Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 01100101 01110010
has anyone else had their status inexplicably come online when they're invisible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
.....God dammit.

:suicide:

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Here's the videos of the first something something SFD Esport games and my abysmal attempt at commentary:

Match 1: http://www.twitch.tv/lazyprogramming/c/4371210
Match 2: http://www.twitch.tv/lazyprogramming/c/4371356
Match 3: http://www.twitch.tv/lazyprogramming/c/4373097
Deathmatch: http://www.twitch.tv/lazyprogramming/c/4373110

Play of the Day: http://www.twitch.tv/lazyprogramming/c/4373159
Arus's cannon fire causes Jon Lightning to fall through a hole and rally Vas In Mani.

I couldn't loving believe Klockwerk didn't fall through the hole when I kicked him onto it. I'm glad you caught that moment to share with the world.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
So I registered on the SFD-forums the other day. How do I become a member? Do the glorious leaders have a lotto draw between applicants every week?

Also, I finally won this living story e-sports thing!

edit

CLAM DOWN posted:

Everyone since April 26th on just the first page of the registration forum has been approved, usually happens same day but very rarely I'm busy and it's 1-2 days. I can't even find your name in the recent applications. PM me about this please if you're having trouble.
Oh, that's because I'm stupid and didn't notice the registration forum after registering. Thanks.

Imaginary Friend fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 1, 2014

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Imaginary Friend posted:

So I registered on the SFD-forums the other day. How do I become a member? Do the glorious leaders have a lotto draw between applicants every week?

It's a total mystery and not explained anywhere. I never figured it out. SFD is pretty fly by night.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Imaginary Friend posted:

Everyone since April 26th on just the first page of the registration forum has been approved, usually happens same day but very rarely I'm busy and it's 1-2 days. I can't even find your name in the recent applications. PM me about this please if you're having trouble.

Stopwatch Crash
Sep 30, 2008
I was looking at runesets and considering Scholar runes for my necromancer, but I'm a little unsure about the interaction between the "10% damage above 90% health" bonus and Death Shroud. Does it still work if, say, you have full health but are at 50% life force in Death Shroud?

I figure it works like I'd expect it to, but considering how much people I'm partied with freak out sometimes when I shroud and they see my lifebar swing around wildly, I want to make sure.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Yes. It works off your actual HP bar while you're shrouded.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

That seems to apply to anything regarding HP, for instance warrior sword 3 will do its double damage on a DS necro as long as the regular HP bar is below half.

no it didn't take two hours of spvp to figure that out only one hour

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
I guess arus and bird were meant to be.

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
why aren't they releasing expansion pack for this game?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Because it's dead.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Expansion already came out actually, it was about an evil mastermind named Scarlet Briar.

So tonight SFD took a tower in WvW and held it heroically against a vicious Dragonbrand onslaught for hours, defeating every single one and coming out victorious.

Highlights included:
-All wall sections being destroyed and DB not even realizing it and continuing to catapult us
-Owning like every single goddamn wave because we rule
-Sea of Sorrows flipping their garrison because they were so intent on dying to us

Seriously, how is DB so loving bad at WvW, it was like bronze league level out there.

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 2, 2014

Bret Hart
Nov 28, 2010

Jackard posted:

Because it's dead.

Sad, but true. What's the next MMO to sink my time into?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bret Hart posted:

Sad, but true. What's the next MMO to sink my time into?

TESO.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
That was pretty awesome, it was atleast 15v50 and we defeated about 10 waves of attacks before SoS took their garrison.

Bret Hart
Nov 28, 2010

if I could afford it

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Highlights also include Arus as a bull with the drunk debuff trying to dodge and falling over right outside of the capture ring as we get a tower.
That was maybe my favourite gw2 moment ever.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Lonk posted:

.....God dammit.

I wish someone would serenade me too. :nyoron:

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Expansion already came out actually, it was about an evil mastermind named Scarlet Briar.

So tonight SFD took a tower in WvW and held it heroically against a vicious Dragonbrand onslaught for hours, defeating every single one and coming out victorious.

Highlights included:
-All wall sections being destroyed and DB not even realizing it and continuing to catapult us
-Owning like every single goddamn wave because we rule
-Sea of Sorrows flipping their garrison because they were so intent on dying to us

Seriously, how is DB so loving bad at WvW, it was like bronze league level out there.

Wow arus, you didn't even tell us in IRC about this event. I don't think this even happened. Why are you photoshopping last week's WvW? Arus, wake up. Wake up arus. Arus...

Arus....

Arus........

YOU'RE loving FAT
Edit: :qq:

Lonk posted:

.....God dammit.

I loving hate asuras, but Lonk is the cutest asura. The only asura Ikea Real Doll would lay with. Only if he wore the frog suit. ONLY.

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jun 2, 2014

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
The best part was the general confusion in Mumble. Who are these masked strangers with 10 commander tags?!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Man, I love the wardrobe and account wide dye system so much, but boy did it slow my character leveling to a crawl. If I can make my characters look like this at any level, there's not really anything waiting for me at level 80 except exotic stats.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Kajeesus posted:

Man, I love the wardrobe and account wide dye system so much, but boy did it slow my character leveling to a crawl. If I can make my characters look like this at any level, there's not really anything waiting for me at level 80 except exotic stats.

Well you could set the look to a single set of gear and never have to change it for one with higher stats

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
That is only making me want to get levels less! I've got level 60+ equipment and I am not spending a copper on armor until level 80. Especially not since transmutation doesn't carry runes along anymore. :mad:

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

Captain Candiru posted:

I couldn't loving believe Klockwerk didn't fall through the hole when I kicked him onto it. I'm glad you caught that moment to share with the world.

That "how did I not fall down?" thing happened to me at least 2 more times during that round. I had a lucky run.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

klockwerk posted:

That "how did I not fall down?" thing happened to me at least 2 more times during that round. I had a lucky run.

You fell off the cannon platform enough that it had to even out somehow :)

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
How effective is litany of wrath for dungeon running, in practice? By my notes, to heal as much as shelter (both have 30s cd, and even discounting the mitigation of shelter's block) you would have to do at least 16.5k dmg over 6 seconds. Maybe that's possible on trash pulls with aoe, but I don't see that coming close on a single fight, except maybe with full zerker gear, 25 might stacks, and some vulnerability on the boss.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
Slightly more useful than healing breeze and doesn't even come close to Signet of Resolve or Shelter. It's the casting time that basically kills it for any and all game modes.

Because, you know, the devs don't want heals in this game without a casting time (like healing signet).

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Tivac, when is ANet going to add a bird-themed legendary with this as the aura?

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Litany of Wrath is also a meditation and will benefit from appropriate traits, if you are so inclined.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Litany of Wrath is also a meditation and will benefit from appropriate traits, if you are so inclined.

Which is a terrible traitline for anything but a niche pvp build or wvw roaming.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Batham posted:

Which is a terrible traitline for anything but a niche pvp build or wvw roaming.

If you think guardian meditations are terrible, you either have a bad build or just suck in general. They're amazing and the best guardian build.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

If you think guardian meditations are terrible, you either have a bad build or just suck in general. They're amazing and the best guardian build.

Coming from a shield + mace guardian in full soldier gear. :v:

Batham fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 2, 2014

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

CLAM DOWN posted:

How about you get your [&AgHodwAA] before you start running your mouth with questionable advice.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

they're still going

This makes me want to get back in and start offering dyes to pun writers again.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Batham posted:

What's it like to be a fun-hater?!?! I bet you hate Boxes O' Fun too. You monster.

Dukka posted:

How about you get your [&AgHodwAA] before you start running your mouth with questionable advice.

I'm a little ashamed I know exactly what that item code is.

vvvvv I will fight you

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Batham posted:

Trying to convince Arus his junk is bad is like trying to bail out the ocean and it is something I have long since given up trying to do.

CLAM DOWN posted:

vvvvv I will fight you

Arus buddy I respect your right to play how you want and gear/spec however you wish, because that is the quintessential spirit of the game. But I have far too much respect for you and integrity to lie to your face by saying you aren't a colossal heap of trash.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 2, 2014

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Here's my concise guide to maximum effective Guardian play in PvE.
  • Slot the "Wall of Reflection" utility skill.
  • Use the "Wall of Reflection" utility skill as appropriate.
  • Watch 2-4 greatsword Warriors take care of party might, vulnerability stacking, and damage.
  • Drop light fields.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Here's my concise guide to maximum effective Guardian play in PvE.
  • Slot the "Wall of Reflection" utility skill.
  • Use the "Wall of Reflection" utility skill as appropriate.
  • Watch 2-4 greatsword Warriors take care of party might, vulnerability stacking, and damage.
  • Drop light fields on fire fields.

Also you're probably better off not using torch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

• Drop light fields.

Gand just twitched in his grave.

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

But I have far too much respect for you and integrity to lie to your face by saying you aren't a colossal heap of trash.

For real though, I'm incredibly useful to groups, even if I don't output berserker level damage. I can survive through things that own the poo poo out of you (I see it every time we group), and poo poo out boons and group utility, and have saved your goddamn sorry rear end on many occasions. You're wrong as gently caress JQ.

Also the day I spec for maxing out DPS instead of fun is the day I quit this game.

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 2, 2014

• Locked thread