Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

Hunky Joe posted:

I dunno why but that death reeked of too over the top. His head exploding made me laugh because I for some reason immediately thought of Fist of the North Star...

That scene was straight outta the book, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

:byodood: "You killed her. You raped her. You killed her children!"

:geno: "Yes, I did. Just like this! TATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAAAA!"

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Krampus Grewcock posted:

HBO must be saving all the Wall action to save season 5. Unless they wrap it up in a single episode, which would be the funniest thing ever.

You mean the thing we've literally known since last year?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Dr. Platypus posted:

When I read it, I pictured the mountain getting him in a headlock and punching him to death. I figured it would be mostly off camera with one shot of oberyn's hosed up face. I wasn't expecting a long shot of oberyn's head getting ripped apart. It was awesome, though.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Yeah having Sansa become evil was a great choice. Without Amarillo or whatever his name was, having a Stark vouch for his innocence was the only sensical way for Littlefinger to not get murdered by Corbray.

Arya at the Eyrie was just a funny scene, but she's definitely going to Braavos, what with that foreshadowing banter earlier.

Maybe it's because I have no stomach for it, but the Oberyn scene really impacted me

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

blue footed boobie posted:

When I read it, I pictured the mountain getting him in a headlock and punching him to death. I figured it would be mostly off camera with one shot of oberyn's hosed up face. I wasn't expecting a long shot of oberyn's head getting ripped apart. It was awesome, though.

I pictured it this way too or the Mountain just smashing the back of Oberyn's head against the floor until he was mush. Not an explosive atomic head explosion.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

blue footed boobie posted:

yeah me either - I did picture it in the book, him literally punching his jaw/face shattered to ruin.

Watching the TV version, I loving screamed like a girl, and couldn't watch it. should have been filming for "reaction videos".

visceril posted:

Yeah having Sansa become evil was a great choice. Without Amarillo or whatever his name was, having a Stark vouch for his innocence was the only sensical way for Littlefinger to not get murdered by Corbray.

Arya at the Eyrie was just a funny scene, but she's definitely going to Braavos, what with that foreshadowing banter earlier.

Maybe it's because I have no stomach for it, but the Oberyn scene really impacted me

I think Sansa was always scripted to be "evil" - they just fast-forwarded it a bit and I don't see it as evil - The Game is the The Game, dawg.

I hate that "just barely missed each other poo poo" that they are doing at the Eyrie... GRRM does it with Tyrion/Dany in ADWD and it makes my stomach twist for some reason, like it never seems clever, it just is frustrating as gently caress for me as a viewer/reader.

WTF is up with the Grey Worm plotline.. is it like "hey let's not seem totally racist and give some non-white people some screen time". Is it to engage the ladies with the "what if you loved a man, but he had his junk cut off" discussion? Either way, I'm pretty meh about it.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

rypakal posted:

You mean the thing we've literally known since last year?

Given how quickly they've gone through book 3 material and entered new stuff I guess I figured we'd at least get to the part before Stannis rides in. But they will continue to blue ball the show watchers another year with that, which I guess will soften the blow a bit as every other plot becomes disinteresting unless they start a poo poo ton new material.

Also, what the gently caress is up with Kelly C's facial expressions? Has she been watching documentaries on primate behavior and decided that showing her teeth would be intimidating?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

She looked like a loving blind person when she wouldn't look at Jorah. That was the least intimidating get the gently caress out speech.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

KidDynamite posted:

She looked like a loving blind person when she wouldn't look at Jorah. That was the least intimidating get the gently caress out speech.

That was actually something I liked. She knew she couldn't look at him groveling because she knew she would cave, so she kept her eyes faced forward.

The bad part was that her command for him to leave the city ended up rhyming and completely spoiled the seriousness of the moment.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Dr. Platypus posted:

Not exactly. Mountain was pinned down by the spear in the book and punched his face out.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

DangerZoneDelux posted:

The ending of tonight's episode had more impact than the book scene. Brutal death scene for the Viper. I wish I could have experienced that without knowing it was coming. Reminds me of the surprise from Ned's death before I had read the books

srsly this

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
*cough* I mean seriously, that was the first time I wanted to be kept in the dark because I know I'd just be blown out of my chair!

:asoiaf:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
At least I can experience non-spoiled watching vicariously through my friends and sister.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We'll all get to experience non spoiled material part way through next season too. The show will have finally caught up with the books!

Tiger.Bomb
Jan 22, 2012
I had the camera rolling for my friends/gfs reaction. Pretty good.

Definitely well done. The punch followed by the sound of his teeth on the ground was great to show how strong Gregor is supposed to be.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
GET HYPE

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, gently caress off Tywin. Get hype.
Going to watch the episode in a bit.
Shame D+D are looking to delay the Mannis for as long as possible, but you can't stop it forever, terrible TV people.

e: The fight was kind of underwhelming for me. Seemed very abrupt.
Still...

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jun 2, 2014

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

visceril posted:

We didn't see her enter and they don't know about Sansa. So yeah I am pretty sure the show writers will send Arya to Braavos too.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Cleaganebowl is dumb. I want the Hound to chill in peace as a monk for the rest of his life.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The head squashed like a tomato thing was nasty as hell, but it's definitely a bit beyond my suspension of disbelief. I know it's hard to have that in a series with Dragons, but it's not like they were fighting with magic. It screams of impossibility that you could pop a guys head like that with your hands, even a man like The Mountain. If they had the Mountain punch his face into a mushy pulp with the sounds of his screaming dying out while you hear the thuds before it cuts to the carcass, it'd have probably help curb that.

I suppose something like that might not have been green lighted for television though because it's a more realistic way way that someone could murder someone else.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's not the show's first instance of unrealistic violence, though. Even if you dislike them, scenes like have been part of the show.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

kcroy posted:

yeah me either - I did picture it in the book, him literally punching his jaw/face shattered to ruin.

Watching the TV version, I loving screamed like a girl, and couldn't watch it. should have been filming for "reaction videos".

I think Sansa was always scripted to be "evil" - they just fast-forwarded it a bit and I don't see it as evil - The Game is the The Game, dawg.

I hate that "just barely missed each other poo poo" that they are doing at the Eyrie... GRRM does it with Tyrion/Dany in ADWD and it makes my stomach twist for some reason, like it never seems clever, it just is frustrating as gently caress for me as a viewer/reader.

WTF is up with the Grey Worm plotline.. is it like "hey let's not seem totally racist and give some non-white people some screen time". Is it to engage the ladies with the "what if you loved a man, but he had his junk cut off" discussion? Either way, I'm pretty meh about it.

The evil part is her suddenly painting her red hair black (no colors anymore) and Disney villain outfit. But yeah that love was appreciated.

The "just missed each other" poo poo is so painful to is book readers because we know Tyrion is going to be a poo poo character for another 20 years. Show people only have to wait 1 season.

I actually liked the Missandei/Grey Worm scene. Those were some of my favorite undeveloped Meereen characters. The less time spent on Danaerys making GBS threads and loving the better I say

halwain
May 31, 2011

kcroy posted:

:omarcomin:

I think its great that Sansa is finally doing something.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

To be fair about the dress, it is a mourning dress. Littlefinger was in black too. I'm not expecting her to always dress like an evil sorceress in all her future scenes.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Lycus posted:

To be fair about the dress, it is a mourning dress. Littlefinger was in black too. I'm not expecting her to always dress like an evil sorceress in all her future scenes.

I thought I was watching Maleficent minus the sexy Angelina Jolie cheekbones

Edit: so I thought about this last night but if Varys truly sent Dany and Viserys overseas to foster them get the throne eventually, why would he seen Jorah over to spy on her and try to have her killed? Isn't that kind of defeating your own purpose and shooting your own plans in the foot?

Also with how many plan A, B and Z's characters have it is hard to imagine they have time to do anything but sit there and plot and scheme.

Hunky Joe fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jun 2, 2014

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

My wife's response upon seeing Evil Sansa was "what? did she gently caress him?". It did kind of seem like they might have been going for that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She's an highborn lady, they're angling for her to be heir of Winterfell, it'd be strange if they decided to throw away her maidenhood when it's generally a big issue. Especially if we consider Margaery Tyrell's incoming plot lines.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

good jovi posted:

My wife's response upon seeing Evil Sansa was "what? did she gently caress him?". It did kind of seem like they might have been going for that.

She knows Littlefinger's into her, dressing to kill shows that she's working him over as much as they're working Robin over.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
So, nobody else is going to talk about how unbelievably problematic it was that Tyrion and Jaime were gloating in their neurotypical privilege? I am literally shaking.

But seiously haha "Osborn" Lannister? That's the least Lannister-sounding name

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Someone in this thread proposed Jimmy Lannister and I pretty much just thought of that when they brought him up.

EDIT: Also I heard "Orson" but I didn't rewind to confirm or anything

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 2, 2014

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

The closed-captioning said Orson

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The best part of the fight, which I probably wouldn't have noticed if I didn't have the closed captioning on, was the Mountains first punch after he gets ahold of him where they cut away to show Martells teeth scattering. :laffo:

Tiger.Bomb
Jan 22, 2012

visceril posted:

The evil part is her suddenly painting her red hair black (no colors anymore) and Disney villain outfit. But yeah that love was appreciated.

The "just missed each other" poo poo is so painful to is book readers because we know Tyrion is going to be a poo poo character for another 20 years. Show people only have to wait 1 season.

I actually liked the Missandei/Grey Worm scene. Those were some of my favorite undeveloped Meereen characters. The less time spent on Danaerys making GBS threads and loving the better I say

I liked that scene because that might have been the nicest set of tits on the show so far.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It is known

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

visceril posted:

i wouldnt call her undeveloped :whatup:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Looks like they made up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You can see the tube they pumped the fake blood through next to Oberyn's leg on the shot of his exploded head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

"I chilled with him in the beautiful mediterranean sun. Then we went for a swim. Then I bought him an ice cream cone. Like this." :3: