Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010

Dotcom656 posted:

So my somewhat older Deathadder (from 2011 or 2012) has started mis-registering clicks. Im looking for a replacement (also a replacement keyboard but I'll hit up the keyboard megathread for that)

How does the Logitech G502 feel and perform?

Do you guys talk about the G602 and 700S mainly because they're cheaper, or is there some other reason besides the wireless capability?

Just wireless for me. I used to despise wireless mouse performance but in recent years it's definitely acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dotcom656
Apr 7, 2007
I WILL TAKE BETTER PICTURES OF MY DRAWINGS BEFORE POSTING THEM

Ignoarints posted:

Just wireless for me. I used to despise wireless mouse performance but in recent years it's definitely acceptable.

Okay. Yeah I really like the ability of the G502 to adjust weights, mainly because I want to experiment with weights and see what feels best for me.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I don't know what else I can say about this mouse. I've been stanning for it for like three pages. It's a really loving good mouse. If what you're after, as a person who wants a really loving good mouse, is a really loving good mouse - and, you happen to be right handed - congrats, you've found yourself a really loving good mouse here.

On a scale of 1-5, where 1 is "A really loving bad mouse," and 5 is "A really loving good mouse," I'd give this thing a very solid 5/5. It's good. For doing stuff with. Mouse stuff. Not macro stuff. It technically has those functions but it's hard to make effective use of them outside of ditching the profiles option in favor of just one profile setting, and ditching the DPI up/down in favor of just one DPI setting. I personally quite like the DPI shift option, it's something I look for in mice and appreciate a lot when I find it - not for gaming, I'm not nearly good enough to care about it in that context - but in the DAW, it makes precision operations just ultra simple to go from my usual 4800 DPI down to like 400 DPI (it just keeps creeping upwards, but this sensor kicks the 9800 sensor's rear end all over town for precision, so I'm rolling with it). That's a pretty specific use and probably not germane to your usage case. You seem like the kind of person who just wants a really loving good mouse.

So I guess I've got some good news for you.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Pilsner posted:

I "upgraded" to the latest Logitech Gaming Software for my MX 518 mouse, and a problem I now have is that whenever I resume my computer from hibernation, the sensitivity is at a medium level, requiring me to press the increase DPI button a few times. I've set the default sensitivity to high in the godawful configuration program, but it doesn't help.

I've also tried downgrading to the old SetPoint software, but when I start it, the mouse configuration tab is missing, and no tips I've found works to solve this.

Yeah, I have that problem on my laptop, but I always just ended up restarting it. It's like it just totally doesn't bother to configure the buttons — I have the three around the mouse wheel set to keybinds, and after standby they just go back to being DPI buttons.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

So I filed my support ticket with Corsair regarding my M65 mouse button breaking on Sunday and still haven't heard anything despite their 2 business day promise. One of the fields in their ticket form is purchase date, so I looked that up and realized this thing is less than a year old. Even my Razer lasted longer than this...

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Dotcom656 posted:

Okay. Yeah I really like the ability of the G502 to adjust weights, mainly because I want to experiment with weights and see what feels best for me.

If you play FPS don't worry about the weights. In fact it might be too heavy for you out of the box. If you do high DPI micro stuff weights are going to be more of a factor.

This is, of course, IMO.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

kiwid posted:

Those of you with a G502, if you move your wheel slightly (in free mode) and then let go, does it rotate by itself as if it's off balance? Like in certain spots, if I let go of the wheel, it'll spin down slightly as if there is a weight off-balance issue.

I'm thinking about exchanging mine for another one but I want to see if others have this issue first.

So, I RMA'd my G502 with Logitech and they replaced the mouse with a non-broken one. However, they provided no instruction as to what to do with the current mouse I have. Anyone dealt with Logitech warranty support before?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

kiwid posted:

So, I RMA'd my G502 with Logitech and they replaced the mouse with a non-broken one. However, they provided no instruction as to what to do with the current mouse I have. Anyone dealt with Logitech warranty support before?

You scored a free broken (semi-functional?) mouse dude. Logitech is seriously the best.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I had a Logitech headset that my cat chewed through the wire on and they just sent me a new one. Logitech really is the best.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Clanpot Shake posted:

So I filed my support ticket with Corsair regarding my M65 mouse button breaking on Sunday and still haven't heard anything despite their 2 business day promise. One of the fields in their ticket form is purchase date, so I looked that up and realized this thing is less than a year old. Even my Razer lasted longer than this...

Their online support sucks unless you've already made contact over the phone. Call their customer service general line, and talk to a person. That person will do anything shy of sex acts to make it better, so long as it's not RAM. But to be fair that's because RAM is horrible and a pain in the rear end.

Side note: Logitech is the best, yeah, agreed.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

kaschei posted:

You scored a free broken (semi-functional?) mouse dude. Logitech is seriously the best.

Clanpot Shake posted:

I had a Logitech headset that my cat chewed through the wire on and they just sent me a new one. Logitech really is the best.

Awesome. Guess It'll be my backup then.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I hear all these stories about Logitech having the best support, but I bought an M705 that wouldn't connect to its receiver out of the box and they wouldn't replace it because I didn't have a receipt. :smith:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Horizontal Tree posted:

I hear all these stories about Logitech having the best support, but I bought an M705 that wouldn't connect to its receiver out of the box and they wouldn't replace it because I didn't have a receipt. :smith:

They changed that recently thanks to dicks buying a bunch of mice off ebay and getting new ones out of it. I talked to my friend about getting one for my old mouse and he said they're pretty lenient as to what constitutes a receipt, if you have an email confirmation or an amazon order number supposedly they'll take that.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
This was a few months ago when I was warrantying my Func. It was a Walmart purchase and I didn't have the receipt :(
Its not a big deal cause I have two working mice now, but it was wasted money, which is frustrating when you have zero income.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Did you pay with a credit card? They may accept a credit card statement. Wal-Mart may also be able to regenerate the receipt.

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
Just two months ago logitech was willing to replace my g700 even though I had no proof of purchase and honestly no idea when I bought it. I thought it was pretty cool, all they wanted was the serial number

Then I completely forgot about that until now :smith: I've already bought a new one

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Man whoever said to get Corsair on the phone was spot-on. Apparently all they needed was the invoice (screenshot from newegg) to get an RMA started. So now I just need to mail my mouse to them and wait a week :\

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Clanpot Shake posted:

Man whoever said to get Corsair on the phone was spot-on. Apparently all they needed was the invoice (screenshot from newegg) to get an RMA started. So now I just need to mail my mouse to them and wait a week :\

It was me, and yeah, they literally gave me a brand new keyboard as a replacement for a pretty much totally fine old keyboard just because I lost the back leg of it, and it was given to me USED as hell. Then, when a one single LED went out on another keyboard (K95) - which is really not their problem, it's a Cherry mechanical keyboard design flaw, putting the damned LEDs on the keys themselves - a guy had a unit shipped to his office and held it for me explicitly since they were about to send out a restock order and he didn't want to risk not having a unit on-hand for when I needed the replacement.

And, as mentioned earlier, they took unbelievable care of me for my 650D computer case, including giving me, for free, multiple side types, as well as replacing every fan in the unit because one began to fail. Now, they use pretty crap 200mm fans, but still, that was a really magnanimous move from a CS standpoint, giving me about $50 worth of free stuff, all with 1-day shipping for free iirc, and that's not even counting preemptively replacing all of the fans that it came with just in case failure one wasn't going to be an isolated issue (which, btw, it was not, but still!).

They do a really good job of making you happy if you just manage to get them on the phone, it's ridiculously cool of them. Their web service is lovely though, to the point that unless you literally must use it (as is the case with RAM, I think), your best bet is to skip it entirely and just call in. They may have you make a ticket while you're on the phone, but then they'll also dick around with said ticket to take care of all the finicky details for you and probably do something stupid cool on top of that.

They can be almost as good as Logitech, in short, haha.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Logitech G602 is $50 at newegg now and looks like amazon still. G502 chat aside it's a fantastic mouse.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
$20 was getting me nervous and then I saw Gigabyte's website.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Horizontal Tree posted:

It has been two days and I didn't get a response from their support yet. The other two times I had to RMA my g100s it was quick, but this is the third time in the year I've had that mouse fail to the same thing. The left click stops registering consistently despite actuating and making clicky noises. It really sucks because the g100s is the only mouse I've liked from logitech in ages, and if I could get one with a left mouse button that didn't die in 2-4 months I'd probably use it forever.

I should probably start looking for a new mouse. Are there any mice made today with decent sensors, not necessarily high dpi given I use 800-1200 generally, that have the durability of the MX518/MX510? Preferably not the bulk or weight of those. Something g100s sized or like a wider zowie mico would be ideal. I don't care about number of buttons. One or two side buttons are a slight plus, but I live without them currently and can continue to do so.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 27, 2014

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Khorne posted:

It has been two days and I didn't get a response from their support yet. The other two times I had to RMA my g100s it was quick, but this is the third time in the year I've had that mouse fail to the same thing. The left click stops registering consistently despite actuating and making clicky noises. It really sucks because the g100s is the only mouse I've liked from logitech in ages, and if I could get one with a left mouse button that didn't die in 2-4 months I'd probably use it forever.

I should probably start looking for a new mouse. Are there any mice made today with decent sensors, not necessarily high dpi given I use 800-1200 generally, that have the durability of the MX518/MX510? Preferably not the bulk or weight of those. Something g100s sized or like a wider zowie mico would be ideal. I don't care about number of buttons. One or two side buttons are a slight plus, but I live without them currently and can continue to do so.

Did you submit a web ticket, or did you call? Phone support is the way to go with Logitech, I poo poo you not.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Did you submit a web ticket, or did you call? Phone support is the way to go with Logitech, I poo poo you not.
I usually just use web support. I still have an MX518 around so it's no real rush. I just realized yesterday was a holiday, which is probably why there is a delay this time.

whiteshark12
Oct 21, 2010

How that gun even works underwater I don't know, but I bet the answer is magic.
I don't think I've taken my G9 out of free-scroll mode except for play FPS games, is the G502 OK to keep in free-scroll all the time? I saw somebody earlier complaining that it scrolled when they moved the mouse and the only responses were along the lines of 'it shouldn't be in free-scroll when you're not using it'.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
I and at least one other person responded saying that ours do not scroll on their own when the mouse is moved, and we questioned how fast you'd have to be moving the mouse to make it scroll. Mine is quite well-balanced, it's nice.

I still wouldn't recommend it for constant use in freescroll mode though, because it's quite easy to nudge it with your finger and make it move by accident while clicking other buttons. But then, constant use with no scroll detents isn't to my taste in the first place, so your mileage may vary.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
EVGA just released a Gaming Mouse:

https://www.evga.com/mice/torq/

Very similar shape to the Corsair M65; but with a carbon fibre body for some silly extravagant reason. Pity about the laser sensor though.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

Very similar shape to the Corsair M65; but with a carbon fibre body for some silly extravagant reason. Pity about the laser sensor though.

I thought it looked pretty cheesy with the fake carbon fiber body then I realized it wasn't fake :stare:

"0.05% lighter than your plastic mouse!"

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
Nothing is lamer to me than fake carbon fiber (a side effect from my time in cars) but ... if its real, that's ok. Even if it's for a loving mouse.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Mortimer posted:

I thought it looked pretty cheesy with the fake carbon fiber body then I realized it wasn't fake :stare:

"0.05% lighter than your plastic mouse!"
Don't worry though, in case it feels too flimsy it has an adjustable weight system.

It has the exact same sensor as the M65, nearly the same height and length, but is much narrower.

edit: and the USB cables are silver coated. To ensure that the digital signal is even shinier at the destination than its source!

kaschei fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 29, 2014

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

If you scroll down there's a non-carbon fiber one.

It's pretty cool that the cost of switching from plastic to carbon fiber is only $20 for the consumer.

Also is that the first mouse with an offset cable?

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I like how its just a carbon fiber "surface". Who the hell would pay 20 bucks for that? Like any of us ever have cool people in our rooms to show our mice off to.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

hifi posted:

If you scroll down there's a non-carbon fiber one.

It's pretty cool that the cost of switching from plastic to carbon fiber is only $20 for the consumer.

Also is that the first mouse with an offset cable?

Nah, Microsoft Express Mouse.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Smeed posted:

I like how its just a carbon fiber "surface". Who the hell would pay 20 bucks for that? Like any of us ever have cool people in our rooms to show our mice off to.

I'll have you know that I actually like it when those stupid jock types are drooling over the material my mouse is made of when I'm sitting in Starbucks.

edit: also I think that offset cable would be annoying.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It will either be annoying or unnoticeable. If it's noticeable it will be annoying because it's different. And people will convince themselves that they notice it even if it's not a big deal.

So really a no-win situation.

pick your favorite feature to apply this to, I wrote it thinking of the offset cable but there are so many choices

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Welp I'm sending my G502 back. It is super comfortable and tracks very well but I have the issue where it right clicks when I pick up the mouse and the mousewheel while nice is just too slick for me.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Does Windows somehow automatically download Razer's Synapse package? :confused:

Edit: Oh my god, Windows Update actually installs Razer's Synapse bullshit as an Essential update automatically? The hell?

Randler fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 30, 2014

Royal Hammer
Mar 26, 2014

HalloKitty posted:

Nah, Microsoft Express Mouse.

That looks like a freakin' sex toy.

Royal Hammer
Mar 26, 2014

The Lord Bude posted:

Similar shape, but minus 100 sexiness when compared to the M65. I recently got an M65, and holy crabs guys, it feels great. About the same functionality and precision as a good Logitech or Razer mouse, but that build quality is outstanding. It feels like a Cadillac with it's aluminum frame, and makes the Razer Deathadder feel like a Prius in comparison.

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X
Ok so I've decided to get a kana.

But a euro friend told me it was seriously and significantly worth waiting for the v.2

Does anyone here happen to have experience with both, knowledge of when they'll sell stateside or advice as to whether it's really worth importing one now?

Gracias

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

taels posted:

Ok so I've decided to get a kana.

But a euro friend told me it was seriously and significantly worth waiting for the v.2

Does anyone here happen to have experience with both, knowledge of when they'll sell stateside or advice as to whether it's really worth importing one now?

Gracias

The V2 is supposed to have a much better sensor