Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Motto posted:

I played the demo, it's some dumb datesim element where you talk to a girl, hold hands, and you magically get a dumb mascot character to add to your party. Several of them can combine to become a robot, but that doesn't stop the game from being a boring dungeon crawler on top of its concept.

The first part of this sounds awesome actually.

Though i'd get the vita version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Apologies if this has been asked before/is a bad question, but I am about to get an XL so I have been browsing the eshop for my first purchase and am getting slightly confused.

Zero Escape shows up as a download title in the search filter but it seems it cannot be bought. Is this a Region Thing? I'm in Europe.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Mindblast posted:

Apologies if this has been asked before/is a bad question, but I am about to get an XL so I have been browsing the eshop for my first purchase and am getting slightly confused.

Zero Escape shows up as a download title in the search filter but it seems it cannot be bought. Is this a Region Thing? I'm in Europe.

Some games can't be bought but have downloadable videos or demos, so they show up in a search even though the game itself is not on the eShop. Maybe that's what has happened.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Mindblast posted:

Huh? Are we talking about Virtue's Last Reward? It's on eShop and there's a big "Proceed to Purchase" button on the bottom screen, at least here in Finland. I do hear that some regions don't have certain titles - for example, Germany has a slew of local shovelware that wouldn't make sense elsewhere - so maybe that's it.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Rexroom posted:

Huh? Are we talking about Virtue's Last Reward? It's on eShop and there's a big "Proceed to Purchase" button on the bottom screen, at least here in Finland. I do hear that some regions don't have certain titles - for example, Germany has a slew of local shovelware that wouldn't make sense elsewhere - so maybe that's it.

Oh, I didn't know Zero Escape was Virtue's Last Reward. In that case it should be available for purchase, since I remember it being on sale a while ago. Maybe the issue here is the regional thing you mentioned. I know this game is available in Spain, at least.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Ah is that so? I'm in the Netherlands. Maybe it'll pop up if I browse through the console, logged in and all. Thanks for the info guys.

Sir Gladu
Nov 26, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The first part of this sounds awesome actually.

Though i'd get the vita version.

There's a demo, and you should try it before you pay because weird animeness aside, it looks like a mediocre RPG :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_yojJEGtiQI#t=1812

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Mindblast posted:

Ah is that so? I'm in the Netherlands. Maybe it'll pop up if I browse through the console, logged in and all. Thanks for the info guys.

You can definitely buy it here. If it doesn't end up working out for you there's a poo poo ton of stores with second hand copies, I bought mine in a game mania.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Davincie posted:

You can definitely buy it here. If it doesn't end up working out for you there's a poo poo ton of stores with second hand copies, I bought mine in a game mania.

Yeah I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with the browser on my pc because it was found/bought through the eshop om the 3ds with no problems whatsoever.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sir Gladu posted:

There's a demo, and you should try it before you pay because weird animeness aside, it looks like a mediocre RPG :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_yojJEGtiQI#t=1812

It's one of two games to come out this year trying to cash in on Persona (the other one being Mind=Zero on Vita.) The 3DS version runs slower and even the character portraits look pixelated on the XL. This one has the advantage of Atlus USA slapping the Atlus logo on it, making it appear to be a quality product.

Conception II just took an anime dating sim and put it on top of a generic rpg dungeon system. The dungeon floors themselves are closer to Tartarus in Persona 3. They all have a very similar design and the music rarely changes. The only time I saw any differentiation in dungeons was the Sloth dungeon, where they just left walls out so it looked incomplete to fit with the "7 deadly sins" theme. While the battle system seems interesting, the directional gimmick gets pretty boring and once I unlocked an attack all enemies ability, I used it exclusively.

On the dating sim side of things, you date anime girls fitting into all the tropes and halfway through they then have a major plot twist you help them get over. The game tries to mimic Persona by limiting you to 3 events between dungeons, but a rest option exists in the character's dorm room that resets the counter. You do reach points the story will not progress unless you Classmate (make star babies) or complete a dungeon, but you can tell because the game starts repeating the same event over and over.

Classmating is what kills the game though. The process itself is pretty harmless (just holding hands) but they show a naked glowing anime girl writhing which pretty much makes it an instant drop for most people. You later unlock a thing called ClassMANting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUbWrfbbWvA:nws: if you're curious.

But even if you are interested in it, just wait for an Atlus sale. They put their games and DLC on sale regularly.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Is there any "official" statement regarding downtime on the Club Nintendo site? I have 3 surveys that expire tomorrow, and I'm wondering if I should keep trying to get them through or just wait til a particular time later today.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Dehry posted:

Classmating is what kills the game though. The process itself is pretty harmless (just holding hands) but they show a naked glowing anime girl writhing which pretty much makes it an instant drop for most people. You later unlock a thing called ClassMANting.

drat, the dialogue couldn't be more filled of innuendo if they tried.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Two bits of NA-related news:

-Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS) will be on sale for $19.99 from June 1-15

-Nicalis has confirmed that 1001 Spikes will be out for Wii U and 3DS on June 3, same day as all the other platforms. The standard price is $14.99, if you own any of Nicalis' previous 3DS eShop releases (VVVVVV, Nightsky, Cave Story+, Ikachan, Grinsia) you'll be able to get the 3DS version for $10. (He's also confirmed that the launch version is gonna be buggy. Surprise surprise!)

They should give me 1001 Spikes for free after tricking me into paying money for Ikachan.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The game you get from registering Mario Kart 8 gets counted as a purchase for the digital deluxe promo. :allears: Got ten nintendobux ready for Crashmo

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Dehry posted:

But even if you are interested in it, just wait for an Atlus sale. They put their games and DLC on sale regularly.

I was expecting worse. That seems pretty tame.

Jawidar
Feb 17, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The game you get from registering Mario Kart 8 gets counted as a purchase for the digital deluxe promo. :allears: Got ten nintendobux ready for Crashmo
Yeah, it's a pretty cool deal, really. In my case, buying a download code from Game got me MK8 for £10 cheaper than the eShop price, a free copy of NSMBU (I already own all the good ones from the list) and £10 in eShop credit from the two downloads.

Akaadji
Nov 7, 2008
I'm so upset that NA gets only four games to choose from. I have all of them already so it's basically worthless to me. Most of the games EU gets I'd love to have a choice of instead.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well, apparently the codes are going for about $30 on eBay, and some of the games in the European deal(Wonderful 101, Game and Wario for instance) are now $30 on the eShop, so you could roundabouts convert a Wind Waker code to a Wonderful 101 one or something.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Akaadji posted:

I'm so upset that NA gets only four games to choose from. I have all of them already so it's basically worthless to me. Most of the games EU gets I'd love to have a choice of instead.

I sold Pikmin 3 on eBay last week for $36 and bought MK8 for 48 so it was pretty cool.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Not sure if it was mentioned or not but Minish Cap's got a page on the NA eShop.

Its got a "TBD" date next to it, so I'm sure we can look forward to it sometime next year going off the example of the last TBD game we had. :rolleyes:

Seriously, is it that hard to do what they did with Pushmo World or NES Remix 2 and just put a loving date up for this Thursday?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I predicted an E3 day release and I'm holding to it. If I'm wrong it will only be by a few days anyway!!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Perhaps they're holding it back for later, as a preorder/buy digital bonus with Zelda U. They've done it before.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

less laughter posted:

Perhaps they're holding it back for later, as a preorder/buy digital bonus with Zelda U. They've done it before.

If they do something like that, they tend to actually release the game beforehand and then give it as a bonus later on. That's what they did with Oracle of Seasons and Mario Golf on the 3DS for NA and with Kirby's Dreamland 2 (And probably some other games) for Europe.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I was expecting worse. That seems pretty tame.

ClassMANting is possibly the best joke on online co-op play ever conceived, even if the people behind the game never intentionally saw it as that (there's always shameless yaoi loop hole pandering). Its two dudes so interested in getting the most min/max stat option that they use machines to breed with other min/maxers studs to create their master race of atomic star babies which will conquer/save the world! It's just too bad you have to play the game until you get to that point.:negative:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of June 5):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    How To Survive - €13.99 / £12.59
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Wario Land 4 (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Super Mario Kart digital promotion - buy Super Mario Kart on the VC, get a €7.99 / £5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8! Ends June 30.
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Pullblox World promotion (Wii U) - own Pullblox or Fallblox for 3DS, get 30% off Pullblox World for Wii U! Starts June 19, ends July 31.
    Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition (Wii U) - €14.99 / £12.49 until June 5
    Batman Arkham Origins (Wii U) - €14.99 / £12.49 until June 5
    Injustice: Gods Among Us (Wii U) - €14.99 / £12.49 until June 5
    LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii U) - €12.49 / £9.99 until June 5
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U eShop) - €8.99 / £7.19 until June 8
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - €29.99 / £23.99 until June 8
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (Wii U) - €14.49 / £12.19 from June 5-29
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U) - €9.99 / £14.99 from June 5-29

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Tomodachi Life - €39.99 / £34.99 (June 6)
    Farming Simulator '14 - €39.99 / £34.99
3DS eSHOP
    Color Zen - €2.99 / £2.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Dodge Ball (NES) - €3.99 / £3.59
DSIWARE
    Jewel Match - 500 Points / €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Kirby Triple Deluxe on the eShop, get Kirby's Dreamland 2 (GB) for free! (promo runs until June 16)
    Pullblox (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 12
    Fallblox (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 12
    Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 until June 5
    Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - €17.99 / £14.99 until June 8
    Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS) - €5.99 / £5.39 until June 8
    Super Street Fighter 4 3D (3DS) - €11.99 / £10.79 until June 8
    Hometown Story (3DS) - €19.99 / £19.99 from June 5-12
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until June 19
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.29 from June 5-29
    One Piece: Romance Dawn (3DS) - €14.99 / £12.19 from June 5-29
    PROJECT X ZONE (3DS) - €17.49 / £13.39 from June 5-29
    Regular Show: Mordecai 7 Rigbi in 8-Bit Land (3DS) - €14.49 / £12.19 from June 5-29

(there's a bunch more licensed/kids' junk going on sale, too - Dreamworks movie games, Power Rangers, Ben 10, Pacman, etc.)

Wario Land 4: best Wario Land game ever?

Tekken Tag 2 is a great port of a great fighting game, and it includes some Wii U-exclusive modes and features. File size is 17+ gigs, so be warned.

The Adventure Time game that's on sale is the terrible Gauntlet clone, not the competent Zelda 2 clone; I don't think Regular Show or One Piece are supposed to be very good, either.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

RMZXAnarchy posted:

If they do something like that, they tend to actually release the game beforehand and then give it as a bonus later on.

Not always, e.g. Mario Golf GBC in PAL regions.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Is that Tekken price correct? €9.99 / £14.99?

I hadn't even realized they released the new Adventure Time game here when they hadn't the previous one.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Saoshyant posted:

Is that Tekken price correct? €9.99 / £14.99?

No, it's the other way around (£9.99 / €14.99).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone played that 3DS One Piece game and care to give some impressions? That sale price looks good if it's actually worth playing at all.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
So that Mario Kart 8 promotion, here are my choices:

Pikmin 3
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Wii Party U
The Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

My first guess would be to jump on MH3U, as I've never played one. What does it play like? Are any of the others worth taking over it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Anyone played that 3DS One Piece game and care to give some impressions? That sale price looks good if it's actually worth playing at all.

A friend of mine who is a big fan of the series played it said it was godawful. Boring lovely combat and none of the personality and spirit of the show. It's sitting at 41 on metacritic which seems to back that up.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

My first guess would be to jump on MH3U, as I've never played one. What does it play like? Are any of the others worth taking over it?

Dude, you don't have Wonderful 101, get that immediately.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Dude, you don't have Wonderful 101, get that immediately.

The game had a ton of hype and then when it released there was nothing. Radio silence. I guess I assumed it wasn't very good? v:shobon:v I'll look into it!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

The game had a ton of hype and then when it released there was nothing. Radio silence. I guess I assumed it wasn't very good? v:shobon:v I'll look into it!

Clearly you missed the eight million posts by people here jizzing all over it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I'm not sure how you missed people constantly talking about how good it is. (It's real good.)

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

It's an absolutely astonishing, unique, fun, challenging and all-around great game.

It can be a bit tough to get into it, but it's loving worth it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's pure joy, character action and saturday mornings mixed into one game. With Punch-Out!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Please don't buy Project X Zone.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I saw that title and didn't know what the gently caress. Good to hear it should be skipped.

Akso I now have Virtue's Last Reward and Phoenix Wright 5. Any recommendations besides this? I'm down for most things so long as it ain't racing/sports, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Supposedly they fixed Hometown Story for the EU release. It appears they're doubling down on the series and put out an iOS version called Hometown Story:Pocket

http://ceecee-natsume.tumblr.com/post/87598077752/state-of-the-farm-june-e3-edition

Also something about 3 new Nintendo games, but who cares about that?