Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I played a game against Khemri with a team that had a Mummy with +1 Strength, Guard, and Block. That Mummy was a loving rear end in a top hat.

I think one of the Mummies I was playing against had +1 STR and some other dickish poo poo, too. That team was at like 1350 TV vs. my fresh 1000.

I've since played my second game with my Chaos Tungsten Terminators team, and got matched up against another Chaos - I had the 4 Warriors, 3 Re-Rolls setup, he had the 3 Warriors, 1 Minotaur, 2 Re-Rolls setup. Now that was a game deserving of Blood Bowl - nobody died, but it was a total slugfest with punches thrown everywhere and only the occasional breakaway from the line of scrimmage. He got lucky in the first half with a pass that didn't make its mark, but landed right next to one of his players he had stashed in the end zone (I somehow completely missed that part), and after Wade, a Beastman, ended up botching a Go For It to Blitz his rear end off the playfield, he picked up the pretty much free TD. Of course, on the return I then make a perfect drive towards the end zone - with the small problem that the kickoff was on turn 8 and I ended up a few squares short.

On the return, more punching ensued, I eventually ended up making a lucky double-dodge (I had a re-roll handy in case one got messed up, but both worked without problem) and was on my way to the end zone to tie it up, my opponent botched a block (AttDown/BothDown, then same after re-roll because Loner fired on his Mino) and then simply forfeited the game, which makes me happy for double winnings and double MVG awards! Maybe this team will have a better time - I really of want to be able to get a team together that can play Fairly Elected. Time will tell, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Your team will probably be ready sooner than you think, bloodbowl teams can level pretty fast if you don't get unlucky casualties.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

CongoJack posted:

Your team will probably be ready sooner than you think, bloodbowl teams can level pretty fast if you don't get unlucky casualties.

I thought that unlucky casualties were the soul of Blood Bowl, though.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Lord_Ventnor posted:

Unlucky casualties are more like the large intestines of bloodbowl; not fun to think about or handle but ultimately necessary for the health of the game.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Lord_Ventnor posted:

When I still played on fumbbl, I had a rat team where I would just append numbers to a player's name when they died or got canned. Out of 13 players, all of them were at least on II, and one got all the way to VII.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Trigger Warning: Dwarfs

:siren:Match 5:siren:
Fairly Elected (GNU Order, Necro) vs Lonely Mountain Crew (CongoJack, Dwarf)

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Congo you are the worst person.

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!

apostateCourier posted:

Congo you are the worst person.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
How dare you beat me to Dorfs.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Goddamn. I was kind of looking forward to doing the mirror match soon, guess that's not happening!

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
:hitler:

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

I'm now hugging my pillow, crying while I sing "Hungry Like the Wolf" :sadwave:

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

I mean really that's all that needs to be said about dwarfs.

And this is why you should have gone with Blade Wolf, HE comes back after he dies.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Motherfuckin' dwarves. :rip: Hungrylike.

Best thing I've seen is a stream where a Dwarf Deathroller took a Cas and had to eat a -MA.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
It took a dwarf to show that ag3 passing game is fine. Hopefully all you naysayers are ashamed.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Iretep posted:

It took a dwarf to show that ag3 passing game is fine. Hopefully all you naysayers are ashamed.

It's fine if you're bullshit you mean, which I think we've seen that GNU is not. I think we can pretty much guarantee that every single pass from Wight Power (assuming he doesn't die next time he takes the pitch) will be a snake.

I mean I guess worse luck has technically existed but this game has gone really bad holy poo poo.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Alright, I just entered myself into the waiting list. I don't have a team ready yet, but given the size of the list, it would take a complete disaster (like my house burning down) for me to not get one ready by the time my turn would come. How do I pipe up when I've got a team in the TV range Fairly Elected is in right now? Just write a PM?

Also, looking forward to when I finally find some time to see this new game. Sounds like some severe bullshit happened.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

RIP HungryLike. You were too beautiful for this world.

Name the new wolf Big Dog (c)

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

TheMcD posted:

Alright, I just entered myself into the waiting list. I don't have a team ready yet, but given the size of the list, it would take a complete disaster (like my house burning down) for me to not get one ready by the time my turn would come. How do I pipe up when I've got a team in the TV range Fairly Elected is in right now? Just write a PM?

I go down the list in order and find somebody who has a team nearish in TV, so you might be waiting a while.

Given what happened to the wolf though (and whatever may happen in the second half) I will definitely be looking farther down the list for opponents for next match because our TV has already taken a big nosedive

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

If I, or anybody else, wants to play again (if the LP goes that long) do we just add our name to the google doc again and basically go to the back of the line.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
What did I say.

No good comes from playing Elfball, and now Wight Power has had his shins broken.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Agent355 posted:

If I, or anybody else, wants to play again (if the LP goes that long) do we just add our name to the google doc again and basically go to the back of the line.

Yeah sure

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
The reason I went for the pass play on my drive was because I didn't see myself being able to push through two flesh golems and a bunch of zombies.

Also I didn't want to be boring with my dwarf team.

Thanatz
Nov 4, 2010

TheNabster posted:

What did I say.

No good comes from playing Elfball, and now Wight Power has had his shins broken.

I think this game is a better example of why never to play dwarfs.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
I gotta agree with everyone else. Dwarves are not fun to play against, and are literally the worst, most boring team. At least with Orcs, you can have some variety in the fact that not all Orcs start with Block and you can get yourself a Troll and some Goblins for some wacky Gobbo-chucking plays.

Dwarves on the other hand are designed simply to be the sloggiest team ever, and every game tends to boil down to 'Oh boy, time to go rub my face on the impenetrable wall of dorfs'.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Fuckin' rip Hungrylike, you accomplished absolutely nothing.

With that out of the way, let me get my horrible :goonsay: on - You spelled Ra's al wrong and you also keep mispronouncing it. He's named after Batman villain Ra's al Ghul, which is Arabic and pronounced "Raysh" not "Raz". Nobody involved could have reasonably expected you to know that since even if you are familiar with Batman villains, the Nolan trilogy spent the entire time pronouncing it wrong.

Also, gently caress dwarves.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dwarfs are history's greatest monster. :hitler:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Well, on one hand the team is dying horribly and getting murdered.
On the other hand, it's a game featuring dwarves that's actually interesting.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Okay, this whole "get a team ready" might be harder than expected. I'm playing against an Underworld team right now, it's turn 2, and two of my players are dead.

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010
For all the talk of dwarves, this match is already infinitely more interesting than the Orc match earlier.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
gently caress Dwarves - 120k down the drain

That is all.

New Wolf: Howlin' Mad Murphy

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

PotatoManJack posted:

gently caress Dwarves - 120k down the drain well spent

That is all.

fixed

The team could use an evening wear wolf

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
RIP.

Who's Afraid of Virginia

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

PotatoManJack posted:

gently caress Dwarves - 120k down the drain

That is all.

New Wolf: Howlin' Mad Murphy

120k down the drain so far. We still have a second half to get through.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

CuwiKhons posted:

With that out of the way, let me get my horrible :goonsay: on - You spelled Ra's al wrong and you also keep mispronouncing it. He's named after Batman villain Ra's al Ghul, which is Arabic and pronounced "Raysh" not "Raz". Nobody involved could have reasonably expected you to know that since even if you are familiar with Batman villains, the Nolan trilogy spent the entire time pronouncing it wrong.

Sorry but I'm going to continue to pronounce it "Raz al" even with this new (yet interesting) knowledge

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Evening wear wolf. A solid pun.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Fur is Murder

It works on multiple levels.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

GNU Order posted:

Sorry but I'm going to continue to pronounce it "Raz al" even with this new (yet interesting) knowledge

Yeah, I thought it was trying to sound like "Wrassle" as in the KING OF SKILLS

Also, I'd like to add something to the whole Dwarves Suck discussion.

We are all kind of joking about how unfun dwarves are, but I want to make sure people realise that this isn't just a joke thing to say. Dwarves are incredibly unfun to play both as and against. As in, I would rather not play Blood Bowl than play against or as dwarves. They may be one of the core teams, but in my opinion, they ruin the game and are poorly designed.

To all potential new players out there: DO NOT PLAY DWARVES.

Just don't

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Cool it you guys, we haven't even started voting yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I bet MacGruff dies in the second half, too. We should've believed those lies and given him more armor!

• Locked thread