Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Look at this sperg, denying people the Toxic Gasmask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dreggon posted:

Can you tell me what he's complaining about? He has that particular writing style which makes me skim over certain bits except the entire post is written like that so my eyes skip over the whole paragraph.

He's complaining that super-rare-time-limited-mega-mini-skin that he used to show his e-peen prowess in GW2, has been cheapened by ANET making it available to get again.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

plz anet plz!

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

STOP IT

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
STOP THE GRAPHICS :catdrugs:

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Using "slap in the face" sincerely in a forums post about video game pixels ought to be grounds for immediate account suspension. I've seen people complain about WoW casual gamer access the same way.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I really hope anet looks at posts like those and laughs at them as much as we do. I like to imagine them huddling around someone's cubicle to show each other gamer.txt posts like that.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Using "slap in the face" sincerely in a forums post about video game pixels ought to be grounds for immediate account suspension. I've seen people complain about WoW casual gamer access the same way.

Yep. "Slap in the face" might as well be shorthand for "I am a massive manchild who has invested way too much of myself into video games and has completely forgotten that they're just games." It's a great way to tell instantly that someone is an idiot whose opinions should not be taken seriously.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I can finally ERP as a sentient satellite dish while watching scrubs fall off platforms in the distance. Labyrinthine Cliffs is the best zone and my only complaints are it needs to be open year-long and it needs more wind gusts to blow people off so it can basically be the PvE version of Skyhammer in terms of frustrating fall-to-your-death moments.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Lonk posted:

I can finally ERP as a sentient satellite dish while watching scrubs fall off platforms in the distance. Labyrinthine Cliffs is the best zone and my only complaints are it needs to be open year-long and it needs more wind gusts to blow people off so it can basically be the PvE version of Skyhammer in terms of frustrating fall-to-your-death moments.

Ingenious little satellite dish.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Lonk posted:

Labyrinthine Cliffs is the best zone and my only complaints are it needs to be open year-long and it needs more wind gusts to blow people off so it can basically be the PvE version of Skyhammer in terms of frustrating fall-to-your-death moments.

I approve of your views and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Various Meat Prod. posted:

Yep. "Slap in the face" might as well be shorthand for "I am a massive manchild who has invested way too much of myself into video games and has completely forgotten that they're just games." It's a great way to tell instantly that someone is an idiot whose opinions should not be taken seriously.

In my experience it seems to be almost exclusively MMO players who love that phrase, and I have no idea why. It's not like there aren't manchildren playing other games.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

MMO players won exclusive rights to that phrase through a class action lawsuit.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Adhesive Gamin posted:

It should at least be grounds for an immediate actual slap to the face.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Lonk posted:

Sattellite? To what? Space travel hasn't been invented yet, please stick to cannon or I will see to it that you spend the rest of you're time in exile.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Scarlet invented it :smuggo:

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

ItBurns posted:

Sattellite? To what? Space travel hasn't been invented yet, please stick to cannon or I will see to it that you spend the rest of you're time in exile.
Humanity came from space!

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

chumbler posted:

In my experience it seems to be almost exclusively MMO players who love that phrase, and I have no idea why. It's not like there aren't manchildren playing other games.

Another one is use of the word livid. Good job, you discovered a synonym for angry.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ItBurns posted:

If I'm recalling my lore correctly (and I may not be, but FAR too lazy to verify), didn't the human gods travel to Tyria through space and bring humanity with them? Or maybe it was a dimensional rift or something...

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
Asura as an organism are more closely related to bacteria than they are to humans. Nonetheless, fashion time:

This colour scheme only allowed one back-piece:

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

I can't play GW2 the way I want.

You promised Anet-san.You promised.You promised.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Arus is the new Skyhammer Hero.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Did the best, still managed to lose: Arus in a nutshell.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

CLAM DOWN posted:

They goofed up Score in place of Weight

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

String Beans posted:

They goofed up Score in place of Weight

That couldn't be possible unless the rest of SFD weighed ~150 tons each.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Adhesive Gamin posted:

That couldn't be possible unless the rest of SFD weighed ~150 tons each.

I'm p sure you're comparing the average SFD member weight including arus's. That would throw the average off.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

they're still going

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Here's the videos of the first something something SFD Esport games and my abysmal attempt at commentary:

Match 1: http://www.twitch.tv/lazyprogramming/c/4371210
Match 2: http://www.twitch.tv/lazyprogramming/c/4371356
Match 3: http://www.twitch.tv/lazyprogramming/c/4373097
Deathmatch: http://www.twitch.tv/lazyprogramming/c/4373110

Play of the Day: http://www.twitch.tv/lazyprogramming/c/4373159
Arus's cannon fire causes Jon Lightning to fall through a hole and rally Vas In Mani.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.
OK, so, realpost:

I miss herding goons around in a drunken zergball in wubwub, and the stupid hijinks it causes to ensue. I know yall have gone all effort and poo poo on PvE since my extended absence, but as an interest check, who would be down on the old-fashioned drinking game next Friday?

Please be warned: it's designed for beer, and not liquor, and especially not vodka.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Poopsocking achieved.

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 01100101 01110010
What's the fastest way to do this month's monthlies if you only have 15 scrolls of knowledge?

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
Do 25 key runs. Boring, yes, but it'll contribute a lot.

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

Batham posted:

Do 25 key runs. Boring, yes, but it'll contribute a lot.

What are those?

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

quite the fucker posted:

What are those?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM8cCtpZr3M

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

Which monthly(s) do keys help toward?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

quite the fucker posted:

What's the fastest way to do this month's monthlies if you only have 15 scrolls of knowledge?

Hang out in the Crown Pavilion until you spot somebody ferrying into a gold/silver server in LFG. It'll get you events credit and a shitload of champion bags which often contain scrolls.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

quite the fucker posted:

Which monthly(s) do keys help toward?

Monthly events, Skill Point Amasser and Monthly Completionist. (And crafter via essences of luck)

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Here's the videos of the first something something SFD Esport games and my abysmal attempt at commentary:

Match 1: http://www.twitch.tv/lazyprogramming/c/4371210
Match 2: http://www.twitch.tv/lazyprogramming/c/4371356
Match 3: http://www.twitch.tv/lazyprogramming/c/4373097
Deathmatch: http://www.twitch.tv/lazyprogramming/c/4373110

Play of the Day: http://www.twitch.tv/lazyprogramming/c/4373159
Arus's cannon fire causes Jon Lightning to fall through a hole and rally Vas In Mani.

Good stuff lazy, I hope you do more of these.

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

xthnru posted:

OK, so, realpost:

I miss herding goons around in a drunken zergball in wubwub, and the stupid hijinks it causes to ensue. I know yall have gone all effort and poo poo on PvE since my extended absence, but as an interest check, who would be down on the old-fashioned drinking game next Friday?

Please be warned: it's designed for beer, and not liquor, and especially not vodka.

I'm in wubwub most of the time that I'm online, but I do Scotch and to hell with the consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

xthnru posted:

OK, so, realpost:

You still have my loyalty! I'll drunkenly follow you over any cliff you lead me and yell at other goons until they do the same.
- Your faithful servant, Theyre Not Tricks

• Locked thread