Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Got proof:

Edit: midnightghoul I like you but drat you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.

Pindakaas posted:

Not really, my spidey team up dies all the time and I only bring him out if I need a boss tanked for a short while. Glad I didn't impulse buy that team up advance pack.

Should note that they do come with a pretty huge inventory so you can store more crap there so get it for that alone.

You get the inventory even if you don't own a team up. Just right click where the team up would be.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Yea saw that on reddit hehe. Surfer it is.

Its a surprise release not a surprise hero though :/ Too bad it wasnt Groot.

e: Might want to enter this team up advance pack giveaway

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 3, 2014

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
It's :colbert: as gently caress but I don't want to see people like Silver Surfer as playable characters, because Cyclops or loving Squirrel Girl will be just as strong as him mechanically and it makes me mad.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Vexrm posted:

You get the inventory even if you don't own a team up. Just right click where the team up would be.

Oh wow I thought that was for team-up items only so mine's filled with worthless team-up greys and greens. I don't really have a good explanation for why I thought this :downs:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Cop Luke looks loving awesome in-game. I might actually buy it.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Yeah, part of it's definitely that some people's animations don't transition as smoothly into others (like people whose shoulder-charge kind of abilities just have a 1s cooldown some of the time?), and some people have a little cast-time built into their abilities that doesn't help any (HT being a prime candidate, his thing that throws a burning 4 onto the ground just stops you dead in your tracks to huck the thing). Dr. Strange is another one of those---I love playing him, but you definitely have to get into a rhythm with his spellcasting or else it feels like riding a bike with square wheels.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. At least the game systems and overall action is still really fun.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

FrancoFish posted:

It's :colbert: as gently caress but I don't want to see people like Silver Surfer as playable characters, because Cyclops or loving Squirrel Girl will be just as strong as him mechanically and it makes me mad.

I kinda feel that way but otoh they already have dudes like Hulk and Thor so I've learned to just ignore it.

I think in the game's "lore" they actually talk a bit about it being some different universe (which is how they explain all the duplicate dudes) so you could assume it's also making everyone roughly the sameish power (which iirc was actually what happened in Secret Wars).

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Vafthrudnir posted:

Is it worth getting a Team-up? 400 is a poo poo ton of splinters for how casually I'm playing and I'd like to get Iron Man or Deadpool someday.

Maybe not if you are devoted to playing as little as possible and not spending any money at all on buying heroes. If you think to yourself 'hey I could spend $5 on this game'(do it now for the bogo), and 'hey I want to level a few heroes to 60' then you are probably committed enough to warrant a team up purchase.

If you have a level 60 hero and want to do big boy group stuff, do your teammates a favor and buy a team up.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

It seems like +1 All Powers is worth like 250-300ish Damage Rating currently. Does anyone know if that will change significantly with the altered power scaling in the patch? Trying to finalize my artifacts and I'm hesitant to do that until I know how they'll stack up after tomorrow.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Yeah, part of it's definitely that some people's animations don't transition as smoothly into others (like people whose shoulder-charge kind of abilities just have a 1s cooldown some of the time?), and some people have a little cast-time built into their abilities that doesn't help any (HT being a prime candidate, his thing that throws a burning 4 onto the ground just stops you dead in your tracks to huck the thing). Dr. Strange is another one of those---I love playing him, but you definitely have to get into a rhythm with his spellcasting or else it feels like riding a bike with square wheels.

I don't think that's so much the animations not transitioning but more due to a delay in how powers register. I wanna say back when they nerfed Zigg they also messed around with how abilities are queued up in general and animation cancelling, so if you kit a keystroke while in the animation for one power it won't actually register.

This is a big thing for me on strange because initially I was using the tasker build to level with (it's bad btw) and it was horrible because most of his spells had huge windups, which doesn't fit in with his mechanic of chaining stuff together quickly to chain more stuff, etc. The movement thing you mention is a bug with the game with movement powers that I think's been in forever but it's apparently not a big deal to the devs.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

FrancoFish posted:

But you don't have a problem with Phoenix being in the game?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

alansmithee posted:

I don't think that's so much the animations not transitioning but more due to a delay in how powers register. I wanna say back when they nerfed Zigg they also messed around with how abilities are queued up in general and animation cancelling, so if you kit a keystroke while in the animation for one power it won't actually register.

This is a big thing for me on strange because initially I was using the tasker build to level with (it's bad btw) and it was horrible because most of his spells had huge windups, which doesn't fit in with his mechanic of chaining stuff together quickly to chain more stuff, etc. The movement thing you mention is a bug with the game with movement powers that I think's been in forever but it's apparently not a big deal to the devs.
Yeah the Strange spell windup/cancelling especially bugs me because I can be rolling through a rotation during the Dora defense parts of the one-shot and sometimes I'll just be loving hammering something and it's just not going, meanwhile I accidentally burn the full mysticism bar bonus on something that cost half as much Spirit. You're supposed to have the busted hands Dr. Steve not me.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Suprfli6 posted:

It seems like +1 All Powers is worth like 250-300ish Damage Rating currently. Does anyone know if that will change significantly with the altered power scaling in the patch?

Yes. The ~250 DR estimate is based on 1 skill point = +5% damage (because 200 DR = +5% damage). Since one skill point is now worth +10% damage, the value of +1 skill has doubled to 400 DR.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jun 4, 2014

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Silver Surfer might arrive earlier than expected? And here I though it'd be *MONTHS* before I saw a new character I wanted again because I have had zero interest in Fister Mantastic, Psylocke, or IW.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yes. The ~250 DR estimate is based on 1 skill point = +5% damage (because 200 DR = +5% damage). Since one skill point is now worth +10% damage, the value of +1 skill has doubled 400 DR.

Awesome, thanks. Guess I'll be hanging on to my AMeta and Adv Agamatto then.

Oh and also, Ryolnir just said that Omega points are a static exp value, so grinding at 60 will acquire them substantially faster than leveling/prestiging.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 3, 2014

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Senor Candle posted:

But you don't have a problem with Phoenix being in the game?

We weren't talking about Phoenix where we? And besides, I said I didn't want to see people "like" Silver Surfer, meaning Thor, Phoenix, Hulk, etc.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Making a new thread for the 2015 rebranding. New thread titles, go.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Kelp Plankton posted:

Marvel Heroes 2015: Now With Roster Updates and Throw a Truck Stick

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Marvel 2015 - Heralding in a New Era

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Marvel Heroes 2015: This is the Alpha of the Omega System

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Vexrm posted:

Just press 'I' for 'Inventory'! Otherwise you'll get OOS.

Marvel Heroes: Smoke Pyms 4/20 errday

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Marvel 2015 - I'd pay $100 for a Garbage Elemental

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Marvel 2015: Children of the Ultimate Avengers Alliance

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Actually probably leave out the 2015 part in any thread title, since then you'll probably get a ton of questions of "is this out/implemented now or in the year 2015" and there's really no point in explaining Gaz Time

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Keep the gently caress Diablo, mention Raids

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Madcosby posted:

Actually probably leave out the 2015 part in any thread title, since then you'll probably get a ton of questions of "is this out/implemented now or in the year 2015" and there's really no point in explaining Gaz Time

Marvel Hero 2015 - Free Download of Pre-Alpha Client

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Marvel Heroes 2015: Please Don't Hold Any More Boon Parties
Marvel Heroes 2015: Now With Omega System, But Still Alpha Bugs
Marvel Heroes 2015: The Double Small Vs. Double Large Argument Rages On
Marvel Heroes 2015: The 2014 Rebranding of a 2013 Game

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 3, 2014

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

So, as a new player with Scarlet Witch and Storm (haven't played her yet), i was thinking on buying another character to take advantage of the bogo sale.

Is Human Torch any good? He seems "fun" from when i find a random one in PVE.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Marvel Heroes 2015: Kelp Plankton Did Nothing Wrong

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Marvel Heroes 2015: Bugs of Future's Past

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
Marvel Heroes 2015: a thread for talking about Marvel Heroes 2015

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Marvel Heroes 2015: Always a Year Ahead of Diablo III

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Marvel Heroes 2015: WOLFERINE has evolved into WEEAVERINE! Learned Baka Blast!
Marvel Heroes 2015: Nova coming 201heatdeathofuniverse
Marvel Heroes 2015: The game may have improved, but the goons haven't!

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

madstrike posted:

So, as a new player with Scarlet Witch and Storm (haven't played her yet), i was thinking on buying another character to take advantage of the bogo sale.

Is Human Torch any good? He seems "fun" from when i find a random one in PVE.

He's pretty cool. Plays kind of like scarlet witch, lay down your aoe, then blow everything the gently caress up and set your screen on fire.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Marvel Heroes 2015: More Talk About Waifus Than ADTRW

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Marvel Heroes 2015: Spend all your splinters on Ms Marvel Ultimate Upgrades

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Marvel Heroes 2015: Nova still more real than Star Citizen

Adbot