will we choose this time?!

Funnily enough, the reason why Danal could pull it off is probably because he is explicitly less powerful and important than we are. Nobody was paying attention to him because they didn't think he could pull a stunt like this and didn't think he was worth bothering with until it was too late. Our arrival, on the other hand, would be noticed earlier and taken more seriously.

Come to think of it...

Diog, can we sense our own Presence, at all?

You do not seem to be aware of it if you have one.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Tsyni posted:

Honestly I've voted the way I had because towards the endgame of MadGod Diogenes hinted at this game being the next one, but was worried it wouldn't work if goons were as silly with the protagonist as they were with Deneziroh. All in all, even with Hunger voters, it's been followed. Up until we nearly jerked off a goat or considered drinking dog piss.

Honestly it was that we played a maybe good, mostly bad semi divine creation that I was shooting for this one to be more of a good aligned character. We have a much more interesting character than my original intentions. It's hilarious to think that somewhere in Enki's psyche there is still a part of it that will always continue to hunger and hate and praise Asherah. I wonder if it hinders us in some aspects, and would find it hilarious if that was the case.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Zybourne Clock posted:

1. A tiny amount of ???, yes. Which will be offset by marching in heavy armor. A march to Athar means either sneaking around and avoiding all monsters, or fighting them all and draining them of their ???. There are monsters which regenerate their limbs as soon as their are pulled out. Enkidel's M.O. of taking out enemies like that so far has been Power Word: El. The latter strategy simply isn't an option.

2. The coast is where the really scary monsters like Eyescream hang out. You're suggesting to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.

3. We went psycho-cannibal for a few seconds after we held our breath for too long, and it scared Snarls.

4. No, I don't know. Neither do you so this point is irrelevant. What we do know is that Sushem doesn't need us for the position we used to have.

5. Our trip will deplete us of ??? and there is only so much strength our natural frame provides. The point isn't whether we win that fight. If we ever come to blows with the cannibals, it means they will never accept us.

6. In time Enkidel will grow more powerful than Labaras. Strong enough to split the world in half, according to Ishamal, and Smythos agrees. Of course I do not know if we're being watched, but if I was an immortal near-omnipotent being, I'd definitely put a threat like that under constant monitoring. And you're wrong. We do know what the Melachim do with cannibals. They send kings and heroes after them.

I'm not calling you stupid and I'm not judging you on what you think is fun. I'm saying that the plan to move to Athar is suicide and that if you want to become a cannibal, there are better ways to achieve that goal.

1. We leave our heavy armor. Why would we ever bring it when we can have the freedom of a smiple loincloth for the rest of eternity?

2. You're basically ignoring my point by now. Did you even read about how Danal got there? Did you forget that we are super ninja stealthy in the wilds and possess a magical charm that enhances our ninjaness?

3. Sure we scared him once but if we eat snarls and breathe in his soul as it leaves his body he can be part of us forever and we never need to worry about his safety again.

4. He will want us. I'm pretty sure of it.

5. That's an assumption. I'm fairly certain we can manage to get to Athar without depleting the pie.

6. Don't you hate it when food gets delivered to your home?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Basscop posted:

4. He will want us. I'm pretty sure of it.

Oh, no doubt about that. The question is, does he want us as a son or as a sacrifice?

Makes me wonder if we saw him in dream land or if that was just our subconscious.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I hate when our great thread debates start to get taken personally :smith:
Arguing is fun, don't ruin fun.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Oh, no doubt about that. The question is, does he want us as a son or as a sacrifice?

Makes me wonder if we saw him in dream land or if that was just our subconscious.

We did. He ate our arm and then called us ungrateful about it.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

I kinda doubt that a hunger game would have gotten us Denziroh-style antics, honestly. It might have done if we'd picked a divine being early on, but we chose to be mortal instead. That means we have both mortal limitations and a mortal viewpoint - and that means eventually, we would have been eating people and watching them scream and beg for mercy as they are devoured. Lavishly described, no doubt. Diog hasn't pulled punches on the effects of our actions on our current path - would he have done any less if we had chosen to willingly eat people?

If we chose not to try and eat people on the other hand...then, I think, we would have seen the other side of Asherah. To many, Asherah represents freedom - a sense of escape from the confines of El, of liberation from control. But Asherah is most likely a prison of its own, with perhaps fewer laws to enforce, but enforced no less strictly, if not indeed more so. Remember how insistent Shushem was on our learning exactly the right things to placate Asherah? Failing to follow each and every one of those strictures, no matter how unpleasant, is probably not going to end with Asherah clucking at us and telling us not to do it again and to listen to him next time.

Denziroh was above control, but Enkidel is not, by simple virtue of being human in a world of divine beings. I don't think who we chose to worship would have made much difference in whether or not we were controlled by others.

Tomn fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 21, 2014

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

the_steve posted:

1. F - support Tudiya. "She needs a mother, and Jalitha knows the ways of Athar. She will be able to help Ruth adjust to Zepathan life more easily."

2. K - Not now, but bring it up privately later. He obviously has a reason not to mention something this huge.

Voting This. Danal can still watch over Ruth from their home as well. Awesome update, I didn't see fishdad coming back at all.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Zybourne Clock posted:

6. In time Enkidel will grow more powerful than Labaras. Strong enough to split the world in half, according to Ishamal, and Smythos agrees.

I bet Labaras can strain a whole pot of soup in one go. If we get that powerful, I bet we could make a killing cleaning pools. Then we can spend a week r two debating various low yield investment options. Awesome.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Arkanomen posted:

Honest question for team hunger, if we switch teams and start praising Asherah, what makes you think we will survive it? Team Hunger is all about eternal hunger, and not our hunger. There is only one destiny for team Asherah and that is to be eaten. Sure, we might get a huge boost in power and some cool stuff upfront but after eating our 50th village will it be fun anymore? When we have to eat everyone we know just to avoid being eaten ourselves, will it still be fun then? When we devolve into nothing more than a soulless monster will we be happy we traded away a life full of friends and family for power we could have achieved on our own, will it be fun then? I don't know what team hunger expects, it was made pretty clear to us that we are just another tasty morsel to a being infinitely our greater. If you think well be able to devour the great devourer than you are delusional at best. Choosing Asherah is suicide, plain and simple.

Wooah, settle down there bessy. It's not going to win

Man, I love the fact that there's enough Asherah left in us that, on hearing our previous 'father' is still alive, there's a real chunk of our subconscious that uncontrollably starts dreaming about returning to the ocean and the elemental life of Athar.

Hell, I'm almost up for plan Fishdad, if we took a little more time to work it out. If we could manage it, I'd kinda love to have Enkindel travel the world, trying to learn the approaches and secrets of each culture. We've got a good grasp on how poo poo works in the Orthodoxy of El, even if its major secrets have been hidden behind breathing and soup. We could start learning hardcore from Indor next for a year (we find an excuse to postpone the Baitel trip, then we off in the night just before it comes due). Next we travel back to Athar, use our obvious glory to convince them we'd be of benefit to Asherah, and we learn the ways of lightning and external-blood-magic. Eventually we fly off on the back of a summoned space-manta-ray, and head to Kadmonim lands, to learn their secrets.

In the end we become the largest player on the planet, as an unaffiliated party. We lead not only the men of El against the oncoming storm, but ALL men of of ALL nations. At this point we've an 'in' with every major group, as we've studied with them all. They may be pissed at our leaving, but in the face of the oncoming catastrophe, they'll have to relent in their anger and admit we're the biggest, buffest and most learned person living. Truly the new Labaras, not just an arm of the El Orthodoxy, but a Philosopher King, versed in all the knowledge of men and gods, and ready to lead the world into a new age of enlightenment and rocking fish-viking lazer shows.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

We should get a list of things to check on in Zepath going.

1) A unanimous vote to clear the soup at Aaron's place. No doubts, everyone just vote for one thing.
2) Check on the Demon door. Did Ishamal kill them all or did he just seal up the Demon door?
3) Finances and poo poo like that. Talk to some farmers and see if they want to expand? Honeycombs, bigger cow herds, I dunno, all the poo poo.
4) Chill with Aaron and ask him about Mighty Aid.
5) Take a day out, attempt to meditate and clear our mind, see if we can find the dreamscape where Jorah-mask used to be.
6) Get Snarls some combat training. No really. He's what, 5 feet tall standing on all 4s now? He can be useful in combat. (Also how the gently caress is a 9 foot tall black and buff guy sneaky enough to have a Cloak of the Night is this a black person joke Dio)

Shamelessly quoting my own post because gently caress your silly cockfight.

Vote to get important minor stuff done. Like training Snarls to be a killing machine.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Plan fishdad is literally this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19AiPd-cBY0

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Shamelessly quoting my own post because gently caress your silly cockfight.

Vote to get important minor stuff done. Like training Snarls to be a killing machine.

I'm up for this. I'd still like to invest in lands and herds, even if I expect time is probably getting short. Hard to farm and store food if there are enemies at the gates, obviously.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Theglavwen posted:

Hell, I'm almost up for plan Fishdad, if we took a little more time to work it out. If we could manage it, I'd kinda love to have Enkindel travel the world, trying to learn the approaches and secrets of each culture. We've got a good grasp on how poo poo works in the Orthodoxy of El, even if its major secrets have been hidden behind breathing and soup. We could start learning hardcore from Indor next for a year (we find an excuse to postpone the Baitel trip, then we off in the night just before it comes due). Next we travel back to Athar, use our obvious glory to convince them we'd be of benefit to Asherah, and we learn the ways of lightning and external-blood-magic. Eventually we fly off on the back of a summoned space-manta-ray, and head to Kadmonim lands, to learn their secrets.

In the end we become the largest player on the planet, as an unaffiliated party. We lead not only the men of El against the oncoming storm, but ALL men of of ALL nations. At this point we've an 'in' with every major group, as we've studied with them all. They may be pissed at our leaving, but in the face of the oncoming catastrophe, they'll have to relent in their anger and admit we're the biggest, buffest and most learned person living. Truly the new Labaras, not just an arm of the El Orthodoxy, but a Philosopher King, versed in all the knowledge of men and gods, and ready to lead the world into a new age of enlightenment and rocking fish-viking lazer shows.

This plan is beautiful. :coolfish:

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

Theglavwen posted:

Wooah, settle down there bessy. It's not going to win

Man, I love the fact that there's enough Asherah left in us that, on hearing our previous 'father' is still alive, there's a real chunk of our subconscious that uncontrollably starts dreaming about returning to the ocean and the elemental life of Athar.

We are going to live for a long, long time. I want to do this. I don't feel complete without knowing everything about this world and Diog made it clear if we die we don't get a debriefing.

It's gonna drive me nuts if we never find -everything- out. Diog is there a Melachim of knowledge and the pursuit of all knowledge because I think we are just going to start splitting up into Team [Favored Melachim]

I think that's a lot better than Team Boring or Team Fishdad or whatever.

It's also thematic. :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Arkanomen posted:

The plan isn't to eat for Asherah until she eats us. We will eat, and Eat and EAt and EAT AND EAT AND EAT AND EAT until we are so full of ??? and OMNOMNOM that we will EAT ASHERAH AND BECOME ASHERAH AND EAT THE WORLD AND THE UNIVERSE AND

quote:

Clearly the endgame for Plan Fishdad is to eat Asherah.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
The best ending is for Enkidel to become spiritually swole enough we can just eat Asherah and tell Smythos to spin on his giant firesword. However, the Team Hunger plans are probably just going to result in us either going mad, getting beat down by various heroes and angels, or both. Team El is for playing the long game, and a few updates of soupstraining is worth being able to eventually be above all these mysterious assholes telling us to do/not do things.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
1. What do you tell them should be done with Ruth?
E. You will claim her yourself, Naomi will care for her. You will adopt her as your own child.

Cool black chick sidekick coming up in about 10 years.

2. Do you tell Tudiya that Shushem is alive, now and ask Danal for an explanation on why he skipped over it with Tudiya?

J. Yes. I bring up the issue now.

This is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

Razakai posted:

Team El is for playing the long game, and a few updates of soupstraining is worth being able to eventually be above all these mysterious assholes telling us to do/not do things.

If enough 'Team El' posters think this way for Ishamal to get a bead on these thoughts he'd probably kill us instantly. Is a promise of more personal power the only thing that can win your loyalty? How about saving our dumb rear end from ourselves and saving our lives multiple times? And El & the Melachim seem to be an unambiguous force of good for mankind. All the parts of El society we don't like (slavery, women as chattel) seem to be more cultural artifacts (subject to gradual change) than central to the religion.