Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I think she said 30?

I wouldn't mind being her first ex-husband. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
I'm marrying her, dammit! And she's close to my age.

Sandra: I got it, I got it, I got it...

No you don't.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
How can you cook with no gas, Kashia? :ramsay:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Man, I'm so over Anton.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Did he just lock them in the pantry? :laffo:

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
That's the trouble with a 20 chef season. You can barely recognize anybody but the drama queens until half are gone, which is where we are now.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Anton, you need the help. Oh, and you need to talk to your teammates, too. :doh:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Remember that Anton's the self-appointed leader. Good god, he's delusional.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
You both lost.

Red: Sandra and Kaisha(?).

Blue: Anton and Scott(?).

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Rochelle, you fool! Never leave the group during an elimination vote, you'll be the first to go.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

surf rock posted:

Rochelle, you fool! Never leave the group during an elimination vote, you'll be the first to go.

Rochelle?! Really?! :psypop:

Watch this blow up in their faces.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I smell a team switch.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

OmegaBR posted:

I smell a team switch.

DOUBLE TEAM SWITCH!

This is unprecedented. I think.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"Every one of you had a chance to win this competition..."

That had to have been hard for him to say.

Edit: Who is that?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
:siren: TEAM SWITCH! :siren:

Rochelle's gettin' hitched. :yotj:

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

OmegaBR posted:

I smell a team switch.

Double-quadruple team switch!

You just threw your most consistent player under the bus, Red. :ohdear:

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Not much of an issue for the blue team. At worse, Sandra self-destructs again and gets sent packing.

Red team is about to implode.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

surf rock posted:

In every past season, I've had some idea who the really talented chefs are by this point. But this season, it's like every single chef left at this point remain wildly uneven.

I think Scott and Rochelle are going to the final round, black jackets at the very least.

And loving :laffo: at both teams for giving away their best member for total bullshit reasons.

Ghostpilot posted:

Remember that Anton's the self-appointed leader. Good god, he's delusional.

He's a loving schmuck and the only reason I can imagine he didn't go home was because the producers kept him in. He's a can of blond hair dye from being a real life 40-something Beavis.

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 23, 2014

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I'm torn on Anton. He's kind of a dick and he crashed badly that service but I think he's still one of the best chefs there.

Of the current ten, I'd probably say Anton, Jason, Melanie, Rochelle and Joy are in no particular order the top half.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Brocktoon posted:

Yes, because the slice is then going to be on its side on a plate, and the eater will be cutting off pieces against the grain.

Why would you do that? Pretty much any other roast is served by making slices against the grain and then putting those slabs on the diner's plate.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
am i hallucinating or did it say Kashia was 23 loving years old

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Anton might be a good chef, but he's a terrible leader. He's also totally cracking under the pressure and trying to pass the buck, telling everybody not to talk to him so he can concentrate. That's not gonna fly at all in a Ramsay environment.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The idea that Gordon would choose to get rid of someone because they want a family is insane. Gordon brings his drat family on TV all the time.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay so here is my post about Top Chef season 2. It won't be nearly as long as the last post because all I really want to say is gently caress all of these people.

Holy poo poo.

What a huge group of assholes.

I had heard from a couple of people that this was "The Marcel season" so I thought Marcel would be some uber-douchebag like Stephen was, but as I was watching episode after episode I just wasn't seeing it. Everyone hated him, but I just couldn't see why at all. He seemed like this awkward kid who was a chemistry nerd and didn't really know how to hang out with the cool kids. His roof hater-rap that he wrote just solidified that.

Eventually I realized it was called that because of how they treated Marcel. They basically hazed him and for no real reason. It was like Top Chef: stereotypical high school edition.

You could just feel how much the judges hated Elia at the end, but they really should have hated Ilan and to some extent Sam just as much.

As for Cliff, I loved the shocked look on his face when he was asked to leave. Yeah rear end in a top hat, you loving assaulted a guy. You came into his room in the middle of the night, threw him to the floor and held him down while he struggled and screamed for help. The whole thing felt very convenient with the "handheld camcorder" they happened to have, which I'm not sure if that was just a terrible coincidence, or it really was the camera crew but they didn't want to get them in trouble for not intervening like it's some sort of documentary. I don't know what would have happened if they didn't have it all on film. In any case though, they should have just given Marcel the win just for that.

Finale spoiler:
The fact that he didn't win really pissed me off. I feel like this terrible season could have been redeemed if they had him win just to stick it to everyone else who was a bully to him. But really it was pretty obvious when they were talking about how the winner is just more matured and further along in his career that it was going to be Ilan.

I mean, I guess I can say it's a good thing I watched it so if any of these assholes other than Marcel come back I know to hate them immediately, but onto the Season 3.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Asiina posted:

The idea that Gordon would choose to get rid of someone because they want a family is insane. Gordon brings his drat family on TV all the time.

He's one of the lucky ones who hit it huge and made 3 Michelin stars in his 30s, making him able to do whatever the gently caress he wants.

I mean, there's no way he sees his family for more the 1/3 of the year. Half the time he's in American he's swamped with the TV shows and overseeing his US restaurants. His kids are probably in top tier boarding schools, his wife has her own minor celebrity career, and Ramsay hasn't been caught in any major infidelity so things are probably pretty good in his family.

For most people wanting to make a go at a serious restaurant career starting a family is not a good idea.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

pentyne posted:

He's one of the lucky ones who hit it huge and made 3 Michelin stars in his 30s, making him able to do whatever the gently caress he wants.

I mean, there's no way he sees his family for more the 1/3 of the year. Half the time he's in American he's swamped with the TV shows and overseeing his US restaurants. His kids are probably in top tier boarding schools, his wife has her own minor celebrity career, and Ramsay hasn't been caught in any major infidelity so things are probably pretty good in his family.

For most people wanting to make a go at a serious restaurant career starting a family is not a good idea.

Her saying "I want to have a family someday" doesn't mean "I will quit this Hell's Kitchen job if it means I can land me a husband" and I think it's ridiculous to think that. Lots of people can have careers now and still want families down the road.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Asiina posted:

Her saying "I want to have a family someday" doesn't mean "I will quit this Hell's Kitchen job if it means I can land me a husband" and I think it's ridiculous to think that. Lots of people can have careers now and still want families down the road.
It's been mentioned that she's engaged, so a marriage is imminent. It'll be hard for her, but it's no reason to put her up for elimination. Yeah, her teammates are assholes.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Asiina posted:

I mean, I guess I can say it's a good thing I watched it so if any of these assholes other than Marcel come back I know to hate them immediately, but onto the Season 3.
I think some stories came out that Marcel was being a unrelenting, tremendous arrogant dick, but nothing he did deserves the treatment he got. I remember Sam being kinda mild-mannered, but near the end even he had had enough and blew up at him at a store. Marcel ended up getting glassed by some random chick at a bar a few years later.

I tend to remember seasons by the some of the main contestants. Season 1 was the Harold season, 2 was the Marcel season, Season 3 is the Hung season. It's a good one.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

subroc posted:

I think some stories came out that Marcel was being a unrelenting, tremendous arrogant dick, but nothing he did deserves the treatment he got. I remember Sam being kinda mild-mannered, but near the end even he had had enough and blew up at him at a store. Marcel ended up getting glassed by some random chick at a bar a few years later.

I tend to remember seasons by the some of the main contestants. Season 1 was the Harold season, 2 was the Marcel season, Season 3 is the Hung season. It's a good one.

I think he was definitely hard to work with, but I definitely took it more as someone who is socially awkward rather than intentionally an rear end in a top hat. Like so many times he'd say something sorta joking and look to his fellow contestants and they'd all be rolling their eyes and cut to their confessionals where they're all OH MY GOD I WANT TO PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE I HATE HIM SO MUCH!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Asiina posted:

Top Chef Season 2 Marcel getting assaulted.

I looked this up, and holy poo poo it was as bad if not worse then you described. Apparently one of the judges was insistent that everyone else involved get kicked off the show and give Marcel the title but the producers refused, and Cliff getting the ax was the compromise.

quote:

The sight of Sam yukking it up or Ilan yelling, "Get him! Get him!" from behind the camera was just as disturbing as the sight of Cliff tackling a stunned and terrified Marcel on the floor. And I'm not willing to hold Elia blameless just because she wasn't in the room -- I know she heard the others entreating her to join them, so she must have heard Marcel calling out for help. The whole thing brought to mind that famous quote, "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Any one of them could have spoken up and said, "This isn't cool, guys. Knock it off." But they didn't, so as far as I was concerned they were all to blame and I was ready to send the lot of them home and let Marcel win by default.

After watching the episode, I really wanted Tom to go "You know, I was ready kick all of you off and declare Marcel the winner, but I can't. Enjoy your lucky break."

pentyne fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 24, 2014

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Top Chef Season 2 Marcel

What episode did he get assaulted in?

Episode 11, and just his head shaved, not as exciting as I thought.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 12:29 on May 24, 2014

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

OmegaBR posted:

Anton might be a good chef, but he's a terrible leader. He's also totally cracking under the pressure and trying to pass the buck, telling everybody not to talk to him so he can concentrate. That's not gonna fly at all in a Ramsay environment.

He was also the guy who told his team in a previous episode that when he shouts out the time, they need to factor in an extra thirty seconds. And got pissed because they couldn't figure that out.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

KennyMan666 posted:

I'm torn on Anton. He's kind of a dick and he crashed badly that service but I think he's still one of the best chefs there.

Of the current ten, I'd probably say Anton, Jason, Melanie, Rochelle and Joy are in no particular order the top half.

Anton over Scott, really?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

subroc posted:

I am not excusing either assault on him (the Top Chef one or getting attacked in a bar) in the slightest with this post, just to get that out of the way.

Marcel has been described by just about anyone that's worked with him in other restaurants and especially television shows as an incredibly difficult and irritating person. The fact that he's extremely talented and an excellent chef makes it even worse, because it makes it look like anyone complaining about him is just jealous. If you watch the All-Stars season of Top Chef it's obvious he's going out of his way to be as antagonistic as possible to just about everyone on the show, same with that reunion dinner they did a few years ago where he started a fight with Fabio, of all people, out of nowhere. There's also the fact that he's been popped for DUI twice.

Again, not saying he deserved any of the physical attacks he received. But I can certainly understand why people hate him and it looks like he still can't after all these years.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

According to this, July 21 finally sees the return of Hotel Hell:

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/summer-tv-schedule-premieres/

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
I guess MasterChef S4 starts in a few hours?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I guess MasterChef S4 starts in a few hours?
Yes.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I guess they've cut out the first round.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Zero One posted:

I guess they've cut out the first round.

Ya thats very disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Auditions are the best part of this show. Boo, hiss. :(

Also, Fat Albert's fake glasses already annoy me.

Edit: Graham looks like he lost a person, daaaamn.