Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Dayton nods approvingly and marks a spot about a half-kilometer south of the water facility, a small manhole in the middle of the desert. "This here is an emergency access to the water main. It's probably the best way in if you're going to hit the main, but you could walk north up and and attempt to cut into it if you'd prefer. There isn't any water there any more, but watch out for desert life: a cool, dark pipe is exactly the kind of thing they go in for. Anything else? If not, the Venture is standing by."

Again, any last minute gear requests / questions / knowledge checks / phone calls to make before this kicks off?

That Etiquette check wasn't even a thing after DP modifiers.

The Saeder-Krupp SSG soldiers stare daggers at you, and one of the mooks with him put a hand on his H&K, lifting it to hold in both his hands. Magnus finally speaks, through gritted teeth. His accent was notably better than Franz', but his attitude was also notable worse. He looks your offered hand over, and then meets your eyes with his, never moving to shake. "Hello, Mr. Vite. It vas nice to meet you, but it vould be best if you left now," he said, then he rose his voice and called out across the bar. "We are eeting, and zere are better uses of time zen dealing vith Ares' rabid dogs."

The rest of the patrons of the bar are mostly low-life scum, European gun-runners getting drunk while scarfing down nutri-soy barfood. When your little scene took place, though, a few of the more intelligent ones quietly left a few nuyen on the table and started to head for the door.

Those little red pills you were fed need to be resisted or you will fall asleep after the comedown. Roll Body + Willpower to be awake for Tony's comm requesting help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

¥: 33,380 TV Rating: 12.5 Cards in the Deck: 51/52
Edge: 1/4

Mr. White grins as the Saeder Krupp guys get tough with him. He walks around him as if he's headed to the bar, noting the guy who has his H&K in the hand. "You know its funny that you want to talk about rabid dogs. He has his submachinegun in his hand, you are being quite the oval office. I mean have you no manners? But my my that spit of lamb does look tasty. I wonder if they do decent kofta and falafel here what do you think Mr. Greeneyes? Is the food at this establishment to your liking thus far?" White keeps on circling the group and puts his hand on the shoulder of the guy with the submachinegun in hand as if he was his best bud. ALso coincidentally having his hands well in reach to break the man's neck as well. "I don't know who you are but you seemed quite intent on looking me up, usually when a guy looks at me like that its because he wants to do me or he wants to do me. And while I'm more than happy to enjoy all metahumanity has to offer in regards to carnal knowledge, no matter how manly they look they remain 100% female."

"So which is it mister. You like elves or you got a problem with my knife ears. Whatever it is please, be forward with your grievance because I don't recall ever doing anything to offend you. Unless you are foolish enough to actually get caught up in intercorporate bullshit. In which case we should call your boss since they should have left you and your pups in the kennel. I'm sure being outrageously offensive was not your intent so let me make amends and make a few things clear." With that Mr. Clean goes to the bar and pulls out his gold credstick, looking slick wearing his Ares Victory suit, throwing back his wavy blonde hair and taking a look over his shoulder at some girl who just so happened to let him keep machinegun man in his peripheal and makes his order. "Bartender these boys back there are dry, give em a round on me. Matter of fact buy a round for the whole house on me." he says out loud as well before taking a seat at the stool."What was that thing the romans, the gladiators used to say to the emperor before they fought. We who are about to die salute you? Salute friends." He says raising a mug of that good stuff towards them with a smile worth a million nuyen, giving them a wink that dares them to do something to him in public. Please go ahead and shoot me in a bar full of gunrunners when I just bought them all a round. See how that works out for you. Is the message he set out to send. "Salute gents, ladies. The lord spoke to me when I came out to Tamansarrat, he told me its time to get hosed up!" Tony White says with a laugh as he chugs his beer. And more likely than not he still has his throat intact after drinking it too.

Pwned
edit: still pwned see below

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 29, 2014

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014
Franz Talhoffer
Assets: 24500¥
Rating: 15

IN THE FUTURE
Franz chugging a poo poo ton of redbull - PUSH DAS LIMIIIIIIT!: 14d6h5 6

Franz runs to the bar where White is at, throwing another can of red bull down his throat as he runs. "Fick fick fick fick."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

The second half of that exchange didn't take place.

The second you place the hand on the man's shoulder, he tries to cold-cock you with his elbow. Simultaneously, the other two men go for their guns. The four of clubs lets out a burst of fire at your shoulder, while Magnus produces a dangerous-looking compact shotgun from his coat and sends the round at your chest.

Unarmed Attack: Elbow: 17d6t5 6, damage is 10S. Potential Damage: 16S.

Quick-Draw: 17d6t5 6
Attack (Burst Fire): 18d6t5 2, damage is 7P, -4 AP. Potential Damage: 9P, -4 AP.

Quick-Draw: 18d6t5 7
SA Attack: 20d6t5 6, damage is 8P, -1 AP. Potential Damage: 14P, -1 AP.

Roll initiative.

You start running down the streets, but Mr. White is at least 200 meters away, maybe a proper city blocks, when you hit the ground running out of your hotel lobby. Roll Sprinting.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 11:17 on May 29, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

"Hey, remember I can make the hostages disappear along with a distract if you need me to. Tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it. Within reason and what I know," Bell adds in dryly, waggling her fingers towards the group.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius
Nuyen: 18530 Karma: 5 TV Rating: 11 Armor: 9 Condition: 0/11P 1/11S Edge: 1/3

Darius shuddered when he remembered that debacle. Two officers down four hostages dead in less than five seconds. Going in hard isn't always the solution. He gritted his teeth remembering last night's adventure and decided he better speak up.
"Look Franz, I uh, understand wanting to make a grand entrance for confusion. But, and no offense or anything, if we bust in guns blazing we're liable to lose the hostages. Until we know exactly where they're being held and by how many guys its better that we're invisible. And we definitely don't want chaos where us or them are popping the hosties accidentally."

Trying to sound authoritative Darius tried to make use of what little training he had for these situations: "And uh, I get using gas instead of high explosives but aren't they gonna have the same chem seals we do? Unless someone knows a way to get through that I'm, uh, not sure I see the point. Flashbangs and flash packs might be more effective, and would be useful even if we can get around the seals. Any chance we could get some?"

OOC: Seems like the only way to get them with the gas grenades in this case would be to have a surprise round and out initiative them. Though if we could disable the wireless functionality of the chem seal with a jammer then at the very least they would have to waste a complex action turning it on. I may have missed something there though.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Initiative (BLITZ): 10+5d6 32
Seeing the man tense up in front of him, he stabs him in the jugular. Specifically he punches him in the side of his neck whilst his cyberspurs deploy at the same time. After goring the man he jumps to the side, dodging a burst of SMG fire before flipping back up to his feet. He's too slow to avoid the shotgun blast but with the combination of his suits built in armor, orthoskin, and maximum bone density he barely feels the blast. "human being! I eat your bullets! Whats next!" Mr. White shouts in defiance whilst broadcasting a signal on his comm, Code Red Ares operative under duress or some poo poo to Franz and hopefully any Ares dudes who are barcrawling as well. But he isn't too worried. He checks over his shoulder as he runs around the table to get behind the submachinegunner who he also tries to take out of the fight quickly as well before stray shots shoot up the bar, hit civilians, or hell him. See next post for what really happened!

Spend 1 edge to BLITZ, I will burn edge if I die. Either way, I'm not dying hahaahahaha.

Also Franz was at the chatsubo, do you remember that whole skype call thing when we ended at the chat, Vis told me he never left. I dunno if it puts him closer or farther but still just saying.

Unarmed Combat (Cyberspurs) Superior Position +2: 18d6t5 5
Edge Second Chance HOUSERULED RULE OF SIX THANKS QUANTUMNINJA: 13d6h5 7
Potential 20P DV at AP-2 if limits are in otherwise 25P DV
Dodge (Burst Fire Attack): 10d6t5 5
Truncate two dice due to defense penalty from simple action burst fire attacks bringing us down to 4 hits. I never get touched.
Dodge (Shotgun Attack): 9d6t5 4
Potential damage reduced to 10P at AP-1

Soak (Modified AP -1): 20d6t5 7
No physical damage done, armor stops the shot reducing its value to 3P. Effective armor value is 12.
3 Stun received -1 for all future actions.

Unarmed Combat (Cyberspurs) Superior Position +2/Wound Modifier -1: 17d6t5 4
Potential Damage 17P at -2AP to Submachinegunner.

pre:
Initiative: 10+5d6 Armor: 13 (Ares Victory Rapid Transit Diamon/Orthoskin Rating 4)
Note: Blitzing for this combat turn only. Reroll init for next turn or truncate to value 16.

Unarmed Combat/Cyber Implant Combat:
Limit: 7
Damage: 10P/13P (-2 AP) with Spurs
Reach: N/A
Dice Pool: 14/16 with Spurs

Physical Damage: 12	Stun Damage: 3/10     Overflow: 4[8]

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 31, 2014

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014
Franz Talhoffer

Edge: 5/7

IN THE FUTURE
Sprinting test - Edged: 15d6h5 6

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

"Yeah, they'll likely be rocking the same chem seals, " Dayton comments. "There are a couple of flash paks over there. I think two for your squad. I can try to get some flashbangs together real quick, if you need me to ask around for them. A lot of them may have flare compensation on their goggles, but probably not all of them. You also have to be wary of what you're going to do to the hostages: you throw a concussion grenade into the room with them, you'll be carrying them out."

@Arkangelus: They'll be wireless, so it's possible to hack the seals in advance.

What the final plan? It seems like the water main is the overarching approach you're in favor of. Are we good to go, or do you need more time planning?

Most of the last few bar denizens take the scene as a signal to find elsewhere to eat, and even the bartender looks ready to dive for cover as your hand lands on the SK goon's shoulder. In a flash, the men move for their guns, but you move faster. Your cyberspur blurs out of your hand and toward the Three of Club's neck, cutting away at his military fatigues to reveal form-fitting body armor. You leave a deep slice down his throat, but he's somehow still up. He throws his elbow at your face, connecting with your jaw.

Your rolls for dodge and soak.
Dodging the elbow: 11d6t5 4
Soaking the elbow: 21d6t5 6, total of 6S damage.

Then the Four of Clubs makes his move, hoisting his SMG for a short burst, but you easily twist out of the way and start heading toward him. The Seven, Mangus, levels his sawn-off and puts a round into your chest, barely slowing you down. Within the blink of an eye, the rest of the bar patrons start fleeing. Gunfire wasn't exactly illegal in the city limits with all of the arms sales, but in a crowded place like this there was a fifty percent chance that the bar had security forces en route.

That's 3S more, total of 9S. You're still moving, but not perfectly. If you'd like to edge the dodge or soak roll above, feel free. You had posted that you were going to make an attack on your second phase, but I'll give you a chance to reconsider (or anything else) before moving past your second turn. Even with the extra wound modifiers, though, your unarmed attack is still 4 hits after truncating.

Initiative
32 Mr. White
28 Three of Clubs
26 Four of Clubs
26 Magnus
22 Mr. White

You're sprinting down the block from the Chat when you see people fleeing the bar, and you're about fifty meters away you hear the first peel of SMG fire.

Here's the map. Franz should roll initiative.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

CURRENT INITIATIVE STEP: 12
Surprised, if only for a second, that his target is not down, White dodges out of the way gracefully, spinning around. As he sees the submachine gunner aiming his gun at him he jumps to the side, watching the bullets tear up some booth off to his right. The shooter clearly overcompensated for his movement. Can't stop now, shotgunner bearing down on him! White rolls on his back, flips over jumping back up to his feed, and avoids that blast too. He runs around to take cover near the bar and continues his clinic on how to evade gunfire. "Come on guys, you aren't even trying!" He says as he's managed to get behind the 3 of clubs again to finish the job on him.
Full Defense Acrobatic Defender (Elbow): 13d6t5 3
Additional Dice from going full defense against the elbow

Full Defense Acrobatic Defender (Burst Fire): 11d6t5 3
Additional Dice from going full defense now applied to the burst fire attack I already dodged

Full Defense Acrobatic Defender (Shotgun): 14d6t5 4
Additional Dice from going full defense now applied to the shotgun attack I didn't dodge before but which I dodge now.

Initiative down to 12 so these guys get another go at me before I attack but I'm not at a wound penalty. Here are 3 other dodges for when they go before me since I went full defense.

Full Defense Acrobatic Defender Prerolled for Attack #4: 21d6t5 8
Truncate as needed, Physical Limit is 7.

Full Defense Acrobatic Defender Prerolled for Attack #5: 20d6t5 4
(I will edge this one if need be if its a lethal hit, if its stun damage I'll just take it most likely. Ignore the following second chance edge roll if I get hit at this stage.

Full Defense Acrobatic Defender Prerolled for Attack #5: 20d6t5 6
Meant to put 19d6t5 but the last number off is a miss so even truncating its still 6 hits.

Unarmed Combat (Cyberspurs) Superior Position +2 SECOND CHANCE: 14d6h5 5
Limit is 7 with 2 excess hits to burn. Potential 20DV at AP-2 on the guy I stabbed before since he's still not a goner.

pre:
Initiative: 10+5d6 Armor: 13 (Ares Victory Rapid Transit Diamond/Orthoskin Rating 4)
Note: Blitzing for this combat turn only. Reroll init for next turn or truncate to value 16.
Full Defense: -10 to total intiative, bonus lasts for entire combat turn

Physical Damage: 12	Stun Damage: 0/10     Overflow: 4[8]

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 31, 2014

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

TV Ratings: 9.5

THE FUTURE

Nina heads towards the location in question, not expecting much from White. The guy's not Ares, but still, as long as it isn't against the company, how much trouble could he get her into?

Since, from what I can gather, this wasn't the meeting spot, I'm not sure Nina could help. Even if this was the meeting spot, I'm not sure Nina's mediocre pistol skills will help much here. Still, she's probably willing to give it a shot.

[b]THE DESERT[/b}

"Yeah, that plan works. As long as I'm not stuck carrying them out. I need two hands for my baby here." Nina motions towards her deck, looking at some of the others. "I mean, it's probably better than going in there guns blazing and hoping for the best, but ideally, we shouldn't knock out the hostages unless we have to."

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 9480 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 12 Edge 5/5 Karma: 0

Inspecting each grenade as he loads them into the magazines, Matches listens to Dayton talk about the limited usefulness of the non-lethal grenades.

"loving right these fuckin things aint going to do poo poo against anyone in proper armor, but you just gotta think outside the box once and a fuckin while."

He tosses one of the grenades back and forth between his hands.

"These things weigh about a hundred an' fifty grams and leave the tube at about two hundred an' fifty meters per second. That's enough fuckin kinetic energy to really ring a motherfucker's bell even with a helmet, assuming you can hit the gently caress in his head."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

It would appear we've lost Schizotek, so I guess I'm gonna NPC Birch.

Dayton laughs about using the grenades at slugs, and suggests Matches find out how effective they are. After that, he motions to an awaiting Ares SandMasterTM, a tread-modified RoadMaster. "Take the transport. It will drop you off at the water main entrance I indicated, and it's got the miniwelder onboard if you want to go that route. It's maybe a fifteen minute drive. I'll be on comms the whole time, monitoring your individual statuses during the mission. Stay sharp out there."

After outfitting in suits Birch jacks into the huge truck as you all pile in, moving across the desert in the mid-afternoon heat. The drive is as easy as promised, and in exactly twelve minutes you've coasted over the last dune and arrived at the water main's entrance valve. It's got a large electronic lock on it, keypad and all, attached to an electronic valve system. You can see the water treatment center to the far distance, to the north, potentially a direct shot. To the sotuh is a another large vehicle, perhaps abandoned, maybe two kilometers away. The sun is baking down, blaringly hot, but the cooling systems in the Ares-provided armor do their job in the 38C desert air. You can see A1 and A2's Ventures in the air, chopping the air above you and stirring up some sand as they try to stay low, avoiding detection as long as possible. They'd be in position in maybe ten minutes, and you had that much time to get into place yourselves.

Birch pulls out a handful of Fly-Spys and says, "Nina, if you can pop that lock, I'll get some eyes in the place ahead of us."

After the damage you dealt to the Three of Clubs and the way you twist out of their fire path, the men start to retreat. The men move around you toward the back of the restaurant, firing with their guns as you move. The Three's SMG goes wide, the bullets grazing your arm and destroying one of the tables on the patio, and Magnus' shotgun slug glances against your Rapid Transit, the pellets bouncing off with a grazing shot. The Four is luckier, though, landing a number of bullets into your chest, where the Rapid Transit absorbs a large chunk of it.

Attacking: 15d6t5 5 18d6t5 6 19d6t5 6
The SMG shots were both complex bursts. The one that hit has Potential DV 9P / -4 AP.

The attack roll from your old post stands, but the map as changed so who are you attacking?

Initiative
12 Mr. White
8 Three of Clubs
6 Four of Clubs
6 Magnus

Here's the map. Franz should roll initiative.

That isn't the spot, but it's close by. You probably hear the gunfire as you get near.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Edge: 0/4
CURRENT INITIATIVE STEP: 12
Wound Modifiers: -1
Tony gets clipped with a burst but doesn't slow down at all. He keeps running, hopping over the bar and gutting the 3 of clubs immediately, grabbing a hold of his hand and bringing him close as he uppercuts his stomach with his cyberspurs. "Is this everything you dreamed it would be Herr Fritz?" Tony says as he speaks both to the dying man impaled on his spurs and to the rest of his team. He's not even sure if thats his name, he'd have to recheck the card bio but it doesn't matter. Fritz for germans is like boris for russians, same level of disrespect.

Damage Soak (AP -4): 17d6t5 6
Damage down to 3, turned to stun damage.
Gymnastics Check: 13d6t5 5
Hop the bar
Full Defense Acrobatic Defender Prerolled for Attack #1: 23d6t5 8
Limited to 7. Truncate as needed.
Full Defense Acrobatic Defender Prerolled for Attack #1: 22d6t5 8
Limited to 7 as well mean to put attack 2. Truncate as needed.
Including previous roll for posterity
Unarmed Combat (Cyberspurs) Superior Position +2 SECOND CHANCE: 14d6h5 5
Limit is 7 with 2 excess hits to burn. Potential 20DV at AP-2 on the guy I stabbed before since he's still not a goner.
Truncating three dice from both rolls does not chance the amount of hits (assuming loss of superior position bonus+ wound modifier being applied)

pre:
Initiative: 10+5d6 Armor: 13 (Ares Victory Rapid Transit Diamond/Orthoskin Rating 4)
Full Defense: -10 to total intiative, bonus lasts for entire combat turn

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jun 4, 2014

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014
Franz Talhoffer

Edge: 4/7

IN THE FUTURE
Initiative: 13+2d6 18

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Edge 2/3

Bell hums inwardly, happy over the prospect of action over beings of flesh instead of beings of the ether, spirits, and or air. "I presume you want me to be checking for explosives, grenades, IEDs, flashbangs, the fun stuff that makes you want to go boom?"

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius

Darius feels the shakes come along as they approach the water main. He couldn't wait to get started and leave the pre-op jitters behind. He was hoping things would go a bit more smoothly than they had the night before. He's brought his normal gear though his normal arrows and armor has been replaced and he'd brought along a couple gas grenades and flashbangs, along with a flash pack.1

He turns to Bell "Yeah, and if you can find the hostages. Need that info before we try to blow this house down. May want to wait until the other teams are close to/already engaging so that the attention of any mage or shaman in there is distracted. Up to you. Matches or I could probably carry your body while you're travelling." Turning to no-one in particular: "So does anyone know how to open this, or are we just going to try to blow it subtly?"

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Birch nods. "Can you do it magically or something? Who's got this door?"

Franz sprints down the street against the customers fleeing the bar, gunfire filling the air. Franz will show up at the beginning of the next initiative phase at the entrance of the patio. He can make two sprint rolls, one on each init pass, to get further into the bar to start there on the next Combat Turn.

Mr. White bounds over the bar, landing next to the Three of Clubs and thrusting his cyberspurs at the guy.

Dodging Attack: 11d6t5 7 LOL Orokos strikes again.

In an incredible blur, the Three twists out of the way of the blades coming at him and fires an automatic burst at Mr. White before switching spots with Magnus. Magnus lets out a long burst with his Remington at Mr. White. The shot goes wide, though, shattering a bottle behind Mr. White. Then the Four of Clubs pulled up the Three of Clubs, helping him back to the bathroom as he did, moving in a job. Magnus follows, firing a burst of shotgun slugs at you as he backs up hastily, missing and shattering bottles along the back wall of the bar.

Mr. White moves into the bathroom after the men, slashing at the Three of Clubs, cutting huge gash into the nearly-dead man before beating a retreat and ducking behind the bar, asking if the bartender is okay. The bartender gives a meek nod and tries to shrink away from the line of fire.
Unarmed Combat (Cyberspurs) Running -2: 14d6t5 4 13 after -1 Wound, so truncating
Trying to Live: 11d6t5 3
Soak: 12d6t5 5

Franz should roll initiative and the sprinting rolls above, and then I'll update Franz' location and we'll start the next turn.

Initiative: 14+4d6 26 14+4d6 29 15+4d6 34
Next Turn
34 Seven of Clubs (Magnus)
29 Four of Clubs
26 Three of Clubs
?? Franz
16 Mr. White

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Intiative: 10+1d6 16
"Ok good stay down. This thing will be over soon, loving cowboys tried to off me in public." He mentally comms Franz [Targets are in the bathroom, the Men's bathroom on the left by the bar. One down 2 fresh. Eliminate all targets and let me know if you are going to machinegun or frag it before I go in to finish the job. Copy?] Tony stands by to rush the bathroom or otherwise kill anyone who sticks their head out of the bathroom.

For when its time to kill again.
Unarmed Combat (Cyberspurs) -1 Wound Modifier: 15d6t5 5
If I take fire and I need to go full defense let me know how many attacks i'm defending from total and I'll rol them up

pre:
Initiative: 10+1d6 Armor: 13 (Ares Victory Rapid Transit Diamond/Orthoskin Rating 4)

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 4, 2014

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 9480 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 12 Edge 5/5 Karma: 0

At Darius' comment, Matches makes himself busy with his MMG. Social niceties were usually not his bag, but he did loving know for loving sure that the runties don't fuckin like it when you offer to pick them up and carry them.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

THE DESERT

"Gimme a sec. It isn't as easy as the trids make it look." Nina moves to the door, looking at the lock before grabbing the right set of tools to try and use one of the autopickers.

THE FUTURE

Nina hears the gunshots, and tries to avoid rolling her eyes. She goes to try to find the direction that White is getting into trouble.

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014
Franz Talhoffer

IN THE FUTURE

Sprint 1: 8d6t5 4

Soak stun 1: 7d6t5 2

Sprint 2: 8d6t5 4

Soak stun 2: 7d6t5 4

Franz sprints at top sped, bursting into the bar, his last shirt grenade in his left hand, his right arm readied to fire.

"Ich bin hier! Wo sind die Arschlöcher?!"

OOC: gently caress yeah! Sanic time!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

"I don't speak that jive poo poo Omae, check your commlink!. Fuckers tried to kill me just because I'm Ares. And to think I was about to buy them a round!" Tony shouts out and pops up to set an AR waypoint highlighting the door to the men's bathroom. He looks around and sees a civilian in the line of fire. "You by the booth. Get the hell out of here its not safe here, run for the door we got you covered!" As soon as Franz does his thing, he'll back his play and try to take a S-K guy out, preferably the 4.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 4, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

The lock looks easy enough for an autopicker to handle if you can get it open: the facility wasn't exactly the pinnacle of security, and it hadn't been well-maintained for a very long time. Your sequencer would likely make quick work of it if you could get it open to connect it. It was unlikely that it was wireless, but you could also try to cut the physical line to it and connect it to your deck to try to crack.

It's Locksmith + Agility (6, 1 Combat Turn) to open the lock, and then you can use the sequencer against it, or Logic + Hardware to wire it to your deck. I'll get you involved in the bar shootout after the current Combat Turn.

Nina looks the lock over, her capable hands examining the device and preparing to unlock it, while the rest of you stub out last-minute details. Matches prepares his MMG while Darius and Bell discuss the finer points of astral-based scouting in the nearly-searing summer sun around the manhole cover just large enough to allow you all access.

Franz runs into the patio, stopping near a table a little out of breath from his sprint that broke every non-augmented Olympic running record ever set. Then you both hear a long burst of gunfire from the bathroom, but it doesn't look like the bullets were pointed at the door. The woman in the booth looks overly panicked, and like she isn't about to move. Most of the other customers are fleeing now, however, and the bouncer is still ducked down by the front entrance. the huge troll's horns peeking up over the booth.

@Franz, I rolled your initiative: Initiative: 13+2d6 17
Initiative
34 Seven of Clubs (Magnus)
29 Four of Clubs
17 Franz
16 Mr. White

Map, with added Fog of War.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 4, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

White stands up from the bar and motions for franz to move forward. [Hostiles must have shot their way out of the bathroom. Follow me out and cover me!]

Go through the big area on the left which I assume is the kitchen and bust out the back and peek around to see where they are at. I'm gonna wanna take cover behind a dumpster or something if there's one back there. Reacquire the targets and finish the job.

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014
Franz Talhoffer

IN THE FUTURE
Franz is going to chase the S-K goons through the loving bathroom door, and go in arms up, guns out.

OOC: Franz is gonna run into the alleyway after huffing some Jazz. If the Goons are escaping, I'll shoot at them. If I can't see them, I'll check the streets. If enemies appear at any point during this, OPEN FIRE!

ViscerusIgnea fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 6, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Bell
2/3 Edge

A little of this
DETECT ENEMIES, EXTENDED at Force 4
Force 4 + Magic 6 = 10d6t5: 5 hits
Resist Drain: 8d6t5 3 hits so 1 stun damage

And a bit of that
DETECT EXPLOSIVES at Force 6 - 2 = 4 Drain
Force 6 + Magic 6 = 12d6t5:[/url 4 hits
[url=http://orokos.com/roll/199153] Resist Drain 8d6t5
1 3 stun damage

4 stun damage all together.

"The finer aspects, like anything else is to never get caught in anything you do. Ever," Bell remarks back to Darius regarding the finer points of astral scouting, "Speak of which, I done my part."

AmyL fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 6, 2014

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

THE DESERT

"Alright, lemme wire this like.." Nina goes quiet, as she looks to wire her deck in directly.

Well, this explains where all those successes went.Hardware + Logic: 13d6t5 10

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

You reach your senses out, your spells giving you sensation. There, on the underside of the tunnel's entrance, is an explosive on a tripwire, set to detonate when the hatch is opened. Your life sensor is larger, reaching nearly 300 meters in any direction, and you feel... things, further up the tunnel. Maybe a hundred meters, some sort of animals, that are lying in wait for whatever prey might happen by. There are four of them, though not immensely large. But it's difficult to say what, exactly, those things are, aside from magical.

You pull out your wire strippers, and within maybe three seconds you have the lock's wires prepped with a universal data connector extension and the whole assembly is plugged into your deck. All that was left was to grab a few marks and pop the lock.

The device has DR 3 for resistance purposes, and there's nothing like a host or PAN protecting it.

Here's a map of the area:

Your comms light up with Sgt. Dayton on the other side. {Squad Alpha-Three, report. How's poo poo patrol going? Ready to roll in yet? We've got Alpha-One and Alpha-Two eight, maybe ten mikes out.}

You arrive in the bathroom to find the Three of Clubs dead in the corner, the floor sticky with his blood. There's a neat hole in the wall next to him, maybe two meters across, that looks to be the result of concentrated automatic fire. There's also a ton of drywall debris and dust in the air, and you get a lungful of it as you inspect the scene. They blew their way out with that little HK-227 from the looks of it.

Running through the kitchen, you post up by the nearest dumpster to find a smoke grenade filling the area. Across the alley was some sort of courtyard, and both it and the way down the alley are completely obscured by the thick smoke. It's unclear where the men fled to through the dense cloud filling the space around you.

Initiative
24 Seven of Clubs (Magnus)
19 Four of Clubs
7 Franz
6 Mr. White

Map, with added Fog of War:

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 7, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
@thelazyblank: whoops, didn't see your post at first, so I updated it to address yours, too.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

¥: 32,380 TV Rating: 12.5 Cards in the Deck: 51/52
"gently caress it they are gone!" White shouts to Franz. He stops running and retracts his cyberspurs. "I still need an outfit for tonight, where's the nearest Ares clothing store at? Lets go spend some money." He remembers Nina was on the way and calls her commlink. "Nina, deviate from the Chat, we're going shopping for some Ares brand suits. I need you to punch deck and keep track of local police activity on the airwaves. The Chat won't be safe till I have assurances from command that I won't have to deal with the locals interrupting our night. See you soon!"

But first he thinks, he needs to change outfits in the interim. He walks back through the bar. "Everyone ok? Is anyone hurt?" He yells out loud. "Ok good, the security forces should be on the way, you just give them your story and everything will be back to normal." He swings by the bar. "Hey, buy all the customers two rounds on Ares Global Entertainment, and if you have problems with the wall repair, come to me. Oh yeah this is for whatever those soldiers owed you." White sees paying out 1k nuyen. "I hope another day when things are quieter I can enjoy a good lamb kebab here. Shokran. Ok stay safe." Thank you in Arabic, the only word of arabic he's bothered to commit to memory since flying out to Tamanrasset.

He whistles for Franz to follow him and steps into the Vashon Island store. "Hello gentlemen and ladies. Can I speak to someone, I'm interested in seeing the tailor for one of your Synergist business suits. Oh and the Ace of Spades line looks real good to me, speaks to the American in the UCAS in me. Wonder if yall have my size? Franz what do you think? Hows this all look to you?"

Whilst he's bullshitting with the local vashon island staff, he's taking a moment to catch a breather looking for the nearest Ares clothing outlet or Zoe store.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jun 7, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Bell
2/3 Edge
6/10 Stun

Bell holds up her right fist, motioning the group to halt what they are doing and pay attention to her

"Explosive on the underside of the tunnel's entrance and a whole bunch of magic-magic something somethings down the tunnel, maybe 100 meters more or less," Bell whispers softly, "I can't tell if they are human or animal but they are live. Excluding anything else but I'm not popping in the astral for a look-and-see cause I don't know what they can do."

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius

Darius curses under his breath. "We gonna be able to disable that explosive? Could you tell what triggers it? If we can still use this route then maybe Birch's drones can get us eyes on what's inside. If not then I, uh, feel like we're gonna lose the element of surprise. Might as well blow a hole in the tunnel where they are and open up on them in that case."
Darius really hopes someone can disable that explosive. Why couldn't things ever go smoothly he wondered. At the same time he was glad that the little mage had found the explosive before they'd triggered it.
While they figured out what to do he tried to guess what critters might be hiding inside just by location and grouping.
Guessing what lurks inside - Zoology and Parazoology Respectively: 7d6t5 1 9d6t5 1

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 9480 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 11 Edge 5/5 Karma: 0

Lighting a cigar, matches, more gracefully then one would think, squats down and pokes the point of his knife in the sand, ready to draw.

To Bell What's the rig down there look like? A friction right like this? He quickly sketches in the sand. Or like a fuckin old school mercury switch like this.....

Matches keeps asking and sketching until Bell recognizes something.

Any writing or numbers on the charge or any of that poo poo? Shoulda brought one a them fiberscopes along....gently caress.

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014
Franz Talhoffer

IN THE FUTURE
"WHAT?! You loving LOST ZEM!? Schweinhund! You couldn't keep zem here for what, ten seconds more?!" Franz rages, and putting his grenade back in his pocket, smashes a few more chunks out the wall whilst screaming in german. "One last thing." He crosses to the SSaeder Krupp Goon, and firmly grips the arms, dislocating them, then twisting them off firmly. "Scheissekerl."

Exhaling deep, and calming the rush of Jazz through his system, Franz adjusts his shades, and heads with White, grumbling. "I sink somesing in red. I've alvays vanted a red suit. You sink zey do fancy Shock Gloves here?"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

¥: 32,380 TV Rating: 12.5 Cards in the Deck: 50/52
"I can see in the dark not through smoke can you! Whatever those soldats are gonna come back after us, we're gonna need to be ready. Stay close ok."

At the Vashon Island Store
"Yo check out that jacket." Tony says as he heads on over to the Ace of Diamonds rack and looks at the futuristic fighter pilot jacket, insignia on the collar, and sleeveless. "What do you think, I think this'll be a good look for the trid series. What about you?"

I'm deciding the Ace of Diamonds jacket I'm looking at is literally the char outfit in my character picture.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 20, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Exact Explosives Description:

It's a tripwire-detonated explosive, about a half-kilogram load, with maybe one-hundred ball bearings. From your knowledge of explosives, it reminded you of an old S-Mine without the bounding mechanism. When the hatch was lifted, the tripwire would ignite the fuse and blow the thing, sending heavy-weight ball bearings all over the place. It looks like it recently had a wireless detonation unit on it, but the entire electronic mechanism was stripped out. The tripwire reaches from the mine straight down to the floor, and it looks like metal wire, about a half-centimeter thick.

Those roles aren't high enough to really be productive, except to list typical desert fauna you might run into. So here are some things:
Novascorpions, large scorpions that have been awakened and have taken on magically-hard armor and some other abilities, including vicious poison.
Wisp Spiders, magically-enhanced camel spiders that have developed the ability to become magically invisible and grown to enormous sizes.
Sandwords, massive man-eating tunnelers, if you want to believe the rumors.

Feel free to roll Demolitions as a Knowledge (Professional) check to identify the bomb. Defusing can happen with Logic + Demolitions with Physical as the limit (because you have to be precise to not die).

Sgt. Dayton rings on your comms again. {Squad, I need an ETA or a status report.}

Headed for the meet, you watch two men run toward you from behind in SK colors. They're moving triple-quick, near blurs as their wired reflexes jolt them forward through the crowded streets. Behind them, you see several people maybe a block away fleeing from the gunfire you heard. Whatever just happened, these 'wared up meatheads must have been involved.

The bartender trips over his words, unable to get anything coherent out aside from a few "Uhs", and "Um", and an "Okay". Honestly, after the exchange, it was hard to tell if he spoke English. You head for the store next door, and walking in, you're approached by a man looking to sell you something. The nearest Ares fashion store is about two blocks south, maybe a five-minute walk, and there's a Zoe about a mile east.

After brutally ripping the man's arms off, you stroll out of the bar and head into Vashon Island with Mr. White.

The two of you hear police sirens in the distance, getting closer, and the man who meets you at the door looks at least a little non-plussed by the blood running down Mr. White's arm and onto the carpet. He clicks his tongue at both of you, producing soft white handkerchiefs for both of you. His English is impeccable with a British accent. "Ares men, hmm? Well, I guess there's just no accounting for taste. Now, gentlemen, if you could be so kind as to clean yourselves off. Oh, and I can rest assured you weren't involved in whatever just happened next door, right?"

He looks at you two expectantly, his faux hawk perfectly groomed, his body framed in a sterling-white Vashon suit. He seems to be waiting for something, watching the two of you as you begin to browse. A moment later, it's more clear: he's looking for a bribe. He follows you two through the store attentively, ever-present but unintrusive, occasionally glancing at the front door of the shop at the sirens get louder. When Mr. White picks up the Ace of Diamonds, he speaks again. "Now, that certainly looks like I could work for you, Mister, uh, what was your name again? We can get that tailored with a one-day turnaround, ready for pickup tomorrow after four PM."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

¥: 32,380 TV Rating: 12.5 Cards in the Deck: 50/52
Tony takes the offered white handkerchief and cleans himself and tries to rub out the blood stains from his sleeves. Not because he's trying to hide something but mainly because, motherfuckers had the nerve to bleed on him. Ruined it! He'll have to wash it five times and might have to burn it to get rid of the DNA evidence. Waste of a good suit.
"Tony White sir, and see I don't wanna wait till tommorow I wanna walk out with something today. As you can see someone spilled a drink on my suit, look at it, its ruined! I can't be seen out like this, it would be a faux pas! Right? Also this isn't quite the look I'm envisioning. Its close, its very close but I need something that conveys confidence, cool confidence. You look at the ace of spades line, it symbolizes the American airman during world war 2, young, brave pilots who took to the skies and such. It captures their spirit in a simple timeless design. The Ace of Hearts captures that same spirit in modern times for the modern aviator but I don't wanna be merely modern, I wanna be a trend setter. Thats why the Diamonds line of clothing caught my line but, I just can't seem to find that one outfit that wasn't on that Trid show. I need something unique. Help me find that one item and I'll ensure the gratuity for the service will match the positive customer review I fill out. 10 out of 10 but with a few more zeros on the back end, say 3 more zeros. And turn the 1 in front into a 3. I feel that would be appropriate what do you think? Oh and should I find that one item do you offer non conductivity modifications to the fabric at this store or would that require me to go to a third party tailor to affect those changes.

Offer a 3000 nuyen "gratuity", not a bribe but a tip if he helps me find my "Char outfit" so I can literally look IC like I do in the picture. I'm basically looking for a modified Ace of Diamonds line jacket thats custom fit with nonconductivity 6, possibly newest model with additional social bonuses built into the clothing. I'm willing to allot 10k for this whole process, including the bribe.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 20, 2014

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

THE DESERT

Nina taps her deck a few times, sending some basic permission infiltrators at the lock before answering the question. "I'm unlocking the door now, we should be moving pretty shortly here."

Given the fact that there's no active resistance, I'm just going to roll a few On The Fly rolls to make things easier. I can't think of the right action to open it, but the goal will be get marks enough to tell the door to unlock, then unlock it.

Deck Setup: Sleaze 6, Firewall 5, Attack 5, Data 3
Programs: Exploit, Hammer, Shell

Hack On The Fly #1: 14d6t5 8
Hack On The Fly #2: 14d6t5 6
Hack On The Fly #3: 14d6t5 6

Control Device (Int + E. War): 11d6t5 3

THE FUTURE

Nina carefully walks towards the direction everyone seems to be running away from. Since she doesn't hear much in terms of gunshots, she's not exactly worried about getting fired on, more concerned about picking up the wrong kind of attention. The fact that they were SK meant that there's likely to be some of the Ares folks involved, given that being a theme of the trids the group made.

This was gonna be fun..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 9480 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 11 Edge 5/5 Karma: 0

Someone loving answer that loving guy.

Matches carefully scoops together a small mound of sand and places his cigar on it and hunkers down next to the hatch.

You guys might want take a few fuckin steps back.

Roll to ID the bomb:
IDing a bomb: 11d6t5 3

And defusing the bomb:
Defusing the bomb: 11d6t5 3

Hope that was enough! Otherwise time to spend some edge.

• Locked thread