Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I hope there's at least two iterations of Link and two Zelda characters to play as from different games or whatever along with a bunch of other dudes. It would be shameful if Zelda isn't playable given the liberties Tecmo Koei takes with feudal China without getting any flak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
It looks like there's two separate versions of link, although it may just be a costume swap. Saw some different shields and swords maybe? The campaign mode will be strange with Koei's Korean soap opera cinemas and link being mute.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I do wonder if they're going to go for lots of characters to play as or a small number of characters but tons of weapons. I'd be happy either way as long as the variety is there.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is that chick with the huge katana Impa? Because that's just big enough to be funny.

Anyway, Zelda has to be playable.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Nihilarian posted:

Anyway, Zelda has to be playable.

If Sheik isn't in this game, someone messed up majorly.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
If Sheik Groose isn't in this game, someone messed up majorly.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Full Battle Rattle posted:

It looks like there's two separate versions of link, although it may just be a costume swap.
Initially Link is being trained by Impa and wears a standard hyrule soldier uniform. Apparently he gets the green tunic when Impa realizes he's the incarnation of the hero or something.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I want a fashionable Link who refuses the traditional green tunic. "What do you mean it doesn't suit your complexion," angrily asks the obligatory older man who mentors Link in the tutorial stage. "Your eyes are green, it brings them out and everything!"

Instead, you play the game in a hunter-grey sweater vest with a black and white checkered stripe across the chest over a light rose french-cuffed blouse, with white boat shoes and acid-washed denim.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
Does that outfit come with a green hoodie? 'Cause it would probable be okay if there was a green hoodie involved.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I want a fashionable Link who refuses the traditional green tunic. "What do you mean it doesn't suit your complexion," angrily asks the obligatory older man who mentors Link in the tutorial stage. "Your eyes are green, it brings them out and everything!"

Instead, you play the game in a hunter-grey sweater vest with a black and white checkered stripe across the chest over a light rose french-cuffed blouse, with white boat shoes and acid-washed denim.

He needs to go over to WAYWT because that poo poo is so 2006;

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The scarf is good.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Sobatchja Morda posted:

Does that outfit come with a green hoodie? 'Cause it would probable be okay if there was a green hoodie involved.

That does kinda want me seeing some kind of variant on the whole typical 'green tunic' set up. I mean, the design has certainly evolved over the years, gaining some degrees of practicality and all - such as the the chainmail, vambraces, etc - but it'd be interesting to see if they could find outfits that definitely resemble it, but have a different purpose and feel to them. For example, and this is a very quick one at that, what about a poncho with a hood? The Zelda mythos has and uses the desert a bunch, so it wouldn't be hard to justify it as just a regular article of clothing that, coincidentally, is the hero's favourite colour.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm still mad that I can't also rock blue and red tunics in every game anymore.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Astro Nut posted:

For example, and this is a very quick one at that, what about a poncho with a hood? The Zelda mythos has and uses the desert a bunch, so it wouldn't be hard to justify it as just a regular article of clothing that, coincidentally, is the hero's favourite colour.

Go all the way and make it a western. Link is the Man With No Voice in The Wise, the Powerful and the Courageous. (alternatively: For a Few Rupees More)

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Cucco, You Sucker!

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Man, I'm hyped for Hyrule Warriors. I'll probably get a Wii U for it and for the next Zelda game, which hopefully we get some info about at E3.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Cucco, You Sucker!

A Mule for Sister Saria

(Okay, I'll stop now)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Like everything else, Zelda Westerns are a thing that exists on the internet, in fanart and live-action webseries form in this case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UunpCv7kKHw

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I never really realised how much I wanted that till I saw it. I'd play the hell out of a Legend of Zelda game with the gameplay from Red Dead.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Twilight Princess got close:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsSXzmR9RgQ&t=375s

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

This design is the most Zelda-ish thing in that gallery, and it's great.

I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game before, so I'm not sure I'm interested in this, but it looks neat at least.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Nihilarian posted:

Like everything else, Zelda Westerns are a thing that exists on the internet, in fanart and live-action webseries form in this case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UunpCv7kKHw
How did I not see this for two years.

The Octorok gag made me laugh way more than it should have.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If the Windwaker is my fave Zelda, does the Wii U remake do a good job or is it just a little coat of paint on the same house? Is the camera trophy mini game still impossibly tedious?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bust Rodd posted:

If the Windwaker is my fave Zelda, does the Wii U remake do a good job or is it just a little coat of paint on the same house? Is the camera trophy mini game still impossibly tedious?

Yes, and a big resounding no.

Windwaker is my favorite Zelda too and I adored the remake. The changes they made to the sailing with the addition of the fast sail alone make it worth it. Sailing is so fun and relaxing with that thing. No stopping every few minutes to change the wind direction. Just go wherever you want!

Also the Pictobox can store 12 photos now, you can hand as many pictures back to the figuring guy as you want, it only takes one day to finish them, and you just start out with the Deluxe Pictobox. None of this black and white bullshit.

It's actually pretty easy to just complete the figurines as you go. Plus folks sometimes will put the missable ones in Tingle Bottles for you to find.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think actually he can still only do around fifteen at a time or something. There's a limit, but the limit is more than you can carry anyway.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah, the remake is visually beautiful and pretty much every change they made involves making the game less tedious. The swift sail eliminates half of your sail time, the deluxe picto box is easier to get, tells when you've taken a good picture so that you don't have to guess until you can sail back to the forest, and it holds way more than 3 pictures. You also have to pay Tingle considerably fewer rupees for the Triforce quest.

They took the parts of the game that everybody complained about and fixed them, and in the meantime they made it really pretty to look at.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

They relocated the triforce pieces to be less tedious, I believe.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Nihilarian posted:

They relocated the triforce pieces to be less tedious, I believe.

Basically half the time instead of finding a chart you have to get translated the chest you open just has the actual triforce piece.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
I myself haven't played Wind Waker HD but I've watched videos and it looks very pretty.

I'm hoping they use the same graphics they used in WWHD for the new Zelda game for Wii U but have the game take place in Hyrule not the Great Sea like in Wind Waker. An HD Zelda game with a realistic graphical style on the Wii U would probably look like The Witcher or Dragon Age and I don't want the game to look like that.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I just hope the next game tells me what a red or blue rupee is worth every time I turn it on, because I forget so easily!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Maybe the next one will have forex trading as you go between lands. You got a golden septim! That's worth 7 & 3/5ths rupees!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah maybe before transaction fees, loving bank of hyrule.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Maybe the next one will have forex trading as you go between lands. You got a golden septim! That's worth 7 & 3/5ths rupees!

Would you like to purchase some Gerudo rupees? They're just like regular rupees, except more fun.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Silver Falcon posted:

Also the Pictobox can store 12 photos now, you can hand as many pictures back to the figuring guy as you want, it only takes one day to finish them, and you just start out with the Deluxe Pictobox. None of this black and white bullshit.

Sorry, false, you still need to get the Deluxe Pictobox, the one you find after.... releasing Tingle is still black and white until you upgrade it.

Of course, with how Miiverse bottles work, you can pick up colour pics with just the regular Pictobox. Hell, you can probably get half the figure gallery without taking any pics yourself.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

You still have to take some pictures for Lenzo, but you don't need to get the firefly from Forest Haven. You can get the deluxe pictobox the first time you're at Windfall in Wind Waker HD.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Bicyclops posted:

Would you like to purchase some Gerudo rupees? They're just like regular rupees, except more fun.

I instantly got that reference, drat you.

That said, alternate money would be actually kind of interesting in a Zelda again. I mean, I get the land of Hyrule exists and all, but what about other kingdoms? Perhaps Zelda could loan out her hero some time when trouble is afoot elsewhere?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Astro Nut posted:

I instantly got that reference, drat you.

That said, alternate money would be actually kind of interesting in a Zelda again. I mean, I get the land of Hyrule exists and all, but what about other kingdoms? Perhaps Zelda could loan out her hero some time when trouble is afoot elsewhere?

That was basically the plot of both Oracle of Seasons & Oracle of Ages. The two kingdoms Link travels to still use Rupees.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Yeah, but maybe that's because the Hylian Rupee is just a better currency. Like how some random countries out there don't bother with their own currency, they just use, like, CAD or something.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Rupees are dug up from mines rather than minted, so who knows what the gently caress. There's a guy who has a room full of gold coins, but this is never acknowledged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Fütbol
May 18, 2003

FUCKING GOOOOOOOAL IN PHRAGMATICS FYAD CONTEST

CottonWolf posted:

I never really realised how much I wanted that till I saw it. I'd play the hell out of a Legend of Zelda game with the gameplay from Red Dead.

It's not "Red Dead Redemption," but Gunman's Proof is pretty much a western version of A Link to the Past

• Locked thread