Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's your favorite EXTREME Mountain Dew flavor?
Extreme Original™
Radical Livewire©
Kickstart My rear end
Badass Baby Blood®
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Narbacular NASCAR%
DO THE DEW©™ MOUNTAIN DEW™©®
drink the dew, cole. @michaelcole drink the dew #drinkthedew #dothedew
View Results

• Locked thread
Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Think about it, Rollins was the game changer last night and storyline wise it could be said he was bad rear end enough to earn HHH's respect. And he likes money. Compared to some of the poo poo I saw in 1999, this is barely a 3 on the Russo meter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Booker T is awesome on backstage pass right now.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Fauxhawk Express posted:

It's not :russo: to believe that HHH saw he couldn't win so he bought off Rollins.

The :russo: part is that Rollins was bought, as he was consistently the most loyal member in the faction, not that HHH would try or even succeed to buy somebody.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Some Other Guy posted:

is there any reason to think they're going to put fun loving goofy guy sami zayn in the shield?

Nah, the Shield as a three-man team is done.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

crackage posted:

The Shield really had nowhere else to go besides this.

I agree, but why Seth? I LIKE Seth!

I mean... Ambrose even has been the one who kept disappearing and getting into it with the others while Seth had the Shield's back enough to literally attempt suicide!

Even Reigns, being the obvious powerhouse and the one who could replace Batista in Evolution and it make some sense, is a better choice than Seth.

Seth was the one who believed in the Shield even more than Ambrose and Reigns. Him turning heel and joining Evolution made NO sense.

...but I guess that's why they did it. For that what the gently caress moment.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Prozach posted:

I was warned a while back not to use :russo: until I see something that's actually really bad.

This was definitely a :russo: moment. Sorry, but I can't believe that in less than 24 hours that the guy who jumped off Titantrons to win for his team was just outright bought out. It's just dumb.

it's wrestling

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
So Triple H's kayfabe plan was to buy out Seth to make Evolution 4 members before he knew that Batista would quit?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

guys guys guys... i got a great idea.

Cena joins the Shield.

That's it, everything good in the world is dead. You killed it. Congrats.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Blasmeister posted:

It's pretty obvious that HHH backed up a truckful of money/power/women/hairdye to Seth's house in the last 24 hours rather than some sleeper agent poo poo. He realised that as a team they were unbeatable, so he had to split them
He found the clone factory and was threatening Seth to either join Evolution or he become mortal again.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

guys guys guys... i got a great idea.

Cena joins the Shield.

I'm unironically down with this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Some Other Guy posted:

is there any reason to think they're going to put fun loving goofy guy sami zayn in the shield?

I think it is highly unlikely, and I think it would be a mistake to try and replace Seth with anyone (especially given he is the "architect" of the faction) - I hope Ambrose and Roman remain buddies or at least united in hatred of Seth, but I think this should be the end of The Shield as an ongoing thing. It's hard to go out on a higher note than a clean sweep of Evolution.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

oatgan posted:

seth rollins is good at making mean faces

Mean but also kinda sad, it's all in the eyebrows. Like a dog, a hound if you will.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

KENTA to the Shield

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
maybe Seth was a Triple H favorite ever since HHH booked Seth to be the first NXT champ

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
For those of you not understanding this angle, a Mr. DiBiase would remind you that everyone has a price.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Striking Yak posted:

The world is fundamentally different now. Who do we have to believe in. :smith:

bolieve...

in the shield

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Everyone's wondering why Seth would do this but he's a crossfit enthusiast so he's not exactly the brightest bulb around.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Just wait until Jinder turns on them and joins Jack Swagger and renames the Real Americans the Bollywood Blondes.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

Shima Honnou posted:

The :russo: part is that Rollins was bought, as he was consistently the most loyal member in the faction, not that HHH would try or even succeed to buy somebody.

I feel this about Dean.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Adrian Neville should join the Shield and feud with El Torito

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Chokes McGee posted:

That's it, everything good in the world is dead. You killed it. Congrats.

And on cue, here comes John Cena in the background to do his thing behind the greenscreen curtain.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There will be no third member of The Shield. It'll be just Dean and Roman until they're done and that'll be it. I think Triple H is going to take a backseat until Summerslam and let Roman and Dean face off with Randy and Seth.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

Seth was actually the first member of the group to ever outright walk out on his teammates (there was some deliberately hazy stuff with Ambrose beforehand but nothing explicit), though he ended up turning that around and using it to seemingly bond the group together more tightly.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Shima Honnou posted:

The :russo: part is that Rollins was bought, as he was consistently the most loyal member in the faction

He's the only one who's walked out on the other two in the middle of a match.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

maybe Seth was a Triple H favorite ever since HHH booked Seth to be the first NXT champ

Perhaps the Reigns push is Vince, and the Rollins push is HHH.

But then... who will push Ambrose?

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I didn’t gasp. I was silent. I heard the sound of glass breaking. I went to the kitchen to see if a cat had knocked down a cup or a mug. I paused, tried to pull myself together and it came to me that what I heard was my heart, breaking into thousands of pieces.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Next week: The debut of the NEEEEEW Midnight Express, Heavenly Bodies, Rock n Roll Express SHIELD!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

triplexpac posted:

Seth BETTER be wearing a suit next week :colbert:

Or better yet he should have removed his vest to reveal a suit

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Skunkrocker posted:

I agree, but why Seth? I LIKE Seth!

I mean... Ambrose even has been the one who kept disappearing and getting into it with the others while Seth had the Shield's back enough to literally attempt suicide!

Even Reigns, being the obvious powerhouse and the one who could replace Batista in Evolution and it make some sense, is a better choice than Seth.

Seth was the one who believed in the Shield even more than Ambrose and Reigns. Him turning heel and joining Evolution made NO sense.

...but I guess that's why they did it. For that what the gently caress moment.

cheer for the heels it's what cool kids do

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

SylvainMustach posted:

I didn’t gasp. I was silent. I heard the sound of glass breaking. I went to the kitchen to see if a cat had knocked down a cup or a mug. I paused, tried to pull myself together and it came to me that what I heard was my heart, breaking into thousands of pieces.

Sounds like Stone Cold is gonna have to come down and stomp a mud hole in somebody's rear end!!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Adrian Neville should join the Shield and feud with El Torito

This but only somewhat ironically.

Also I think it's amazing that Triple H can go on Raw/PPVs, be the world's biggest shithead and have the audience despise him, then go down the NXT and soak in the adulation of "Hey I'm really just Paul Levesque not that other guy" during on-show interviews. I get the whole "KAYFABE IS DEAD" thing, but I think it says neat things about today's wrestling fan that they can keep both in their heads without any issues.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

SylvainMustach posted:

Whenever we stand up from now on people will hear the tinkling of broken dreams. You did this, Seth.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

SylvainMustach posted:

I didn’t gasp. I was silent. I heard the sound of glass breaking. I went to the kitchen AND THERE WAS THE RATTLESNAKE! STUNNER! STUNNER! STUNNER!

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Seth vs. Dean and Roman vs. Orton opens up some very needed fresh feuds.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SylvainMustach posted:

Then Steve Austin burst in waggling his head and kicked you in the gut and you realized it was glass breaking all along?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Stone Cold comes back, wearing leather SWAT gear to become the third man of Shield.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

triplexpac posted:

Seth BETTER be wearing a suit next week :colbert:

Or better yet he should have removed his vest to reveal a suit

Wear dress pants, a black shirt, tie, and then the combat vest over the tie and shirt.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

If I was Triple H I'd want the guy who keeps on being able to knee me in the face from offscreen at any time on my side.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Jerusalem posted:

Then Steve Austin burst in waggling his head and kicked you in the gut and you realized it was glass breaking all along?

I wish.

:smith:

I wish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
He'll stop dyeing his hair blond.

• Locked thread