Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Insensative_Asshole posted:

SPVP really makes people mad

Guild Wars 2: swag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I jumped Morgan's Spiral earlier today and there was a fat pink charr who'd laid down a Box of Fun on the reward chest and was fearing anyone and everyone who tried to collect it.

The chest is on the edge of a very tall cliff.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

What costume brawl sets/kits/permanent tonics are able to put down a costume brawl table and also have a fear?

I think Mad King can do both of those things but I'm not sure.

e: yep, and it was on sale 3 weeks ago. Now I have to wait until October :negative:

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 13:25 on May 26, 2014

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Kessel posted:

I jumped Morgan's Spiral earlier today and there was a fat pink charr who'd laid down a Box of Fun on the reward chest and was fearing anyone and everyone who tried to collect it.

The real Long Game is doing the same thing, but in the Dreamdark Enclave.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Whoever it was that suggested doing EotM for wvwvw achievements: thanks! I went from 5/10 achievements to 9/10 over the weekend, made almost 10 golds in profit and leveled my warrior from 7 to 26. :toot:

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

Insensative_Asshole posted:

SPVP really makes people mad

I think I may have been on this guys team once, two of us against three. All he did was map chat about how it was more like 3 vs 1 and he couldn't do everything himself and he was only dying because everyone ganged up on him and if it was one on one he'd kill everyone. Somehow this did not inspire me to be a better teammate.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

ChetReckless posted:

I think I may have been on this guys team once, two of us against three. All he did was map chat about how it was more like 3 vs 1 and he couldn't do everything himself and he was only dying because everyone ganged up on him and if it was one on one he'd kill everyone. Somehow this did not inspire me to be a better teammate.

It's important, when you meet players like this, to give them as much opportunity to shine and show their skill at the game as possible.

Ideally this will involve leaving them alone on points against multiple opponents the entire match.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Kessel posted:

Some say the ghost of Jerkjerk still haunts this game, seeking vengeance against the living for never appreciating his cooking enough.

Bret Hart
Nov 28, 2010

Is this thief build decent for surviving in general PVE / dungeons? I don't care about full "zerk stats" because full zerk anything other than a warrior / guardian tends to die easily.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQJAsal8Mp6pdPxzJ0PNhORt9tFAJIX5W3DRcFEA

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My mouse seems to just lose connection whenever I hold RMB to swivel the camera. It doesn't have issues in any other games, not even in ones with similar controls. Upping rotational speed helped a bit but not much.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Bret Hart posted:

Is this thief build decent for surviving in general PVE / dungeons? I don't care about full "zerk stats" because full zerk anything other than a warrior / guardian tends to die easily.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQJAsal8Mp6pdPxzJ0PNhORt9tFAJIX5W3DRcFEA

It's kind of all over the place but if you're going to have fun playing it go for it I guess? :shrug:

Not sure why you have a trap CD reduction trait without traps, though.

Bret Hart
Nov 28, 2010

I guess I have no idea what I'm doing... I just don't want to die when I go to ORR, and dont want to be downed in dungeons, really.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

You are running sword/pistol, the spammable blind field should really be enough to keep you alive in most situations. Not so much if you're soloing a champ, but if you're doing that you should be using d/d rather than s/p, anyway.

Remember too that the best defense is a good offense, especially for the thief: we're designed to be glass cannons, really. Using the XIII trait in CS precludes you from using Executioner or Hidden Killer, both of which are the bread and butter of most thief builds. Since you're running s/p primarily I'd also recommend investing at least 15 points in Trickery, for increased initiative.

Thieves Guild puts out more DPS than Daggerstorm in most non-zerg situations.

I'm also not a big fan of Critical Haste, but that's because I main d/d and it screws up the CnD -> BS -> autoattack chain -> CnD rotation. It's less obnoxious for s/p, but if you're using Pistol Whip's evade to stay alive and Critical Haste triggers it will reduce your invulnerability frames.

e: I usually run something like this when I'm maining s/p. An added benefit is switching back to d/d requires only a couple quick trait flips.

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 27, 2014

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also if you're afraid of going full squish, soldier with zerker weapons/trikens or knight's with zerker weapons/trinkets will help with that and still give you decent DPS.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Bret Hart posted:

I guess I have no idea what I'm doing... I just don't want to die when I go to ORR, and dont want to be downed in dungeons, really.

Don't take critical haste. You don't want a random proc quickness when you're relying on pistol whip's evade to keep you alive, and the damage boost is miniscule.

I also just don't really feel like you're getting much from a lot of those survivability traits. Invigorating precision is okay I suppose, since it's at the end of a good trait line. You're giving up the fantastic executioner trait, but so be it. But since the healing it does is based on outgoing damage, it isn't gonna do much at all if you aren't geared/specced for damage. The 10 in shadow arts is a waste of points. Last refuge hurts just as much as it helps due to revealed. Slowed pulse heals for almost nothing, it doesn't help if group members are already giving you regen, and it only works when you're bleeding. The adept and master traits you've picked in acrobatics are pretty terrible (the adept one is literally worthless). Not that there's a lot of amazing choices in there, but there are certainly better ones than you've gone with.

If your goal is to not get downed in dungeons, you're gonna have a hard time with that playing a thief if you don't know exactly what to do to avoid damage, and even then it can be rough if you aren't in a speedy group that can kill everything before it has a chance to become dangerous. Even in full zerker with full damage builds, rangers/warriors/necros/guardians/engineers are all plenty sturdy and may be a better choice for you.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

Also if you're afraid of going full squish, soldier with zerker weapons/trikens or knight's with zerker weapons/trinkets will help with that and still give you decent DPS.

There's really no good reason not to go full Berserker or Assassin in PvE.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Goshawk had some relatives over.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

central posted:

There's really no good reason not to go full Berserker or Assassin in PvE.

You can do all PvE content in cleric greens.

I consider not being comfortable without going full squish pretty good reasons myself.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

BombermanX posted:

Goshawk had some relatives over.

This is pretty much how she does Arah p2, actually.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

I consider not being comfortable without going full squish pretty good reasons myself.

The only reason you would do PvE content in cleric greens is because "LOL I'm doing PvE in cleric greens." I don't know why you'd purposefully gimp yourself or advise someone else to do it. Avoiding berserkers/assassins because you're afraid of getting downed is counter-intuitive. The main damage mitigation technique in this game is dodging, second to that is bursting enemies down before they can be a real threat. Knights/Soldiers/Clerics doesn't help with either of those. I'm not saying it's good design or that you can't use different stat sets, I'm just saying that if you're looking for advice on how to be the most helpful to a group (and to yourself) in PvE then berserker or assassin is the way to go.

It's one of the reasons why I love PvP/small-scale WvW so much, because other stats/builds actually matter.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I redid my colors so that I can use some pretty Tormented weapons. :3: Now these goddamn buy orders need to fill.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
I have a tormented pistol skin I really want to use, but it's hovering around 90g on the TP. It turns out I'm the one who is tormented :smith:

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

The endgame is once again confirmed to be skins.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I redid my colors so that I can use some pretty Tormented weapons. :3: Now these goddamn buy orders need to fill.

Needs brighter purple :colbert:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

HaroldofTheRock posted:

I have a tormented pistol skin I really want to use, but it's hovering around 90g on the TP. It turns out I'm the one who is tormented :smith:

I have a buy order up for 72g, I'll buy it from you for that much if you'd like. :v:

U.T. Raptor posted:

Needs brighter purple :colbert:

I decided to match the dusky black-purple parts rather than the bright bits!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I have a buy order up for 72g, I'll buy it from you for that much if you'd like. :v:

I decided to match the dusky black-purple parts rather than the bright bits!

You still look like me though. :colbert:

And 90G isn't that high, you can get that in a week. Get a 100g, buy it again then sell yours.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Dukka posted:

The endgame is once again confirmed to be skins.

Too right

I got the longbow too

I need help

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

My mouse seems to just lose connection whenever I hold RMB to swivel the camera. It doesn't have issues in any other games, not even in ones with similar controls. Upping rotational speed helped a bit but not much.

Oh dear lord, there's someone else who's having this problem. This has been happening to me intermittently as well and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I'm so glad to see that I'm not alone.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Various Meat Prod. posted:

Oh dear lord, there's someone else who's having this problem. This has been happening to me intermittently as well and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I'm so glad to see that I'm not alone.

Happens to me too.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR8e7GfhFZk

Here's something cool, hidden area in SE and a house full of child skeletons.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Visidan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR8e7GfhFZk

Here's something cool, hidden area in SE and a house full of child skeletons.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Lonk is like screenshotter of the year in this thread. He captures both beautiful and hideous things.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

The Ancestral outfit is available in the gem store now.

It's like Elite Canthan mesmer armor :allears:

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Alteisen posted:

Last person in my guild who said that had his jaw hit the floor when he saw me doing subject 7 yesterday in about 5 seconds. Defences on gear is pointless in PvE, anything that you can survive wearing that gear, you can also survive wearing zerker. Anything that one shots you wearing that gear, one shots you as a zerker. Active defences is all that matters and gear has 0.000% influences on those.

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Mesmer master race?

Edit: Shartlord Grogfart is looking so strong, so fierce.

Double Edit (looking through my screenshot folder):

We're doomed!

Loten fucked around with this message at 12:24 on May 27, 2014

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
This is my mesmer set up, please evaluate me: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAsaWnsISDaWhGOqB3aIx1YM5JzcqiIVAluiNmG-TlCEABLoE8F1dYUlAQ0HEkyva2fwhDBAAm/e4JA0wJAgUALKMC-w

My problems is I think my crit chance might be too low and I'm not sold on decoy but I'm not feeling any other option.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 12:39 on May 27, 2014

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Turncoat Mommy posted:

This is my mesmer set up, please evaluate me: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAsaWnsISDaWhGOqB3aIx1YM5JzcqiIVAluiNmG-TlCEABLoE8F1dYUlAQ0HEkyva2fwhDBAAm/e4JA0wJAgUALKMC-w

My problems is I think my crit chance might be too low and I'm not sold on decoy but I'm not feeling any other option.

Not bad, I made some slight changes to it and removed decoy. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQRAra7fl0npMt1qxBNMrVirBZuWcqegGSHgBMzSNBA-TVCEABls/AFnEgnU+pnegEVPQRVc6TzAAPBADVCSKgq0VB-w

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
So there's a new outfit in the gem store that puts a dragon on male charr tail.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

So there's a new outfit in the gem store that puts a dragon on male charr tail.

Holy poo poo am I glad I didn't blow all my gems on keys. Which weight is that armour? Please say light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

tarbrush posted:

Holy poo poo am I glad I didn't blow all my gems on keys. Which weight is that armour? Please say light.

It's an outfit, like the Mad King outfit. Any class can wear it.

• Locked thread