Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
CM Punk interview with something called RedEyeChicago:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Except that the Matadors are directly linked to the hottest feud in the company.

They're Torito's twin managers and I doubt anyone sees them as anything but background noise right now.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Good for him

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Delsaber posted:

Those chants will follow Sami Zayn around whether the WWE pushes it or not, I think.

But yeah I'm all for tossing the Matadors over a cliff if that would help.

Obviously keeping El Torito.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Chokes McGee posted:

They're Torito's twin managers and I doubt anyone sees them as anything but background noise right now.

Which is probably what the Ole chants will also be.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

Red Eye is the tabloidish daily paper that is part of the Chicago Tribune. That op-ed piece from a few weeks ago with the girl who was his friend was also in that same paper.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Red Eye is the tabloidish daily paper that is part of the Chicago Tribune. That op-ed piece from a few weeks ago with the girl who was his friend was also in that same paper.

He directly answered a question about how it feels to be RETIRED as "it feels good".

he is gone.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Eat My Fuc posted:

He directly answered a question about how it feels to be RETIRED as "it feels good".

he is gone.

Eh I think he's just handling a fluff piece article in a lighthearted manner. Talking about charities he is involved with isn't necessarily the time to talk about his in-ring career.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i dont give a poo poo what cm punk has for breakfast

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Some Other Guy posted:

Quaaludes in a big bowl of whiskey.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Some Other Guy posted:

He's got to be a cereal guy, right? I bet he has a cupboard full of boxes at all times and likes to mix 'em together.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

CM Punk will be back one day, and he'll get a goddamn Jesus pop when he does. He's just chilling out and living life, good for him

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Delsaber posted:

He's got to be a cereal guy, right? I bet he has a cupboard full of boxes at all times and likes to mix 'em together.

He likely mixes Cap'n Crunch with Cocoa Puffs, and then pours Soy milk into the bowl along with some sliced strawberries. Then he eats an entire coconut.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Alan_Shore posted:

CM Punk will be back one day, and he'll get a goddamn Jesus pop when he does. He's just chilling out and living life, good for him

And if he doesn't, meh. He's got his health and that's what matters.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

So WWE assumes that if you haven't been in the WWE then you haven't done nothing, got mad that people actually recognized Ricochet and other trainers talked him up so didn't hire him with the excuse of "oh, we have too many small high flyers"? That's retarded, mainly getting mad that people at the tryout had actually heard of Ricochet.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Suben posted:

So WWE assumes that if you haven't been in the WWE then you haven't done nothing, got mad that people actually recognized Ricochet and other trainers talked him up so didn't hire him with the excuse of "oh, we have too many small high flyers"? That's retarded, mainly getting mad that people at the tryout had actually heard of Ricochet.

That's usually how they do business except for a few outliers (Jericho, Benoit, RVD, CM Punk, Goldberg, etc.) Usually they like to pretend the person has zero history or experience and that the previous places they worked don't exist.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oldpainless posted:

Who was that kid with the Wyatts? Has he shown up anymore? Am I supposed to remember him for story reasons or was it just a thing they decided to do?

He went back to haunting Cam Newton's dreams.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Bigass Moth posted:

That's usually how they do business except for a few outliers (Jericho, Benoit, RVD, CM Punk, Goldberg, etc.) Usually they like to pretend the person has zero history or experience and that the previous places they worked don't exist.

I am actually fine with this. WWE style is not really close to many indie styles. Just because someone can put on a great indie match does not mean that they can put on an amazing WWE match. This is not to say that that wrestler is bad, it is just saying that the styles are different. WWE (and their talent scouts) have to look at a possible hire as whether they can adapt to their style.

When WCW was around even, you had guys who could not adjust to the WWE style (ring size, ring hardness and even ring work). But at least the majority of the ring work style was similar so working in WCW could be looked upon as a plus. Now, without a competitor like that, all of your previous work could be in a style that will never mesh with the WWE style. (such as superkicks being used as often as punches)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Suben posted:

And secondly, you can never have too many high flyers

...not that they do anything with the ones they have

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Bigass Moth posted:

Yeah I know the general "pretend anything pre-WWE never happened" deal they tend to take. It's more the actually getting indignant that other people were like "Whoa, Ricochet? He's good!" part.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Suben posted:

Yeah I know the general "pretend anything pre-WWE never happened" deal they tend to take. It's more the actually getting indignant that other people were like "Whoa, Ricochet? He's good!" part.

Yeah it makes no sense, but it's just the way WWE has always been. Hell, they brought in Dusty Rhodes only to do nothing with him.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I get the sense that the anger has more to do with them simply not wanting people at these camps to be vocal about their thoughts on guys like Ricochet when they come in, which I understand to a certain degree.

Maybe they really do think he hasn't done poo poo yet, but I feel like they just don't want anyone coming into the camps with a big head and having staff and talent talk them up like that is counter to that philosophy.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Onmi posted:

Healthy, creative has nothing for him.

Whenever I see this it's just dumbfounding that creative thinks they "have something" for the 75% of the roster that just farts around every week.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
CM Punk is gone, guys.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Personally, I think it's pretty dumb to go "can't sign this guy, he's too popular on the indies" while at the same time you're offering Kevin Steen, Prince Devitt, and KENTA developmental deals.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Yeah it makes no sense, but it's just the way WWE has always been. Hell, they brought in Dusty Rhodes only to do nothing with him.

Former NWA champs Dusty, Terry Funk, Harley Race, Ronnie Garvin, Kerry Von Erich and Ricky Steamboat were all brought in as new people with no history.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

Personally, I think it's pretty dumb to go "can't sign this guy, he's too popular on the indies" while at the same time you're offering Kevin Steen, Prince Devitt, and KENTA developmental deals.

In fairness, all three of those guys are probably a lot easier to integrate to WWE style than Ricochet.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DEAR RICHARD posted:

CM Punk is gone, guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmd1qMN5Yo0

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Whenever I see this it's just dumbfounding that creative thinks they "have something" for the 75% of the roster that just farts around every week.

I thought it was more getting popped for wellness twice while not being Randy Orton plus nearly getting Kerry Von Eriched.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

I get the sense that the anger has more to do with them simply not wanting people at these camps to be vocal about their thoughts on guys like Ricochet when they come in, which I understand to a certain degree.

Maybe they really do think he hasn't done poo poo yet, but I feel like they just don't want anyone coming into the camps with a big head and having staff and talent talk them up like that is counter to that philosophy.

It's funny to think of a sports team, or hell even a movie, deciding "we don't want to deal with anyone who has a reputation for being awesome before coming to us, god forbid we have to deal with someone with an ego"

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I thought it was more getting popped for wellness twice while not being Randy Orton plus nearly getting Kerry Von Eriched.

I don't mean Bourne specifically, you see the "healthy, creative doesn't have anything" explanation for guys pretty regularly. Then I think of great, charismatic guys loving around endlessly in the midcard like the Rhodes brothers, and I don't really see the difference-- if you're going to have a bunch of guys farting around, why not add one more as long as you're paying him?

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

triplexpac posted:

It's funny to think of a sports team, or hell even a movie, deciding "we don't want to deal with anyone who has a reputation for being awesome before coming to us, god forbid we have to deal with someone with an ego"

When you're essentially a monopoly, you can do anything you want.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

CM Punk is engaged.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

triplexpac posted:

There are directors who want to only cast unknowns in their movies, to avoid typecasting of previous roles. It's not unheard of.

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

You'll never BELIEVE what this Shield man did. Smackdown watchers HATE him!

Thank you for this. I thought I was the only one.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

80 years from now, people will still be saying Punk's coming back any day now

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Daniel Bryan posted:

The Wyatt Family basically stands alone as the only NXT gimmick to get anywhere.

Don't worry, John Cena's on the case.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Sweeney Tom posted:

If he just came out and said he's officially retired they would stop asking tbf

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Sweeney Tom posted:

Do people really expect Punk to come back "any day now"? Bringing him back for a C-level show like Payback would be silly. MAYBE Summerslam, but at this point I'm expecting him to sit out until at least the Rumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

triplexpac posted:

Do people really expect Punk to come back "any day now"? Bringing him back for a C-level show like Payback would be silly. MAYBE Summerslam, but at this point I'm expecting him to sit out until at least the Rumble.

Payback was because Chicago. Not the biggest PPV, but he'd get a massive pop. For me the deadline is the Raw after Mania 31, but I do agree with the idea of Rumble so he can finally get his Mania main event. If he comes back at all that is.

• Locked thread