Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I mean I feel bad, but at the same time he was an idiot for standing so close while trying to get a confession from a much larger stronger person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

That was well done.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I don't even what

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
holy poo poo!!

did not see that coming

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

In his defense, he stabbed him pretty good in the chest

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
God DAMNIT.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

God damnit I was gonna post that

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

so wait if they both die how is Tyrion guilty

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Cue the Arya laugh track after that scene please.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Just academically speaking how does it work if both combatants die at the same time? Mistrial?

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
So... If they both die... I guess the regicide charges still stand, huh?

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Oh gently caress this show in it's stupid rear end

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Waffles Inc. posted:

Oberyn seems more dead.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Ugh this show sucks

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Waffles Inc. posted:

the mountain is less dead

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Waffles Inc. posted:

Gregor Clegane didn't die. You don't die from blowing up someone else's head.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waffles Inc. posted:

Oberyn is a bit more dead.

Also because Tywin says so.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Parlett316 posted:

Oh gently caress this show in it's stupid rear end

Yeah it's not enough to kill one of the best characters the series have ever seen they have to make it a gory, gruesome death.

Why can't that happen to the bad guys?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo!

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Darko posted:

That was well done.

It was loving spectacular.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

Technically one died via eye/head explosion before the other died of the stabbings

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

Oberyn died first obviously. at that moment the proceedings are over and the verdict is rendered. So the Mountain dying doesnt matter I guess.

god drat it. I really liked the character of Oberyn.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

RIP in peace

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Smoosh the oberyn

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
1 punch knocks out all of your teeth. Your eyes implode. Then your head explodes. I honestly can't think of a worse way to go, even as far as GoT deaths go.

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff

Regy Rusty posted:

YOU RAPED HER

YOU MURDERED HER

YOU KILLED HER CHILDREN

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Pretty good at getting us to hope that the forces of justice would win. But justice monologues too much.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Fancy Hat! posted:

So... If they both die... I guess the regicide charges still stand, huh?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Just academically speaking how does it work if both combatants die at the same time? Mistrial?

I would guess that the rules are dictated by whoever is running the trial, so Tywin or Cersei.

Yay for due process and the medieval sense of justice.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That was awesome. I couldn't help but just laugh out loud. I had been conditioned enough that I knew coming in that he just had to lose. No way does he or Tyrion get a happy ending. Yet somehow they managed to sucker me, and by the time it was almost over I was safe and happy in the knowledge that he pulled it off and saved Tyrion's bacon. Bravo.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

Maxwell Lord posted:

I would imagine whoever dies last "wins." Otherwise you'd end up with parties claiming, "No wait he could totally die from that gut wound any day now!"

But yeah the medieval legal standard isn't really known for its strict adherence to precedent so whatever Tywin says goes.

Mide
Jun 2, 2009
You know..... I can honestly say I never gave a poo poo about Rob Starks death. Sure it was a brutal and interesting scene to watch but I didn't care for his character at all. Oberyn though, had peaked my interest as one of my favorite characters within a very short period of time. And of course Tyrion has always been one of my favorites as well. Damnit.......

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The reason Tyrion is guilty is that the Mountain is only mostly dead. There's a big difference between only mostly dead and all dead, as is clearly the case with the Red Viper.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oberyn let his hatred of the Mountain overcome his good sense. The Mountain was a monster, a tool. He was never going to give up Tywin no matter what Oberyn did. All he had to do was walk away, the clear victor and plotted other, more subtle revenge for Tywin.

This is basically the thesis of Game of Thrones.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrb2Oc6naDI

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Nigga you hosed up.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

How the gently caress do you even write this? Like at what point do you go "have I killed enough people? Maybe I should throw them a bone? Nah, gently caress it let's keep killing"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Why did he even expect the Mountain to "confess"? It's not like he'd be at all ashamed.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I hate this stupid loving show I'm so upset right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

mannnnn Oberyn was one of the best characters, and now Dinklage sticking around is in question. gently caress GRRM

My reaction to this fight was almost as bad as the red wedding haha

• Locked thread