Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
I wouldn't put it past this show to kill off Tyrion, but I think a more likely scenario is all this nonsense fractures the Lannisters, and we all look back and go "Well, duh, trying to kill each other for two whole seasons isn't a real good look for a dynasty."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

BubbleGoose posted:

Cocky? Sure. But a pompous motherfucker? Against the Mountain? No one has better reason for hating the Mountain and wanting to poo poo down his throat than the Hound and Oberyn. His passion made him over confident. He didn't deserve a death like that, at least in my opinion, he didn't.

this is game of thrones, where character flaws get you killed. or you die for other reasons.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Funhilde posted:

wow. Hoping for a happy ending for Ramsay? That is pretty messed up. :psypop:

He's what the north deserves.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The best you can hope for is that the fan favorites get an appropriately awesome death, and Oberyn got that in loving spades.

That is a pretty good way to look at the show lol. I'll need to spend more time figuring out what glorious death they all can aspire to, rather than who might survive.

PS: I would like to see Maester Aemon ( blind old dude from the wall ) end up being some ice-sorceror who kills Melisindre in an awesome Fire/Ice Magic Duel. And like she tries to send a fleet of womb-shadows to attack him, and he freezes them and one is like half sticking out of her cooch for rest of the magic fight, and she drags it along like a dog with a poop that is stuck to its butt.

you know, or something.

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

There are so many amendments in the constitution of the United States of America--I can only choose one!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Woah a character I loved got killed in GoT? How could I have foreseen this?

The best you can hope for is that the fan favorites get an appropriately awesome death, and Oberyn got that in loving spades.

I got no problem with characters getting killed. But the gruesome death to fave character rate seems a bit unbalanced. Joffrey's death didn't appear half as gross. Seems like the writers hyped up that whole attack at Craster's scene just to show an rear end in a top hat get a sword through his mouth.

I'm not even that angry about it. It's just my feeling that the death was a bit over the top and unnecessarily gross.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Why couldn't it have been Jorah??

Also, mods please rename :psyboom: :oberyn:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Just got done watching it and all I gotta say is:

Grey Worm :dong:

Jorah :smith:

Oberyn :stonk:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yeah his death made me wince. that poo poo was totally gruesome and probably could have been a bit more tasteful.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Kinda disappointed they didn't bring back the Mountain's season 1 armor, it was way more badass.

thecolorpurple
Feb 6, 2013
I knew exactly what was coming but Ellaria and Oberyn screaming :(

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Me in the final minute:

yesyesyesyes :neckbeard:

NOOOOOOOO :magical:

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

i don't read this thread every episode so maybe it's like ~a thing~ but the oogling and posting about characters being naked is pretty bad forreal like on top of all the plot and poo poo why is that the thing people post about i dunno

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

thecolorpurple posted:

I knew exactly what was coming but Ellaria and Oberyn screaming :(

That was some boss-tier bloodcurdling screaming during the eye gouge :stare:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Can the Lord of Light put heads back together?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

Huh? No it isn't. A pregnant woman is not stabbed to death in the book.

That was a personal "gently caress you" to book reading tinfoil theorists.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Oberyn you dumb poo poo.

Really good episode. Arya was hilarious and now Sansa is finally cool. I was spoiled on Oberyn dying but I thought he was about to pull it off for a bit there. Then he just continued yelling and not lancing Gregor through his fat head and I was all like "dumbass didn't learn."

Also I found Robb's wife's death way more brutal than this one.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

yeah his death made me wince. that poo poo was totally gruesome and probably could have been a bit more tasteful.

This isn't a show known for taste.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I dont get how a default guilty verdict is rendered if both combatants died. Shouldnt it be undecided? Or like a do-over?

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
I'm not sure how you could make a character getting his head smashed in by a 10 foot giant any less gruesome. Also I don't see how the gore took away from the scene at all. It was unpleasant to watch, but that strengthens the impact if anything.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Waffles Inc. posted:

i don't read this thread every episode so maybe it's like ~a thing~ but the oogling and posting about characters being naked is pretty bad forreal like on top of all the plot and poo poo why is that the thing people post about i dunno

Ah, what a fine bum and nice breasts. Yes yes, very nice. :wotwot:

Is that better?

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Kevyn posted:

Don't care, saw Missandei's boobs. :smug:

This is the correct answer.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

No More Heroes posted:

I dont get how a default guilty verdict is rendered if both combatants died. Shouldnt it be undecided? Or like a do-over?

Oberyn died first.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

No More Heroes posted:

Oberyn died first. Mountain is bleeding out (and probably poisoned) but he might still be alive anyhow.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Ah, what a fine bum and nice breasts. Yes yes, very nice. :wotwot:

Is that better?

yeah lots nice one m8

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

No More Heroes posted:

I'm guessing the way they're looking at it is "Clegane killed Oberyn and then died after the fight." I mean, if one guy gets cut and dies of an infection a few days later they wouldn't declare it a draw.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
I started laughing with Arya, that scene was loving hilarious. The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous from her POV.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

No More Heroes posted:

Pretty sure The Mountain lived. In any case, Oberyn is clearly deader.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

could have been a bit more tasteful.

It's a fictional character

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Roman Reigns posted:

Oberyn died first.

Well thats stupid. If they kill Tyrion the only good character left on this dumb show is Jon Snow.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Megasabin posted:

I'm not sure how you could make a character getting his head smashed in by a 10 foot giant any less gruesome. Also I don't see how the gore took away from the scene at all. It was unpleasant to watch, but that strengthens the impact if anything.

Yeah, the unpleasantness of it is kind of the point. Oberyn is all pride and vanity, charming and handsome. The Mountain is ugly, and he defaces beautiful things.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

No More Heroes posted:

Well thats stupid. If they kill Tyrion the only good character left on this dumb show is Jon Snow.

Davos is my breaking point. Just let Davos live and attend Little Girl Reading School and everything is cool.

along the way
Jan 18, 2009

IncendiaC posted:

I started laughing with Arya, that scene was loving hilarious. The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous from her POV.

Best moment in the episode. The look on The Hound's face was loving priceless.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

No More Heroes posted:

Well thats stupid.

It's a pretty stupid fantasy society/culture.

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS

Fryhtaning posted:

Can someone tell me if the ending was accurate to the book? Because that was some Michael Myers poo poo that I just watched. Only in a Halloween/Scream/IKWYDLS movie would someone with a) a spear through his throat be able to speak, and b) literally one heartbeat from his own death be able to explode someone else's skull.

Came here with this sentiment. I'm fine with Oberyn losing or whatever, but this was an extremely dumb scene. "lol he wasn't actually wounded, GOT YA!" despite being speared at least 1 foot through the chest. ROH-KAY :downs: It's like the red wedding where 500 soldiers kept a perfect secret etc. and it was this preposterously elaborate plot. Kill Jon? OK fine. Masterstroke of writing, nobody saw it coming because you wanted to have him avenge Ned and all your hope is crushed. But the way it was presented in the TV show? loving lol are you serious? It's like they bring in a retarded guest director for some important episodes.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

blue squares posted:

It's a fictional character

No, you see - I care about their personal lives. When they die - a small part of me dies.

I have to take my posters down now and i'll post a YouTube memoriam later.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Jesus Christ I come into this show expecting the worst, and George RR Martin continues to prove that he is basically the biggest rear end in a top hat on Earth.

Holy gently caress.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I wiki'd the aftermath of this fight because I couldn't help myself. :smug:

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

glug posted:

Jesus Christ I come into this show expecting the worst, and George RR Martin continues to prove that he is basically the biggest rear end in a top hat on Earth.

Holy gently caress.

He must have some serious mental illness, i don't even know how any sane person can dream up some of the stuff he does.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

BubbleGoose posted:

Cocky? Sure. But a pompous motherfucker? Against the Mountain? No one has better reason for hating the Mountain and wanting to poo poo down his throat than the Hound and Oberyn. His passion made him over confident. He didn't deserve a death like that, at least in my opinion, he didn't.

'Deserves' got nothing to do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Really happy about Sansa this episode, I think she's finally getting it. When everyone in the loving continent is digging a grave just for you, it's about time she finally figures out how to step around them.

Also Arya losing her poo poo at her aunt's death was amazing.

• Locked thread