Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

beatlegs posted:

buddhist funeral for a cat in japan. sad but amazing (warning: one wide shot of passed kitty and some pics of bones after cremation)

http://imgur.com/gallery/pBrBO

this is really cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

topographic posted:

Hi internet, let me show you my cat. I wish it were in better circumstances. She's at the emergency vet getting iv fluids for just-diagnosed kidney disease, and will probably be there at least three days.

Her name's Adee (shelter name that stuck, I just pronounce it Addy, whatever), and she's 11 now. I've had her since she was a few months old.

This happened earlier in the week. She was feeling feisty enough to hiss at the bobcat, though it was twice as big as her. Adee does go outside, just on the patio and under supervision, 'cause otherwise cats have a distressing tendency to disappear in this neighborhood.

She's not super thrilled with the hospital. They'll check her bloodwork later today and see if it's improving, and I'm getting regular status updates. This is probably something that's been getting worse over the last year or so, and we only noticed something was wrong when she went off her food a bit then stopped eating entirely last Thursday. Got her into the vet Saturday, and here we are.

If she comes through the next week ok and starts eating again, it should be pretty manageable for a few …months, years? Not sure yet.

pro catte, get better, eat bobcatte

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Too hot for Moo. She doesn't even know what a proper headrest is.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

holocaust bloopers posted:

moo play the video shames

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Update: still too hot

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

DNova posted:

need more pepper boogie gifs

hang in there adee, also wtf with that bobcat
pet the bobcatte

also it's a new month

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
start the reactor

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

duckfarts posted:

pet the bobcatte

also it's a new month

OC in his younger days studying art in college

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Cat loev window

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

duckfarts posted:

pet the bobcatte

also it's a new month

oc what are you doing in chicago

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
woke up and lady esteban III had smashed some beer glasses out of the cabinet (by opening it and then pulling them out) so we left the door to the patio open so she could get out of our faces. we put some bird netting along the walls of the patio and so the cats figure they can't get out, but they totally could, so we've been leaving them out there for a couple hours a day.

I go out and go "where the heck is black esteban?" since being outside is his literal favorite thing. we then do a cursory search of inside and don't find him. then an all hands search, and no black esteban. i do a cursory walk around the block outside, looking under cars and behind bushes and no black esteban. he's very black and it's a sunny day, so he'd be hiding under something (yay).

search widens, including me with a step stool looking over neighbors patio walls from the outside. I surprise a couple neighbors in their patios, looking like a crazy person, carrying a step stool and looking over people's walls saying "oh hi, sometimes my cat escapes and gets into the patios...gotta go"

gf has to make a phone call for a committee she's on, and goes inside and hear's scratching and throws the mattress off the bed to find black esteban chilling in one of the storage drawers on top of all the shoes wondering what is up.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Punish him by taking pics of all the estebans

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

PipeRifle posted:

Punish him by taking pics of all the estebans

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Too many warms, time to get in the shade

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Farecoal posted:

Cat loev window

post this cat more

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

viscous wolves posted:

post this cat more

cat really loev window

topographic
Jan 21, 2012
Thanks for the well wishes :unsmith:
Had an update from the vet, she's doing well so far on the fluids and kept down a few bites of tuna wet food so that's good.

duckfarts posted:

pet the bobcatte

At least one bobcatte has been hanging around on the patio a lot, there's water and birdfeeders and grass to eat so it's a cool catte spot. Doesn't care too much if you get close, either.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pette and adopt the bobcatte

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

topographic posted:

Thanks for the well wishes :unsmith:
Had an update from the vet, she's doing well so far on the fluids and kept down a few bites of tuna wet food so that's good.

At least one bobcatte has been hanging around on the patio a lot, there's water and birdfeeders and grass to eat so it's a cool catte spot. Doesn't care too much if you get close, either.

congrats on you are new cat

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
black esteban is doing fine

lady black esteban (lady esteban III) in her natural state

regular esteban is old and tired:

Loudsteban is just sleeping:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Beast of Bourbon posted:

lady black esteban (lady esteban III) in her natural state

excellent tortieban. i presume she is full of 100% tortietude?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

jesus christ how many estebans do you have

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
not enoughsteban

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
oh god this guy is begging for pain when the cat starts to lose balance and the claws come out:

tried putting carmen on my shoulder and walking around like a pirate when she was a tiny kitten. THAT WAS A MISTAKE! still probably have a scar to prove it.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Torgo was chilling with me in the back garden when he saw the neighbour grey cat and managed to squeeze through a gap in the fence to chase after him.

There's no way for humans to exit the back garden so I had to leave through the front door and run around to the back so I could find them and the other cat. I tempted Torgo out from behind a tree and instead of coming up to me, he ran past and squeezed back through the fence into the back garden. I come back into the apartment and he's on the patio licking his paw like nothing just happened.

I'm going to pick up some chicken wire to fix that gap in the fence, since there's 0% chance of the apt management fixing it.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Torgo was chilling with me in the back garden when he saw the neighbour grey cat and managed to squeeze through a gap in the fence to chase after him.

There's no way for humans to exit the back garden so I had to leave through the front door and run around to the back so I could find them and the other cat. I tempted Torgo out from behind a tree and instead of coming up to me, he ran past and squeezed back through the fence into the back garden. I come back into the apartment and he's on the patio licking his paw like nothing just happened.

I'm going to pick up some chicken wire to fix that gap in the fence, since there's 0% chance of the apt management fixing it.

I got this green fencing from home depot, http://www.homedepot.com/p/Tenax-2-ft-x-25-ft-Green-Plastic-Home-Fence-783060/100384024?N=5yc1vZc3m1Z1z0utj8

I put it under the back patio door since it has a gap in it a small cat can fit through. I just cut a length of it off that was super long and it's tough enough no cat will ever get through it, and also it's firm enough to not get pushed through by cats. Also got a nice staple gun to affix it to fences.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I must have told this story like half a dozen time, but my dad's neighbor was bitching that bamboo would go into their yard and eat birds, so dad went and nailed a plywood board over the hole in the fence. (both yards are only fenced in on two sides so :shrug:)

bamboo watched him do it and as soon as he was done he jumped on top of the fence and sat there for a couple hours.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5_rQpsclD8

catgrass planter is a hit

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

FrozenVent posted:

I must have told this story like half a dozen time, but my dad's neighbor was bitching that bamboo would go into their yard and eat birds, so dad went and nailed a plywood board over the hole in the fence. (both yards are only fenced in on two sides so :shrug:)

bamboo watched him do it and as soon as he was done he jumped on top of the fence and sat there for a couple hours.

cats, man

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

owned

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

hahaaaaaa

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

holocaust bloopers posted:

the most use a ps4 will ever get

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

topographic posted:

maybe, but you will care if you get too close to it :unsmigghh:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

sunday night, poo poo.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
No kidding, Tara, no fuckin' kidding.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SpannerX posted:

sunday night, poo poo.

i laugh every time.