Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Is there any way for me to give you money and you give me cool stuff at this point in time. I missed the kickstarter (corporate attitudes had me locked down)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Biplane posted:

Is there any way for me to give you money and you give me cool stuff at this point in time. I missed the kickstarter (corporate attitudes had me locked down)

Send a strongly worded letter to contact@talesofgames.com and tell them how much you despise ToG.

I asked just now and there is some c-dwarf pillows in storage still, you can also probably barter yourself a ToG gamespack and B2 music pack or whatever if you are a smooth talker.

Godspeed.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Gortarius posted:

Send a strongly worded letter to contact@talesofgames.com and tell them how much you despise ToG.

I asked just now and there is some c-dwarf pillows in storage still, you can also probably barter yourself a ToG gamespack and B2 music pack or whatever if you are a smooth talker.

Godspeed.

I emailed them a month or so ago and never got a response

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Mortimer posted:

I emailed them a month or so ago and never got a response

You probably emailed while our producer, the dude who handles all this stuff, was away. Sorry about this, I'll let him know. What was your email address?

Also, just wanted to say that the last few months have been very good, probably our best, and as the game comes together it's become more apparent how different this game is from everything else. There really is no nearest neighbor. I feel like we're onto something really good and I just wanted to express how happy I am with what we have so far. I think people will be surprised by how ambitious this is and I really do hope they appreciate how new some of the things in it are.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Chef Boyardee posted:

You probably emailed while our producer, the dude who handles all this stuff, was away. Sorry about this, I'll let him know. What was your email address?

Also, just wanted to say that the last few months have been very good, probably our best, and as the game comes together it's become more apparent how different this game is from everything else. There really is no nearest neighbor. I feel like we're onto something really good and I just wanted to express how happy I am with what we have so far. I think people will be surprised by how ambitious this is and I really do hope they appreciate how new some of the things in it are.

mortimermcmiresa at gmail.com

Oh man I'm excited now

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I backed this mostly on the strength of the first game's humor rather than its gameplay, but bakely 1 was a coat of polish away from being the best Mario RPG so I have a lot of faith in your game design chops too.

looking forward to the citizen kane of games

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
At the bare minimum, Barkley 2 will be the Herbie: Fully Loaded of games.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
You guys do realize that D&D was invented by the Ku Klux Klan, right? I mean, look at the talk about wizards, dragons, and pointy hats and poo poo. The KKK is trying to get into our youth so I demand you stop dressing up like wizards at cons.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

Chef Boyardee posted:

This is pretty heartening. I didn't sign up for monthly status updates or whatever it was so it feels like this game is being made in some locked underground bunker.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Yoya posted:

This is pretty heartening. I didn't sign up for monthly status updates or whatever it was so it feels like this game is being made in some locked underground bunker.

It is. Check out some of the ToG streams. They are in some prepper dungeon chugging down gamer fuel and having heated debates about which console is the best one.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Yoya posted:

To be fair, it's been six months since the last status update on Kickstarter (not including announcing that they'd be at MAGFest), so you're not exactly missing much there.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Go RV! posted:

To be fair, it's been six months since the last status update on Kickstarter (not including announcing that they'd be at MAGFest), so you're not exactly missing much there.

The art streams are pretty drat amazing, I probably could spend an hour working on a single frame in that program and it'd be terrible and comparison to what that guy makes in a minute.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Frankie is really talented and his work on Barkley is some of the best stuff he's made. I'm super biased as his real life friend and the man who taught him everything, but it's still true. The streams are also a good place to get a bit of a look at the inner workings of the game, since Frankie will often discuss things with Chef and others live as he draws the assets for this or that section of the game.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
One late night I was watching the stream and Frankie showed off a never to released (???) fuller length version of Recession (oops). It was amazing and I consider myself based/blessed to have witnessed it.

Milovan Drecun fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 7, 2014

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
Watching Frankie work on the ToG vidcon pack was tons of fun. Bring back that fly dude in Recession.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Milovan Drecun posted:

One late night I was watching the stream and Frankie showed off a never to released (???) fuller length version of Recession (oops). It was amazing and I consider myself based/blessed to have witnessed it.

If there were a crowdfunding campaign to release (and finish if necessary) that version of Recession I would give so much monies.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 8, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Man it's gonna be cool when this finally comes out.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

Milovan Drecun posted:

The only big issue I saw with that version was that it's too easy to lose all your money and die. Some of the bosses looked incredible and if the fly thing got slightly less obtuse it would have been great.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I have to wonder what kind of tramp stamps this game will inspire.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Calvin peeing on a copy of this game.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
What are the key points of your E3 presentation?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lord Chumley posted:

What are the key points of your E3 presentation?

4k/120 fps xbox exclusive

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
When can we expect the Guns's/Dwarfnet TED Talk?

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
http://www.twitch.tv/togstudios

Barkley 2 gameplay!

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Whoa, what a stream that was. Many mysterious things, lot of answers and even more questions.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Blitzball, I mean, Multiplayer Turn-based SRPG Basketball is going to be the poo poo.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Thanks for all the kind words, making me blush...

That bigger version of Recession had plenty of problems! A lot of them didnt really come through when I showed it on the stream because I knew where to go and what to do. If I was to finish it, itd need to pretty much redesign all of it first. The game was a huge bloated mess, made by stitching more and more content over the existing game you guys could play in the game pack. It just grew more areas over time, haphazardly and with little planning or care.
But im glad you liked it, it did have some cool things in it, might recycle some of it in future games tho.

And also, I'm streaming some pixel art for Barkley2. Check it here:
http://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow/

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Thanks for tuning in, glad people are pumped for B-ball Tactics.

PS - speaking of Recession, I remade a song from Recession this weekend and might use it in Barkley 2 for a boss battle depending on if I end up making anything better or not. One of the things I wanted to do is have a different song for each boss. I don't think this one is that great so it's pretty easily replaceable, but if I end up not making anything better I guess we'll keep it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2957395/ffeg2.mp3

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Frankie has been struggling with Recession since before I met him in college. It's his vidcon white whale. I'm sure that when he finally releases a finished version that he's satisfied with, it'll be an awesome experience discussed alongside other Spike VGX award winners.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
So how's Super Banana Nababa coming along?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

HMS Boromir posted:

So how's Super Banana Nababa coming along?

In developement hell. Probably gets made at some point but don't hold your breath.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

So that Two Best Friends LP of the first game concluded, and I'm seeing a lot of comments from people who are sad it's over and are now extremely interested in the sequel, or even wishing they'd backed the kickstarter. Neat!

I'm also seeing a lot of people agreeing with Truckpump's rant about Eroge, which is less neat.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Lurdiak posted:

So that Two Best Friends LP of the first game concluded, and I'm seeing a lot of comments from people who are sad it's over and are now extremely interested in the sequel, or even wishing they'd backed the kickstarter. Neat!

I'm also seeing a lot of people agreeing with Truckpump's rant about Eroge, which is less neat.

Not only agreeing about it, but defending it zealously. Strangely enough, all of them have an anime portrait. Hmm.

It's kinda lovely LP though, even when it got a bit better as it went on.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

So that Two Best Friends LP of the first game concluded, and I'm seeing a lot of comments from people who are sad it's over and are now extremely interested in the sequel, or even wishing they'd backed the kickstarter.

Tell them you can still preorder it here? http://www.talesofgames.com/order-barkley-2/

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hey is that rockcicero or rock something guy from SA?

Makking those gifs you waited anxiously....

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Gortarius posted:

Hey is that rockcicero or rock something guy from SA?

Makking those gifs you waited anxiously....
Here I am, rock you like a hurricane. Although I meant more that it would be a good idea to release the gifs in a kickstarter update, not just to me (or goons) specifically.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Sorry, I'm really poo poo at this .gif stuff. You might've seen these on teh stream already also. I tried making a couple of new ones, and I still am, but man what a hassle this is.

These range from 4 to 9 megs, is there some sort of post processing thing I could do to drop the filesize? I'd reckon these would indeed be good for updates and poo poo.

EDIT:

Didn't quite fathom gfycat, will research it later.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jun 13, 2014

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Well, you could use gifycat: http://www.gfycat.com/about

Also, those are indeed pretty sweet.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Are webms too trend for Barkley 2?! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Missed livestream. Did you announce a Buffalo Fucker HD remake?