Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

CLAM DOWN posted:

The new shield rules, bazaar rules, GW2 rules.

Hey Rick post the shield section of your wardrobe

I'm expecting it to be 100% complete, mister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I've gotta say, I really like that you can kill the Jubilee bosses with just three or four people. It makes getting the achievements in off-peak a lot easier, and they're pretty simple fights when they're not scaled to high heaven.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Still looking for festibux strats, but also wondering if someone could post pics of the new eternity effects

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I don't know if its the best strat but aspect arena goes very fast and gets you plenty of tickets.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What was the result of the Arus Gem Suicide Pact?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

It's the SFD Suicide Pact now involving like 5+ people, and last night ranged from 1600 to 4000 gems. Rumour has it Mobius is rocking in a corner crying for more keys.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I've gotta say, I really like that you can kill the Jubilee bosses with just three or four people. It makes getting the achievements in off-peak a lot easier, and they're pretty simple fights when they're not scaled to high heaven.
It is too bad few instances do the math and understand that one or two parties on each boss right away is far more useful than a immediate or gathering blob.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

What's the $ to key conversion rate? And how often do you get something that's actually properly useful rather than instant bank access (once) and a mystery tonic?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

bought 25 keys 0 claim tickets

gently caress arus

Stopwatch Crash
Sep 30, 2008

Dukka posted:

It is too bad few instances do the math and understand that one or two parties on each boss right away is far more useful than a immediate or gathering blob.

Players here are conditioned to swarm bosses so much that in cases where it isn't the right thing to do, it takes forever to get that through to people. And I think there's really no super-obvious indicator at first that isn't the right thing to do here, unless you take a second to think and realize that dead bosses giving the rest of them their special means that killing them all at the same time would be pretty ideal. When I went and tried this last night, I was in an instance with someone who put a commander tag up so everyone in the zone swarmed with him, while simultaneously shouting in map chat about how people shouldn't zerg this event and then not giving any real response to "So then why do you have a tag up" (meanwhile, everyone continued swarming to the tag). So that was great, and also helped make the boss rush take something like an actual hour to finish.

Maybe if we're lucky this just turns out like Escape from Lion's Arch, though; people do bad zergy things to start, this makes the event fail horribly, we get to read hilarious mapchat of people yelling at each other to not be bad, then after like a week people figure out what they should actually be doing to get a better result, and then Anet also realizes their event balancing on it was bad and makes it easier.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Stopwatch Crash posted:

Players here are conditioned to swarm bosses so much that in cases where it isn't the right thing to do, it takes forever to get that through to people. And I think there's really no super-obvious indicator at first that isn't the right thing to do here, unless you take a second to think and realize that dead bosses giving the rest of them their special means that killing them all at the same time would be pretty ideal. When I went and tried this last night, I was in an instance with someone who put a commander tag up so everyone in the zone swarmed with him, while simultaneously shouting in map chat about how people shouldn't zerg this event and then not giving any real response to "So then why do you have a tag up" (meanwhile, everyone continued swarming to the tag). So that was great, and also helped make the boss rush take something like an actual hour to finish.

Maybe if we're lucky this just turns out like Escape from Lion's Arch, though; people do bad zergy things to start, this makes the event fail horribly, we get to read hilarious mapchat of people yelling at each other to not be bad, then after like a week people figure out what they should actually be doing to get a better result, and then Anet also realizes their event balancing on it was bad and makes it easier.

Not just that, but the achievements actually encourage you to zerg. When you have to kill every single boss you do not want to split up.

Thatz Anime Shit
Apr 29, 2007

malhavok posted:

Not just that, but the achievements actually encourage you to zerg. When you have to kill every single boss you do not want to split up.
The blitz is overall one of the worst designs I've seen in an MMO. It's like they specifically picked things they should've learnt from previous releases and did opposite of that.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SeaTard posted:

How much loving farming did you do to get 10k blade shards?

Seriously? I played through one (sometimes two) "Defend Lion's Arch" per day it was out. These things fell like rain during those two weeks.

EDIT: I forgot Marionette. Defend the Aetherblade path, pretty sure I got a ton for doing that as well. Could be misremembering where I got them.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 21, 2014

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Forgall posted:

that's a shop right?

Nope,

is entirely unaltered. The charr I tested it on has max eye size and max iris size. Looks okay on her current face, but turn into nightmare fuel with that new face.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Mizuti posted:

Nope,

is entirely unaltered. The charr I tested it on has max eye size and max iris size. Looks okay on her current face, but turn into nightmare fuel with that new face.

That's one badass cat.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Cats are made of dear whimsy.

HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2! :love:

Yeah, I came here to post mine:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

That's an argument for genocide right there.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

HUG ME FOREVER posted:

Yeah, I came here to post mine:

That first face is a god drat donkey, not a cat.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

malhavok posted:

That first face is a god drat donkey, not a cat.

That one and middle right...

HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2! :love:

Also, that bottom left face straight up has no fangs. Teeth slider does nothing on it.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Erdricks posted:

Is there a consensus yet on the best way to farm festibux?

I don't know if it's the best but in the sanctum gold completion on the sparkling essence collection event gets you 40-43, and silver on dolyak races gets you around 39. And they both repeat every hour. Way more than I got running boss blitz, but I haven't jumped back in the gauntlet yet.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Erdricks posted:

Is there a consensus yet on the best way to farm festibux?

Sanctum Sprint gave me 14 for 3rd and 22 for first. Seems pretty quick too!

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Adhesive Gamin posted:

That one and middle right...

Yeah a lot of the "new" faces this time around are just previously released faces with slightly modified textures. Lamer than usual!

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Erdricks posted:

Still looking for festibux strats, but also wondering if someone could post pics of the new eternity effects

The footsteps have an added red effect and pop with a rising white stars, similar to the pommel trail. The aura has changed/now has two. It has more depth of colour and now during the daytime, it gets a white/red aura similar to Sunrise instead of the black Twilight aura, which has also had a hint of red added and is more solid than smokey and it dissipates differently. The auras really look much better.

Bladetrail seems to just be a fix really but most welcome. The effect when it's drawn/swapped to is sort of a semi-circle enlarged aura effect that radiates with those white stars outwards.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

For those goons looking to complete the Gauntlet Favorite achievement, I wanted to post a couple tips: first, you don't need to defeat 12 unique bosses. I beat all of them except for Liadri, and then went back and killed the first guy again with a different gambit, and that finished the achievement. Secondly, none of the bosses have Defiant, so blind works a treat. On virtually every boss I used the Hamstrung gambit and then just spammed the d/p combo (Black Powder -> Heartseeker -> Backstab) until they were dead, easy peasy.

Let's pretend I posted this here rather than the GW1 thread, shall we?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i sat on the ground and threw dirt at like 4 of the gauntlet bosses while my pet healed me. ranger strats

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

CLAM DOWN posted:

That's an argument for genocide right there.

Oh Arus, you forget your true enemy.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Alternative walkthrough for gauntlet: be minion master necro.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i sat on the ground and threw dirt at like 4 of the gauntlet bosses while my pet healed me. ranger strats

Same.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Mizuti posted:

That is the new Asura Butt right there.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

J3ng4 posted:

Sanctum Sprint gave me 14 for 3rd and 22 for first. Seems pretty quick too!
You get 30-ish for 1st, and most of the people who play Sanctum Sprint are as bad as they've ever been so that shouldn't be hard (:ssh: Use Aspect Master to get an early lead and then drop fake powerups at every place they'd be inconvenient).

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

How does it feel fighting your ogre doppleganger? :v:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Mizuti posted:

Helena Bonham Carter looks slightly different these days.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

U.T. Raptor posted:

How does it feel fighting your ogre doppleganger? :v:

Uh excuse me I am a beautiful svelte young human female.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Thing is, I didn't even abuse the facial sliders. I could have made it look so, so much worse.

I wonder why they bother designing these faces few people will pay for.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Unsettling faces are great and amazing, probably the pve plebs are the only people who would think otherwise.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Unsettling faces are great and amazing, probably the pve plebs are the only people who would think otherwise.

Spoken like a true disgusting Asura filth.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
One of these times I'll get into a pavilion that isn't full of people complaining that the event isn't like last year and zerging up anyway, then complaining about how long it takes to finish.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

bought 25 keys 0 claim tickets

gently caress arus

I bought 25 keys, 1 claim ticket, 10 scraps. Maybe you weren't doing it right. Did you buy chests or did you only use ones that dropped for you? Were you facing west while only wearing socks and a scarf? These are all vital steps to successful key usage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I needed a Black Lion Salvage Kit and opened a chest and got a salvage kit, pretty sure BLCs are working as intended

• Locked thread